NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars: A Risen Rebellion [IC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Palace District, Coruscant, Two and a Half Weeks Ago

Five days after Thrawn and Traya's arrival on Coruscant, the Palace District was busy with activity as the day of Traya Palpatine's coronation dawned. The situation on Coruscant what it was, guards, soldiers, and of course Thrawn's own Noghri were posted everywhere and made sure, without a doubt, that the event was safe, and the most loyal supporters of the regime were placed along the Pliada di am Imperium.

Of course, the pyramid-like-Imperial Palace dominated the skyline and loomed over the plaza with all the prestige, oppressiveness, and power that Palpatine presented. During his reign, almost no one outside of his immediate circle saw the Emperor. The new constitution officially promulgated and in effect, as well as the openness of Traya's coronation, demonstrated a new reality. Seemingly and publically, the new reign would be different. Not only would the Empress be subject to the rule of law, as the Chancellors of old were, but the revival of the Senate and the Ruling Council represented a change, although not an outright break from Palpatine's day.

The ceremony itself was simple enough. There was a small procession from Senate--in a clearly symbolic move--to the plaza and Chairman Soontir Fel gave a short speech on the state of the Empire. Thrawn himself was not present, and instead kept watch the from the Palace to keep everything running, and not to stoke any anti-xeno sentiments.

After Fel's speech, the Chariman formally crowned Traya as Empress and left the floor open for her inaugural address before the official oaths of loyalty were given.
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Palace District, Coruscant, Two and a Half Weeks Ago

Traya Stood in the middle platform of the Senate, and her holo was projected across the Galaxy, This is it, I am now Empress, and then she spoke.

"People of the Galaxy. I, Traya Palpatine, am your new Empress. My father, the Late Emperor, once said he would make the Empire a safe and secure society that would last ten thousand years, and I intend to keep that promise. By bringing the entire galaxy under one law, one language, and the enlightened guidance of one individual, the corruption that plagued the Republic in its later years will never take root.
Under the Empire's New Order, our most cherished beliefs will be safeguarded. We will defend our ideals by force of arms. We will give no ground to our enemies and we will stand together against attacks from with or without. Let the enemies of the Empire take heed: Those who challenge Imperial resolve will be crushed. We have taken on a task that will be difficult, but the people of the Empire are ready for the challenge. Because of our efforts, the galaxy has traded war for peace and anarchy for stability.
Imperial citizens must do their part. Join our grand star fleet. Become the eyes of the Empire by reporting suspected insurrectionists. The clone troopers, and proudly wearing the name of Imperial stormtroopers, have tackled the dangerous work of fighting our enemies on the front lines. Many have died in their devotion to the Empire. Imperial citizens would do well to remember their example. The New Order of peace has triumphed over the shadowy secrecy of shamful magicians. The direction of our course is clear.
I will lead the Empire to glories beyond imagination. My reign will begin a new Era of Galactic history. The Empire will be continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new consitution.
We have been tested, but we have emerged stronger. We moved forward as one people - the Imperial citizens of the second Galactic Empire. We will prevail. Ten thousand years of peace begins today."

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Imperial Palace, Coruscant, Present Day

Following the Traya's coronation, the pace of events on the Capital quickened. The newly minted Grand Vizier got to work as soon as the Empress' coronation and new Imperial Constitution were put into power. Thrawn himself largely prefered to stay out of the limelight, and given the xenophobic tendencies of the Core in general, Thrawn thought it best to get to work with as little fanfare as possible. The Chiss thus buried himself in the monumental work of restructuring the Imperial Navy to fit the current strategic situation, even as few outside of the Ruling Council were even aware of Thrawn's existence.

The first task Thrawn, in consultation with the Council, tackled was appointing new Grand Moffs and Admirals. The recent Imperial defeats, especially the tremendous loss of life at Endor as well as the lingering effects of the coup meant that there were many positions that needed filling.

Grand Moff Oniye Namada - Grand Moff of Oversector 1

Grand Moff Naomi Dargon - Grand Moff of Oversector 2

Grand Moff Tanniel - Grand Moff of Oversector 3

Grand Moff Traeda - Grand Moff of Oversector 4

Grand Moff Weblin - Grand Moff of Oversector 6 (Missing, presumed dead)

Grand Moff Renau - Grand Moff of Oversector 7

Admiral Gaen Drommel - Grand Moff of Oversector 8

Grand Moff Denn Wessex – Conservative – Grand Moff of Oversector 9

Grand Admiral Zsinj - Grand Moff of Oversector 10

Grand Moff Nigel Nivers - Grand Moff of Oversector 11 (Captured by the Rebellion, Unreplaced)

Grand Moff Therbon - Grand Moff of Oversector 12

Grand Moff Byluir - Grand Moff of Oversector 13

Grand Moff Ambris Selit - Grand Moff of Oversector 14 (Under house arrest by Treuten Teradoc, Unreplaced)

Grand Moff Torbin - Grand Moff of Oversector 15

Grand Moff and Grand Admiral Afsheen Makati - Grand Moff of Oversector 16

Grand Moff Lynch Hauser - Grand Moff of Oversector 17

Grand Moff Ardus Kaine - Grand Moff of Oversector 18

Grand Moff Wilkadon - Grand Moff of Oversector 19

Grand Moff Lotter - Grand Moff of Oversector 20

The Council and Thrawn also restructured the Imperial command, primarily to reward loyal officers and finalise business.

1st Sector Army (Coruscant): (29 BCs/SDs) (under Admiral Feyet Kiez)
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Lusyanka (Inactive)
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Whelm
3 Allegiance-class Battlecruisers
6 Secutor-class Star Destroyers
10 Procurator-class Star Destroyers
7 Imperial-II class Star Destroyers
3 Victory-II class Star Destroyers
100 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruisers
42 Dreadnought-class Heavy Cruisers
40 Immobilizer 418-class Cruisers
25 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
75 Nebulon-B class Frigates
40 Lancer-class Frigates
50 Assassin-class Corvettes

Coruscant Defence Force
21 Golan-I Defence Platforms
17 Golan-II Defence Platforms
11 Golan-III Defence Platforms
4 Victory-I Class Star Destroyers
3 Victory-II Class Star Destroyers

2nd Sector Army (Byblos): (109 SDs/BCs) (under Admiral Josef Grunger)
Vengeance-class Super Star Destroyer Javelin
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Aggressor
2 Allegiance-class Battlecruisers
5 Secutor-class Star Destroyers
2 Interdictor-class Star Destroyers
20 Procurator-class Star Destroyers
55 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
20 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers
5 Venator-class Star Destroyers
30 Victory-II class Star Destroyers
15 Victory I-class Star Destroyers
16 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruisers
12 Dreadnought-class Heavy Cruisers
160 Strike-class Cruisers
20 Immobilizer 418-class Cruisers
50 Acclamator-class Assault Ships
370 Carrack-class Light Cruisers
40 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
222 Nebulon-B class Frigates
30 Lancer-class Frigates
110 Assassin-class Corvettes
130 Tartan-class Patrol Frigates
10 CR90-class Corvettes
28 CR70-class Corvettes
(Includes loyal remnants of 5th Sector Army)

3rd Sector Army (Chazwa): (64 SDs/BCs) (under Admiral Lon Isoto)
Assertor-class Super Star Destroyer Assertor
20 Procurator-class Star Destroyers
24 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
7 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers
5 Victory-II class Star Destroyers
10 Victory I-class Star Destroyers
14 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruisers
20 Immobiliser-418 Cruisers
100 Carrack-class Light Cruisers
50 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
100 Nebulon-B class Frigates
30 Lancer-class Frigates
100 Assassin-class Corvettes
100 CR70-class Corvettes
(Includes loyal remnants of 11th Sector Army)

4th Sector Army (Kuat): (48 SDs/BCs) (under Grand Admiral Miltin Takel)
Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer Eclipse (Under Construction)
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Razor’s Kiss (Under Construction)
Mandator-III class Super Star Destroyer Aurora (de facto under 4th Sector Army, manned by Kuati Sector Forces)
2 Secutor-class Star Destroyers
12 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
15 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers
15 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
24 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruisers
25 Immobiliser-418 Cruisers
40 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
30 Lancer-class Frigates
100 CR90-class Corvettes
(Includes loyal remnants of 12th and 13th Sector Armies)

Kuati Sector Forces (15 SDs/BCs)
1 Mandator-I class Battlecruiser
2 Mandator-II class Battlecruisers
12 Imperial-I class Star Destroyers
211 Lancer-class Frigates
30 Golan-I Defence Platforms
7 Golan-II Defence Platforms
3 Golan-III Defence Platforms

7th Sector Army (Bilbringi): (37 SDs) (under Grand Admiral Thrawn)
Mandator-III class Super Star Destroyer Panthac
30 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
25 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
150 Acclamator-class Assault Ships
30 Lancer-class Frigates
100 CR90-class Corvettes
(Also includes the remnants of Death squadron and Thrawn's old 7th Fleet)

8th Sector Army (Ord Mantell) (Under Admiral Gaen Drommel) (51 BCs/SDs)
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Guardian
17 Imperial-II class Star Destroyers
13 Imperial-I class Star Destroyers
1 Rakehell-class Star Destroyer
5 Victory-II class Star Destroyers
30 Lancer-class Frigates
100 CR90-class Corvettes

10th Sector Army (Taris) (104 SDs) (under Grand Admiral Zsinj)
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer Iron Fist
12 Secutor-class Star Destroyers
14 Tector-class Star Destroyers
32 Imperial-II class Star Destroyers
50 Imperial-I class Star Destroyers
16 Venator-class Star Destroyers
100 Victory-II class Star Destroyers
14 Victory-I class Star Destroyers
48 Immobilizer 418-class Cruisers
217 Vindicator-class Cruisers
478 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
208 Gladiator-class Patrol Cruisers
224 Nebulon-B class Frigates
214 Tartan-class Patrol Frigates

16th Sector Army (Chardaan): (55 SDs/BCs) (under Grand Admiral Afsheen Makati)
Assertor-class Super Star Destroyer Wrath
1 Praetor-II class Battlecruiser
5 Procurator-class Star Destroyers
18 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
18 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers
30 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
90 Carrack-class Light Cruisers
30 Lancer-class Frigates
100 CR90-class Corvettes

20th Sector Army (Fondor): (89 SDs/BCs) (Under Admiral Teren Rogriss)
Mandator-III class Super Star Destroyer Aculeus
4 Allegiance-class Battlecruisers
15 Procurator-class Star Destroyers
39 Imperial II-class Star Destroyers
26 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers
12 Victory II-class Star Destroyers
150 Guardian-class Light Cruisers
125 Nebulon-B class Frigates
40 Lancer-class Frigates

The final bit of administrative business the Council and Thrawn needed to deal with before the problem of defeating the Rebellion concerned them solely was the matter of breakaway or potentially officers. Regions that were currently cut off from Imperial control, such as Eridau and Rothana, were largely ignored. Thrawn sent delegates to other of these so-called Warlords to secure their loyalty, and if they could not be secured, at least he meant that he could buy time to deal with any immediate threats. Special attention was also taken in regards to Grand Moff Ardus Kaine, who had not broken with Coruscant but was seemingly waiting things out. Delegates were also sent to the CSA to renew their loyalty to the new regime.

Three weeks after his return to Coruscant, news reached Thrawn that Grand Admiral Syn had fallen in battle and that contact with Kashyyyk was lost. Thrawn took the news calmly and casually called a war council of all Grand Admirals to address the situation.
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Nota Bene: Rev is busy and he has thus given me permission to post on his behalf as Ackbar. These orders are from him.

Above Kashyyyk

Gial Ackbar looked at the holograms of his subordinates. So far, the invasion of Kashyyyk was going in favour of the New Republic, but for how long the Mon Cala admiral knew not. It was imperative for the New Republic to take Kashyyyk as quickly as possible, to avoid a long and dangerous battle of attrition, as well as move on other fronts to secure the New Republic's tenuous position.

"The initial landings have gone well," he told the group. "I want to maintain our raids on outlying Imperial FOBs to soften their defences as we focus on taking pivotal fortresses. The 405th has already begun the landing of their troops, and I want another 80,000 boots on the ground before the day is over to assist them."

Ackbar gave a slight pause as he gestured to the map of Kashyyyk to illustrate where he wanted the men to land.

"The situation is critical on Kashyyyk. We cannot afford to isolate the Wookiees, and for that reason, I am restricting full orbital bombardment. It is simply too risky to try and bomb our way out of this when the enemy is that close to allied villages. We're going to need to rely on our air power and ground forces."

Ackbar shifted his attention away from Kashyyyk as the hologram morphed into one of the wider Galaxy.

"Admiral Massa," he said to the Duros, "I want you to split your fleet to secure the Corellian Run. Take half of your forces and begin a siege over the fortress world of Druckenwell. That should prevent the Imperials from trying to split us. The rest of your forces are to move towards Ando and mop up the Imperial remnants in the Mid Rim. Once they are finished, they are to join you and liberate Druckenwell." Ackbar then turned towards Firmus Nantz.

"Meanwhile, I want you to move your fleet and blockade Eridau. Do not engage the Imperials unless you find it practical or you can exploit an opportunity. Prevent the Imperials from linking with Eridau and potentially flanking us. The rest of our forces are to remain where they are. Godspeed."
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Martius Kellar and Major Gida Amersu
Kashyyyk
Echo Base

"No questions General" the Major replied "We'll head out immediately." Gida signaled to her Pathfinders and the group began to set off. After walking a little ways, Martius looked to Gida and stated: "The Wookiee Resistance fighters should've regrouped by now; Chrawk knows the area around the Imperial base better than anyone; might be worth rendezvousing with him to guide us through the area. I know the fall back position the Resistance established for emergencies, we should be able to find him there."

"Alright" Gida replied "Take a couple of my troops, meet with the Wookiees, and rendezvous with us a click north of our current position in the Shadowlands."

"Understood" Martius replied, as Gida picked two of her men to follow him "Stay safe out there."

"You too" Gida stated as Martius and the two Pathfinders walked off "Oh and uh, may the Force go with you, or whatever." Martius grinned a little and rolled his eyes as the two groups separated. They would reunite a short time later, now with Chrak in tow, and after doing so the Wookiee Chieftain would lead the group through the safest path to a wooded area near enough to the base that they could laze targets. A few Pathfinders climbed partway up the massive trees to get a better view of the base defenses, and once they lazed the highest priority targets, Gida contacted General Skip and stated: "This is Pathfinder-1, targets are lit; you may fire when ready."

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018

Postby Draos » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 am

ETTI IV Capital of the Corporate sector Authority
Carser Buckgra stood in his most formal attire as he greeted the imperial diplomats he knew what they wanted and he didn't like it. They wanted the Authority to beg for forgiveness and kiss their boots something he would not do . In a polite but not submissive tone he greeted them "Hello Gentlebeings let us begin our talks shall we?"
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 am

Imperial Palace, Coruscant, Present Day

Traya had been busy since the coronation, but she knew she needed to rule more then her father had actually done, and make public appearances. Her daily meeting dragged on as ever though, however she always looked forward to her meeting with Grand Admiral Thrawn, as he was always straight forward with her, unlike others who she met with. However, she knew she'd be even busier once the new Imperial Senate was elected and sworn in, this is tougher then I thought it would be.

But with the War council meeting coming up, she was busy preparing for it, making sure she had her announcements at the ready, and to think though her decisions, as one decision on from her would in turn effect billions of lifeforms across the Galaxy. After a few moments of thinking everything though she nodded to herself, yes, I think that would be the best decisions for military matters

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:33 pm

War Ministry, Imperial Palace, Coruscant

Thrawn sat in one of the many conference rooms within the vast War Ministry, inside the equally vast Imperial Palace. The room itself had all the hallmarks of Imperial architecture: grey metallic walls, low lighting, and the centre table of a smooth, black polish metal. Many of the seats were unoccupied, and with the exception of the Chiss Grand Admiral himself, the rest of the seats were taken up by some of his closest aides including Captain Dagon Niriz and Captain Gilad Pellaeon, a new addition to Thrawn's staff but whose resume after Endor impressed the blue-skinned alien.

Aside from Thrawn's retinue of Noghri bodyguards, Baron Sootir Fel and the Empress also made up the detachment on Coruscant. As soon as everyone was seated, Thrawn activated the black holoprojector and the holograms of not only a map of the galaxy but also the various admirals Thrawn summoned for the meeting. After the usual exchange of greetings, Thrawn began.

"Earlier today, we received intelligence that Grand Admiral Peccati Syn's squadron engaged the Rebel 3rd fleet near Kashyyyk." Thrawn gave a slight pause. "Although Syn's activities since the Battle of Endor have been, shall we say, less than regular, central intelligence was in regular contact with the Grand Admiral's staff as well as Grand Moff Hindane Darcc himself. Not long after the fleets engaged, we lost contact with both Syn and Darcc." Thrawn paused again.

"Given the size of Syn's forces in comparison with the Rebel forces, we can deduce that Syn is dead and that Kashyyyk will soon fall to the Rebellion. However a loss that might be, this provides us with the opportunity to begin our own counter-attack against the Rebels."

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:20 am

Kashyyyk
Colonel Armond Drop

It was finally over Armond realized, the battle for this damned planet was over. As the banner of the New Republic was raised over the Imperial Command center a cheer went out from the men. Tears where shed and the guttural howls of the wookies echoed through the air as the planet was finally liberated. Armond let a smile cross his face, his work on this planet was done, but this was not the last planet he would visit with his promise of death and fury.

"All Republic commanders, a final sweep of the Imperial base is finished, form up and prepare to depart the planet, garrison duty has already been assigned." He uttered into his comm. Content that the work would be done, Armond sat down on a piece of the rubble and watched as the men down below formed into their companies and made ready to leave the battlefield.

He closed his eyes and imagined all the countless souls lost in this worthy struggle, twelve thousand Republic casualties, three thousand of those being deaths, was the cost of Kashyyyk. The imperial casualties were much higher owing to the fact that some got it into their minds that the Wookies would not allow surrender and went down fighting to the last man.

Half the troops had departed when Armond finally stood and made his way to his shuttle, the battle for kashyyyk was over...the battle for the galaxy had just begun.
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 am

The Chiss Grand Admiral pulled up an astromap of the known galaxy, a sight all too familiar with the members of the War Ministry and the present commanders. Thrawn took extra time to let the commotion of Syn's defeat and the inevitable fall of Kashyyyk to settle before he continued with his presentation.

"The 2nd Fleet under Grand Admiral Grungar will be sent to relieve Eridau, which will also reopen up Sluis Van and its resources. We have reports that Eridau might be under threat from Rebel forces, and I will move with the 7th Fleet towards Sullust to take the planet and crush any Rebel fleets in the region, supported by Admiral Rogriss' 20th Fleet which will move to cut off Lorta, and then push towards Bespin. It is also my hope that we may pin the Rebel fleets in this region and destroy them in detail."

Thrawn paused as the map lit up to indicate the proposed movements.

"Admiral Isoto's 3rd Fleet will be sent to retake Kashyyyk and halt any Rebel advances in the area. While Kashyyyk is not a critically import world, it is likely that the Rebels will use it as a staging ground to launch attacks into the Middle and Inner Rim. In conjunction with this push, Grand Admiral Zsinj and his 10th fleet will secure the Perlemian trade route and drive towards Mon Cala, while Grand Admiral Makatai and the 16th will pacify the CSA and link up with Zsinj during his attack on Mal Cala. At the very least this will draw Ackbar to defend his homeworld, and the combined fleets can destroy him in turn. Last, Drommel's 8th fleet will destroy any Rebel forces along the Corellian Run and restore access to Geonosis and Ryloth."

Again, the map showed the detailed movements of the Imperial forces as Thrawn concluded.

"Our primary objectives are the destruction of the Rebel fleet. The secondary objective is the pacification of any regions controlled by breakaway factions, such as the CSA and the so-called Eridau Authority. A strong show of force here is needed to demonstrate that the Empire still has control over the situation. Any questions?"

ETTI IV Capital of the Corporate Sector Authority

The entourage of Valles Santhe sat around the table of Carser Buckgra. When the leader of the CSA finished, the diminutive Liannan stood and looked at him straight.

"I will be brief," she said bluntly. "The Empire has concerns over your announcement of neutrality in the Galactic Civil War and your implicit recognition thereof of the Rebellion. Her Imperial Majesty the Empress, and the Grand Vizier are not asking so much as demand you rescind your statements on the matter."
Last edited by Britanania on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018

Postby Draos » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Carser stroked his chin thoughtfully as he contemplated how to respond to the woman who already was getting on his nerves with her aggressiveness "While we understand the Imperial position we have no formally or informally recognized the Rebellion as soverign state so much as there is a state of war between the two groups which the Authority's Direx board has unanimously voted to refrain from interfering in as it does not the suit the interest of our shareholders to spill the blood of our Espos or lose the ships of our picket fleet which I might remind you are not meant for capital ship engagements on a war that frankly does not concern us." He coughed slightly letting the tone of his words remind the Imperial this was his city his planet his government not the Empire's. "May I also remind you of the instance of a Imperial star destroy seizing a Galactic Electronic's research station for selling a weapon to the rebellion thus breaching the sovereign independence of the Authority? I do not recall the Empire having the proper jurisdiction to Punish authority companies without the prior knowledge of the ExO or the Executive Directorship Board. if anything the Authority and it's vast wealth have a quite fair reason to go against your so called Empress but instead we are choosing to not align ourselves with either side in your petty squabble. Now leave my office immediately contact your superiors and inform them that the Corporate Sector Authority will maintain official neutrality that is out of the question we shall continue our obligation to give you 3% of our gross domestic product and the tithe of materials and ores as was agreed with the previous emperor. He looks at the Imperial with his best crap eating grin "now have a great day and enjoy your stay on Etti IV" with that he sat down in his chair and waited for the imperial to leave.
Last edited by Draos on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Kashyyyk
Main Imperial Base

Martius and Gida walked silently through the war-torn hallways of the Main Imperial Base as they made their way out to where their shuttle was awaiting to return them and the Pathfinders back to the orbiting fleet. The pair looked more than a little ragged; their fatigues tattered and torn from the march through the Shadowlands and the brutal fighting of the recent days, both drenched in sweat and blood from a variety of sources, and the look of exhaustion on their faces was becoming more and more evident as the adrenaline that was keeping them running began to fade after the danger subsided. Looking above the dark rings extending along and under their infraorbital margins however, the observant would notice a puzzled look in their eyes as the pair pondered the events of the battle for the Main Base.

One in particular greatly troubled the former Jedi, and he couldn't help but stop for a moment as they passed the debris pile that marked the event's location and it once more replayed in Martius' mind...

"2 more Imps coming in at our 1 o'clock!" Gida yelled to Martius as the two fired on advancing stormtroopers from cover. Not long after linking back up when Martius arrived with the Wookiee Resistance fighters, the group joined in with the main attack force on the base, but Martius and Gida became separated from their allies when a large blast door closed behind them. The pair pressed on through the base to try and link up with another allied unit, but were pinned down by a group of stormtroopers who were in the middle of redeploying to another section of the base. Martius popped up and fired on the white-clad troopers Gida called out, sending them falling to the ground before dropping back in cover with the Major.

"Well, this could be going better" Martius joked as Gida fired a couple of bolts down the hall at a group of Imperials. She gave him a sideways glance as she returned to cover, just in time to see a thermal detonator land next to them. "Get down!" she ordered as she slid sideways and kicked the detonator down the hall back towards its owner. Martius pulled her back into cover as the detonator skidded towards the stormtroopers and right next to a support beam; detonating with a blast that sent the Imps flying back, but also sent a series of cracks through the ceiling above Martius and Gida. As those cracks became larger, the ceiling started to cave in on top of them, and seeing there wasn't enough time to run, Martius threw himself on top of Gida, hoping the cover might be enough to protect her from the rubble, even though it would certainly cost him his own life. As the ceiling began to fall, Martius instinctively threw an arm above his head, closed his eyes, and braced himself for the end.

But as the seconds passed by, the end did not come. Martius opened his eyes, and to his surprise looked up to see the debris above them floating in place. Keeping the arm above his head held up, he stood up and used his other arm to direct Gida to move out of the path of the rubble and followed behind her; dropping his arm when they were clear and sending the rubble crashing to the ground. He looked down towards his shaking hands in stunned silence, as Gida looked at the debris and stated: "Hmm. Not bad for an ex-Jedi." Martius said nothing in response, still too shocked at what happened to even understand what she was saying. "Hey, you still with me Captain Kellar?" Gida asked. Again no response. This time she grabbed his arms and shook him "Damnit Martius, snap out of it! You can be as shellshocked as you want when we get out of here, but right now I need you in fighting shape if we're going to make it through this alive. Understood?"

"Yeah..." Martius replied, brushing Gida's arms away "Yeah, sorry; understood. Let's get moving."

The two eventually managed to link up with allied fighters and helped wrap up taking and securing the base. Once it was confirmed the base was secure and Colonel Drop gave the order to depart the planet, Martius and Gida made their way to the shuttle, passing by the area where the ceiling nearly caved in on them on the way. When Gida saw Martius had stopped, she walked towards him and asked: "So what had you so spooked back there? That can't have been your first close brush with death..."

"No" Martius replied "Not by a long shot." Looking down at his hands he continued: "It's that I stopped that debris from hitting us with...the Force."

"So?" Gida replied "Isn't that something all you Jedi are supposed to do?"

"Like I said, I'm no Jedi anymore." He took a deep breath and continued: "I lost my connection to the Force a very long time ago, and haven't been able to sense or use it in all those years; right up until the moment that roof almost caved in on us."

"You didn't know you'd be able to stop that rubble?" Gida asked with a somewhat surprised look.

"I had no idea" Martius replied "And I still don't know how it happened. I vaguely remember a few stories from back when I was a Padawan about Jedi who lost their connection to the Force, or had it taken from them, but I don't remember any of them getting that connection back. Then again, it's not something I bothered to research extensively back then, and by the time it happened to me it wasn't like I could stroll up to the Jedi Archives and look into it."

"Huh" Gida replied, with her surprised expression changing to one more of confusion "So you're saying you lost your Force and somehow found it again? How exactly do you lose the Force anyway?"

"It's...complicated" Martius replied, while looking down towards the floor. Turning back to Gida, he continued: "At any rate, we should probably keep heading back to the ship; wouldn't want the fleet to leave without us."

Gida raised an eyebrow; it was clear this was something Martius didn't want to speak about, at least not at the moment. She simply nodded in response, and the two made their way out of the base and to the waiting shuttle. Chrawk was waiting for them there as well, and as the two approached, Gida stated: "Thank you for your help, Chrawk; it was a pleasure getting to work with you."

"Urr og wahh" the Wookiee replied with a polite nod.

"He thanks you for your help as well" Martius informed the Major, who then returned the Wookiee's nod and made her way onto the shuttle. Martius shook the Wookiee's hand and stated: "Well old friend, it seems you and your people are finally free again. A word of advice though: this is going to be quite an embarrassment for the Empire, and I can't imagine they're going to take it lying down. I'd recommend getting your people prepared for a retaliatory strike as soon as possible; hard as winning freedom is, keeping it always seems to be harder."

"Huurg rwarrg, gurarg."

"Indeed" Martius chuckled in response. "Stay safe my friend." The former Jedi then made his way back to the shuttle's cockpit and sat down in the pilot's seat next to the Major. Once everyone was secured, he hit a few switches and the shuttle lifted off Kashyyyk and departed back towards the fleet and on to their next adventure...

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:25 pm

Grand Moff Gaen Drommel
Aboard the SSD Guardian

Gaen watched the holo form of Thrawn talk as he and the other Moffs and Admirals watched intently, his gaze seemed to ice over as he thoughts slipped away from the conversation, though he was still paying attention should his name be called. His mind instead slipped to his fleet, already Thrawn has said that the 8th was to run down the Corellian Run, and by recent intelligence reports that meant he would be outnumbered. With a non audible sigh he decided that he must voice this thought and waited for the floor to be opened.

“Yes Grand Vizier I do have a question,” Gaen said, watching as all the eyes present in the meeting turned to him, most unnervingly of all being Thrawn and the new empress.

Gaen stood and approached the holo map that the meeting was sharing, with his finger he traced a line down the corellian run. “Currently the 8th Sector Fleet consists of one SSD, two battlecruiser, and about forty Star Destroyers. While not an unimpressive force, recent intelligence has Rebel forces numbering near a hundred Star destroyers. As you all must be aware I am not one to recklessly throw Her Majesty’s ships into combat they may not win, so stating this, I ask Grand vizier wether I will have support from one of the other sector fleets, or if I will have to make so with what I have in combating a superior force in the area?” Gaen said, happy with how he had articulated his thoughts.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 pm

The Chiss Grand Admiral looked at the blue-tinged hologram of Admiral Drommel. Thrawn's red, pupil-less eyes gave little in the way of showing his thoughts, but he waited as the council looked to see how he would address Drommel's concerns.

"The Grand Moff brings up a fair question," Thrawn said evenly. "And after the Empire's defeat at Endor the mystique of the Imperial Navy's invincibility has been badly shattered." Thrawn looked around at the murmurs. What he said was uncomfortable, but the truth. After some time, the Chiss held up a hand to silence the group.

"Reports from that region are limited at best. We know that a Rebel fleet under the command of Voon Massa operates in that sector, and yes the reports do indicate his fleet is comparable to the size of the 8th, but I have little doubt that he is working under a divided force." Thrawn paused as he gestured to the Mid Rim along the Corellian Run.

"The Fortress World of Druckenwell impedes any progress along the Corellian Run, and that is likely the Rebel objective, but there are other worlds to contend with. If you strike quickly enough, you can destroy the Rebels in detail. The Duros as a race are impulsive and rash. Massa will try to win a quick and decisive battle. He will fight before his forces are combined, and when that time comes reinforcements from the other fleets can soon arrive should either Admiral Grungar or myself complete our objectives."

Thrawn finished his explanation and awaited the human admiral's response as he folded his arms behind his back.

ETTI IV Capital of the Corporate Sector Authority

Valles Santhe remained quiet as the executive went on his tirade. After some time she slowly stood and bowed.

"Her Majesty will be most disappointed, Your Excellency. I am sorry we could not come to a reasonable agreement, but do not take this as an Imperial capitulation."

With that, the Imperial emissary and her entourage exited.
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Traya has been silent for the length of the meeting, taking in the reports and the plans for taking back planets and systems. While she had no martial knowledge, she knew she needed to know what her fleets were going and doing, but overall she trusted Thrawn's judgement over martial matters. "I agree with the Grand Admiral, he does have a way with strategy and has won many battles in which he was out manned and out numbered."
She takes a deep breath, "In fact I have decided to delegate my powers of Supreme Commander of the Imperial Military to Grand Admiral Thrawn. He has my full confidence that he will only work for the good of the Empire, and our protection." She stands, "Congratulations on the promotion Supreme Commander Thrawn."

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Tillisk'Tor'Vih
Kashyyyk
4 BBY

The battle was won, and the dust had settled. Torr wasn't present at any debriefings, it wasn't a place for a lowly squadron commander. He had submitted his report and then was ordered to land at a captured airfield and wait. Wait for what he didn't know, but he had a few ideas of his own as he reviewed reports and after action reviews on his data-pad. The victory was big for the rebellion, the galaxy would see that the Empire could be beaten, however, there needed to be a final touch, another blow to discredit the empire for all to look at and see that there was undeniable hope for the Rebellion.

Coruscant? No, too soon, too many civilians, too messy. An Imperial convoy? No, not big enough, done before. A shipyard? Maybe. Deal a blow to the Imperial war machine, even if small, it'd be symbolic. Where? Somewhere big, important, and somewhere they thing is safe, untouchable. Kuat. There. Torr though, strategies racing through his mind. He pulled up all available information on the Kuat Drive yards, and formulated a plan for an attack. A daring assault, even if they could get there through the interdictors, they'd have to run a gauntlet to get to their mark. However, it wasn't anything the pilots of Tempest couldn't do.

It would be the return trip that would be most difficult.

He went to the base's command center and sent a secure transmission to Fleet Command, making a request for the authorization of a strike mission. He sent his notes, containing some details of his plan, and finished the transmission with his personal signature. He would summon his squadron, and while he awaited for a response from command, he would brief them on the standing plan, and said if anyone didn't want to go, then they wouldn't be looked down upon, and they were free to leave if the wished to do so.

No one stepped out.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Gaen Drommel

“You make good observations Grand Vizier, Very well then, I shall hope to catch the enemy while they are split and to destroy them.” Drommel said, dropping his head respectfully at the Empress before retaking his seat. Already he had typed in several commands to the fleet, ordering them to form up and make ready for hyperspace jump. They would make all haste to the enemy and hope to catch them with their pants down.

Admiral Ackbar

With the battle for kashyyyk done it fell to Ackbar to keep order in their victory. Celebrations went through the night, but by morning his orders had arrived. The fleet was to head to the Vena system, and following a swift liberation, the Donovia system in order to cut the Perlemian Trade route in half.

It was that same morning that an interesting document reached him, he looked over it with interest before sending for the commander of Tempest squadron...and almost as an afterthought he requested the former Jedi, Martius Kellar as well.
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:51 pm

Thrawn gave a short nod as Drommel accepted his explanation. When the Empress stood and spoke, the Grand Vizier bowed in respect.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," he told her. "I will be my utmost to end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy once more." The newly minted Supreme Commander took his seat and the meeting was completed. Thrawn waited for everyone else to exist, and even waited for the Empress to leave before he returned to his office and finalise the plans for the invasion.

24 Hours Later
Onboard the Chimera, near Yang'Dhul

Thrawn's 7th Fleet moved gracefully through the Corellian Trade Spine. A few moments earlier, he and Admiral Rogriss took separate paths near with the latter heading towards Lorta to split the Rebels. Reports arrived that the Rebel fleet was indeed heading towards Eridau, and it was imperative that Sullust was taken first to cut off the Rebels. Admiral Grungar's forces merged with his own, and they would break off after the attack of Sullust to catch the Rebels in between Eridau and Thrawn's fleet

As Thrawn sat in his meditation chamber drawing up plans, the door opened and in walked Captain Pellaeon, the commanding officer of the Chimera where Thrawn decided to make his Headquarters.

"Your Excellency," the officer said with a slight bow. "We have reports that Kashyyyk has fallen. This news has not yet been made public."

Thrawn nodded. It was inevitable that Kashyyyk would fall once the Imperial fleet above it was lost.

"Very well, send word to the Ruling Council. This changes nothing, as Admiral Isoto will arrive in 24 hours to retake the forest world." Pellaeon again bowed and departed, and left Thrawn alone to contemplate his next moves.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:36 am

Adm Gharro Volte
Freedom’s Call, 405th Battle Squadron
Kashyyyk, Kashyyyk System, Mytaranor Sector

The battle had been won and Gharro Volte stepped foot aboard the Home One, flagship to the fleet, flagship to the Rebellion.

He didn’t like the smell.

It was definitely different than his own vessel, just in terms of the noises, just in terms of the sights. He heard organics in the distance, people calling for fuel lines to be switched on, for someone to grab that one box of tools they always have on that one shelf, of the high-pitched whine of a plasma welder and the sparks like little devils. He didn’t see any of the characteristic droids, the fighters all lined up in their own livery, and the man’s own shuttle stood out like a sore thumb. It was one of the Black Squadron’s bombers, the pilot and crew looking just as out of place. The fleet was strange, orange jumpsuits and Rebel Starbirds everywhere you could see.

“We’ll stay with the ship,” commented the pilot, face dour at the hangar as a whole. Volte half-turned, chuckling just a bit at the man. Of course they would. A pointed stare for just a moment was enough to make the man swallow, though, adding to his comment, “I don’t trust the fish. Sir.” It didn’t help that the man was practically still a mercenary, far as discipline went.

“Of course. Few do.” Stepping off the ship, the Admiral was nearly immediately intercepted by a Lieutenant; of course, he had been expected and a messenger had been sent to lead him where he needed to go and likely keep an eye on him. Volte expected people to trust slowly. Expected.

With that, he was lead to the meeting.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Imperial Palace, Coruscant

"Hello and welcome. I'm Ashii Nermani and this is your tonight's news with Imperial HoloVision. For tonight's story of the day, we have a very special guest. We have the privilege of giving Her Imperial Majesty's first public interview. Your Highness, you spent much of your life out of the public eye, but already you've shown a tremendous departure from our predecessor: Emperor Palpatine never gave interviews after the declaration, and gave few public appearances during his reign. Will this be a typical feature of your reign?"

Traya smiled as she was introduced, "I do wish to have a much more public image, I believe it is the right of the people to see who is ruling over them. My Father thought it was unwise for people to see us, I assume he did it for power reasons."

"In a few months, the first plant wide elections for senators will begin. How do you feel sharing power with an elected assembly?"

Traya again smiles, "I am quite happy with it, together the Senate and I will bring peace and stability to the Empire."

"There's talk that you are close to the new Grand Vizier. Was your adopted father close with this mysterious Grand Vizier Thrawn?"

She thinks for a moment, "I am not sure to be quite honest, my late Father did not share who his friends and enemies were to me. Though I do believe that he had quite a respect for him."

"If the Rebel leaders came to you today for a negotiated peace, would you offer them clemency?"

She immediately nods yes, "yes, of course. It is the least I could do for the children of a great hero of our Empire." She pauses as she notices the confusion cross Ashii's face, "I was recently looking though my Father's records and holos and found a document that states that two of the leaders of this rebellion, Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, are the children of our own Lord Vader, who so valiantly protected my late father and protected the Empire." She smiles again, but with the knowledge that now that this is out the rebellion will turn on itself.

"There are rumours of a major Rebel attack. Should the Core be concerned?"

"No, this is but a minor setback in our strategy, but with the renewed vision of my Supreme Commander we shall push the Rebels back, and eventually, to capitulation." Traya gives a content nod as she finishes her statement.

(Thanks for the help in this collaboration goes to Brit)
Last edited by White Bluff on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Home One

After joining the soldiers in their post-battle reveries and happily sharing some of their alcohol, Martius returned to his bunk on his ship and got some well earned sleep before rolling out of bed in the early morning; hitting the floor with a loud metallic thud. Figuring he wasn't likely to be able to go back to sleep, he stood up and popped his back, then made his way to the bathroom and went about his usual morning routine getting a shower and rinsing with a copious amount of mouthwash. Once he was dressed, he made his way to one of the training rooms; still empty as the soldiers slept off their celebration.

Setting up a training dummy, he stood a few feet back and closed his eyes; trying to concentrate, to feel the Force as it flowed through him again for the first time in a long time. He tried to remember back to his training all those years ago and attempted to channel the Force through him into a Push as he shot his arm out towards the dummy: sending it barely teetering back and forth.

"Agh, Sithspit!" he exclaimed at the rather disappointing result of his Push.

"Huh, didn't think Jedi could use that kind of language" Gida joked as she entered into the room and approached Martius. The Twi'lek officer had spent her night writing up her after-action report rather than celebrating, and got up early as she did every morning to train.

Martius turned towards her and replied with a sarcastic tone: "Yeah, well fortunately us ex-Jedi can say whatever we want." Looking back towards the dummy, he continued: "You know, I used to be able to send a column of battle droids flying with that move; now I can't even knock a mannequin to the floor."

Gida stood next to Martius and stated: "Look, I don't much about the Force, but it's been my experience that skill of any sort comes with training and practice. If you haven't been able to use any of your Force moves or whatever in years, I imagine it'll take awhile to get a feel for them again."

"Yeah, fair enough" Martius replied with a sigh. "Guess me and these training dummies are going to get well acquainted."

"For the moment though, I'm afraid that'll have to wait. Admiral Ackbar sent word, he wants you to attend a briefing this morning."

"Me?" Martius asked with a somewhat confused expression. "Did he say why?"

"No clue" Gida replied "But I'd get moving if I were you; wouldn't want to keep the Admiral waiting."

"Great" Martius replied in a sarcastic tone, before making his way out of the room "Appreciate the wealth of information."

"Anytime" Gida replied with a grin.

After leaving the training room, Martius made his way to where the meeting was scheduled to take place and waited for the Admiral to arrive...

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Tillisk'Tor'Vih
Kashyyyk
4 BBY

The night was uneventful, the pilots would celebrate but they would restrain themselves from doing anything too brash as they knew what might be soon to come. Torr would put the finishing touches on his reports before returning to other paperwork, such as requisitions and the like. He slept soundly, but awoke early with many thoughts on his mind. He would eat breakfast and go on to file the daily report before he was summoned by non other than Gail Akbar himself. He would catch a shuttle to Home One, instead of taking his own star fighter, and would report promptly to the bridge, where the Admiral would most likely be present. He would salute, while relaxed it was clear he was respectful, and then stand with a formal posture.

"Commander Tillisk'Tor'Vih reporting, sir."
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:58 am

Admiral Ackbar
Aboard Home One

Admiral Ackbar stride into the meeting room, recognized that all three had arrived on time, and sat down. “Admiral, Commanders, I am short of time so will have to be brief. Commander Tor’Vih has put in a request for a raid of the Kuat shipyards, a get in and get out deal where he does damage on a superficial level and shows we can strike at the heart of the empire. I have decided to OK this raid. Commander you shall have the use of your choice of Civilian Freighters and Imperial papers in order to get you to Kuat..”

He then looked at the other two sitting in the room and spoke to them, “Now you two may be wondering what you are doing here. The real reason is that the Kuat raid will be merely a distraction, the real attack shall come at Bestine. Commander Kellar, Pathfinder and a Regiment of Republic Troopers shall be the attacking force with you having Overall command General Kellar. Admiral Volte, your flagship and 6 others ships of your choosing shall act as their escort. Any questions?”

He knew the republic needed this Morale victory, already word of the new empress had spread, and while many had simply put her off as a new palpating using sham democratic elections to keep her power, others where beginning to put their doubts aside and look at what she was doing with a raised eyebrow.

Already word had come from the other Republic Fleets that they had begun their missions of securing Republic space, but Ackbar knew an Imperial response had to be coming, both to Kashyyyk and the other Republic worlds. Defenses where already being dug, and crews being made ready for the inevitable surge of imperial ships.
Lover of doggos

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:28 am

Martius Kellar
Home One

Martius was floored by the events of the meeting, and stood nonplussed for a moment as he struggled to find the words to say. Granted, he'd worked with the New Republic, and the prior Rebel Alliance, for years now, but he certainly wasn't expecting to be entrusted with the command of a mission; let alone one of such importance. He pondered why, of all people, he would be selected, but felt the fact that the Admiral had referred to him as 'General' was telling; it seemed likely to him that Ackbar knew precisely who he was. It shouldn't have surprised him too much, Ackbar had served in the Clone Wars after all, and in the end it was only a matter of time before someone learned his identity; especially after Kashyyyk. Still, he appreciated that Ackbar referred to him by his alias of Kellar rather than his true surname; the last thing he needed was to have every two-bit bounty hunter in the Galaxy looking to make a name for themselves by bringing in a Jedi after him, so the fewer people that knew about him, the better.

Still, even with Ackbar knowing who he was, Martius wondered why he, of all people, would be chosen to lead this mission, but the fact that only four people were present in the room helped to provide an answer: it was clear this operation was being kept as under-wraps as possible. Secrecy was clearly key to the mission's success, and knowing the Empire almost certainly had spies within the New Republic, the sudden disappearance of a noted and experienced field commander would undoubtedly make its way to Imperial Intelligence; the disappearance of a smuggler, whose kind were constantly coming and going, on the other hand was certainly no cause for alarm. The fact that one such smuggler just happened to have extensive experience commanding a large force in the field played right into Ackbar's hand.

And while he had not quite been able to place Admiral Volte's name when he had heard it earlier, he recognized the face; little changed since last he'd seen it on a screen at a few briefings back during the war, all things considered. Another Clone Wars veteran with extensive military experience, and a master at operating under the radar and behind enemy lines to boot. And given only 7 ships, it would be easy to pass his assignment to the mission off as being put on patrol duty; maybe even falsify some chatter about a reprimand or two on certain channels to keep the Imps off the scent. On the whole, it seemed Ackbar had assembled something of a band of misfits and relics; of totally disparate groups thrown together to face a common foe against great odds. Martius couldn't help but grin a little at the thought; reminded him alot of the good ol' days working with the Alliance back when they were just a few scattered cells cobbling together to try and bring down the mighty Empire.

Having gathered his thoughts, Martius gave Ackbar a respectful nod, and finally replied: "I thank you for your confidence in entrusting me with this mission, Admiral. Rest assured, I will do everything in my power to see to its success."
Last edited by Brusia on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse