NATION

PASSWORD

Wrong way to play?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Taost
Civilian

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Corporate Police State

Get help

Postby Taost » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:48 am

I think this is unacceptable if you still have telegram send a help request in the getting help section and report this player.

send a link to the offending material. You can link to individual telegrams and RMB posts by clicking on the timestamp ("2 hours ago") and then copying the URL or by clicking the Report link in the lower-right hand corner of your screen.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 am

TAOst wrote:I think this is unacceptable if you still have telegram send a help request in the getting help section and report this player.

send a link to the offending material. You can link to individual telegrams and RMB posts by clicking on the timestamp ("2 hours ago") and then copying the URL or by clicking the Report link in the lower-right hand corner of your screen.

No it isn't. Fris was acting as a player not a mod. The telegram may have been rude but he or she was not breaking any rules.

/not a mod

Lawrence Butcher
Lobbyist

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lawrence Butcher » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:08 am

Lottielan wrote:
Dr Neela Rasgotra wrote: So you just telling Frisbeeteria to walk away, because enough people supported your point of view.^
Do not let the thorn stuck inside you!

No I’m not telling anyone to walk away. I’m saying it’s a personal question that only yourself can answer. In the case of Fris, he still seems to clearly be enjoying the game & is very passionate about it.

We are so good in explaining things in our favor hahaa :twisted:

Lottielan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lottielan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:16 am

Lawrence Butcher wrote: We are so good in explaining things in our favor hahaa :twisted:

Did you even read my original comment?

Lawrence Butcher
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lawrence Butcher » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:47 pm

Lottielan wrote:
Lawrence Butcher wrote: We are so good in explaining things in our favor hahaa :twisted:

Did you even read my original comment?

No. Now you can tell me to go away.
Maybe adding a "noob" at the end of this sentence would make this order even bolder.

New Cabo Azul
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cabo Azul » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Demoness wrote:I love all these "rules". I've gotten a rude telegram telling me to never penny bid and that he backed off when I had a "real" bid (nevermind that my original bid was "real" and he outbid me in the last ten seconds). The next week he was penny bidding all over the place. People make these "rules" and only follow them when it suits them. That's why I stopped playing.

As far as bids are concerned, if I'm going to junk something and see a bid at JV, then I'll sell because someone is clearly collecting it. Likewise, I don't see an issue on bidding JV if I only kinda want it. Bidding under JV is unlikely to generate a sale, but it's no more "insulting" than having a penny bid to "keep track".

I received the exact same telegram from Frisbeetaria.
If I remember right, it went something like this:

“Penny bidding is a waste of both our time. If you want the card, make a real bid.”

I was rather shocked that a moderator would be so rude. I was under the impression that they were supposed to be like the Queen and not hold any contentious opinions. Guess I was wrong.
Embassy Program
A class 2 nation, according to this index

Demoness
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Demoness » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 am

He does have the right to be a private player, but I agree about expectations. I would have messaged from a different account.

Oh, and for clarification's sake, the telegram I was talking about wasn't from Frisbeeteria. It was a different player. I also see the penny bidding done quite frequently by big players, so the message always struck me as hypocritical.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:30 am

fist of all whoever that are I'll agree that telegram was kinda rude and uncalled for, however they are sorta right, I mess with the cards a lot an I don't know how many times iv seen a bid on a super rare card for 0.01 and all I can think is "um why ill make more from just junking it", so if you actually want any economically minded player to sell to you then bidding below junk price just. won't work.

Ponderosa
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:14 am

I only have a few occasions to actually telegram a player about cards.

1. To offer to buy a card they have and that I really want, but which they have not put up for sale.

2. To offer to sell a card to someone bidding under junk (I hate having to do this, and usually charge more than I would have if they had put up a junk+ bid in the first place).

3. To ask about one of their collections, especially if it is an "Arthouse" collection of ambiguous meaning.

4. To chastise players who "hijack" obvious cash transactions by offering the transfer card for a lower price. Luckily, I've only ever been hijacked once, and have been careful ever since.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
National Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
The Collection Collection | Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Social democrat - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP - Runner
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

Lawrence Butcher
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lawrence Butcher » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 am

Ponderosa wrote:4. To chastise players who "hijack" obvious cash transactions by offering the transfer card for a lower price. Luckily, I've only ever been hijacked once, and have been careful ever since.

Thats part of the game (otherwise you could just send money from one account to another); no need to chastise

Catsfern wrote:fist of all whoever that are I'll agree that telegram was kinda rude and uncalled for, however they are sorta right, I mess with the cards a lot an I don't know how many times iv seen a bid on a super rare card for 0.01 and all I can think is "um why ill make more from just junking it", so if you actually want any economically minded player to sell to you then bidding below junk price just. won't work.

based on big numbers rule; you'll get somebody who will sell it on that price (because they are new and dont understand, or because idk, but if you are patient enough, and suddenly noone will be careful enough to outbid your crappy offer; you'll get the card on even 0,01 price)

and about penny bidding: if i already gave for example 0.50 for an uncommon which has 0.20-0.30 market value i think thats already a nice offer and i dont see any bad thing about penny bidding there.
especially if you have a lot of time at work and you can tire out your opponent :twisted:

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:54 am

Lawrence Butcher wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:4. To chastise players who "hijack" obvious cash transactions by offering the transfer card for a lower price. Luckily, I've only ever been hijacked once, and have been careful ever since.

Thats part of the game (otherwise you could just send money from one account to another); no need to chastise

Catsfern wrote:fist of all whoever that are I'll agree that telegram was kinda rude and uncalled for, however they are sorta right, I mess with the cards a lot an I don't know how many times iv seen a bid on a super rare card for 0.01 and all I can think is "um why ill make more from just junking it", so if you actually want any economically minded player to sell to you then bidding below junk price just. won't work.

based on big numbers rule; you'll get somebody who will sell it on that price (because they are new and dont understand, or because idk, but if you are patient enough, and suddenly noone will be careful enough to outbid your crappy offer; you'll get the card on even 0,01 price)

and about penny bidding: if i already gave for example 0.50 for an uncommon which has 0.20-0.30 market value i think thats already a nice offer and i dont see any bad thing about penny bidding there.
especially if you have a lot of time at work and you can tire out your opponent :twisted:

It is part of the game and part of the game is also bargaining to leave with a win win when people do "Hijack" transfers or heist them.

Penny bidding becomes a waste of time when for example see the 9003 auction that lasted 4 days, Yes is was intentional that we stretched it that long but it was crazy to see the card sit on the bottom.
While penny bidding is not against the rules and in fact Fris does it himself sometimes despite "Scolding" others for it but mainly in retaliation. It comes down to a unspoken curtsy because most trades happen when the original buyer or seller is offline its rude to push them out by only a penny. Think about logging in to see you lost an auction by a penny and the new buyer didn't even end up spending more money on the card. A penny or two really isn't going to break the bank for 99% of the player base (I don't get mad at new players who have less than 5 bank for penny bidding) remember that 1 penny you bid is less than 1% of your total bank it really isn't a big deal to offer a few extra. (Also when more people do it players on average get back the few pennies they spend).
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards