NATION

PASSWORD

Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball Sign Up MT

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball Sign Up MT

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:26 am

To celebrate her birthday, 18 year old Princess Henriette is throwing a ball. Representatives of all nations friendly to Vals Hyrserd are invited. The whole ruling family will be there. You can read about them here:https://www.nationstates.net/nation=vals_hyrserd/detail=factbook/id=1230869

Some background:
Vals Hyrserd is located in the North Pacific about where real life Kamchatka is. The main industries by employment are fishing and reindeer herding, by revenue oil and natural gas. Also important are ship and boat manufacture.

Foreign policy-wise, Vals Hyrserd is dependent are good relations with other larger nations. (Current treaties keep Vals Hyrserd neutral, but I am planning on changing that in another RP)

The house of Vals Hyrserd is French, but most of the citizens speak other languages such as English.

I am hoping this RP will help to establish relationships both in and out of character that will play a role in future RPs.

Repeat the relevant info for each character. Also, think about what info will help other writers to interact with your character.

App:
Nation:
Name:
Family status:
Anything else?:

Teressien
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:01 am

Good morning,
as another 'small nation', I am thinking about joining this RP with a character of mine. Though, am I reading too much into the situation, if I ask, if this RP is also to find Henriette a future husband? ; )

Nation:
    The Principality of Teressien.
Name:
    Wilrun, Baronin von Port Monee/Wilrun IV.
Appearance:
    Baronin of Port Monee, entrepreneur.
Family status:
    Single.
Anything else?:
    No dietary or health concerns. Are presents to the birthday girl wished?

Brightlake
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brightlake » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:28 am

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Brightlake
亮湖帝國外交部

To: Honourable Foreign Minister of Vals Hyrserd

Subject: Confirmation of Attendance Her Majesty Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball

Encryption Level: Standard Diplomatic

In the name of the Bao Liang Emperor of Brightlake,

Brightlake ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby wish to confirm attendance of Princess An Le of Brightlake to Her Majesty Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball. This decision is in accordance with His Imperial Majesty's foreign policy to instate and strengthen diplomatic ties with nations around the world. We also humbly invite Respective Nation to establish embassy in our nation and establish productive cooperation. Attached to this letter you may find the filled application form.We hope that positive and productive relations between our two nations can be established and maintained for the years to come.

Representing My Emperor His Highness HE Emperor Bao Liang

Your Sincerely ,

Minister of Foreign Affairs

郭文良

Dr. Guo Wenliang

Nation: Empire of Brightlake
Name: Princess An Le of Brightlake
Appearance:

Occupation: Brightlake Ambassador for Imperial Majapahit (NS nation); Member of Higher National Assembly
Family status: unattached female (single)
Anything else?: N/A

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:38 am

App:

Nation: The Peoples Republic of The Frozen Forest
Name: Prince Ari Bjork
Appearance:

Occupation: Prince of The Frozen Forest (2nd in line for the throne)
Family status: Single (Heterosexual)
Anything else?:
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:17 am

Teressien wrote:Good morning,
as another 'small nation', I am thinking about joining this RP with a character of mine. Though, am I reading too much into the situation, if I ask, if this RP is also to find Henriette a future husband? ; )

Nation:
Name:
Appearance:
Family status:
    Single.
Anything else?:

Good morning to you too. It is good to have another small nation taking part. To answer your question: The purpose is not explicitly to find her a husband, but this is a good opportunity for a suitor. The goal is too establish relationship between the royal family and characters from other nations. They can be romantic, but are not limited to such.

In regards to the app, can you add more detail, for example what sort of business did she start?I saw your link had a full description, so you don't need to add anything, your app is accepted.

Gift giving in Vals Hyrserd is the cultural norm and the option also exists of donating to one of the Princess's charities. Gifts are however not required.
Last edited by Vals Hyrserd on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:07 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:App:

Nation: The Peoples Republic of The Frozen Forest
Name: Prince Ari Bjork
Appearance:
Occupation: Prince of The Frozen Forest (2nd in line for the throne)
Family status: Single (Heterosexual)
Anything else?:
Brightlake wrote:
(Image)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Brightlake
亮湖帝國外交部

To: Honourable Foreign Minister of Vals Hyrserd

Subject: Confirmation of Attendance Her Majesty Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball

Encryption Level: Standard Diplomatic

In the name of the Bao Liang Emperor of Brightlake,

Brightlake ministry of Foreign Affairs hereby wish to confirm attendance of Princess An Le of Brightlake to Her Majesty Princess Henriette's Birthday Ball. This decision is in accordance with His Imperial Majesty's foreign policy to instate and strengthen diplomatic ties with nations around the world. We also humbly invite Respective Nation to establish embassy in our nation and establish productive cooperation. Attached to this letter you may find the filled application form.We hope that positive and productive relations between our two nations can be established and maintained for the years to come.

Representing My Emperor His Highness HE Emperor Bao Liang

Your Sincerely ,

Minister of Foreign Affairs

郭文良

Dr. Guo Wenliang

Nation: Empire of Brightlake
Name: Princess An Le of Brightlake
Appearance:

(Image)

Occupation: Brightlake Ambassador for Imperial Majapahit (NS nation); Member of Higher National Assembly
Family status: unattached female (single)

Both Accepted

It seems some confusion about what to put for family status. Typical answers are married, single, divorced, and widowed as well as if they have kids.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Vals Hyrserd wrote:
Teressien wrote:Good morning,

Nation:
Name:
Appearance:
Family status:
    Single.
Anything else?:

Good morning to you too. It is good to have another small nation taking part. To answer your question: The purpose is not explicitly to find her a husband, but this is a good opportunity for a suitor. The goal is too establish relationship between the royal family and characters from other nations. They can be romantic, but are not limited to such.

In regards to the app, can you add more detail, for example what sort of business did she start?I saw your link had a full description, so you don't need to add anything, your app is accepted.

Gift giving in Vals Hyrserd is the cultural norm and the option also exists of donating to one of the Princess's charities. Gifts are however not required.

Thank you very much, for the answers as well.
I think, that Wilrun will do both, a small, generous donation to one of her charities (is there is one aiding children?) and a small gift, nothing too flashy. What are her hobbies?

Kwatemalija
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwatemalija » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Application 1
Nation: The Democratic Republic of Kwatemalija
Name: Laurien van der Klis
Appearance:

Family status: Married

Application 2
Name: Florentijn Maris van 's Gravesand uit Parra
Appearance:

Family status: Single
Anything else?:
He is a member of the Maris van 's Gravesand family, one of the most prominent banking families in Kwatemalija, descending from the uit Parra branch.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Teressien wrote:
I think, that Wilrun will do both, a small, generous donation to one of her charities (is there is one aiding children?) and a small gift, nothing too flashy. What are her hobbies?

Sounds good, she has three main charities that she sponsors: St. Nicholas's Children's Hospital, The National Species Protection Fund, and the Princess Margot House (a charity started for single mothers).

Her hobbies include hiking, arts and crafts and music.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:34 pm

Kwatemalija wrote:Application 1
Name: Laurien van der Klis
Appearance:

Application 2
Name: Florentijn Maris van 's Gravesand uit Parra
Appearance:
Family status: Single
Anything else?:
He is a member of the Maris van 's Gravesand family, one of the most prominent banking families in Kwatemalija, descending from the uit Parra branch.

Accepted

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:25 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:
Teressien wrote:

Sounds good, she has three main charities that she sponsors: St. Nicholas's Children's Hospital, The National Species Protection Fund, and the Princess Margot House (a charity started for single mothers).

Her hobbies include hiking, arts and crafts and music.

So a generous donation to the St. Nicholas's Children's Hospital and a guide to good hiking routes in Teressien sounds like a good idea, including the maps. ; )

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:21 am

A couple of Updates, Vals Hryserd is a Grand Duchy now and I added more info to the factbook.

Also the IC is up:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=467911

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 am

App:
Nation: The Empire Kuronami
Name: Ortfiné Fredericka von Eylstadt
Appearance:

Family status: Noble/Royal
Anything else?: Answers to the name Finé

Nation: Kuronami
Name: Carpathia Amelissa von Eylstadt
Appearance:

Anything else?:
Last edited by Kuronami on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Kuronami wrote:App:
Nation: The Empire Kuronami
Name: Ortfiné Fredericka von Eylstadt
Appearance:
Anything else?: Answers to the name Finé

Nation: Kuronami
Name: Carpathia Amelissa von Eylstadt
Appearance:
Anything else?:

Accepted

Parina
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Parina » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Nation: The Crown Republic of Parina

I'm hoping that this can be an opportunity to create some backstory and character relationships that will carry over into your other story.

Name: John Cloves
Appearance:
Occupation: Margrave of Brittingham, a territory which includes the city of Port Royale and includes both francophone and anglophone residents.
Family status: Married with three children
Anything else?: Lord Brittingham has been sent to attend the ball mainly in order to judge the state of affairs in Vals Hyrserd. His hobbies include horseback riding and target shooting. He served in the Parinan military as the commander of a cavalry regiment tasked with patrolling Parina's border with Brazuela and stopping poachers, illegal loggers, and similar cross-border criminals.

Name: Minerva Cloves
Appearance:
Occupation: Lady Minerva Cloves is currently enrolled as a first year student at Danarum University, one of the most prestigious universities in Parina.
Family status: Daughter of Lord Brittingham, single.
Anything else?: Lord Brittingham has brought his youngest child, who is the closest in age to Princess Henriette. She shares her father's interest in riding, but has also competed in archery competitions and has a passion for landscape drawings.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:11 am

Parina wrote:Nation: The Crown Republic of Parina

I'm hoping that this can be an opportunity to create some backstory and character relationships that will carry over into your other story.

Name: John Cloves
Appearance:
(Image)
Occupation: Margrave of Brittingham, a territory which includes the city of Port Royale and includes both francophone and anglophone residents.
Family status: Married with three children
Anything else?: Lord Brittingham has been sent to attend the ball mainly in order to judge the state of affairs in Vals Hyrserd. His hobbies include horseback riding and target shooting. He served in the Parinan military as the commander of a cavalry regiment tasked with patrolling Parina's border with Brazuela and stopping poachers, illegal loggers, and similar cross-border criminals.

Name: Minerva Cloves
Appearance:
(Image)
Occupation: Lady Minerva Cloves is currently enrolled as a first year student at Danarum University, one of the most prestigious universities in Parina.
Family status: Daughter of Lord Brittingham, single.
Anything else?: Lord Brittingham has brought his youngest child, who is the closest in age to Princess Henriette. She shares her father's interest in riding, but has also competed in archery competitions and has a passion for landscape drawings.

Accepted, just two things the heir's sickness is a secret and I will probably take some time deciding on who I accept for the other RP.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 am

Short question, VH: Are we free to post or do you want to set the stage for the ball itself before we do?

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:24 am

You are free to post, you can post getting ready, or arriving. the National Museum is in downtown Prinzenbucht. It is a multi purpose museum covering science and history. The architecture is mainly neoclassical, but there is a new wing that is modern.

Teressien
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Teressien » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:26 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:You are free to post, you can post getting ready, or arriving. the National Museum is in downtown Prinzenbucht. It is a multi purpose museum covering science and history. The architecture is mainly neoclassical, but there is a new wing that is modern.

Very good, thank you.

Draycora
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Draycora » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:18 pm

App:
Nation: The Principality of Draycora
Name: Prince Nyyrikki Häkkinen
Appearance:
Image (Painting: Nyyrikki Häkkinen is left)

Anything else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

App:
Name: Lady Mháire Häkkinen
Appearance:

Family status: married
Anything else?:[/spoiler]
Last edited by Draycora on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 am

Draycora wrote:
(Image) (Painting: Nyyrikki Häkkinen is right)

Do you mean viewer's right? because, I am sure that's a woman. In fact, I think they're both women.

Draycora
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Draycora » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 am

Vals Hyrserd wrote:
Draycora wrote:
(Image) (Painting: Nyyrikki Häkkinen is right)

Do you mean viewer's right? because, I am sure that's a woman. In fact, I think they're both women.

No, he is left, i edited it

Aurreliae
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurreliae » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:12 am

App:

Nation: The Empire of Aurelia
Name: Emperor Maximilian of Aurelia
Appearance:

Family status: Unmarried
Anything else?: Agreed to partake in the ball in order to possibly establish diplomatic relations with the nation of Vals Hyrserd.
Last edited by Aurreliae on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:00 am

Draycora wrote:App:
Name: Prince Nyyrikki Häkkinen
Appearance:
(Image) (Painting: Nyyrikki Häkkinen is left)

Anything else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

App:
Name: Lady Mháire Häkkinen
Appearance:

Family status: married
Anything else?:[/spoiler]

Ok, accepted
Aurreliae wrote:App:

Nation: The Empire of Aurelia
Name: Emperor Maximilian of Aurelia
Appearance:
Family status: Unmarried
Anything else?: Agreed to partake in the ball in order to possibly establish diplomatic relations with the nation of Vals Hyrserd.

Accepted

Vals Hyrserd
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vals Hyrserd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 am

Aurreliae, you have made two mistakes in your post. 1st no other guest has a security detail. 2nd, at this point none of the guests arrived are commoners. Please read more carefully.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates