NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT health issues and society

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Highever
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:57 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:I never said it absolved anyone, just that genocide was not something far right at the time but common imperialist policy across the spectrum. That's why I don't consider Nazis to have been far right but moderate or centrist.

What is your position on Islamist treatment of non-muslims?

Considering he thinks the Taliban are essentially saints and heroes, I shudder to think.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
A wise man once said, ("We all dead, fuck it")
There's something in the water
Jolthig wrote:Use Soresu and not Juyo.
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:I never said it absolved anyone, just that genocide was not something far right at the time but common imperialist policy across the spectrum. That's why I don't consider Nazis to have been far right but moderate or centrist.

By Islamist do you mean like Daesh, or like the Muslim Brotherhood?
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

Fartsniffage
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fartsniffage » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:

By Islamist do you mean like Daesh, or like the Muslim Brotherhood?

I mean whatever you consider Islamist.

Al Mumtahanah
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Al Mumtahanah » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:By Islamist do you mean like Daesh, or like the Muslim Brotherhood?

I mean whatever you consider Islamist.

There are many Islamist factions who treat non Muslims different ways, but the Qur'an says to treat them with dignity and their own laws.
Ifreann wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:How about if I don't wanna learn about Islam I shouldn't have to?

Makes about as much sense as letting kids decide that if they don't wanna eat then they shouldn't have to.

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
Kannap wrote:
February, to coincide with Valentine's Day.

The Straight people should have February as Straight Pride Month. Why not? Gays do it, Why can't we? If anyone argues with me about Straight Pride Month, youre being a Hypocrite.

For the same reason that there's a Black History Month but not a White History Month.
Ieskarios wrote:I honestly can't wait until June is over, I'm so sick of hearing about gay pride.

I didn't even know it was a thing until a few days ago. Even then I don't hear much about it.
Liriena wrote:
Kannap wrote:
I'm not heterophobic, some of my best friends are straight.

I love my heterosexual friends even if I disapprove of them shoving their sinful lifestyle in my face all the time.

Heterosexuality isn't wrong, nor is heterosexual sex Haraam for the most part.
Alvecia wrote:
Nova Cyberia wrote:Yes. Being lumped in with homophobes just because I'm straight is, in fact, offensive.

I've done nothing wrong to gay people, and yet you're acting as if I have.

Maybe it's just me, but I find I'm able to distinguish through context whether or not a descriptor that matches me includes me

True, but just to be on the safe side you shouldn't use words that can be misconstrued that way.
Vassenor wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:*Claim to be Christian

That's generally all it takes when you don't get into weird #notruescotsman rules lawyering.

A Christian who doesn't follow Christianity is not a Christian. Christians, if I am incorrect in theology please correct me.
The Emerald Legion wrote:
Highever wrote:Saying someone isnt a true christian by excluding them simply because they are gay? Sure sounds like a no true scotsman fallacy to me.

Then you don't actually know what the No True Scotsman fallacy is.

The No True Scotsman has to do with altering your parameters for a statement after the fact when presented with exceptions to your statement. It does not, and never has, meant that groups can have no requirements to membership.

Seems some people have been using it wrong towards me. Thx for the info :)
Cekoviu wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:There is no way to justify it

Unless you subscribe to a wide range of belief systems that basically exclude only radical Islam and fundamentalist Christianity.

Just adhering to Al-Islam and Christianity and Judaism excludes the permissibility of homosexuality.
Highever wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Unless you subscribe to a wide range of belief systems that basically exclude only radical Islam and fundamentalist Christianity.

This is the guy that thinks nazis were good people and that rape, murder, and extrajudicial killings by the taliban are perfectly fine. Best not to take anything they say remotely seriously.

Not what he/she said but ok
Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:I did not say the Nazis were good people, I said they were moderate for their time. Look at Woodrow Wilson. The Nazis were singled out as horrific because their genocide was conducted against whites. As to the Taliban I say this and leave it at this: they obey the rules of war articulated by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) but America doesn't.

So in otherwords, they are fine people and not genocidal monsters. The fact you think racism and discrimination in any form is akin to systematic and methodical genocide is really pathetic and bot my problem.

