NATION

PASSWORD

Prisoners' Rights (VOTING)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Potere al Popolo
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Prisoners' Rights (VOTING)

Postby Potere al Popolo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 am

Believing firmly in rehabilitation and universal human rights,

Asserting, therefore, introduction of Prisoners' Rights in all nations;

Concerned that violation of Prisoners' Rights is also a violation of civil rights,

Distressed that with the current system doesn't prevent prisoners to do crimes ever,

Noting that this resolution also makes prisoners helpful,

Clearing up that this resolution will affect only nations that employ prisons,

Defining prisoners as following:
-A person incarcerated in a prison or jail or similar facility.
-Prisoner of war, a combatant or non-combatant in wartime, held by a belligerent power
-Political prisoner, someone held in prison for their ideology.
-A person forcibly detained against his will, such as a victim of kidnapping; such prisoners may be held hostage, or held to ransom, but not necessarily in a prison or similar facility.

Hereby mandates that all WA states to keep a minimum of prisoners' rights:

1§ Education in prisons;

2§ Prisoners shouldn't be punished cruelly or unusually

3§ Personal property such as: stationary, a watch, cosmetics, and snack-food

4§ Freedom of practicing his/her religion

5§ Work in socially useful jobs, such as infrastructure plans, agriculture, and casual jobs to help the elderly;

6§ The right to make a lawsuit against someone;

My first GA proposal by the way :)
Last edited by Potere al Popolo on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:48 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Well done for putting a draft here on the forums, but it should be noted that putting a proposal on the GA board should occur before, not simultaneously to, submission. This is so that those who dwell here can give advice on how to improve your proposal.

For instance, you haven’t made any qualifications on what are the prisoners to which this applies. Therefore, you are mandating that mass murderers and serial killers must be allowed to do work, such as helping the elderly. Personally, I wouldn’t want any person who has caused multiple deaths to be let out of prison. Also, this partially duplicates Medical Standards in Prisons, though not enough to become illegal.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Potere al Popolo
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Potere al Popolo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:43 am

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Well done for putting a draft here on the forums, but it should be noted that putting a proposal on the GA board should occur before, not simultaneously to, submission. This is so that those who dwell here can give advice on how to improve your proposal.

For instance, you haven’t made any qualifications on what are the prisoners to which this applies. Therefore, you are mandating that mass murderers and serial killers must be allowed to do work, such as helping the elderly. Personally, I wouldn’t want any person who has caused multiple deaths to be let out of prison. Also, this partially duplicates Medical Standards in Prisons, though not enough to become illegal.)

Okay, how shall I edit it?
Shall I delete it and remake it?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:02 am

Potere al Popolo wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Well done for putting a draft here on the forums, but it should be noted that putting a proposal on the GA board should occur before, not simultaneously to, submission. This is so that those who dwell here can give advice on how to improve your proposal.

For one thing, draft it here instead of submit-withdraw-submit-withdraw-etc.
For another, you are pretty much duplicating #18 and #194.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:41 am

Potere al Popolo wrote:

(OOC: I suggest for you to withdraw your proposal from submission, by deleting it from the pool of submitted pieces of legislation, and then listen to what people here have to say about your proposals. However, as GH has pointed out, this does duplicate two extent resolutions. If you can find a way to develop this idea into something unique, go for it, otherwise, it may be best to abandon this and possible return later with a new concept.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 am

Also, replace the [VOTING] in this thread's title with [DRAFT].
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to General Assembly