NATION

PASSWORD

The Rise of a Generation: A Sunalaya RP

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Engleberg
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Rise of a Generation: A Sunalaya RP

Postby Engleberg » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:42 am

The Rise of a Generation: the Spark

Years ago they came to our planet, taking nations by surprise and destroying anything and everything that was before them. The cities that were once the prides of their nations, acting as a beacon which showed their nations' superiority over others, were flattened as if they were a child's playset. Denizens of nations fled for their lives, desperate to escape from the unknown that had broken through our atmosphere. Naturally not many made it to their destinations, either being killed outright or captured by the enemy. Cities that did survive the onslaught were turned into "colonies," which were practically prisons to hold large amounts of people. The largest cities, such as those in Western Ventismar, were turned into "capitals" of the "colonial network" and housed major headquarters for the aliens. In addition, many humans betrayed their own kind and joined the alien cause - a new government called the "Global Authority" which was run by collaborationist humans so that the aliens did not have to micromanage their conquered population. Those who fully disowned their humanity and had certain skillsets received cushy positions within the GA, such as positions in the GA capital of what was formerly Artwingen, and other positions such as that of a "colonial governor" ruling over the various colonies over the planet. Generally those within the GA were known as "Traits," which is short for "traitors," and their security forces - the Global Security Detachment - are known as "Greyshirts" for their grey uniforms.

Some cities are run better than others, but the majority are run as a prison would be expected to. Limited freedoms and all citizens within the cities are at the mercy of the management. People disappear randomly, unmarked black vehicles drive up in public areas and snatch people off of the street. Even so, people continue about their business desperately attempting to stay on the good side of the Colonial Authority.

However, not all that survived threw away their humanity or freedoms in desperate attempts to climb the social ladder or keep their lives the same as before First Contact. Those who were not content with the occupation quickly created various rebel groups throughout the continents, with some being sanctioned by governments in exile - such as the Englean "Humanischer Freikorps" ("Human Free Corps"), which acted as the continuation of the Englean Imperial Armed Forces and accepted members from across Corentia. Similar groups existed within Ventismar, but the destruction of most governments in the continent prevented a solid unified force from being created. Ventismarian rebel groups primarily existed as independent armies that would often share information with others across the continent, however none have been able to infiltrate the capital of the GA. It has been rumoured throughout rebel groups that the capital possesses the "brain" of the alien army - a form of "biological computer." It is said that whomever has control of that has the power to effectively "shut down" the higher decision making of the alien forces and allow a full-scale human counterattack across the globe.

We will be that first group. We are the Ocelots, a group with no primary HQ that ventures through Ventismar doing our best to raise as much hell as possible. So far we've amassed a good amount of international rebels, coming from nearly every continent and former nation. While we aren't too unique of a unit, we are the only ones willing and able to bring this planet back into its rightful owners.

I present to you [i]The Rise of a Generation
, successor to the "failed" End of a Generation. This RP is designed to be different in that characters will be more tightly connected, as they all will be members of one rebel group known as the "Ocelots" - removing the sense of separation that existed in the last one. Feel free to have three characters if you wish. If you would like to RP a double-agent, please message me on Discord or on here.

As this is an RP, there will be no OOC here. Leave that to the RMB or Discord. Other than that, you know the rules. I will be updating this first post throughout the weeks, as well as posting any relevant information.

Useful Links:

Sunalaya
FT Canon Rules & Reference

"Rule: You can’t build nukes and girlfriends out of thin air."
Last edited by Engleberg on Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Umbrellya wrote:"You are literally the most unashamed German I've ever met."

Wiena wrote:"Engleberg you surely are the most savage guy in the whole game."

West Leas Oros 2 wrote:Anything Left of Center: *exists*
Engle: FUCKING REDS!

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Major Niklas Tanneberger
Global Security Detachment, Corentian Intelligence Department

Walking into the capital building in Seestadt, Niklas knew that there was something very important happening if the Governor General of Corentia specifically requested him to come in today. Normally the Governor General only works with the higher-ups in the CID rather than bothering with the lower officers of the department. Given his position as the Chief Agent of the Anti-Insurrectional Taskforce, he knew that it had something to do with one of the many rebel groups that exist throughout the world. Maybe it was the new Damsmarian group based out of Montedoran? Maybe it's about the recent attempted attack on a GSA compound outside of Strelitz, where 30 Global Security Officers were killed by rebels? As the request to meet with the Governor General was left vague, Niklas could not assume what the meeting could be about today. All he did know was that the driver had nearly made him late, and he needed to hurry if he was going to get to the 30th floor in time.

Walking through the center lobby of the building, he passed people in their black GSA uniforms also hurrying to their assignments. The uniforms resembled the old Englean designs, which gave off a menacing look to them - suiting to intimidate rebels and disorderly citizens. He himself was in the same uniform, however he was also sporting his various GSA medals on his chest that he had received within his 8 years of service. He had been proud of his job, which entailed infiltrating rebel groups and also hunting HVT rebels throughout Corentia and the world. Recently he had been successful in discovering a small hideout belonging to the CID's worst enemy on the Continent - the Humanischer Freikorps run by the old Imperials under an aged emperor.

The elevator hallway was lined with the flags of the GSA, a solid red banner with an eagle in the centre. Pressing the button for the elevator, Niklas stood back as the machine took its time making its way down the shaft. He took a moment to look over, and was surprised to see GSA General Woldemar Rohmer walking towards him with his entourage of 8 bodyguards. "What in the hell could he possibly be doing here?" he thought to himself. Something of the utmost importance could only warrant the presence of someone of such rank. As the general approached, Niklas instinctively saluted the man. "Major Tanneberger, I presume?" Stated the general, whom only looked to be near the age of 40. His uniform was similar to that of Niklas', but bearing medals from the Old World and sporting a black overcoat. Niklas responded to confirm the question, and the general simply nodded and turned towards the same elevator. The doors opened, and each man entered the steel box.

Having 8 people in one elevator was very awkward, especially with no noise being made except from the speakers of the elevator playing old world elevator music. When the doors did open on the top floor of the building, Niklas was greeted by a massive room with luxurious furnishes fit for a palace. From gold plated statues to mahogany furnature, the office - if you could call it that - was like stepping into an Old World monarch's private residence. Along the floor was a red carpet leading down the centre of the room towards a large desk at the end of the office, which itself had the GSA emblem proudly displayed on the front.

Behind the desk a large chair spun around, similar to the style in which villains in television shows present themselves. In the chair sat Governor General Wolfgang Denzinger, head of the overall Corentian Colonial System. "Gentlemen, I am pleased to see that you have made it here safely. Now, I will not take up too much of your schedule - for Major Tanneberger has a busy schedule ahead of him." He then gestured to General Rohmer, who gave Niklas a large briefcase. Opening the briefcase, Niklas found a large set of papers along with an identification card, a common rebel weapon, and a rebel uniform.

"Now Major, General Rohmer has just handed to you your new assignment. Our gracious hosts have identified a new rebel group within Ventismar that has gained their particular attention, as it is believed that they will be attempting an assault on a very important target somewhere in Western Ventismar. Currently it is unknown what the target is, but that is where you come in. You will be infiltrating the group as Albert Klugmann, a "lone wolf" from the Kiezan colonial system. A contact in Western Ventismar has stated that there will be a meeting within a small village in the Rezuan colonial area, which you will be attending tomorrow. You will join this group, and keep in contact with GSA members in Ventismar. If you have no further questions, you are dismissed."

Having all the info he needed, Niklas saluted both the Governor General and General Rohmer and proceeded towards the elevator once more. It turns out that the meeting was indeed important. An attack on Western Ventismar would be not only problematic for the aliens, but also for humans who would see the vengeance of those aliens for the attack. As he was not permitted any personal belongings on the trip, he headed straight for the airport and further on towards ventismar.

Rezua, the Next Night

It was a dark and foggy night with not even the moon providing light over the village. The only signs of modernity were the lights originating from small buildings within the village. Niklas - now Albert - walked down the lonely centre road of the village, on the lookout for the "Mightnight Tavern" where the rebel group was supposed to be meeting. "Seems fitting for the rebs to choose a shithole such as this." muttered Niklas, preferring the modern cities in the Corentian colonies. Keeping a vigilant eye on possible shadows, Niklas made his way through the village. it was eerily quiet with not a single sound being made other than that of crickets and his own footsteps. After minutes of walking the tavern's old wooden sign came into sight, creaking and moving in the light breeze. Even the tavern was nearly empty, with only a small amount of people drinking together at the bar. "Must be early," he thought. With this, he chose to sit down at a table near the rear of the bar in order to keep a good eye on those who enter through the door. He liked to get a good amount of time to look at a person before making contact, since he has learned through the job that it is vital to get this preliminary information during a mission. He motioned to the bartender for a drink, which was delivered in a surprisingly fast timing. "Good to see the Rezuans are good for something" he joked to himself, sitting back in his char. As he finished nearly half of the drink, an individual stepped through the door. "Well let's see what we have here..."

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Fortress Illithid
Somewhere in the Bohi Desert

General Edith Veeda gazed at a small map of their underground fortress. Or rather, fortress network. It had taken them years, had been very dangerous, but the Rezuans had managed to cut tunnels to their other bunkers. The Rezuan population was once three hundred thousand strong. A large chunk of the Rezuan army. Now, as far as Edith knew, it was the largest growing population of free Rezuans, pushing to be a bit under two million. The last near decade had not been kind on them. The first few months had been fighting, but it soon became evident that it was hopeless. Tanks were ripped asunder. Planes were swatted from the sky. Civilians were massacred in thousands. And Edith's soldiers were crushed with the same annoyance that one gives a mosquito. Fifty thousand Rezuan men and women died like mosquitoes.

The next problem became hiding. The aliens had no time to prep for all the Rezuan camps and bases in the Bohin, being too busy attacking permanent military installations and cities. So the Rezuans dug. Grabbing Bohi and Molesti alike, the Rezuans dug tunnels to connect old bunkers, new bunkers, and just about any shelters they knew about. It was a fight of a different kind. To hide, to find shelter in the desert. Soon they had to expand into the hills, to oasis, to any place that could sustain life.

The aliens caught on. Eventually. They hit hard, wiping out many "villages". People died in droves, so much so that Edith had barred women from the frontlines. To keep the Rezuan people from going extinct. It was sick. It was wrong. But it was necessary. Hundreds of men died fighting meaningless battles to distract the aliens from other settlements, to keep them away from digging sites. All in all, half of the Rezuan Army deployed to the Bohin was dead before the year was out. Famine came after that, choking the people even more. But they endured. They prevailed.

Edith smiled wanly as she looked at the areas that she called "the Rezuan Network". Each was named for a creature of Rezuan folklore, of underground creatures. For, those creatures were ruthless and pushed for one thing: to conquer the surface. To reclaim the sun. And Edith swore to do that. No matter how many wrinkles she got. No matter the grey hairs, the aches, the coughs. She would live and die for that mission.

The door to her room opened and Edith looked up at the young man she'd summoned. Prince Garen. Edith smiled again, no, he wasn't prince anymore. Emperor Garen awkwardly approached the general and seated himself across from her and nodded his head in a bow. The general sighed with a slight chuckle, "You know, you are the emperor. I should bow first." The young man waved his hand flippantly and shook his hand, "Nonsense, without you, I'd be dead as would everyone else here. You are the leader. The real leader. I can only act as a motivator, a leader of force and character. But you get things done."

"You sell yourself short. Tell me, who was it who helped end the famine by getting local assistance?"

"That was merely-"

"And who got us a contact in Kurzera?"

"My ex was going to hunt me down anyway."

Edith felt a strange sense of pride in the young emperor's humble and sincere character. He liked to sell himself short, but he had been a uniting force when the enemy was at the door. An Everen to guide them through darkness. Edith moved some papers and displayed them before the emperor.

"Before we begin, may I ask how Empress Callie is? The twins and your youngest son?"

The emperor leaned back and sighed, not unhappily, "My wife has recovered from her sickness, thank God. The kids are the same. You know how eight and five year olds are." The emperor nodded at Edith's wedding band "Any news." The old general shrugged "No news. But they say no news is good news. And my husband was always a bastard to kill. But enough about us. We have an important matter to look at."

"May I direct your eyes to this piece of intel we've gotten. We got word form your old bodyguard, Beric. The Winged Blades, the mainland resistance government and army...has been destroyed. Crushed beyond salvation. They tried to influence the laws in Rezua. To restore our culture and morality slowly. One of their agents turned and know they've paid dearly. Several factions are springing up, but Beric's troop might have the upper hand. He intends to wait, marshal strength. But he has requested that we send someone to meet with the Ocelots. He's promised protection and weaponry to the Ocelots within Rezua's borders.Or the parts he has secret control of anyway. They're to meet in a small village in southern Rezua. They have plans to eliminate a high asset target. All I need is your permission to authorize it."

The emperor took up a pen and sighed his signature on one of the pieces if intel.With a flourish, he tossed it down gently beside the paper. "Edith", and his voice was filled with a sudden reality, "you always have my permission to strike back. They killed millions of our people, hundreds of millions of human beings across our world, and they eradicated my family. We will expel them. And I put all my trust, the survival of all of us in the Network, into your capable hands. Damn peace, victory is the only way."

Mench,
Southern Rezua

The path to the meeting place would be far more bizarre than Aderin would be expecting. One of the stops along the way, the town of Mench, would prove to be a ground for a massacre. And it had all happened in the blink of an eye.

The Rezuan man took a seat at the bar and ordered a stout. He'd downed it before the bartender got the chance to ask his name. Aderin waved the name away with a request for a second drink. He sighed heavily and took a look around the small bar, if it could be called that. The place was run down, a factory from the old world sundered so that only this room stood. It's walls were brick, it's ceiling was brick. There were some drab maroon carpets and hideous yellow curtains. The counter parrell to the bar was an improv pole dancing counter. The dancers moved without the any passion and were just as common and drab as their surroundings.The neon decor did little to draw attention away from it's bareness. Rather, it's brightness was so intense that the eyes craved staring into that bareness just for some rest. That bareness, however, would soon become preferable.

As Aderin was nursing his second drink, one of the dancers walked to his side. Ah shit he thought. She was short but nicely proportioned in the right places. Her shoulder length hair shine in the neon lights, it’s red color taking on a metallic look. The girl smiled at him and licked her lips “Hey handsome. Whatcha doing here? On some business outing?” The girl didn’t wait a beat to slip her arms around him, reaching down low to make a passing grab at him. Aderin kept his cool, even as she squeezed him a bit too rough for his tastes. He donned a fake smile and turned to her “Ah sorry love I don’t got any cash for girls tonight. Perhaps tomorrow? I’ll be back.” He lied, knowing he would not be back. The redhead flashed her eyelashes and slapped her lips together. “But you won’t remember me tomorrow. No you won’t remember my ruby lips, my red hair, my sapphire eyes. Go get some cash quickly. You’ll want to make sure you have a reason to remember me.” She gave him another squeeze.

Not one to normally turn down such provocative actions Aderin did not feel in the mood to be dealing with a stripper. He was tired and craving a drink and sleep. And a woman did not ever bring him sleep. Quite the opposite. With an agile twist, Aderin freed himself from the vice grip of the redhead.

“Look miss-”

“Scarlet. Call me Scarlet.” She made a swipe for his groin again.

Of course her name is Scarlet Aderin thought. “Look Scarlet, I’ve got to be up early tomorrow. Important business. So I’ll give you some petty cash for the regular, to remember you, and will pick up my money after my business tomorrow.” He twisted one of her red ringlets between his fingers.

The girl’s face lit up, she bit her lip to surpress her triumphant smirk at the thought of getting one over on him. She leaned in and kissed him, making a grab at his rear this time. With some agile thinking he dodged and made it look accidental. Aderin handed her a small bill and watched as she sprang up, practically nude to start her pole dancing routine. Aderin groaned softly, annoyed that she’d pestered him into a corner and now made it impossible to simply enjoy his beer before bed. Just as she was starting to get into it, there was a loud crash outside

Aderin sprung up, rushing towards the door. He looked outside and gasped at what he saw. A group of people wearing blue bandannas had created a blockade in the street and were chatting “Winged Blades” and “Freedom”. They must have been on the run, since they were bleeding and tired. They had given up and were looking to go down with a fight. Their wish was granted. Local security opened fire on them, wasting no time to ask for surrender. The Winged Blades returned fire with guns, but mostly rocks, slings, and improv explosives. The security force’s magnetic railguns ripped into the defenders.

Behind him, Aderin heard Scarlet scream as a window shattered as a stray round went through. He spun on his heels, expecting to see her hit but was strangely relieved to find she’d only fainted from shock. Aderin then grabbed a pool stick from a nearby table and rushed outside. There were five remaining Winged Blades and about ten security forces. Aderin got the drop on them, surprising the first man by whacking him in the head with it. A second man got the stick behind his knee, which broke it. A third man got the broken pool stick rammed into his eye. Aderin had won the attention of the others who turned to fire at him. Aderin pulled the man he stabbed in front of himself, grabbed his rifle and fired back. Four rounds hit the corpse’s chest armor, stopping them. One ripped into the corpse’s shoulder, the armor weakened. Aderin was lucky it didn’t penetrate the back of the shoulder. He managed to hit two men in the face, then dove behind the man who’s knee he shattered. “For the Everens!” A man behind the barricade shouted, tossing a bottle that shattered on a security agent and lit him on fire. The man who threw it was dead as six rounds turned his head into pulp. Meanwhile, Aderin cracked the neck of the man with the wounded knee, grabbed his gun and downed two more men with another burst of fire. The Winged Blades finished the last ones off. Or rather, the last one. Only a woman remained behind the barricade.

“That was amazing!” She said loudly.

Aderin growled as he approached her. “Amazing? What kind of stupid ass idea is it to give up your lives for no reason? Screaming about the Winged Blades and freedom? We’re not gunna win if we just get tired and die.”

“Oh? Oh! And who the hell are you to judge? We were too far gone to be able to slip away. Fighting was all that was left, all we could do to not die like pussies in their custody or prisons.”

Aderin snarled “No. You could have split up and run! And all for what? Now you’re dead. All the Winged Blades. For Rezua? For the Everens? They can’t help us fix this if we’re all dead, with no structure for them to build up.”

The woman crossed her arms “And what would you have done if your communities were suddenly part of a pogrom? They came after us! Found all our names.”

Aedrin was only half listening as he quickly tossed weapons into a fire, hiding evidence. He picked his way through the fight carefully as the woman waited for an answer.

“Got a name? And are you terribly busy trying to get killed?”

“Tressa. Why? And you got into this fight too smart-ass.”

Aedrin stood up and began to lead her away, disappearing into the shadows as backup arrived. He smiled at her “Well, as it turns out, I’ve suddenly got need of a local contact to help me with something. And we could very well die just as stupidly.”

Halhen,
Southern Rezua

The town of Halhen was not known for anything other than liquor. As Aderin and his new ally Tressa walked into its main bar, he couldn’t help but make sure that Scarlet wasn’t there. He breathed a sigh of relief, earning a questioning look from Tressa. He waved his hand, telling her he’d tell her later. Right now, he had to get in touch with the Ocelots.

“So the Rezuans are good from something.” A man joked by the bar. Aderin heard this and sat beside him. He checked the time and knew that the Ocelots should be arriving soon. If not already. Taking a breath he ordered a vodka, sipped it, and said “Man, I only like vodka. It needs something with more flavor though.” It was his coded phrase to let the Ocelots know who he was.
Last edited by Rezua on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Engleberg
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Engleberg » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am

Major Niklas Tannenberger, AKA "Albert Klugmann"
Halhen, Southern Rezua

Niklas must have been gazing for too long, as the newcomer took an interest and walked over to his table. "Ach fick mich" he thought to himself, not expecting the individual to be trying to join the Ocelots as well. The man sat at the other side of the table, with each man instinctively trying to read each other through the usage of antisocial gazes. This continued for a few moments until the newcomer took a breath and ordered himself a drink. Niklas kept his eyes on the man, suspicious of his presence - was he an Ocelot agent that knew of his mission? Was he GSA?

By the end of his thought process the bartender had arrived with the ordered drink, clear as water - vodka. At that moment he knew that the other man wasn't GSA, he was a rebel. This became the case in 2103, when the potato had been brought back from extinction after 2100. Because of its ease of cultivating it became a hit with poorer colonies, and especially with the rebel groups of the world when "higher class" drinks became known as "Trait drinks." Of course this didn't stop anyone from consuming them, it just created a stereotype - one that particularly works for identifying unwitting rebels. This was only supported with the man's following statement, "Man, I only like vodka. It needs something with more flavor though.” It was the statement that documents inside the briefcase given to him in Corentia had identified as an "Ocelot codephrase."

He leaned in and replied, "Something with a little more kick? I'm with ya." This got the other man's attention, and soon both knew what they were there for. "I heard the party begins in another 30 minutes, so until then how about you tell me who you are?" He paused, before stating afterwards "Name's Albert Klugmann."

Return to International Incidents