NATION

PASSWORD

Hong Kong extradition bill suspended for now

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Kuominwave
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Hong Kong extradition bill suspended for now

Postby Kuominwave » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hong-kong- ... tion-bill/

The bill is suspended for now, but many protesters now want it to be scrapped altogether, and are even calling for Carrie Lam’s resignation from office. I wonder if the increasing demands will lead to the mainland Chinese government taking more drastic measures. Discuss *grabs popcorn*
OOC: This nation does not represent my political views, I don't know how to politic.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The South Falls » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:13 pm

The mainland government will push again, this time with either incentives or force.

Even if Lam resigns, a representative of the affluent mainland-china supporters will be elected once more.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

NERVUN
Game Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Right-wing Utopia

Postby NERVUN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:54 pm

We've got a Hong Kong thread that is active...
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Return to General