NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling Antifa Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18613
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Trolling Antifa Thread

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:40 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Scomagia wrote:That wouldn't be assault, sugar.

Neither was Ngo. Assault implies an innocent victim and a belligerent perp. Neither one really fits the context (yes, that nasty word that makes your simplistic jargon so wrong again) of what was going on.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, context matters. To say political violence is uniformly wrong anywhere and at any time is self-evidently untrue, as you've now acknowledged.

Cedoria wrote:
Scomagia wrote:So, the violence against him was justified? You're using a lot of words that imply that's your meaning.

Justified is a hard word. From what I know of the case, necessary is probably accurate. But it's a judgement call made by someone who was not present and heard the case only second-handedly. But yes, someone arranging to injure or kill their political opponents is probably a valid target for direct action in self or collective defence. It's hardly as though he were an innocent bystander as you were claiming a few pages ago. Far from it. But at least you're off that stupid train now.

Calling an assault "justified" or "necessary" seems like trolling. I can't imagine someone saying that the murder in Charlottesville was justified or needed would be tolerated for a moment.
Last edited by Scomagia on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 11814
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Not seeing it as actionable.
Max: The code changelog says, "Added 'butthole' by mod request"
Lenyo: This dilemma needs an option that Luna would support in RL.

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24980
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:22 pm

From the same thread, the underlined of which I'm pretty sure counts as trolling or flaming since there's at least a couple of people on this site who openly identify as AntiFA:

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
No garden-variety conservative who wasn't doxxing or engaged in race hate or proudboyism has had any contact with Antifa in any meaningful way, as you are probably unaware, because you seem to think Ngo and his ilk qualify as 'garden variety'.

Really? Because, as the source I provided you with that you didn't read demonstrated, there were actually peaceful conservatives at that rally who very much had contact with Antifa.

Because it turns violent left-wing extremists don't like conservatives either. Who knew?

As for your ancestry, that wasn't relevant nor do I care. I'm quite happy for people to throw rotten tomatoes at murderous fascists and anti-Semites who want a race war. If you don't, that's on you. Ethnic self-righteousness here is not relevant.

Antifa isn't protecting me from Nazis or from being ethnically cleansed. In fact, as a right-winger they'd beat the shit out of me.

They aren't stopping fascists or people who want a race war. They hate anyone right of center, because they're degenerate extremist scum.


EDIT: And doubling down on that, apparently:

Nova Cyberia wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
Righto, because that's definitely NOT painting people you disagree with with an overly broad brush based on the actions of one particular subset of that group because it's more convenient of you to demonise. Totally different from what you were ranting about me doing a minute ago. Got ya. Do you even read how dumb this stuff is to yourself before you post it?

Antifa cockroaches are a subset of a subset of a group. I am painting them with a broad brush because violence is their modus operandi. Or, if we're using commie Newspeak, "direct action".
Last edited by Torrocca on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Nova Cyberia
Senator
 
Posts: 4024
Founded: May 06, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nova Cyberia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Since we're playing this game.

Torra has me on ignore, yet continues to subpost me. And here she's trying to use my heritage to claim that I'm defending Neo-Nazis, which I've never done here. So, aside from being a liar, she's a troll.
Torrocca wrote:
Cedoria wrote:
No garden-variety conservative who wasn't doxxing or engaged in race hate or proudboyism has had any contact with Antifa in any meaningful way that I know of, as you are probably unaware, because you seem to think Ngo and his ilk qualify as 'garden variety'. You're perfectly well aware conservatives are not the people I'm referring to.
Unless you want to deny such people were at Charlottesville, among other places?

As for your ancestry, that wasn't relevant nor do I care. I'm quite happy for people to throw rotten tomatoes at murderous fascists and anti-Semites who want a race war. If you don't, that's on you. Ethnic self-righteousness here is not relevant.


Imagine using your ancestry to justify your defense of Neo-Nazis, holy shit lmao it's so fucking stupid.

Also, Antifa's entire modus operandi is violence. They're violent scum, and so I call them as such. I'm fairly certain there are Neo-Nazis and white nationalists on this site, yet no one gets in trouble for calling Nazis scum.
Last edited by Nova Cyberia on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, yes, I'm racist and fascist because I disagree with you. Can we skip that part? I've heard it a million times before and I guarantee it won't be any different when you do it.
##############
American Nationalist
Third Positionist Gang

User avatar
Scomagia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18613
Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scomagia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Thanks for the look.
[Insert bizarre political diatribe here]
MandatoryVirtueSignaling

User avatar
Luna Amore
Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 11814
Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Torrocca wrote:From the same thread, the underlined of which I'm pretty sure counts as trolling or flaming since there's at least a couple of people on this site who openly identify as AntiFA:

Nova Cyberia wrote:Really? Because, as the source I provided you with that you didn't read demonstrated, there were actually peaceful conservatives at that rally who very much had contact with Antifa.

Because it turns violent left-wing extremists don't like conservatives either. Who knew?


Antifa isn't protecting me from Nazis or from being ethnically cleansed. In fact, as a right-winger they'd beat the shit out of me.

They aren't stopping fascists or people who want a race war. They hate anyone right of center, because they're degenerate extremist scum.


EDIT: And doubling down on that, apparently:

Nova Cyberia wrote:Antifa cockroaches are a subset of a subset of a group. I am painting them with a broad brush because violence is their modus operandi. Or, if we're using commie Newspeak, "direct action".

*** Nova Cyberia, 1 day ban for trolling ***



Nova Cyberia wrote:Since we're playing this game.

Torra has me on ignore, yet continues to subpost me. And here she's trying to use my heritage to claim that I'm defending Neo-Nazis, which I've never done here. So, aside from being a liar, she's a troll.
Torrocca wrote:
Imagine using your ancestry to justify your defense of Neo-Nazis, holy shit lmao it's so fucking stupid.

As far as I'm aware, there's no rule against ignoring your own foe list.

I'm not seeing that post as actionable.
Max: The code changelog says, "Added 'butthole' by mod request"
Lenyo: This dilemma needs an option that Luna would support in RL.

The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name. The unnamable is the eternally real. Naming is the origin of all particular things. Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24980
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks for taking a look into that, Luna.
Libertarian Democratic Socialist. RAINBOW! Revolutionary Catalonia and Revolutionary Rojava Forever! ^_^
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - Buenaventura Durruti
"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
New Bremerton
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 416
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Bremerton » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:44 pm

Cedoria wrote:'See kids, these days you don't even have to kill anyone to get labelled a terror group! Just show up to fight people who've killed a bunch more, then you'll be fine!'
Yeah no. I'll take these Senators 'anti-terrorism' shtick seriously when they go after the far more dangerous groups Antifa is combatting. They are backed by Congressional and institutional support, not to mention more or less outright being OKeyd by the current POTUS. Antifa basically has none of that, and isn't even an organisation besides.

Plus, friendly daily reminder that anybody who thinks Antifa and Fa are equivalent is an idiot. Thanks.


Emphasis mine.

User avatar
NERVUN
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 29375
Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Postby NERVUN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:36 am

To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Senator
 
Posts: 4652
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:30 am

Grenartia wrote:
Tristian wrote:
Except, Antifa is beating the shit out of innocent people that are just journalists


You mean Andy Ngo, who blatantly spread false information that led to several LEGITIMATE journalists being put on ACTUAL NAZIS' hitlist? Yeah, he had that milkshake coming, on general principle.

military veterans, slightly right-wing, or just there.


Believe it or not, we are capable of telling the actual fascists apart from your common, garden-variety conservative.


Emphasis mine. Trolling by justifying violence?

Israeli Commonwealth wrote:
Galloism wrote:Beaten for carrying an American flag. Unbelievable.

Yeah. Here is my belief...
If you don't like the best country on Earth, the United States of America, then fucking leave faggot.

Israeli Commonwealth wrote:I completely agree. To me they are far left terrorists, and should be treated as such. They are traitors to my country and in the United States, treason is punishable by death.

More possible trolling.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 51927
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:11 am

Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
First American Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 691
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby First American Empire » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:07 am

Thermodolia wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35976319#p35976319

Supporting terrorism


The same user's signature also says they will "personally attack anyone who hates the United States of America"; a clear cut case of advocating violence. The mods might want to deal with that at the same time.
The American Empire is a socially progressive and strongly anti-nationalist absolute monarchy ruled by the heirs of Emperor Norton.

Formerly Second Empire of America.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32604
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:16 am

First American Empire wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35976319#p35976319

Supporting terrorism


The same user's signature also says they will "personally attack anyone who hates the United States of America"; a clear cut case of advocating violence. The mods might want to deal with that at the same time.


I reported that in the sig thread once. Fris deemed it not actionable.

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40624
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
You mean Andy Ngo, who blatantly spread false information that led to several LEGITIMATE journalists being put on ACTUAL NAZIS' hitlist? Yeah, he had that milkshake coming, on general principle.



Believe it or not, we are capable of telling the actual fascists apart from your common, garden-variety conservative.


Emphasis mine. Trolling by justifying violence?


In my defense, saying someone had it coming is different from advocating they should be hit. It's like the difference between saying you won't be sad someone died, and actively wishing for their death.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness

User avatar
NERVUN
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 29375
Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Postby NERVUN » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Alright, in looking at all of that, it's right on the line, but I'm going to say not actionable. The 'had it coming' remark is not pinging my meter, and the leave it, while could be seen as flaming does not seem to be directed at anyone in particular on the forum, leaving it to be just sliding through the cracks.

As for supporting the IRA, we're not gonna open up that can of worms.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

User avatar
Grenartia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40624
Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks, Nerv.
Impeach Humanity, Legalize Death Stars, Life is TheftWis/Gren 2016 Something all cisgender allies should start doing. I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith. ⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧
"Don't take life so serious. It isn't permanent."-Dyakovo
I'm a pansexual Androgyne. Also a Christian.
Please use they/them/their when referencing me, as I do NOT appreciate the other pronouns.
Textbook definition of irony
Quotes of awesomeness


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Bremerton, Serrus

Advertisement

Remove ads