And yes we get it. Rape, murder, kidnap, torture, sexual abuse etc. is fine so long as it is your religion doing them. Once again, you are not in any way to be taken seriously or given any sort of credibility. You can continue to peddle your nonsensical vullshit however you please tho.

Again, not what he/she said but ok
Onitsha Empire wrote:
Highever wrote:No offense but, we get it. Humans are terrible and nothing is real.

Reality is real. Rabbits are real. Cats are real.

A moral world on the other hand...there is no evidence that such a thing exists and a lot of evidence that it doesn't.

False
Highever wrote:
Al Mumtahanah wrote:America did in the Philippines. The communists did it with Ukrainians. The Belgians did it with Africans. Westernizing Turks did it with Armenians. Churchill advocated it with Indians.

You continually seem to think this somehow makes these not awful things that occurred or in some way absolves others for their actions. All your arguments are basically just whataboutism. We get it.

You really need to reread Al Mumtahanah's point.
Highever wrote:

If you ignore pretty much every single other thing, even then I can barely understand your logic here. Just because other genocides had occurred around the same time does not change their political alignment. Not even sure how you reached that conclusion.

Good, you understand now.
Highever wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:

Considering he thinks the Taliban are essentially saints and heroes, I shudder to think.

Prove this
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Founded: May 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:01 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Onitsha Empire wrote:Wait until you witness entire ethnic groups getting wiped out overnight by unknown people. You will witness this with your own eyes.

Nazis were among the last unsuccessful genocide perpetrators in the world.

America did in the Philippines. The communists did it with Ukrainians. The Belgians did it with Africans. Westernizing Turks did it with Armenians. Churchill advocated it with Indians.

Filipinos, Ukranians, Congolese, Armenians and Indians still exist. This is precisely why what people did to or planned to do to them are still discussed. Do people discuss the Dzungar Genocide? No. Why? Because there are indeed no Dzungars any more.

After future genocides perpetrators will never be identified and victims will simply die.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a broken world after a disastrous WWIII using nukes, AI and ethnobioweapons in 2058 that wiped out all humans but blacks, a group of determined merchants and their allies decided to stop the collapse of civilization. They established the Enugu League and later the Onitsha Empire. Under the guidance of leaders such as Joseph Ijeawele, Jessica Udene and Victoria Machie they struggled very hard to resist decline at all costs..

This year was 2091. The disastrous Teen Rebellion caused by Jonah Nyagura and Juliet Udene's disastrous education policies entered its eighteenth year. Jessica Udene, now the queen, was desperately negotiating with rebels. A daughter of a prominent business owner, Victoria Machie, just became the new Minister of Defense, succeeding Nyagura ally Emmanuel Nduka...

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Highever wrote:You continually seem to think this somehow makes these not awful things that occurred or in some way absolves others for their actions. All your arguments are basically just whataboutism. We get it.

Pretty much.

I never said it absolved anyone, just that genocide was not something far right at the time but common imperialist policy across the spectrum. That's why I don't consider Nazis to have been far right but moderate or centrist.

I fail to see how the universe has any problem with imperialism..or anything else that some humans have problems with.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a broken world after a disastrous WWIII using nukes, AI and ethnobioweapons in 2058 that wiped out all humans but blacks, a group of determined merchants and their allies decided to stop the collapse of civilization. They established the Enugu League and later the Onitsha Empire. Under the guidance of leaders such as Joseph Ijeawele, Jessica Udene and Victoria Machie they struggled very hard to resist decline at all costs..

This year was 2091. The disastrous Teen Rebellion caused by Jonah Nyagura and Juliet Udene's disastrous education policies entered its eighteenth year. Jessica Udene, now the queen, was desperately negotiating with rebels. A daughter of a prominent business owner, Victoria Machie, just became the new Minister of Defense, succeeding Nyagura ally Emmanuel Nduka...

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:

I fail to see how the universe has any problem with imperialism.

Al Mumtahanah's not talking about the universe. Also this is off topic
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:10 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Onitsha Empire wrote:I fail to see how the universe has any problem with imperialism.

Al Mumtahanah's not talking about the universe. Also this is off topic

Fair enough.

The universe shreds no tears for either the left or the right. Instead it just consistently purges the weak. Humans, animals and robots will never be able to get rid of bloodshed.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:23 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Prove this

Al Mumtahanah wrote:This much I know: the Taliban adheres to the rules of war articulated by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him). The U.S. does not.

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
Heloin wrote:Yes, like extremely so. How do you not get this?

I don't see how it is murderous whereas massive "collateral damage" isn't, could you explain?

Al Mumtahanah wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:What does being white have to do with anything? Also, you used whataboutism which is a logical fallacy.

Being white is the implied basis for credibility.

I didn't use whataboutism, I don't consider the Taliban murdering assholes unless we are talking about the Pakistani Taliban.

Unless I am misinterpreting the above as basically saying they have not done anything wrong and are to not be considered terrorists and a horrendous organization.

Regardless this is not at all on topic....and will probably be the last I speak of this in this thread.
ΦΣK
⚦ Through the souls of your brothers and sisters I take My place amongst the Three; through their pleasure I ascend my Throne. Pleasure, for Pleasure's sake! ⚦
Remember Bloody Sunday
Charlie Chaplin wrote:Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:32 pm

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Unless you subscribe to a wide range of belief systems that basically exclude only radical Islam and fundamentalist Christianity.

Just adhering to Al-Islam and Christianity and Judaism excludes the permissibility of homosexuality.

You're a reactionary Muslim, so my point is really only bolstered by this post.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

Yes and reactionary Muslims have much higher social unity and are much more willing to coerce compared to you. Hence they rule while you guys don't.

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:38 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
El-Amin Caliphate wrote:

Yes and reactionary Muslims have much higher social unity and are much more willing to coerce compared to you. Hence they rule while you guys don't.

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Homosexuality does not inherently cause low social unity. After all bisexual Greeks and Romans once had high social unity fought fiercely. However modern Western homosexuals have low social unity.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:Homosexuality does not inherently cause low social unity. After all bisexual Greeks and Romans once had high social unity fought fiercely. However modern Western homosexuals have low social unity.

So perhaps the problem isnt homosexuality but with our society in general? ;)

Who would have thought.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:You're a reactionary Muslim, so my point is really only bolstered by this post.

You got any sweet and sour for that? Honey mustard? BBQ?

Or you just gonna say that and hope no one questions it?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:Homosexuality does not inherently cause low social unity. After all bisexual Greeks and Romans once had high social unity fought fiercely. However modern Western homosexuals have low social unity.

This is blatantly wrong lol
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Highever
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Highever » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:You're a reactionary Muslim, so my point is really only bolstered by this post.

Source? And what do you mean by "rule"?
Last edited by Highever on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ΦΣK
Remember Bloody Sunday

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Onitsha Empire wrote:Yes and reactionary Muslims have much higher social unity and are much more willing to coerce compared to you. Hence they rule while you guys don't.

They have killed a lot more people compared to Western libs. So it is clear who are better at intimidation and coercion. Since coercion always exists it is already clear who the winners are.

The world belongs to the most successful killers and intimidators. Sad, but true.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Onitsha Empire wrote:Yes and reactionary Muslims have much higher social unity and are much more willing to coerce compared to you. Hence they rule while you guys don't.

No he has actually a point. More than it may seem, but he's right.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Nakena wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

I'll believe that "social unity" spiel is anything more than drivel when I get a source.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Onitsha Empire wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:

They have killed a lot more people compared to Western libs. So it is clear who are better at intimidation and coercion. Since coercion always exists it is already clear who the winners are.

The world belongs to the most successful killers and intimidators. Sad, but true.

That's stupid as all hell. Society would not exist without cooperation and collaberation.

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Onitsha Empire wrote:They have killed a lot more people compared to Western libs. So it is clear who are better at intimidation and coercion. Since coercion always exists it is already clear who the winners are.

That's stupid as all hell. Society would not exist without cooperation and collaberation.

Cooperation in an ingroup for the sake of killing outgroup members more effectively? I get it.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Necroghastia wrote:
Nakena wrote:

I'll believe that "social unity" spiel is anything more than drivel when I get a source.

You can hardly deny that political islam is a stronger force than the LGBT+ right movement.

Onitsha Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Onitsha Empire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Soviets, Nazis and ISIS failed not because they have killed too many people. Instead it was because they were not sufficiently good at killing people compared to their rivals, especially Anglo countries.

The moralist of course gets the cause and effect completely wrong.
Last edited by Onitsha Empire on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General