NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Tank(er) Man and the Tank(er)s

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hfhbsd
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Tank(er) Man and the Tank(er)s

Postby Hfhbsd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:19 pm

[title]Tank(er) Man and the Tank(er)s

[desc]After the @@ANIMAL@@ City port was recently upgraded to support oil tankers, the dozens of tankers carrying oil from Althaniq have brought prosperity to @@NAME@@. However, there is now a problem: A mysterious figure, known as Tanker Man, blocking the shipping channel, in a tiny boat. Standing on a dock, you see a long line of tankers, stopped in the middle of the harbor.

[validity]Valid for nations with a bad environment. Perhaps this issue should only be available on June 4th?

[option]”For our safety, and that idiot's, we need to arrest him immediately!”, says oil tanker captain, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “Yesterday, I nearly ran him and his puny little raft over! Thank goodness I saw him just in the nick of time! He is a public menace, and must be stopped!”
[effect]Suicide bombers are locked up “for their own safety”

[option]A well-dressed ambassador steps in front of @@HIM@@. “If you let Tanker Man continue, imgane the harm it would to to our econom- I mean, your economy. Just look at the massive amounts of oil your @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ needs to run! If you don't get oil from us, we all starve! Have him extradited to Althaniq right this instant!”
[effect]All the judicial branch does is get criminals sent overseas

[option]”A person suddenly climbs onto the dock from the water, soaking wet. “The tankers carry polluting oil to @@NAME@@! Just think about the poor @@ANIMAL@@s, having to swim through oil slicks and plastic!” He pulls a piece of trash out of his hair. “And the money gained from this stuffs the pockets of Althaniqian nobles, and @@NAME@@ factory owners!” Taking a glance at the line of oil tankers in the harbor, he jumps back into the water. “Gotta go! I need to keep blocking those tankers!”
[effect]People light oil wells on fire to help “save the environment”

[option]”Stop that man!” yells a security guard. As he comes to a stop, he says “So called “Tanker Man” is a terrorist, who must be killed! Oh, wait, you're @@LEADER@@! Don't you have battleships and helicopters? With those, you can blow him out of the water this instant, and all of our problems can be solved!”
[effect]Whole battalions are dispatched to capture petty pickpockets

In honor of the 1989 Tiananmen Square Protests, and Tank Man.
Half of this nation is one big joke, and the other half resembles my beliefs. I'm not telling you which is which.
Sig in progress; please wait

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 pm

How does a single boat shut down a whole harbour?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Communist Zombie Horde
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Zombie Horde » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:How does a single boat shut down a whole harbour?

Tank men is crazy enough to do that.
NS Parliament: Arnold Delbert; National People's Party

This nation is not entirely representative of my views. I've had some fun with the stats and I want to keep them that way.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Is this really an issue for the leader of the nation and not the harbormaster?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Like the premise, but the options are just "1. Get rid of him. 2. Get rid of him. 3. Save the environment. 4. Get rid of him." See the problem here?
Last edited by Krogon on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Communist Zombie Horde wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:How does a single boat shut down a whole harbour?

Tank men is crazy enough to do that.

My question was how, as in, what is his methodology, not why, as is in what is his intent
Next question, why can't they just go to a different @@DENONYM@@ port?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:58 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Is this really an issue for the leader of the nation and not the harbormaster?

Harbourmaster has no police force, harbourmaster has no military, and in some countries, harbourmaster has no guns. How, then, do you propose that harbourmaster gets rid of him**

**And even if harbourmaster did have guns, it doesn't give him the legal right to shoot

If you wanted in a non-violent manner, you need a police force of some sort. Politely asking the bloke to leave isn't exactly going to do anything. And if non-violence isn't an issue, then you definately need some kind of weapon

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:02 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
The Sherpa Empire wrote:Is this really an issue for the leader of the nation and not the harbormaster?

Harbourmaster has no police force, harbourmaster has no military, and in some countries, harbourmaster has no guns. How, then, do you propose that harbourmaster gets rid of him**

**And even if harbourmaster did have guns, it doesn't give him the legal right to shoot

If you wanted in a non-violent manner, you need a police force of some sort. Politely asking the bloke to leave isn't exactly going to do anything. And if non-violence isn't an issue, then you definately need some kind of weapon

That doesn't escalate it to a national level.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:04 am

I'm not convinced that this is an issue that a national leader would respond to.

It's not believable that one man in a small boat would shut down the whole shipping channel, and I don't think it works (why extradite him -- there's no indication he's not a citizen; and why couldn't any arrest be handled locally, without @@LEADER@@'s involvement?).
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?