NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 74 | Angradka, Polkopia [IC THREAD]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Missus X
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Missus X » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:41 pm

TÖDLICHEBUJOKI VOTES

Tütti Rautio, singer & actress

Good evening Angradka, we're calling from Kaltenkasai for a change of pace! Gotta say, it's been great seeing all these songs being performed tonight, brings back so many memories! Anyway, y'all are waiting for our votes so, here we go!

Our 8 points go to... NORMANDY AND PICARDY!
Next, our 10 points go to... BRITONISEA!
And of course, we have our top 12 points, and they go to.. KISHRAEL!!

Good luck and good night!
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Lagoa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lagoa » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:24 pm

LAGOAN VOTES

Córado Ecverdar, fitness personality and model

Boa noite Angradka, it is Estegoa calling! Thank you for the very warm welcome into Worldvision, what a show and a community! Here are Lagoa's votes for tonight:

So our 8 points go to, KALOSIA!
Then our 10 points go to, TOGONISTAN!
And finally, our 12 points go to, ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN!!!

Obrigado!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:20 am

Mateja Molnar, Izmeduan singer

"Dobra vecer Polkopia! Good evening Angradka, this is Vodiznad calling. It has been a wonderful show and it's good to be back in Polkopia again. Now, it's time to take us one step closer to finding out our winner. Here are the points from Izmedu."

1 point: Achaean Republic
2 points: Antahbrantahstan
3 points: Titaniumland
4 points: Polkopia
5 points: Britonisea
6 points: Talvezout
7 points: Todlichebujoku

"And now, our top 3."

KISHRAEL

NORMANDY AND PICARDY

SCOTATROVA
LA DEMOKRATSKA REPUBLIKA IZMEDU
"Drante ufanje, mi smo vim."

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ethane » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:39 am

Good evening from Ethane. Don't cry too much at our votes.

Todlichebujoku - 1 point
Kishrael - 2 points
Estogium - 3 points
Antahbrantahstan - 4 points
North Arenia - 5 points
Besen - 6 points
Normandy and Picardy - 7 points

Now for our top three!

With 8 points, IZMEDU
Now we're giving a very special 10 points to POLKOPIA

Sorry guys, we love you all and this was a hard choice. Have a good cry if you need.

AND OUR TWELVE POINTS GO TO... DARKMANIA!!!
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Antenovaria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 11, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antenovaria » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:55 am

One point goes to . Todlichebujoku
Two points to Britonisea!
Three points for Polkopia
Four points for Achean Republic!
Five points to Axuva
Six points to Estogium!
Seven points for Lagoa!
Eight points to Kishrael

Ten points to....
Antahbrantahstan

And finally... Twelve points to.....
Talvezout

Thank you Worldvision!
Last edited by Antenovaria on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:00 pm

The scoreboard had been constantly changing throughout the night and viewers were able to see how nations' points were being distributed among participating nations. While Antenovaria's points were being distributed, the scoreboard soon faded to black. Most of the audience members had an idea of what the final scoreboard looked like, but the official result had yet to be announced. When the scoreboard faded to black, the spotlight was on the two hosts and the background music had ceased. Everybody was waiting for the final results to be announced...

Rikon: "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for being with us tonight in Angradka, we hope you've had a great time tonight."

Martina: "Yes, Rikon, I certainly did. But we have a few matters to discuss before we're able to properly end the night. We've yet to announce the results! Everyone, are you ready?!"

The crowd burst in a round of applause and the two hosts looked at each other and chuckled as they heard the impatient crowd cheer.

Rikon: "Alright, so we're going to release the right half of the scoreboard and them go from there. Without further ado, here are the nations that placed 33rd through 17th..."

Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Murmurs among the crowd signified some discontent among some of the fans who watched as their favorite entries were in the bottom half of the scoreboard. The occasional cheer was heard but the crowd, for the most part, was focused on the results that had yet to be announced...

Rikon: "Okay there's the bottom half of the scoreboard."

Martina: "Right, Rikon. Well we have to move on though. The next group to be announced are those who were just shy of reaching the top ten."

Rikon: "Without further ado, here are the nations that placed 16th through 11th..."

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:26 pm

Rikon: "And here's where it gets exciting! We will be releasing those who placed in the top ten individually!"

Martina: "Coming in at number ten with eighty points..."

Lagoa

Rikon: "And at number nine with eighty-one points..."

Izmedu

Martina: "At number eight, also with eighty-one points..."

Scotatrova

Rikon: "Coming in at number seven with eighty-nine points..."

Normandy and Picardy

Martina: "The nation who placed sixth with ninety-four points is..."

Titaniumland

Rikon: "... And we enter the top five! All the nations except Britonisea, Polkopia, Darkmania, Kishrael, and Talvezout have been announced, meaning that in jus a few moments, one of these nations will be crowned the winner of the 74th Worldvision Song Contest! Ladies and gentlemen, let us proceed with the votes..."

Martina: "In fifth place, with ninety-five points is... "

Talvezout

Rikon: "And in fourth place... with a total of one hundred and two points is... "

Polkopia

The camera panned in on the representatives from the final three nations and showed them on a trisected screen. All of the artists were sitting in the greenroom, incredibly anxious for the results to be announced. Some prayed, others held each other close, and others held their hands over their faces. Either way, it was an incredibly tense moment for them.

Martina: "...Okay everybody, we only have three nations left. In third place, with one hundred and eleven points is..."

Kishrael

The camera showed the faces of Cinderella Ra'ah, the group that was sent in to represent Kishrael and they clapped respectfully. Of course they would have wanted to repeat their earlier Worldvision success, but 3rd place was still a respectable place.

Now the camera showed the Britonish and Darkmanian delegations, all waiting for the announcement of the winner.

Rikon: "Ladies and gentlemen... it's been a crazy night. We have our top two countries right here, but only one can win! With one hundred and thirteen points and coming in second place is..."

Britonisea

The crowd erupted in a round of applause as the winner was clear.

Rikon and Martina: "Ladies and gentlemen our winner for the night and the 74th Worldvision Song Contest is..."

Darkmania
Last edited by Polkopia on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Erÿk and the darkmanian delegation enters the stage as the winner. Finally, after many attempts, Darkmania can finally bring home the glass trophy home. On the stage, we see last years winner, Alyxhia Willis, holding a glass trophy. Alyxhia hands over the trophy to Erÿk. As he grabs it, he begins to cry tears of joy. What the fuck did just happent? Did he just won this? The two hosts, Rikon and Martina are standing on both sides of Erÿk.

Erÿk: Im in shock right now. Did i just win this? Is there a hidden camera?

Rikon: No. There arent any. You just won the Worldvision for your country!

Erÿk: Did.. What the fuc..... AHHH...

Martina: Do you have something to say?

Erÿk: Yes, i have.

Martina holds the microphone for Erÿk due to him holding the glass trophy.

Erÿk: Now. It's been 5 years since my two best friends were murdered. I still miss them. Today, I think that I have made them proud. Made the Darkmanian LGBTQ+ community proud. And I have made my country proud. Hatred might prevail, but love is... unstoppable.

Erÿk lifts his new trophy high as the audience attendees are creating a loud soundwave of pure cheering. Out of nowhere, Markus, the polkoian performer (and friend) enters the stage. The two hosts look confused about this.

Erÿk: Now. Everyone wants me to send forgiveness toward that banner Men In Leather did. Now, I ask you. Can
Markus Xavier: Yeah. I forgive you. Just because of two guys action are hateful, it doesn't mean that 99,99% of all darkmanians are polkphobic. I forgive you.

As Erÿk places the microphone stand on the ground to shake Marukus hand, an even more cheering can be heard. To show their forgiveness, Erÿk and Markus shake hands to forgive and to forget that hateful banner.

Markus: Thank you. Now back to the Green Room. Enjoy your spotlight, Erÿk.

Erÿk tries to hide his face with his hands, holding back his tears of joy as Markus leaves the stage and we see the stage being prepared for the winner`S reprise.

Rikon: Well... That was the end of this show. We have seen a new nation added as a winner for Worldvision. It's DARKMANIA!

Martina: Who will follow Erÿk`s footsteps at the next edision of Worldvision at the 75th eidision? We don’t know.

Rikon: Now, there is only left for us to say thank you for watching this show. It has been an honor hosting this with you.

Martina: Appsolutley.

The camera cans as Erÿk are about to reprise his song again.[/spoiler]

WINNER`S REPRISE
Darkmania

Erÿk Dÿrmal- "Sÿrma" (Sinner)

Im in shock right now. Did i just win this? Is there a hidden camera? ” – Erÿk Dÿrmal.

It has been years, but finaly Darkmania gets their first evern Worldvision win. From having been placed last of the board in their early days, to their ragequit to focus toward World Hit Festival, to their return by using the same stragegy as they u. But after a bronze and two silvers, they can finaly taste the sweet, sweet gold.

Millions of darkmanians have turned on to witness this historic moment as Erÿk has won for Darkmania.

The opening shot is a little bit confusing and a little unreal. That is because it's in black-white and Erÿk arent to be seen. He is finally seen at the next shot simply walking to the microphone stand. There are no other persons than Erÿk and there is smoke on the stage as well as being grey clouds on the background wall. Erÿk only has a black coloured short-armed shirt. The camera who films the first sung line is locked and are locked for the duration of the first verse. Erÿk tries to be serious just like he did, but the emotions are hard to fight back. Especially since you just won the biggest song contest in the Multiverse .

Kölorë ÿu re gëyre üit
(Colours are getting greyed out)

Ëkisen ëf löv ër döding
(Existence of love is dying)

Yma fëil nët ÿn ren hüma
(I don’t feel like a normal human)

Kän töu ëi ren füür ÿinst?
(Can you be normal for once?)

Yma yn hüma mïd lif
(I am a human with life)

Yn hüma mïd mëid
(A human with mind[i])

Yr nëid trÿng të
([i]I just want to[i])

Këre yrë mëital sÿnket
([i]Cure my mental illness[i])

There is some movement for the camera as it glides away. The smoke in the LCD background wall intensifies. We see the glass trophy being placed in front of Erÿk.

Dël ïr väkser ïr dë höud
([i]Its growing in my head)

Dë trÿck ïr stärkere
(The pressure is stronger)

Yr nët hade dis myr
(I can't handle this anymore)

The colours get revealed, but not for Erÿk as he is still grey in the broadcast for the moment. There are some images of thunderclouds in the broadcast as well. We also hear that he is joined by four backup singers who are hidden for now. 2 male and 2 female voices join Erÿk`s voice to harmonise with him.

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Mëke göyl ëf vÿr külto
(Making mockery of our culture)

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Töu hä glÿmt ti Güf ë tyr nët gët hëlt fër hÿm
(You have forgotten your God and you`re not getting help from him)

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Dë höte säkm ef dës lend
(The biggest shame of this land)

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Förgy mi Güf, füür er hä sÿrm
(Forgive me God, for I have sinned)

Töu yr nëit ÿn humä
(You are not a human)

A steadi cam from the left side of the stage enters and locks itself with Erÿk looking nervously (or at least he tries to do so)

Köm mëk dë hërd füür ös?
(Who makes it hard for us?)

Këm ÿma in vÿrke?
(What am i in reality?)

Yr trÿng spöre ë svër
(I need questions and answers)

Yma nët ÿn humä myr?
(Im not a human anymore?)

He takes his microphone off the microphone stand and throws the microphone stand to the ground of the stage in anger. He will hold and sing with his mic in his hand for the rest of this entry.

Ϋn wëtter uïte fën ë kölöre
(A world without fun and colours)

Hät yr stärke dän löv
(Hate are stronger than love)

Fëlte ÿm lëv ë ÿm frÿnds, dë nët ren myr
(Fuck my life and my friends, they are not normal more)

Erÿk is now finally in colours. The transitions are still in a frantic manner with images of thunderclouds tossed in.

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Mëke göyl ëf vÿr külto

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Dë höte säkm ef dës lend

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

(Forgive me God, for i have sinned)

Töu yr nëit ÿn humä
(You are not a human)

All colours are digitally removed while continuing the frantic transitions.

Töu yr sÿrma. Töu yr sÿrma 
(You are sinner. You are sinner)

Nët ÿn ren hüma. Nëy ÿn ren hüma
(Not a normal (hetro) human. Not a normal (hetro) human)

A large god-like creature appears on the LCD wall with the face removed. All light is darkened with only the godlike thing shining. Erÿk goes down on his knees, facing the god-like thing. A shot from behind Erÿk reveals some text simply written “Sinner”. He sings the next line while facing the godlike thingy. A massive mistake is done as a steadi camera operator is accidentally seen for like a second before its changes the transition to that of the steady cam. The focus are to record the god-like thingy over the shoulder of Erÿk as he is praying toward this Godthingy. By magic, the microphone stand is gone.

Erÿk faces back to the audience at the arena as the god-like thing disappears. Controversially, two images of both Trëvor Yrängaser (19) and Gëorg Sälander (21) are shown before they slowly disappear again. The faces on the LCD screen are all grey and colourless, while the colours for the broadcast are now back. Gold coloured confetti begin to rain down on Erÿk and the stage right now as the credits begin to roll.

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Mëke göyl ëf vÿr külto

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Dë höte säkm ef dës lend

Töu yr bör ÿn sÿrma
(You are just a sinner)

Töu yr nëit ÿn humä
(You are not a human)

Enter stage left, four backup singers appear on the stage. They mostly just stand in a line behind Erÿk. Erÿk is now almost drowned in confetti.

Nët ÿn ren hüma. Nëy ÿn ren hüma
(Not a normal (hetro) human. Not a normal (hetro) human)

"THANK YOU!" Erÿk is filled with emotions. He has done something that took ages to do. But at last, he has done it.

Enter stage left, we see Erÿk`s boyfriend who has flown all the way from Darkmania to cheer for Erÿk with them hugging each other.

They kiss... creating an iconic moment for Darkmanian LGBTQ+ community.

It has taken a while, but now, it's official. Darkmania has won for the first time.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates