NATION

PASSWORD

Deceptive or misleading Pricing Act.

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Deceptive or misleading Pricing Act.

Postby Ausinia » Sun May 26, 2019 3:42 am

This is a revive of an old draft here goes :D :

The World Assembly

Believing that consumers require clear pricing to make a purchase

Knowing that incoherent pricing can lead to financial errors with the consumer and seller

Also Knowing that deliberate mis-pricing can lead to the bankruptcy of honest businesses

Understanding that undisclosed fees, or large amounts of fine print can lead to corruption within businesses

Hereby:

Defines:

Seller as the entity selling merchandise or service

Consumer as the entity purchasing the merchandise or service

Misleading or deceptive as wording or impressions uses indecisive language or gestures in regards to pricing

Mandates that all businesses make their prices clear and correct, as to not mislead the consumer

Further Mandates that advertisements not leave a false or misleading g impression in regards to pricing

Requires that all businesses within members states establish policies, giving the consumer full benefit.

Further Requires that sellers not engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive in regards to pricing

Well? Opinions? Concerns? Violations? Suggestions?
Last edited by Ausinia on Mon May 27, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun May 26, 2019 4:05 am

“To start off, your ‘requires’ clause doesn’t quite make sense. It is unclear as to what you want to do. Secondly, with what category and strength are you submitting this?”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sun May 26, 2019 7:07 am

"This is certainly a good idea, ambassador, but will need a lot of work. Your definition of the practices you want to halt is really vague and may not cover some of the worst abuses. You'll want to include undisclosed fees, fees that are disclosed only in the middle of a giant wall of fine print, price structure changes without a nominal notice period or clear warnings, disproportionate advertising of rebates or discounts that apply only to a tiny number of customers or under ridiculous or strenuous conditions... There really are a lot of ways for advertisers and sales staff to sucker people into paying more than they're prepared to. You might be better off, instead of trying to ban all that by name, simply defining the conditions under which pricing may be defined as fair."
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Return to General Assembly