NATION

PASSWORD

Akran News Thread [Read Only]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Akrafjall
Attaché

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Akran News Thread [Read Only]

Postby Akrafjall » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:53 am

The Akrafjall Leader
The trusted news source for Akrafjall

Established in 1912, The Leader has been at the forefront of journalism and the associated technology to better report factual and correct news. Our journalists work 24/7 to report the news as it happens, for free online.

This is my news thread, it's read only. If theres any comments or mistakes, TG me. I will consider running news on Akrafjall's neighbours or members of my region (Thaecia).

Code: Select all
[align=center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4w4DW8V.png[/img]

[b][u][size=200]HEADER[/u][/b][/align][/size]

DD/MM/YYYY
Written by AUTHOR

[align=center]IMAGE[/align]

MAIN BODY
Last edited by Akrafjall on Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Akrafjall
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrafjall » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:56 am

Fatal shooting in guard's barracks, soldier detained

23/06/2019
Written by Lars Severn

A guardsman private has been detained by MPs after a fatal shooting in Holheimar's Sølvgade Castle early this morning. Holheimar Police Service were radioed for assistance by Military Police personnel at 05:00 after a trespasser was fired at by a on-duty guard. Police arrived in minutes alongside the city's Emergency Response Team (NRH) and ambulance medics who declared the unnamed male dead at the scene.

A spokesperson from Holheimar Police Service said: "Our control room received a radio message from the local military police on the multi-agency band for urgent assistance for a police-involved shooting, we sent a total of 21 vehicles to the scene, including General Duties, Public Order, NRH and an Incident Commander to the scene. Until facts could be established, we declared a serious incident with the State Police, who sent their Terror Incident Team for the preliminary investigation. We determined this was not a terrorist incident, and handed the scene to the Military Police, as this is in their area of service, we will continue to liaise and assist with them throughout their investigation."

Similarly, a spokesperson from the ambulance service said: "We recieved a call from the police for a shooting, we sent 2 ambulances, a officer, a Emergency Medical Team and had Med-031, the Medevac helicopter from South Medevac Rescue on standby. We placed Holheimar City University Hospital's Trauma Centre on standby for a major incident. Unfortunately our patient was declared dead on scene. We will assist the medical examiner with their enquiries as needed."

This evening, we heard that Military Police KEA detectives had detained the guardsman involved in the shooting, a member of the Army Civillian Relations Battalion responded to our questions saying: " At 04:48 a Guardsman Private from the Royal Life Guards barracks in Sølvgade Castle had spotted and challenged a trespasser while on his posted guarding duties, he challenged the male a total of 3 times. After a third challenge, the guardsman stated the male produced a weapon, at which point the guardsman fired two shots aimed towards non-vital organs, the alarm was raised and MPs restrained the male and administered first aid until the ambulance arrived, unfortunately the male subject was declared dead at the scene, his body was handed over to the Medical Examiner of Holheimar County, and KEA detectives began to investigate the shooting, the involved guardsman was detained for questioning to establish facts. We cannot comment further at this time."

The male victim or the suspect guardsman have yet to be named, which we assume will not happen until after the Medical Examiner's investigation but tonight, the castle gates stay closed and the guards on high alert with all but authorised visits cancelled and all on-leave personnel recalled. Police also occupy the exterior of the barracks, conducting regular ID checks, and suspect it will be like this for the week. The nation is split between who to blame, but we imagine the vote will be cast once the outcome of questioning and a ME report come to light.
Last edited by Akrafjall on Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akrafjall
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrafjall » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm

BREAKING: Kjeldsen won't run in the next election

27/06/2019
Written by Author Author

In a announcement earlier this evening, Prime Minister Johanne Kjeldsen has announced she will not stand in the next election, and will soon resign from her role as Leader of the Labour Party beforehand so as not to delay the process before a general election, next due in 2020.

In her announcement, she said: "I feel like the next general election is a good time to no longer serve as Prime Minister of Akrafjall. It has been a tremendous honour to serve you and I am extremely grateful for serving in the role. I ask that you'll remember the positive changes I've made while in office; like making fellow women's wages more equal to a man's, or further working to protect and prevent further damage to our environment."

When asked why she wanted to leave, Johanne said she felt now was a good time to leave and that she had achieved the goals she set out personally. While several high level party members have hinted that they would run, no one has yet confirmed they would enter the leadership race.

A spokesperson from the Labour Party said: "Johanne has been an excellent Prime Minister and party leader but she felt like her course had run, the Labour Party thanks Mrs Kjeldsen for her committed service to politics. We will begin the process of finding a new party leader in due course."

The Akrafjall Leader will keep you updated on this as news breaks, including if anyone comes forward for the impending leadership race.

Akrafjall
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Akrafjall » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Scorching weekend ahead, how to keep safe

28/06/2019
Written by Shorts Weather

With the weather set to top 32 degrees this weekend, the ambulance service has asked those enjoying the weather to take several steps to keep themselves safe from the risk of heat related illness.

Already, several dozen people have been hospitalised in Holheimar alone for the heat waves currently rolling through Europe. National Ambulance Regional Commander Christina Overgaard said: "We are becoming stretched operationally with heat related illnesses, we ask that people remember to drink plenty, keep in a shaded and well-ventilated area, and check on the elderly and vunerable. If you have urgent medical concerns you can contact your doctor or the out-of-hours doctor service, but should dial 112 if you have a medical emergency."

Private contractors and charities are stepping up to help the ambulance service with the increased demand, by lending ambulances to patient transfer and minor injury calls, leaving them plenty of vehicles for actual medical emergencies.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No further action for civilian shooting

28/06/2019
Written by Shorts Weather II

On the 23rd June, a Guardsman Private was detained for questioning after a civilian was fatally in Holheimar's Sølvgade Castle. The Leader has since learned that he has been released and the K.E.A plans no criminal action towards the guardsman until they have completed their current stage of the investigation. Today the Medical Examiner has also released his summary following a autopsy, he says that one round fired by the guardsman's firearm connected with the victim's jugular vein, a major blood vessel in the neck, resulting in his death after bleeding out. He was named as 43-year-old Frederik Danielsen, who was working as a breakdown mechanic before his death.

Mr Danielsen's family have since come public, saying his untimely passing has 'tore them apart', his sister said: "We all loved Fred so much, so I didn't want to believe he died when the news broke. I still think it's all a big hoax, that he'll knock on my door any minute now, we not long ago lost our father, so I think mum will be hurting much more than I will."

A spokesperson for the ME and a Army spokesperson have said press announcements will follow shortly, and that they cannot give any comments until then.
The Kingdom of Akrafjall

| Tech: MT | Population: 8.78 Million | Tax: 24.4% |

Embassy and Consulates Thread

☺ Have a good'un! ☺

Return to Factbooks and National Information