NATION

PASSWORD

Canadian Politics

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

When do you think the next Federal Election will be?

Before the end of 2020
4
3%
Winter 2021
5
4%
Spring 2021
21
16%
Summer 2021
16
12%
Fall 2021
33
25%
In 2022
22
17%
Full 4 year term for a minority government
32
24%
 
Total votes : 133

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6303
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Canadian Politics

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:00 am

It's 2020 and with the Covid-19 Pandemic, and the recent provincial elections in New Brunswick, B.C. and Saskatchewan, plus 2 byelections in Toronto, many are questioning if and when a new election will happen. The Liberals are trying to hold off on a new election by appealing to the NDP, while the Bloc and Conservatives have been railing to bring down the government over the WE Charity scandal. Oh and the overall picture of the Coronavirus pandemic, and rising cases has put the threat of a looming elections in the minds of many. The question will remain when will the next election be for Canada, so when do you think it'll be?
Last edited by Dresderstan on Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
22 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Revolution for America #FreeNSGRojava, We want transparency
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Nyborgen
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Nyborgen » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:08 am

The New Democrats:

Trudeau has been tarnished by the corruption allegations against him. The conservatives are... endeavouring to take Canada back to the beginning of the century. If the ND had had a vibrant leader like Singh the last time, Trudeau would never have been prime-minister.

Canada has a choice between the past (Conservatives), the present (Trudeau) and the future. I think the future will win.

User avatar
Painisia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1594
Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Painisia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 am

Nyborgen wrote:The New Democrats:

Trudeau has been tarnished by the corruption allegations against him. The conservatives are... endeavouring to take Canada back to the beginning of the century. If the ND had had a vibrant leader like Singh the last time, Trudeau would never have been prime-minister.

Canada has a choice between the past (Conservatives), the present (Trudeau) and the future. I think the future will win.


And what is the future? The Greens? Quebec withdrawing from Canada?
-Christian Democrat
-Syncretic
-Distributist
-Personalist
-Ecologism
-Popolarismo
-Corporatist
Formerly, the nation of Painisia November 2017 - August 2019

User avatar
Trumptonium1
Senator
 
Posts: 4022
Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 am

Vive Quebec libre
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66200
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:11 am

Anyone but Trudeau!!
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34962
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:12 am

Liberals beacuse they defend NN, are trying to stop Canadian Forces Suicides, invest in Ontario, invest in coast guard and, Justin showed up at France's ww1 grave site.

User avatar
The South Falls
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13353
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:12 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre

Quebec shall not leave. Never. Canada is one united nation. Quebec shall never secede.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.


Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34962
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:13 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre

lol Quebec independence is a meme

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66200
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:14 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Liberals beacuse they defend NN, are trying to stop Canadian Forces Suicides, invest in Ontario, invest in coast guard and, Justin showed up at France's ww1 grave site.

So because he’s not Trump? That’s the dumbest reason to vote for Trudeau. Who is selling out your nation to the Chinese
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Deltanium
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deltanium » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 am

All hail our god-emperor Maxime Bernier
The Empire of Deltia
"As He died to make men holy, let us die 'cause we want to!"

I have joined the light theme war against the dark theme.

Death is a preferable alternative to communism, death is a preferable alternative to democracy. Death is a preferable alternative to fascism. I just wanna die.

Discord server!

Christian Atheists are Atheists who behave like Christians... I guess that makes me an Atheist Christian?

I created a leader template with the stolen ideas of SC and Zitravgrad.

Radio Łódź:Sabaton- To Hell And Back|Der Warzau Telegraf: BREAKING: Valentine Z says the N-word!|American troops arrive in France

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34962
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:Liberals beacuse they defend NN, are trying to stop Canadian Forces Suicides, invest in Ontario, invest in coast guard and, Justin showed up at France's ww1 grave site.

So because he’s not Trump? That’s the dumbest reason to vote for Trudeau. Who is selling out your nation to the Chinese


Did not say that, just said that he respects veterans.

No one, Chinese- Cad relations have gone down sense that whole execution sentence.

User avatar
Trumptonium1
Senator
 
Posts: 4022
Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumptonium1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 am

The South Falls wrote:
Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre

Quebec shall not leave. Never. Canada is one united nation. Quebec shall never secede.


It will leave one day.
Preferred pronouns: His Majesty/Your Highness

https://www.bolsonaro.com.br/
Resident Non-Pumpkin Character

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:18 am

Trudeau should be booted straight out of the damn door.

User avatar
The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister
 
Posts: 2518
Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:20 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:Vive Quebec libre

Trying to destroy Canada, I see.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66200
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:21 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:So because he’s not Trump? That’s the dumbest reason to vote for Trudeau. Who is selling out your nation to the Chinese


Did not say that, just said that he respects veterans.

You pretty much listed everything trump didn’t do.

No one, Chinese- Cad relations have gone down sense that whole execution sentence.

That wasn’t a question. The “who” refers back to Trudeau. US Intelligence refuses to share information with your government because you sent it to the Chinese. Then there’s the fact that your government willingly extradited a champion of HK democracy and anti-CPC sentiment to China.

Face it Trudeau is in the pocket of the CPC, it’s a wonder he doesn’t have a “made in China” sticker on him
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34962
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:22 am

Trumptonium1 wrote:
The South Falls wrote:Quebec shall not leave. Never. Canada is one united nation. Quebec shall never secede.


It will leave one day.

When the sun goes red giant maybe.

4.999 billion years to go.

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6303
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:31 am

The way I see this so far is being more of a fight between the Tories and Liberals with the NDP, Greens, Bloc and PPC being pushed aside. The NDP is going to do worse, especially in Quebec against the Liberals and in the central part of the country in the Prairies and Alberta against the Tories, with their only strong point being in the west coast. The Greens will make a gain or two on Victoria Island, but I don't see them getting much, unless they manage to win big in PEI. The Bloc... I honestly see them losing almost all of their seats tbh, no joke, I could see Quebec nationalism die if they have no representation. And the PPC will only draw ire away from more Tory right wing voters and I could see Maxime lose his seat regardless.

Here's how I feel it could go down. Trudeau wins re-election is the most likely outcome unless he royally fucks it up in the next 9 months and the Tories look to be the better option. The question however if he wins, does he still hold a majority, or goes into a minority, and I think he'll offset potential losses in the Atlantic provinces, Ontario and the Prairies and Alberta with gains in Quebec and possibly BC to retain a majority. Again that's just how I see it is right now.

Lib: 171-180
Con: 112-126
NDP: 22-28
Green: 1-3
Bloc 0-3
PPC: 0-1
22 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Revolution for America #FreeNSGRojava, We want transparency
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34962
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:32 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Did not say that, just said that he respects veterans.

You pretty much listed everything trump didn’t do.

No one, Chinese- Cad relations have gone down sense that whole execution sentence.

That wasn’t a question. The “who” refers back to Trudeau. US Intelligence refuses to share information with your government because you sent it to the Chinese. Then there’s the fact that your government willingly extradited a champion of HK democracy and anti-CPC sentiment to China.

Face it Trudeau is in the pocket of the CPC, it’s a wonder he doesn’t have a “made in China” sticker on him


My Liberal representative assured me that Canadian Net Neutrality will be protected. They made an investment into the coast guard giveing the Maritime provinces a better safety net, and I live in ontario so I'd think investment in it is a good idea.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66200
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:34 am

Dresderstan wrote:The way I see this so far is being more of a fight between the Tories and Liberals with the NDP, Greens, Bloc and PPC being pushed aside. The NDP is going to do worse, especially in Quebec against the Liberals and in the central part of the country in the Prairies and Alberta against the Tories, with their only strong point being in the west coast. The Greens will make a gain or two on Victoria Island, but I don't see them getting much, unless they manage to win big in PEI. The Bloc... I honestly see them losing almost all of their seats tbh, no joke, I could see Quebec nationalism die if they have no representation. And the PPC will only draw ire away from more Tory right wing voters and I could see Maxime lose his seat regardless.

Here's how I feel it could go down. Trudeau wins re-election is the most likely outcome unless he royally fucks it up in the next 9 months and the Tories look to be the better option. The question however if he wins, does he still hold a majority, or goes into a minority, and I think he'll offset potential losses in the Atlantic provinces, Ontario and the Prairies and Alberta with gains in Quebec and possibly BC to retain a majority. Again that's just how I see it is right now.

Lib: 171-180
Con: 112-126
NDP: 22-28
Green: 1-3
Bloc 0-3
PPC: 0-1

I sincerely hope you’re wrong. I’d rather not have a Chinese puppet on my Northern border
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9845
Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:35 am

Liberals because the cons are assholes and the NDP are socialist and also kinda a joke nowadays.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31063
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:35 am

I'm rather not fond of Trudeau and quite a bit of support for him seems to come from people fawning over his age and rhetoric on liberal ideas rather than any kind of concrete action.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 66200
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:36 am

Valrifell wrote:I'm rather not fond of Trudeau and quite a bit of support for him seems to come from people fawning over his age and rhetoric on liberal ideas rather than any kind of concrete action.

It would be awesome if NDP won or Liberal kicked Trudeau to the curb.
Male, State Socialist, Cultural Nationalist, Welfare Chauvinist lives somewhere in AZ I'm GAY! Disabled US Military Veteran
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Dresderstan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6303
Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:37 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Dresderstan wrote:The way I see this so far is being more of a fight between the Tories and Liberals with the NDP, Greens, Bloc and PPC being pushed aside. The NDP is going to do worse, especially in Quebec against the Liberals and in the central part of the country in the Prairies and Alberta against the Tories, with their only strong point being in the west coast. The Greens will make a gain or two on Victoria Island, but I don't see them getting much, unless they manage to win big in PEI. The Bloc... I honestly see them losing almost all of their seats tbh, no joke, I could see Quebec nationalism die if they have no representation. And the PPC will only draw ire away from more Tory right wing voters and I could see Maxime lose his seat regardless.

Here's how I feel it could go down. Trudeau wins re-election is the most likely outcome unless he royally fucks it up in the next 9 months and the Tories look to be the better option. The question however if he wins, does he still hold a majority, or goes into a minority, and I think he'll offset potential losses in the Atlantic provinces, Ontario and the Prairies and Alberta with gains in Quebec and possibly BC to retain a majority. Again that's just how I see it is right now.

Lib: 171-180
Con: 112-126
NDP: 22-28
Green: 1-3
Bloc 0-3
PPC: 0-1

I sincerely hope you’re wrong. I’d rather not have a Chinese puppet on my Northern border

Assuming he's not one already. ;)

I personally don't want Trudeau either, but I don't think there's enough as of now to push Trudeau out from government. At best, he leads a minority government for 2 years, (I think when a party fails to get a majority you have 2 years even with a coalition government with smaller parties, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and at worst he has a majority government and remains in power for 4 more years. The saving grace I can think of is his parliamentary majority does decrease.
22 year old, PA male. Love sports like baseball, hockey and American football, enjoy video games and TV. Music chart nerd, can't live without it. I'm gay. Fuck neo-liberalism

Revolution for America #FreeNSGRojava, We want transparency
Imagine being shocked about the fact of greed, corruption, and abuse of power in government.
The media is a propaganda tool fueling the two parties hyperpartisanship and killing the country, it's time to end the "freedom of the press"
Violence against the government is and should be accepted by the people, especially when said government wants to and is actively stripping away your constitutional rights.
Remake the Free World, wipe the slate clean, a nation born and baptized in blood and fire shall be reborn again.

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31063
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:I'm rather not fond of Trudeau and quite a bit of support for him seems to come from people fawning over his age and rhetoric on liberal ideas rather than any kind of concrete action.

It would be awesome if NDP won or Liberal kicked Trudeau to the curb.


Either would be ideal, yes.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

User avatar
Western Vale Confederacy
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9211
Founded: Nov 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Vale Confederacy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:42 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Valrifell wrote:I'm rather not fond of Trudeau and quite a bit of support for him seems to come from people fawning over his age and rhetoric on liberal ideas rather than any kind of concrete action.

It would be awesome if NDP won or Liberal kicked Trudeau to the curb.


Don't fangirl too fast over the NDP..

The Cons will win.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 95X, Celritannia, Cylithia, Dresderstan, Ghost Land, Israeli Caanan, Kowani, Loeje, Luminesa, South Reinkalistan, Stellar Colonies, Sundiata, Tarsonis, Xerographica

Advertisement

Remove ads