NATION

PASSWORD

Nuclear Buildup Authorization

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Nation of Morgan Freeman
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Nuclear Buildup Authorization

Postby Nation of Morgan Freeman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:44 am

I propose that we authorize nuclear buildup in foreign nations for self defense only. if a nation bombs another country without provocation, all countries are authorized to unleash full retaliation to said country.
Last edited by Nation of Morgan Freeman on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:54 am

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this isn’t really what the GA does, as what you have is more of an idea or platform than an actual proposal. I suggest that you wait a while, commenting in drafts and gaining experience, before trying to draft another proposal here. On the actual subject matter, this has already been covered by the Nuclear Arms Possession Act.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:57 am

Nation of morgan freeman wrote:I propose that we authorize nuclear buildup in foreign nations for self defense only. if a nation bombs another country without provocation, all countries are authorized to unleash full retaliation to said country.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Kenmoria wrote:On the actual subject matter, this has already been covered by the Nuclear Arms Possession Act.

No, it hasn't. NAPA only covers the right to possess nuclear arms; it never addresses the issue of their use.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Nation of Morgan Freeman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Morgan Freeman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:58 am

sorry. I am indeed new here.

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:11 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:On the actual subject matter, this has already been covered by the Nuclear Arms Possession Act.

No, it hasn't. NAPA only covers the right to possess nuclear arms; it never addresses the issue of their use.

Yes, it does; clause 1 of GAR#10 clearly states that member nations are (only) allowed to possess nuclear weapons to defend themselves from hostile nations.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Nation of Morgan Freeman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Morgan Freeman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:14 am

thank you so much. :clap:

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am

Napa gives nations a right to possess nuclear weapons for defence, it does not limit them solely to possessing nuclear weapons for defence.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Napa gives nations a right to possess nuclear weapons for defence, it does not limit them solely to possessing nuclear weapons for defence.

OOC: But in my understanding it does limit the WA from banning using them for defence? Or do I need to re-read it again...?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Farenheit 452
Civilian

Founded: Mar 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Farenheit 452 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:49 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Napa gives nations a right to possess nuclear weapons for defence, it does not limit them solely to possessing nuclear weapons for defence.

this is why I posted this, so we have Nukes only for defense and hopefully deter hostile nations.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:02 am

Farenheit 452 wrote:this is why I posted this

OOC: Are you also 'Nation of morgan freeman'?

Also, I'd say good luck if I thought you had any chance passing anything that completely bans using nukes offensively.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Nation of Morgan Freeman
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Nation of Morgan Freeman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:23 am

Araraukar wrote:
Farenheit 452 wrote:this is why I posted this

OOC: Are you also 'Nation of morgan freeman'?

Also, I'd say good luck if I thought you had any chance passing anything that completely bans using nukes offensively.

yes I am and I thank you.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly