NATION

PASSWORD

Warm Hearts (OOC) (OPEN) (Courting)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Hey! Sorry for the wait everyone, i had to deal with a situation at home. I'm working on a post now to transition us all to Dinner. The girls will be making their first appearance in front of the major aristocrats and retainers within the Kingdom, as well as Ivan's family. Also! I've updated our character list.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:02 am

Just a heads up to those who i haven't already spoken too. We are going to resume the RP in the IC thread rather than reboot it. I'm excited to finally get this going again.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Is this still running?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Killin in the name of
Civilian

Founded: Sep 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Killin in the name of » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:01 am

Noretias wrote:

Name: Ylara Etria
Title(s): Princess of the Martial Blood (as opposed to a Princess of the Sacred Blood, Noretias having a dual Queenship composed of the Sacred and Martial Queens), Guardian of the Devoured Sun, 2nd Captain of the Noreti Royal Guard 4th Company
Nationality: Noreti
House/Family: House Etria, blood of Idena the Brave
Family Crest:Half a red sunburst on a field of white, the bottom half swallowed in darkness, two blades crossed in the foreground
Place of Birth: The Grand Temple of the Devoured Sun in Inizia.

Religion: Noreti polytheism
Languages Spoken: Noreti and English, though she has a distinct accent when speaking the latter. A smattering of phrases from various other languages, but nothing that could be called fluency.
Travel of Note: Unlike most of the royal family, or indeed most Noreti in general, Ylara is relatively well traveled. She has spent considerable time on diplomatic missions to the few countries Noretias maintains strong ties with, and after her tour in the military (where she was only ever deployed in border skirmishes and internal incidents, her homeland having remained mostly aloof from international affairs, and in particular avoiding any association with the global war on terror) she spent a year touring various countries across Africa, Europe, and Asia, though she never spent much time in any one place.
Personality: Ylara is an active, outgoing woman who has long been considered a bit of an oddball by the rest of the royal house, mostly for her continued interest in foreigners and foreign cultures. She was curious and inquisitive even as a girl, fond of meeting and conversing and laughing with new people and absorbing new ideas. Despite what many in her country consider to be an unseemly worldliness (and indeed her very willingness to travel to another land and potentially marry a foreigner, even a foreign Prince, has resulted in her being roundly castigated in the rougher sorts of tabloids), she remains utterly devoted to the Noreti faith, always careful to make the proper observances and offerings to the Gods of Noretias and the Mortal Goddess.
Likes: The color blue, folk metal and choral music, seafood, train rides, thunderstorms, long conversations, Wushu movies, comics, hunting, and azaleas.
Dislikes: Frogs, anything orange, American Godzilla films or anything with Matthew Broderick, hot weather, fishing, bigotry or rudeness, heavy drinking, pistachio ice cream
Fears: Disappointing her royal and sacred ancestors, suffocation, horses (she was thrown and her arm broken by an errant stomp as a girl), various omens which likely seem superstitious to most non-Noreti.
Bio: Ylara is the fifth child and third daughter of Her Royal Majesty Tarja, the current Martial Queen of Noretias. With two healthy elder sisters she was never considered likely to inherit, and so rather than being groomed for rulership she was instead raised with her duty as a junior member of the Royal family in mind. Among those of the Martial blood that meant extensive training in military and diplomatic matters in addition to the best education to be found anywhere in Noretias, her half of the Queenship being expected to deal with foreigners both in war and peace. Much to the disappointment of her mother, however, she showed little interest in the former, and increasingly gravitated towards the latter, considered to be far less the prestigious option, more apt for a cousin or niece rather than a daughter of the Queen. While theoretically all royalty are exempt from conscription, at 18 she dutifully took up a commission in the Royal Guard as expected. She served only one tour, serving well and admirably if not exceptionally, her only real combat experience being commanding a small unit during a brief border clash. She is technically still in the reserves, but maintains her officer rank and position mostly as a matter of Royal prestige reviews with very little chance of ever seeing combat again outside of an unexpected general war.

She did, however, prove to be an able diplomat compared to many of her cousins and sisters. She had been fascinated by foreign cultures since she was a child, and indeed is one of the only members of her family to actually learn a language other than Noreti and not rely solely on interpreters. She has become a bit of a black sheep in the family, and certainly one of the most unpopular of the Royal family among the more nationalistic minded Noreti, as she has repeatedly and loudly advocated ending the traditional Noreti isolationism, arguing that Noretias must fully embrace globalization and join the rest of the world, or it will inevitably be swept under. Upon receiving the letter regarding Crown Prince Ivan she saw it as the perfect chance to put these ideals into practice. Though there are rumors of a fierce shouting match echoing through the halls of the Royal Palace over even the possibility of a Noreti Princess submitting herself to some foreign man.

What will you be bringing with you: Several changes of clothing, a few symbols of devotion, a smart phone and a laptop, and if permitted a small handgun carried for self-defense. Also for concerns of defense and honor, she will be accompanied by Sir Aelfric of Wigmaer, Prince-Consort to the Queens.

You are accepted!
Last edited by Killin in the name of on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to NationStates