NATION

PASSWORD

is global warming actually bad for the planet, or just us?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Spoiler Alert: the planet survived the Permian Extinction and it will survive the Anthropocene Extinction. It will take more than a few billion humans to destroy the planet.

Challenge accepted.

I'm rooting for you Ug.
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

Imperium of Dragonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of Dragonia » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 pm

I say let humanity do whatever the fuck it wants with Earth. When things go straight to hell because of their actions, I will laugh when they go "how da fuck did this happen?", knowing full well that all of this was preventable. It's profitable to maim, kill, burn everything so that strip malls can be built where that forest full of endangered squirrels was. The only way for humans to even begin giving a fuck about the environment is if companies who do the polluting are given short-term incentives to "go green" (spoiler alert: companies only care about the money they will make tomorrow, not the money they will make next week). Then just keep repeating the short-term incentives and before you know it, they've gone green. Please note that I'm taking humanity's greed into consideration. If greed weren't a thing, then we would have been using solar energy en masse since the 80's.
Ze mod double standard iz prevalent
Scomagia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Do not call for the killing of people here. I'm sure you meant it as a joke. It wasn't funny.

It was funny, actually.

NSG: Where you can joke as an actual communist about "liquidating" the bourgeoisie but a joke about assassinating a strongman tyrant is somehow a bridge too far. :roll:

Previous

Return to General