NATION

PASSWORD

Most interesting thing about the AN's chosen Factbook?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.
The Federated Soviets of North America
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Most interesting thing about the AN's chosen Factbook?

Postby The Federated Soviets of North America » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Basically a combination of Rate the AN's chosen factbook and What's the most interesting thing about the AN's Factbook. You post a link to one of your factbooks, and then the BN tells you what the most interesting thing about it is.

I'll start:
*Insert hilarious User Control Panel joke here*

Rate this
★ The Federated Soviets of North America ★
"To a world of liberty and equality for all!"
A council communist federation that emerged from the ashes of a period of mass social upheaval in North America.
This nation takes place in a world where humanity is in the early stages of expanding into space.
Embassy/Consulate Program
Anthem
*Notices your means of production*
“☭w☭ what’s this?”

NSstats and policies are not canon, especially ID chips.

★ MADE BY COUNCIL COM GANG ★

This nation reflects my views.

Gauchos/Vaqueros be like: ¡llíja!

Me IRL
POLL: Would you live in the federation?
I decided to compile some of my other Civ ideas

Arkania-
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arkania- » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:37 pm

The History, and the mausoleum (the sutble nods to the coming death of your keader show great foresight, i applaud that). And the flag is the best part. Looks like a typical American City p
Flag, but, you know, actually good.

P.S. The Federated Soviets of North America could I use that format for my own cities (ill credit you).

What about this!
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=arkania-/detail=factbook/id=1224965
Last edited by Arkania- on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
————————————————————————————————

The Arkanian Dominion | Atmirij Valdias | Dominika Arkaniga | Der Arkanianische Dominion | Arukania Zokuryou | Dominio Arkanio | Domínio Arkaniano

ANN: Chancellor Rasal Turna arrested trying to flee Volantis, charged with sedition and conspiracy to incite war | Negotiations with Atlantis back on, moved to Griswall | Gial Holdings Conglomerate buys out Arasaka Corporation, Belltower Associates | Move expected to bolster military capability of House Gial to 80K troops

A 12.571 level civilization, according to this index.

Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Federated Soviets of North America » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Arkania- wrote:P.S. The Federated Soviets of North America could I use that format for my own cities (ill credit you).

Go ahead
/skip
A council communist federation that emerged from the ashes of a period of mass social upheaval in North America.
This nation takes place in a world where humanity is in the early stages of expanding into space.
Anthem
“☭w☭ what’s this?”

Me IRL

Alpes a Septentrionali imperium
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali imperium » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:14 pm

How those of Arkania-Ladi descent usually get tattoos to show that they are of that culture. That is an interesting concept

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=alpes_a_septentrionali_imperium/detail=factbook/id=1208028

BN: The factbook I gave is still work in progress in some parts of it
I'll put an actual signature here later, but here are some important links.

Leader * Overview[Perpetual WIP] * Military * Ask me questitons

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Most interesting thing about AN's factbook: That apparently according to their constitution, Senate can help with laws and bills, but can't enact them on their own, similarly with declarations of war. That system also somewhat reminds me of British system (Lords nobilis, lords common, etc), while being different. Also, their constitution also allows Emperor to dissolve parliament, huh...

Chosen factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1131698
✥ The News ✥
- SNN
- Archive
✪ Leadership ✪
- President Tom
- Other Leaders
⚒ The World Syndicalist Republics of Silver Commonwealth ⚒
| ☐ Home ☐| * SC in HOI4 * | ★SC's Radio&Locations★ |❇ Constitution ❇|✧Military✧|
✝ Anthem ✝|
_[][][][][][][L'''][Σ][][~][][][]_
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

''Independent ethnostate as a concept is outdated, and belongs in the bygone era. World ethno-confederalism is the future, all under one roof.'' Excerpt from the Reformist wing's supporter speech in 1980s

SC doesn't represent my views, simple as that

I can't be a weeaboo. Why? Because I am too anti-monarchist for that.

Youtube recommended me ''Russian Doomer Music'' a few weeks ago, and now synthpop's in my playlist, lol

OOC

Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Federated Soviets of North America » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

The fact that the right to exploit the natural resources of Antarctica and space is enshrined in their constitution

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1223767
Anthem
“☭w☭ what’s this?”

Me IRL

Erebus Space Command
Civilian

Founded: Jun 28, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Erebus Space Command » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 am

I think it's interesting, given that your nation isn't an Aztec one, that Mexico City got renamed to Nuevo Tenochtitlan. I also like that you actually wrote some stuff about it that sounds very believable, like the big ol earthquake and the cathedral.

This is basically my only factbook rn, so have fun
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ere ... id=1228680
Nation's Soundtrack

Erebus Space Command
Erebus Space Command is the result of 300 years of interstellar expansion in a new galaxy with no contact with the Milky Way. In 2539 Erebus Space Command encountered an alliance of aliens in this galaxy poised to destroy them. Although a truce was signed very recently, Lady Protector Ellenya has pledged to prepare humanity for the renewed war.

Shtriga
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shtriga » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:57 am

Erebus Space Command wrote:I think it's interesting, given that your nation isn't an Aztec one, that Mexico City got renamed to Nuevo Tenochtitlan. I also like that you actually wrote some stuff about it that sounds very believable, like the big ol earthquake and the cathedral.

This is basically my only factbook rn, so have fun

I really enjoy the Lady Protector as a character. She reminds me of several good characters in the fantasy novels I've read.

Eisenstern
Civil Servant

Postby Eisenstern » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am

AN hasn't provided a factbook, so I'm still doing Erebus.

I really like the quotes. They really lend character to the Lady Protector, and help solidify the impression of her that the more descriptory parts of the factbook give.

Go with this one.
‖ NS STATS ARE NOT USED, BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE ‖

tl;dr: A mercantile city state, housed in a dimension-hopping tower that's bigger on the inside.
Ruled by a meritocratic adventurers' council (in theory) and a democratically-elected municipal body (in practice).
Fields an unending golem army and a superhuman warrior guild to make up for its small size.
Very, very unlikely to ever be rated on any sort of index, due to the vast variations in tech, magic and influence that define it as a nation.

The very short rundown || The not-so-short rundown || The leader (sort of) || The military || Some choice information

Valley of the Damned
Civilian

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Valley of the Damned » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:44 am

Kresge is an unironic "radical centrist" and the Iron Hand is a pretty badass title. Plus the economy is run on state capitalistic lines.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=val ... id=1229695
Last edited by Valley of the Damned on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Svalbard Chapter
Year: 2082/0082 IC | Overview | Leader | Theme Song
For many years we were locked in a bloody war with the Earth United Government. Dying and fighting as cannon fodders for a promised homeland not of our own. With morale at an all time low, we abandoned the Hyperion Remnant Fleet and headed west from Greenland to Svalbard. Countless of lives were lost, it wasn't easy going there. We'll march west from the Valley as traitors then return home as champions.
Isfjord Radio: Boy dies after playing with a land mine that resembles a colorful toy. The Chapter suspects EUG soldiers have left these land mines after their withdrawal from the island and urge the locals not to go near land mines when scavenging.

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:14 am

Most interesting thing about AN's factbook: The whole "12 tribes in Svalbard" concept reminds me of the tale about lost Israeli tribes, and it is a nice reference. Also, some of those namesremind me of certain fallout factions, like Hangdogs, or Twin Mothers... Kudos!

Chosen factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1077919
✥ The News ✥
- SNN
- Archive
✪ Leadership ✪
- President Tom
- Other Leaders
| ☐ Home ☐| * SC in HOI4 * | ★SC's Radio&Locations★ |❇ Constitution ❇|✧Military✧|
✝ Anthem ✝|
̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_(▀_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)_▀)/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

''Independent ethnostate as a concept is outdated, and belongs in the bygone era. World ethno-confederalism is the future, all under one roof.'' Excerpt from the Reformist wing's supporter speech in 1980s

Youtube recommended me ''Russian Doomer Music'' a few weeks ago, and now synthpop's in my playlist, lol

OOC

Valley of the Damned
Civilian

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Valley of the Damned » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:
Most interesting thing about AN's factbook: The whole "12 tribes in Svalbard" concept reminds me of the tale about lost Israeli tribes, and it is a nice reference. Also, some of those namesremind me of certain fallout factions, like Hangdogs, or Twin Mothers... Kudos!

Finally somebody gets it.
/skip
The Svalbard Chapter
Year: 2082/0082 IC | Overview | Leader | Theme Song
For many years we were locked in a bloody war with the Earth United Government. Dying and fighting as cannon fodders for a promised homeland not of our own. With morale at an all time low, we abandoned the Hyperion Remnant Fleet and headed west from Greenland to Svalbard. Countless of lives were lost, it wasn't easy going there. We'll march west from the Valley as traitors then return home as champions.
Isfjord Radio: Boy dies after playing with a land mine that resembles a colorful toy. The Chapter suspects EUG soldiers have left these land mines after their withdrawal from the island and urge the locals not to go near land mines when scavenging.

Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Federated Soviets of North America » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:35 am

Silver Commonwealth wrote:

The brief descriptions of each branch are a great touch

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1215400
Anthem
“☭w☭ what’s this?”

Me IRL

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Las Palmeras » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:30 am

I like the descriptions of provinces due to the images and flags. My favorite is still this one:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1222395
El Estado de Las Palmeras /The State of Las Palmeras
"Once an island fortress, now a car-manufacturing hub and tourist destination where the locals themselves are the attraction."

Post-Colonial island nation that used to belong to Spain. But with nekomimi who may or may not have been Atlanteans.
Factbooks Here

Every time you find a reference to Mesoamerica or Shōwa Japan in my nation you win an imaginary cookie.

Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali imperium » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:46 pm

I think the most interesting thing about the AN's factbook is the fact that it's not even their factbook, but the AAN's factbook. And that it is about a united New Mexico and Arizona as a province.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=alpes_a_septentrionali_imperium/detail=factbook/id=1227399

Arkania-
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 10, 2019

Postby Arkania- » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Your Emperor is an admirable man, but I found not only the work on abolishing slavery interesting but the Formatting. Never seen before

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=arkania-/detail=factbook/id=1224965
————————————————————————————————

The Arkanian Dominion | Atmirij Valdias | Dominika Arkaniga | Der Arkanianische Dominion | Arukania Zokuryou | Dominio Arkanio | Domínio Arkaniano

ANN: Chancellor Rasal Turna arrested trying to flee Volantis, charged with sedition and conspiracy to incite war | Negotiations with Atlantis back on, moved to Griswall | Gial Holdings Conglomerate buys out Arasaka Corporation, Belltower Associates | Move expected to bolster military capability of House Gial to 80K troops

A 12.571 level civilization, according to this index.

Erebus Space Command
Civilian

Founded: Jun 28, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Erebus Space Command » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:11 pm

I have to go with the tattoos. Reminds me a lot of the game Savage Lands, which I haven't even played before. The factbook really throws a lot of different stuff at you and lets the viewer combine them to realize what your nation is.

Last edited by Erebus Space Command on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation's Soundtrack

Erebus Space Command
Erebus Space Command is the result of 300 years of interstellar expansion in a new galaxy with no contact with the Milky Way. In 2539 Erebus Space Command encountered an alliance of aliens in this galaxy poised to destroy them. Although a truce was signed very recently, Lady Protector Ellenya has pledged to prepare humanity for the renewed war.

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Anarchy

Postby EastKekistan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 pm

Erebus Space Command wrote:I have to go with the tattoos. Reminds me a lot of the game Savage Lands, which I haven't even played before. The factbook really throws a lot of different stuff at you and lets the viewer combine them to realize what your nation is.

Lady Protector Ellenya is an interesting leader. If you can understand why she has to declare martial law you can understand why East Kekistan had to settler colonize areas where tropical degeneracy is rampant. We can not adequately defend humanity if certain tropical elements are making some of the most fertile lands of this planet off limits.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=eas ... id=1229452
Last edited by EastKekistan on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Alpes a Septentrionali imperium » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:30 pm

It's interesting that instead of believing that their race is the only civilized one that they believe that there are other races that can live together as long as they don't act like savages and are civilized and also I think Nazi Germany had less emphasis on race then EastKekistan( Also question is this nation supposed to be kinda a serious meme nation)

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=alpes_a_septentrionali_imperium/detail=factbook/id=1213774

Silver Commonwealth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Silver Commonwealth » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:54 am

Most interesting thing about AN's factbook: Honestly, all those seals, and images of the royals are pretty cool as a whole. That said, it still quite throws me off seeing English, Russian, and German (?) royals in a list, which seems to be for a French Empire. I mean, I expected to see more obscure French noble pictures, not Edward Windsor, or Tsar Nikolai II. Still, it is very well done.

Chosen factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1136266
✥ The News ✥
- SNN
- Archive
✪ Leadership ✪
- President Tom
- Other Leaders
✝ Anthem ✝|

OOC

Eisenstern
Civil Servant

Postby Eisenstern » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:58 am

The very fact that their nation's size requires it to be divided into three megastates, to the point where the factbook on each is more or less about its own independent nation. A level of detail (and also bureaucracy, I guess) not generally seen in similar "worldwide" nations.

This one, please.

tl;dr: A mercantile city state, housed in a dimension-hopping tower that's bigger on the inside.
Ruled by a meritocratic adventurers' council (in theory) and a democratically-elected municipal body (in practice).
Fields an unending golem army and a superhuman warrior guild to make up for its small size.
Very, very unlikely to ever be rated on any sort of index, due to the vast variations in tech, magic and influence that define it as a nation.

The very short rundown || The not-so-short rundown || The leader (sort of) || The military || Some choice information

Swindenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Swindenland » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:36 am

Besides the fact that, "The tower is possessive of non-euclidean geometry," what fascinates me the most is that the city has no fixed location and thus its inhabitans can see any place they would want to see.
Last edited by Swindenland on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Swindenland
"Libertas et aequitas ad astra ultra"

A free social democratic island republic in the North.

Eisenstern
Civil Servant

Postby Eisenstern » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 am

Swindenland wrote:Besides the fact that, "The tower is possessive of non-euclidean geometry," what fascinates me the most is that the city has no fixed location and thus its inhabitans can see any place they would want to see.

Wrong factbook. I linked the one I wanted people to look at in the above post.

/skip

EastKekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Anarchy

Postby EastKekistan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 am

Eisenstern wrote:The very fact that their nation's size requires it to be divided into three megastates, to the point where the factbook on each is more or less about its own independent nation. A level of detail (and also bureaucracy, I guess) not generally seen in similar "worldwide" nations.

This one, please.

The golems of the Black Legion and superhuman warriors including the Council of Seven.

The Afrotriumph Challenge
Last edited by EastKekistan on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 am

Uh...it got me thinking. Can't provide an answer but I'm not really keen on African history. Made me wonder about soil quality, agricultural surpluses or if beasts of burden exist there.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=las ... /id=816952
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Estado de Las Palmeras /The State of Las Palmeras
"Once an island fortress, now a car-manufacturing hub and tourist destination where the locals themselves are the attraction."

Post-Colonial island nation that used to belong to Spain. But with nekomimi who may or may not have been Atlanteans.
Factbooks Here

Every time you find a reference to Mesoamerica or Shōwa Japan in my nation you win an imaginary cookie.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7