NATION

PASSWORD

[abandoned] 13 year old's drug becomes a hit

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Necroviribus
Secretary

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

[abandoned] 13 year old's drug becomes a hit

Postby Necroviribus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Title:
13 year old’s drug becomes a hit

Description:
You notice lots of people in @@NAME@@ are smoking an uncommon cigarette. According to the Vape shop, a 13 year old named @@RANDOMNAME@@ is making a drug now known as Marihash.

Validity:
Not valid for nations were drugs are illegal.

Options:
[option]”We should just keep it legal! Just buy and get high!” say’s unemployed person, @@RANDOMNAME@@ with a pack of marihash in his shirt pocket. He reaches to get another cigarette but none are inside.
[effect]lots of people start smoking

[option]"This ‘Marihash’ is horrible! I already had to deal with insane druggies breaking open my window, and now that a 13 year old is making drugs, I can’t imagine the destruction that will cause! Ban it now!” said professor @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@ in an aggressive tone, she grabs a paper off your desk that says "Make all drugs illegal?" and threatens to rip it.
[effect]marihash is banned

[option]"No! My document!" says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, your friend after suffering from a concussion. "Why don’t we ban all drugs? Everyone will be happier, and we won’t have to deal with lung cancer! Maybe that concussion gave me some intelligence!" He says while looking at an IQ test paper, with a 86 on it.
[effect]all drugs are illegal
Last edited by Necroviribus on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Just proofread it:

Necroviribus wrote:Title:

Description:
You notice as lots of people in @@NAME@@ are smoking an uncommon cigarette...
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:Just proofread it:

Necroviribus wrote:Title:

Description:
You notice as lots of people in @@NAME@@ are smoking an uncommon cigarette...

Thanks!

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Welcome to Got Issues.

You don't need to worry about stat effects as editors will take care of these.

Effect lines are not sentences and should not be capitalized or end in punctuation.

The writing here is not unreadable or anything, but it's not that exciting. See if you can find a way to spice it up with some clever humor or a trickier ethical dilemma.
Last edited by USS Monitor on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Spiced up version

Postby Necroviribus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:05 pm

USS Monitor wrote:Welcome to Got Issues.

You don't need to worry about stat effects as editors will take care of these.

Effect lines are not sentences and should not be capitalized or end in punctuation.

The writing here is not unreadable or anything, but it's not that exciting. See if you can find a way to spice it up with some clever humor or a trickier ethical dilemma.

Thanks for the feed back!
Last edited by Necroviribus on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:08 pm

No need to re-post the issue, just edit the op draft. Also, Welcome to GI :)

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Socio Polor wrote:No need to re-post the issue, just edit the op draft. Also, Welcome to GI :)

Thanks! I'll edit the first one, and delete the new one.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:32 am

I'm pretty sure we already have an issue about the legalisation of marijuana. If not, I'm pretty you can call it by its name
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:I'm pretty sure we already have an issue about the legalisation of marijuana. If not, I'm pretty you can call it by its name

The whole theme is that it's a completely new drug, made by a 13 year old behind a school when she's supposed to be in math class.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Perhaps don't call it "marihash" if you don't intend it to be associated with marijuana.

Anyway, the story is thin here. The dilemma doesn't feel like it has any bearing on reality. Sure, new drugs hit the streets all the time, but they aren't knocked up by schoolkids. Recreational drugs are big business. To put in in context, legal pharma is worth around $1200 billion as an industry. Illegal drug production is worth around $400 billion as an industry. Sure, the legal companies are a bigger world presence overall, but we're not talking small scale operations here.

If a 13 year old was producing a drug, just how much could he make anyway? Enough for himself and his friends? Enough for a small town? Certainly not drug production on the scale that the real illegal pharma cartels turn out.

This issue just doesn't have any grasp of the reality of the situation, and doesn't work.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Perhaps don't call it "marihash" if you don't intend it to be associated with marijuana.

Anyway, the story is thin here. The dilemma doesn't feel like it has any bearing on reality. Sure, new drugs hit the streets all the time, but they aren't knocked up by schoolkids. Recreational drugs are big business. To put in in context, legal pharma is worth around $1200 billion as an industry. Illegal drug production is worth around $400 billion as an industry. Sure, the legal companies are a bigger world presence overall, but we're not talking small scale operations here.

If a 13 year old was producing a drug, just how much could he make anyway? Enough for himself and his friends? Enough for a small town? Certainly not drug production on the scale that the real illegal pharma cartels turn out.

This issue just doesn't have any grasp of the reality of the situation, and doesn't work.

Okay, i'll get rid of this issue.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?