NATION

PASSWORD

Amuaplye in Chaos (MT, OOC and IC, No Signup Needed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Amuaplye in Chaos (MT, OOC and IC, No Signup Needed)

Postby Amuaplye » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm

Amuaplye in Chaos

Part I - The Bomber (December 18, 2018 to February 11, 2019)

December 18, 2018.

17 Suffolk Street.

Fremantle, Amuaplye.

Frankie Bradley, a cross-country skiier and Olympic gold medalist, left his house. He checked his doorstep, and noticed that he had been given a newspaper. The Observer, to be exact. He noticed something underneath it, and went over to the other side of the newspaper, and lightly tried to over turn the paper. He then saw something.

A wire coming out of the newspaper. He ran inside to dial the police. But when he ran, he flipped the newspaper over, detonating the bomb underneath. There was also a couple of wood splinters inside of it, which caused him to suffer serious cuts and burns to his left leg. This caused him to trip and fall on the concrete steps of his house, causing him to break his front teeth and bust his lip open.

A neighbor, Lucia Rios heard the commotion, and ran over to his house. When she saw him, she ran inside and called the police. She told them that she heard an explosion at her neighbor's house, and that he is wounded. Police arrived within minutes, and he was loaded up into the ambulance.

Whilst the cuts and burns were severe, they weren't bad enough to warrant amputation, and he was going to be able to compete in the next Olympics, which were probably going to be in a year's time or so. The police, and the Amuaplyean public wondered: Is this going to happen again, or is this just a one-time incident?

December 19, 2019

Medalist Frankie Bradley Target of Assassination Attempt: Police Think Attack is an Isolated Incident

Frankie Bradley, Medalist for the 30km Skiathlon in the 13th Winter Olympics in Prescott, Electrum.

Olympic Medalist Frankie Bradley was wounded in an apparent assassination attempt yesterday. At approximately 2:00 PM Perth Time, in his house in Fremantle, he was severely wounded when a booby trapped copy of our newspaper was left on his doorstep by an unknown assailant.

According to Fremantle Hospital, Bradley was checked in at 2:07 PM with severe cuts and burns on his left leg, a bloody lip, and 2 broken teeth. The injuries to his face were apparently caused by tripping over the bomb, detonating it, and falling face-first into the concrete steps on his house.

He is expected to discharge in a couple weeks time, and will possibly have to meet with Dr. Richard Grant, Chief Physician at the Amuaplye National Olympic Committee, at the Government Complex (GovCom) in Sydney to see if he is eligible to compete in the 14th Winter Olympics once he recovers from the hospital. Although, it is expected that he will make a full recovery.

Rules:

1. All NS Rules apply.
2. No Godmodding.
3. No declaring war. This is more diplomacy oriented.
4. Part I, is more "international reactions", and is not meant for there to be any involvement yet. You still can, though. You must TG me, though.
5. Violation of these rules will be done on a case by case basis.
6. Co-OPs will be made later.
7. No signups needed. Just post.
8. Minimum of a paragraph for RP posts.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:08 pm

I should point out that yes, you can apply, but it'll have to be simple, like: "I wish to join" or something like that. As Part 2 rolls around, there might be applications, but I'm still debating that.

Also, bump. Hoping that more people see this. It would make a pretty good storyline if more people responded.
I'm a dude.

Greater Caradasta
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Caradasta » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:35 pm

may I possibly join as the nation that ordered his assassination

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Greater Caradasta wrote:may I possibly join as the nation that ordered his assassination

I'm currently RPing that he is a lone-wolf terrorist, but you can come in later on in the RP, OK?
I'm a dude.

Raltirian Denethier
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raltirian Denethier » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:50 am

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Raltirian Denethier on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation Information
I hail from the great continent of Aels, known to much of the world as Atlantis.

Began RPing on Facebook Nations forums in September of 2008, joined with the Aels group (for nations without real world locations) in the next few months as one of the first three members, and have been playing loyally ever since. Since Facebook Nations is in deep decline and is very nearly dead, we make our home here.

Greater Caradasta
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Caradasta » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Greater Caradasta wrote:may I possibly join as the nation that ordered his assassination

I'm currently RPing that he is a lone-wolf terrorist, but you can come in later on in the RP, OK?

sounds good

Raltirian Denethier
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raltirian Denethier » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 pm

OOC: Can we get some information that ties this assassination in to events in a larger political context? How much is known about why this athlete would have been targeted? Who might have targeted him?

And barring that, what do we know about this athlete's affiliations? What does he represent that would make him a valuable target?

In broader terms, what do we know about Amuaplye that would hint at why someone would want to disrupt its participation in the Olympics this way?
Nation Information
I hail from the great continent of Aels, known to much of the world as Atlantis.

Began RPing on Facebook Nations forums in September of 2008, joined with the Aels group (for nations without real world locations) in the next few months as one of the first three members, and have been playing loyally ever since. Since Facebook Nations is in deep decline and is very nearly dead, we make our home here.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Raltirian Denethier wrote:OOC: Can we get some information that ties this assassination in to events in a larger political context? How much is known about why this athlete would have been targeted? Who might have targeted him?

And barring that, what do we know about this athlete's affiliations? What does he represent that would make him a valuable target?

In broader terms, what do we know about Amuaplye that would hint at why someone would want to disrupt its participation in the Olympics this way?

(OOC)

1. It's the first of a bombing spree done by a vengeful athlete who was on the Olympic team as well.

2. He's an athlete and activist. He was targeted for being Amuaplye's first Olympic gold medalist.

3. Amuaplye was relatively peaceful before this point. The bomber was taking advantage of relaxed national security measures.
I'm a dude.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents