NATION

PASSWORD

[Question] How much are certain cards worth?

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Proj Arcania
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Question] How much are certain cards worth?

Postby Proj Arcania » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 pm

I'm fairly new to this community and the trading card aspect, so I'd like to know-what general guidelines are there for prices? How much do different rarities of cards go for, and are there any specific traits that may increase or decrease a card's value?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:31 pm

A great many things go into the True Value of a card. Here is a few schools of thought and others can add on as they deem fit:

The Hey I know this person!!
Common (C) .1-.10
Uncommon (UC) .5-.50
Rare (R) .10-1
Ultra rare (UR) .20 - 1.50
Epic (E) .50 - 5
Legendary (L) what ever the MV is

Hey this person is big in the community for XYZ
1-2$

Hey I have no clue who this is they've done nothing but lived under a rock and somehow managed to become an epic named 9003 but there market value (MV) is high so it must be good!

It probably isn't and these are either a blessing or a curse. MV is just a number as the computer tries to figure out how popular a card is. As such it can be fudge rather easily. but is also super noticeable. When the sales chart looks kinda like swiss cheese with sales all over the place the card might have vaule but only to one person. If there still pouring countless bank into it you hit a gold mine! if not you got a good MV card

It's got an Ex- flag
CLICK IT if the nation is alive behind the card its worth about .02-.03 cents more than junk value

If its not alive behind it and the screen gives you a lovely red message that says hey there dead. That card is worth about .50-500+ (yes 500+ see the card leader board) based entirely on what rarity is is and how many owners it has.
1-2 owners on a common is worth .50-3
3-4 owners is .25- 1
5-8 owners is .30ish

And of course the massive disclaimer that everyone will tell you the card is worth what ever someone else is buying it at. (Not helpful I know, but none the less true)
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Proj Arcania
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Proj Arcania » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:42 am

9003 wrote:-snip-

(snipped because it's long and right above this)
I see you mention a "card leaderboard" in discussing the values of ex-nation cards, might I ask where this is found?

Guard Captain
Secretary

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Guard Captain » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 am

Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby 9003 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am

Proj Arcania wrote:
9003 wrote:-snip-

(snipped because it's long and right above this)
I see you mention a "card leaderboard" in discussing the values of ex-nation cards, might I ask where this is found?

The Biggest Ex flag card is Soops Because it is legendary and only 16 owners and a true ex worth about 1,000
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:18 am

Proj Arcania wrote:I'm fairly new to this community and the trading card aspect, so I'd like to know-what general guidelines are there for prices? How much do different rarities of cards go for, and are there any specific traits that may increase or decrease a card's value?

My rule of thumb is scrap the card unless you like it or it will sell. When you get a card you will see if anyone has a bid on it usually if it is higher than the base value for the card someone either really wants it or it is valuable. And never scrap a legendary even if no one is bidding on it.
Merry Christmas!

Proj Arcania
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Proj Arcania » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks to you both for the help.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards