NATION

PASSWORD

Stargate discussion thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Which Stargate series is your favorite?

Stargate SG-1
64%
Stargate Atlantis
27%
Stargate Universe
No votes
Stargate Origins
No votes
Stargate Infinity
9%

Total votes : 11

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Stargate discussion thread

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:53 pm

If you are a member of the millennial or zoomer generations, you may have grown up watching Stargate on Sy-fy. I remember from around the age of 3 to age 12 I watched Stargate every week on TV, and it was my favorite sci fi television series. I first saw the original Seminole movie of the same name when I was 13 and to this day I own seasons 1 through 5 on DVD and tune in every Wednesday night for Stargate Command's episode re runs on youtube. I wanna know if we have any other stargate fans in this site and if so, what was your favorite stargate series? What were your thoughts on the casting and settings of the show and do you want them to bring back one of the original series or make a new movie?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:10 am

...you know full well we do not talk about Infinity.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekania » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:09 am

Rojava Free State wrote:If you are a member of the millennial or zoomer generations, you may have grown up watching Stargate on Sy-fy. I remember from around the age of 3 to age 12 I watched Stargate every week on TV, and it was my favorite sci fi television series. I first saw the original Seminole movie of the same name when I was 13 and to this day I own seasons 1 through 5 on DVD and tune in every Wednesday night for Stargate Command's episode re runs on youtube. I wanna know if we have any other stargate fans in this site and if so, what was your favorite stargate series? What were your thoughts on the casting and settings of the show and do you want them to bring back one of the original series or make a new movie?

Not a millennial. The movie came out when I was already an adult. It's seminal by the way. Seminole are a Native American people, seminal is that which originated or influences something later.

My favorite series is SG-1, I do like Atlantis as well, but not nearly as much as SG-1. At least pre-Browder, I do not think the Browder period was as good as the earlier. The chemistry between the initial SG-1 cast is what really made it.
Such heroic nonsense!

Auristania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:02 pm

I loathed Stargate movie which aint even on the poll, so I never watched the show UNTIL all the hype for episode #100, so I watched it and it was Glorious. TV Show rejects the Movie.

Jack says O'Neill with 2 Ls there is another Co;onel O' Neil with one L. He has no sense of humour.[/b]

Bestest episode evah is Harmony in SG Atlantis.

Blargoblarg
Minister

Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:34 pm

My favorite Stargate series will always be SG-1.
Claudia De la Cruz 2024 Article about her here
Democrats and Republicans are both right-wing capitalists owned by the rich and the big corporations. Major media in the US is also owned by the rich and big corporations.
Major study finds that America is an oligarchy, not a democracy
"Workers of the world, unite!" -Marx and Engels
You can read The State and Revolution by Lenin for free here
My 8values results My leftvalues results
I am autistic.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 pm

Vassenor wrote:...you know full well we do not talk about Infinity.

Had to put it in there cause we're on a baby hunt and don't think we don't know how to weed em out
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Auristania wrote:I loathed Stargate movie which aint even on the poll, so I never watched the show UNTIL all the hype for episode #100, so I watched it and it was Glorious. TV Show rejects the Movie.

Jack says O'Neill with 2 Ls there is another Co;onel O' Neil with one L. He has no sense of humour.[/b]

Bestest episode evah is Harmony in SG Atlantis.

Bratac: the warriors of haktal are grateful for your generosity
oneill: welp, you know me. Always willing to help those who...need, help...
bratac: you are indeed a wise and gracious leader, oneill of minnesota
oneill: sit down y'old coot

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:08 am

SG-1 would probably rank number one if I didn't have to watch Jack and Sam's love plot develop every 2 or 3 episode.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:27 pm

The Krogan wrote:SG-1 would probably rank number one if I didn't have to watch Jack and Sam's love plot develop every 2 or 3 episode.

One love plot that should have been pursued in my opinion was between colonel John Sheppard and teyla in stargate atlantis. Unfortunately the show was just teasing us with the possibility of a relationship

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Krogan wrote:SG-1 would probably rank number one if I didn't have to watch Jack and Sam's love plot develop every 2 or 3 episode.

One love plot that should have been pursued in my opinion was between colonel John Sheppard and teyla in stargate atlantis. Unfortunately the show was just teasing us with the possibility of a relationship

Honestly i found the romance plots in both SG-1 and Atlantis to be meh from what I remember, though that's just my thought. Heh, I'm pretty sure John thought they were gonna get together from what I remember, then one episode she showed up saying she was pregnant.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:04 pm

The Krogan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Honestly i found the romance plots in both SG-1 and Atlantis to be meh from what I remember, though that's just my thought. Heh, I'm pretty sure John thought they were gonna get together from what I remember, then one episode she showed up saying she was pregnant.

If they had inserted the curb your enthusiasm music in that episode, I guarantee it would have fit so well

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:If you are a member of the millennial or zoomer generations, you may have grown up watching Stargate on Sy-fy.

I guess I'm the only one who grew up watching it on Showtime, no commercials those were the days. Then of course it made the switch to the Sci-fi Channel {what it was called before that rebrand to SyFy}.

Rojava Free State wrote:do you want them to bring back one of the original series or make a new movie?

I wanted them to make that Atlantis movie follow-up instead of that awful Universe series.

Auristania wrote:Bestest episode evah is Harmony in SG Atlantis.

I hope your just kidding, because if not, why?!

The sublime greatness that is the "Tao of Rodney" speaks for itself.

The Krogan wrote:Heh, I'm pretty sure John thought they were gonna get together from what I remember, then one episode she showed up saying she was pregnant.

A real life pregnancy tends to do that...
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction