NATION

PASSWORD

Telegram to a cte'd Nation

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Racklestine
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Telegram to a cte'd Nation

Postby Racklestine » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:16 pm

So a few days ago, I tried to send a telegram to the mods (I forgot what it was for) under the recipient "tag:Moderator". It wouldn't let me send because there is no such tag. So I sent a telegram to just "Moderators" and it sent it. However, when I realized it was a nation, I tried to send another saying something like "Sorry wrong person", but it didn't let me because it said that the nation had cte'd. I checked the boneyard and the nation had cte'd around a year ago. Can someone help me?

Edit: I just checked and the nation Moderator is active, but it looks like it was refounded.
Last edited by Racklestine on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by carl mark on Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:07 am, edited 999,999 times in total.

Main: Nooooooooooooooo
Alts: Skratmalatis, many, many card farms

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:43 pm

There isn't a "Tag:Moderator(s)" because we do not conduct formal business via telegram. Like any other player, our telegram inboxes are for personal correspondence. If you wish to report something in confidence to Moderation, file a Getting Help Request; don't send us telegrams regarding official business, you'll likely get a boilerplate saying we don't accept such telegrams, then potentially blocked by the Moderator you TG'd.

"Moderators" doesn't exist, as you stated; "Moderator" does, and isn't actionable. In this case, it doesn't appear your telegram to "Moderators" actually sent at all, based on what I can see, as that account doesn't exist.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Racklestine
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Racklestine » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Kyrusia wrote:In this case, it doesn't appear your telegram to "Moderators" actually sent at all

But the game said that the telegram was sent.
Last edited by carl mark on Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:07 am, edited 999,999 times in total.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Racklestine wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:In this case, it doesn't appear your telegram to "Moderators" actually sent at all

But the game said that the telegram was sent.

Having just tried what you said you did, I don't see how that is possible. If you can duplicate the action and get the result you attest, please do so, and provide detailed steps you followed to get the result - and provide your browser edition and OS edition, as well. Otherwise, the game is telling me you sent no such telegram.

This is what I received when I did as you said you did; it certainly isn't saying I sent anything:
Edit: Just to make sure this wasn't a timing issue with the account "Moderators," I checked the Boneyard: the latest rendition of the account "Moderators" was deleted over six years ago, so this isn't an issue where you sent a telegram, then the nation CTE'd.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[KYRU]

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 pm

1. I clicked on telegrams.
2. I typed in "moderators" as the recipient.
3. I typed in a message.
4. I said no to being sure to marking it as recruitment or telegram.
5. I pressed send.

https://imgur.com/a/InaqYO0

The delivery report does return: "No Such Nation: The recipient does not exist. The telegram may be misaddressed, or the nation it was addressed to may have ceased to exist."

I use Opera, version 62,
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Praeceps wrote:1. I clicked on telegrams.
3. I typed in a message.
5. I pressed send.

The delivery report does return: "No Such Nation: The recipient does not exist. The telegram may be misaddressed, or the nation it was addressed to may have ceased to exist."

I use Opera, version 62,

It appears you typed "nation: Moderators," not "Moderators," at least that was the only way I was able to replicate the outcome you got (an actual "sent" telegram).

I'll see if I can get someone from Admin to take a look at this.

Steps
  1. Select "New Telegram"
  2. Enter "nation: Moderators" as recipient
  3. Deny telegram is recruitment/campaign on pup-up
  4. Send message
  5. Message appears in user "Sent" inbox despite no such nation existing
Firefox 67.0.4; Windows 10 64-bit. Rift (Default) theme.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[KYRU]

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:44 pm

I may be missing something, but I don't think this is a bug. There are two ways of sending a telegram: (1) directly, (2) as a Mass Telegram via the queue. In the first case, delivery is attempted immediately, and if it can't be done, you get told that right away. In the second case, it goes into a queue, and delivery will be attempted at some point in the near future. You get told the telegram "is being wired" but you can't know yet whether delivery will be successful -- for that, you need to come back later and check the TG's Delivery Reports.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
Praeceps wrote:1. I clicked on telegrams.
3. I typed in a message.
5. I pressed send.

I use Opera, version 62,

It appears you typed "nation: Moderators," not "Moderators," at least that was the only way I was able to replicate the outcome you got (an actual "sent" telegram).

I don't remember typing nation: moderators but attempting to replicate it just now does show that that is the only way to send a message.

My opinion on this probably doesn't matter but I don't think it's a bug either.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Praeceps wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:It appears you typed "nation: Moderators," not "Moderators," at least that was the only way I was able to replicate the outcome you got (an actual "sent" telegram).

I don't remember typing nation: moderators but attempting to replicate it just now does show that that is the only way to send a message.

My opinion on this probably doesn't matter but I don't think it's a bug either.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

Thanks, [v]. :bow:
[KYRU]

Racklestine
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Racklestine » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:38 am

Here

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Racklestine wrote:Here

(Image)

So I looked up Moderators in the boneyard, yeah, it cte'd 6 years ago not about 1, way before you were formed. I don''t know how this happened to you.

EDIT: Tried to send a telegram to Moderators and this happened.

1. Open up telegrams
2. Type new telegram to the recipient "Moderators"
3. Send

I use Google Chrome on Windows 10, NS Rift (Default) Theme
Last edited by Nooooooooooooooo on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical