NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Attack of the Flying Saucers

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Attack of the Flying Saucers

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:08 am

[title] Attack of the Flying Saucers

[desc] Your niece went on a Crusade against celebratory plate smashing after she became a national laughing stock when she tripped on shards of broken dishes in a tarvena in Northern @@NAME@@. Concerned parties have since brought the matter to your office.

[validity] must allow alcohol

[option] “You need to stop plate smashing!" cries your niece , concealing the evidence of her participating in the activity. "Everyone is laughing at me, just because I had a few too many shots of ouzo and couldn’t see the broken pieces on the floor. I couldda gotten hurt!"
[effect] waiters who accidently drop plates face criminal charges

[option] "It is indeed a very dangerous practice," suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a slightly overweight middle aged bureaucrat, in a grumpy voice, wearing a suit and with his arms crossed holding a "NO" rubber stamp "Plate smashing should be completely banned from all places which sell intoxicating beverages, but should be permitted in other establishments, so long as it is well regulated- there must be nobody under the age of 18, the owner must have plate smasher's insurance and they must wear protective clothing. We should enforce a dress code for venue staff and patrons."
[effect] restaurant uniforms resemble battle armour

[option] "What's this vlaka bloody talking about!?" asks Yiannis Yiannopoulos, in a very loud and boisterous voice, who is too distracted by his worry beads to listen to you "Why you have a problem with me and me plates going to our local tarvena and getting smashed on a Saturday night? Just because some ahristi are too stupid to see broken plates on the floor, the rest of us gotta suffer? Akouse ki!"
[effect] hospitals devote entire wards to crockery related injuries

[option] "Plate smashing is a very good way to relieve stress and anger," states physicologist @@RANDOMNAME@@, stealing dishes from your dishwasher ."I ask my clients draw pictures of whatever is angering them on to the plates, grab them, and throw them onto the ground, shattering away their worries. They always leave very calm and relaxed. I say that we should make plate smashing compulsory in all dining venues across the nation!"
[effect] only the clumsiest of waiters receive promotions
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am

This is so random... :lol:
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Bump
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 pm

One comment. That bad, ha?

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 am

Not even close to being a national issue. Barely an issue for anyone except your niece.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:15 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Not even close to being a national issue. Barely an issue for anyone except your niece.

Ok

Return to Got Issues?