NATION

PASSWORD

China Separating Kids from their Parents

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37657
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

China Separating Kids from their Parents

Postby Fartsniffage » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:55 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-48825090

China is deliberately separating Muslim children from their families, faith and language in its far western region of Xinjiang, according to new research.

At the same time as hundreds of thousands of adults are being detained in giant camps, a rapid, large-scale campaign to build boarding schools is under way.

Based on publicly available documents, and backed up by dozens of interviews with family members overseas, the BBC has gathered some of the most comprehensive evidence to date about what is happening to children in the region.

Records show that in one township alone more than 400 children have lost not just one but both parents to some form of internment, either in the camps or in prison.

Formal assessments are carried out to determine whether the children are in need of "centralised care".

Alongside the efforts to transform the identity of Xinjiang's adults, the evidence points to a parallel campaign to systematically remove children from their roots.


This kind of thing is really not acceptable. The idea of forceably separating parents and children has no place in a modern country and steps should be taken to end the practice.

What do y'all think NSG? Is China right in what they're doing? After all, these Muslims are breaking with Chinese traditional norms, to the point of breaking the law under state imposed atheism.
Last edited by Fartsniffage on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strong opinions, lightly held.

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6945
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:57 pm

That is grotesque. Unfortunately, a country with only one party has little hope of change.
China Lied, People Died.
Anti-imperialism is really code for anti-west.
Not to be confused with Novus America! We are NOT the same player.

User avatar
Grosserdeutsches Reich
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grosserdeutsches Reich » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Though I support action against Muslims, this is not the kind I'd support. This is simply disgusting and unethical. But hey, China is a commie state, they've done far worse in the past
Last edited by Grosserdeutsches Reich on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Great Algerstonia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 376
Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Great Algerstonia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:00 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-48825090

China is deliberately separating Muslim children from their families, faith and language in its far western region of Xinjiang, according to new research.

At the same time as hundreds of thousands of adults are being detained in giant camps, a rapid, large-scale campaign to build boarding schools is under way.

Based on publicly available documents, and backed up by dozens of interviews with family members overseas, the BBC has gathered some of the most comprehensive evidence to date about what is happening to children in the region.

Records show that in one township alone more than 400 children have lost not just one but both parents to some form of internment, either in the camps or in prison.

Formal assessments are carried out to determine whether the children are in need of "centralised care".

Alongside the efforts to transform the identity of Xinjiang's adults, the evidence points to a parallel campaign to systematically remove children from their roots.


This kind of thing is really not acceptable. The idea of forceably separating parents and children has no place in a modern country and steps should be taken to end the practice.

What do y'all think NSG? Is China right in what they're doing? After all, these Muslims are breaking with Chinese traditional norms, to the point of breaking the law under state imposed atheism.

What a terrible practice by the Chinese government. But then again, shouldn’t really expect much less from a regime created by mass slaughter.
Read this signature at your own risk.

Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.


LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE

User avatar
LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6945
Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:Though I support action against Muslims, this is not the kind I'd support. This is simply disgusting and unethical. But hey, China is a commie state, they've done far worse in the past

What would you support?
China Lied, People Died.
Anti-imperialism is really code for anti-west.
Not to be confused with Novus America! We are NOT the same player.

User avatar
Grosserdeutsches Reich
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grosserdeutsches Reich » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:03 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:Though I support action against Muslims, this is not the kind I'd support. This is simply disgusting and unethical. But hey, China is a commie state, they've done far worse in the past

What would you support?

Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37657
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:What would you support?

Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.


Yeaahhhh....we don't do that kind of thing here. Maybe Stormfront would be more to your liking?
Strong opinions, lightly held.

User avatar
Andsed
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9393
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Andsed » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 pm

That is disgusting. Really no other way to put it.

Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:What would you support?

Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.

All of that is also fucking messed up.
Hello I am Andsed welcome to my sig.


Amazing Andsed quotes:
Ok lets get back on topic so we don´t get this thread locked thanks to talking about my church windmill dancing.
Andsed is not legally responsible for any injuries that may occur if you take this seriously and somehow get a trebuchet and try to fling yourself into a plane. You fucking dumbass
NationStates going from serious debates about homosexuality to jokes about Jesus a marijuana dealer in the span of one to two posts since November 13 2002.
Sorry my mind is always in the gutter no it lives in gutter my mind is fuckin called pennywise it is in the gutter so much.
How does one outsource racism? Do you like get an Indian guy to call people and call them racial slurs?

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Grosserdeutsches Reich
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Mar 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grosserdeutsches Reich » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.


Yeaahhhh....we don't do that kind of thing here. Maybe Stormfront would be more to your liking?

I'm sorry, but who're you to decide?

User avatar
EastKekistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1555
Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Xi is insane.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

User avatar
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15283
Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:08 pm

May Allah SWT destroy China if it doesn't reform itself, aameen.
Last edited by El-Amin Caliphate on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

User avatar
Emenamai
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Emenamai » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Of course it's wrong.

I hoestly don't see how breaking with chinese norms of state atheism is any excuse. In fact, that makes it even worse in my opinion. freedom of religion is a basic human right.

Although this is mostly just my opinion as an atheist, I think secularism would actually be a better benefit to atheism globally than state enforced atheism, as atheism is based on the very idea of questioning tradition, which requires the freedom of expression to question. Without it, it only leads to a conflict between theists and atheists that just ends up harming people.

Of cource, the ccp isn't focus on atheism as a form of free thought, but rather as a step towards communism (which, if you noticed the suicide nets around privately owned factories, is basically failing and just turning to state capitalism.)

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22272
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:09 pm

EastKekistan wrote:Xi is insane.

You think?
Spanish Atheist.
“The rocks were covered with blackbirds and there were the Geirfugles ... They walked slowly. Jón Brandsson crept up with his arms open. The bird that Jón got went into a corner but mine was going to the edge of the cliff. It walked like a man ... but moved its feet quickly. [I] caught it close to the edge – a precipice many fathoms deep. Its wings lay close to the sides – not hanging out. I took him by the neck and he flapped his wings. He made no cry. I strangled him.

User avatar
EastKekistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1555
Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Kowani wrote:
EastKekistan wrote:Xi is insane.

You think?

I left China during early Xi rule. He just gets crazier over time.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5500
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:15 pm

They've violated ethnic and religious minorities' rights for decades, this is anything but surprising. Nothing will be done because the international community is too cowardly to confront them over this. It's partly understandable because they're a superpower, but doesn't excuse the outrage and then forgetfulness.
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:May Allah SWT punish China, aameen.


No, that's stupid. If we punished entire countries because of the actions of their government, then there'd be no countries at all.
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳
Mahayana Buddhist
Fan of royalism and distributism

User avatar
Necroghastia
Minister
 
Posts: 2819
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 pm

The UN's Convention of the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide defines it as such:

Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.


Well then. Hopefully something will come of this from the international community.
Last edited by Necroghastia on Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15283
Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:They've violated ethnic and religious minorities' rights for decades, this is anything but surprising. Nothing will be done because the international community is too cowardly to confront them over this. It's partly understandable because they're a superpower, but doesn't excuse the outrage and then forgetfulness.
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:May Allah SWT punish China, aameen.


No, that's stupid. If we punished entire countries because of the actions of their government, then there'd be no countries at all.

I didn't say anything about "we".
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

User avatar
Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26912
Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Torrocca » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Fuck the Chinese government tbqh, its fucking reign of terror needs to be ended, one way or another. I fucking wish the world would step the hell up and do something about this shit.
Communist now and forever.
I am Her Majesty, Torra I, of the House Anarkittismo, NS's self-anointed Anarcho-Monarchist Queen. Now known as God-Empress Torra.
"Fascism is not debated, it is destroyed." - [b]Buenaventura Durruti

"When the people are being hit with a stick, they are not happier if the stick is called “the stick of the people”. The State is an oppression that must be abolished."
I go by Torra and feminine pronouns! They/Them/Their are perfectly acceptable alternatives as well :3
Suggestions welcome!

Capital - Karl Marx and Frederich Engels
Wage Labor and Capital - Karl Marx
The Conquest of Bread - Peter Kropotkin
Mutual Aid - Peter Kropotkin
Statism and Anarchy - Mikhail Bakunin

User avatar
Ninrasia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: May 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ninrasia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:25 pm

A radical proposal I'm sure but can Euroamerican media fix what's happening in their own backyard before projecting what they're doing daily on a sufficiently racially stereotyped bogeyman?
News: The City of Augra has been liberated from warlord forces. Republican demonstrators march the streets carrying red banners and Ninrasian flags stating "The Civil Revolution is Successful!"



ew straight people

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22272
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Ninrasia wrote:A radical proposal I'm sure but can Euroamerican media fix what's happening in their own backyard before projecting what they're doing daily on a sufficiently racially stereotyped bogeyman?

In case you haven’t noticed, there are protests against the border camps almost daily.
Spanish Atheist.
“The rocks were covered with blackbirds and there were the Geirfugles ... They walked slowly. Jón Brandsson crept up with his arms open. The bird that Jón got went into a corner but mine was going to the edge of the cliff. It walked like a man ... but moved its feet quickly. [I] caught it close to the edge – a precipice many fathoms deep. Its wings lay close to the sides – not hanging out. I took him by the neck and he flapped his wings. He made no cry. I strangled him.

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14733
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:31 pm

Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:What would you support?

Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.

They're forcibly converting the children after separating them from their families so you should be supporting this.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Duhon
Senator
 
Posts: 4421
Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Duhon » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:34 pm

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

User avatar
Jolthig
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15973
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolthig » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:36 pm

May Allah be with them. Ameen.

What China does is abhorrent.
Devoted Ahmadi Muslim • theistic evolutionist • Star Wars fan
Grenartia wrote:Then we Marshall Plan it.

Kowani wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Lol why

“Und Mirza”

:lol2:

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Isn't that what NSG is for though to a degree?

YOU’RE WRONG.

Allow me to explain using several fallacies, veiled insults, and insinuations that you’re ugly and dumb.

User avatar
Ninrasia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: May 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ninrasia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:36 pm

Kowani wrote:
Ninrasia wrote:A radical proposal I'm sure but can Euroamerican media fix what's happening in their own backyard before projecting what they're doing daily on a sufficiently racially stereotyped bogeyman?

In case you haven’t noticed, there are protests against the border camps almost daily.


And almost zero effective legislative or executive action. Even the supposedly "anti-camp" legislators voted to expand ICE funding. Western media doesn't get to project what they do every single day on racially stereotyped third world countries because of some arbitrary "authoritarian" designation.
News: The City of Augra has been liberated from warlord forces. Republican demonstrators march the streets carrying red banners and Ninrasian flags stating "The Civil Revolution is Successful!"



ew straight people

User avatar
Jolthig
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15973
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jolthig » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Grosserdeutsches Reich wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:What would you support?

Forced conversion, denial of religious services, deportation to Muslim-majority countries.

And if there are converts like me, then what? What if I refuse to renounce my faith?
Devoted Ahmadi Muslim • theistic evolutionist • Star Wars fan
Grenartia wrote:Then we Marshall Plan it.

Kowani wrote:
Jolthig wrote:Lol why

“Und Mirza”

:lol2:

Jean-Paul Sartre wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:Isn't that what NSG is for though to a degree?

YOU’RE WRONG.

Allow me to explain using several fallacies, veiled insults, and insinuations that you’re ugly and dumb.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Aeritai, Baltenstein, Diopolis, Donestk, Dresderstan, Ethel mermania, Fahran, Free Stalliongrad, Names Are Too Hard, Nobel Hobos 2, Northwest Slobovia, Novus America, Partybus, Sacal, Soiled fruit roll ups, The Grand Duchy of Muscovy, The Greater Ohio Valley, The Reformed American Republic, United States of Devonta

Advertisement

Remove ads