NATION

PASSWORD

Government type selection

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Northern Lakepraven
Civilian

Founded: Oct 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Government type selection

Postby Northern Lakepraven » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 am

What if you could choose the government type you have such as Monarchy or Dictatorship

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am

You can, by answering issues that push you in that direction.

If you're asking, "can I customize my nation to look exactly as I wish it would?", the answer is "yes you can. Simply copy the parts you like into a word processor or dispatch file and make whatever changes you like. You can then roleplay your nation as you wish.

If you want to be able to do that in-game, you've picked the wrong game. Sorry, we're not changing the fundamental nature of NationStates.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:09 pm

You can also change your government type under classifications in the settings. This doesn't have any actual effect on policy though.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Return to Technical