NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XV: A New Hoppe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What's your favorite style of architecture?

Gothic
19
16%
Classical/Neo-Classical
19
16%
Baroque
8
7%
Romanesque
11
9%
Brutalism
8
7%
Art Deco
18
15%
Futurist
17
14%
Mughal/Persianate
3
2%
English Colonial/Spanish Colonial
8
7%
Eclectic/Other
11
9%
 
Total votes : 122

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1405
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

Fahran wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:Yosef Dayan is that you.

Dayan is an odd one. I'd call him more of a ultra-nationalist, monarchist, and theocrat than a fascist. He definitely dabbles in Kabbalah though. The Pulsa deNura was and is an abomination. The cognitive dissonance some of these people have drives me crazy.


Isn't dabbling in the Kabbalah basically the Jewish version of being an edgy boi? :p

Pulsa deNura, Pulsa diNura or Pulsa Denoura (Aramaic: פולסי דנורא‎ "The Lashes of Fire") is a purportedly Kabbalistic ceremony in which the destroying angels are invoked to block heavenly forgiveness of the subject's sins, causing all the curses named in the Bible to befall him resulting in his death.


It's a good thing I'm not Jewish because I'd probably do this.
Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Iran is heavily dependent on Russia; but to assume that its just an extension of Russia is ridiculous. Iran and Russia have similar geopolitical goals, and the same rivals and adversaries - same goes for China. What binds those nations together is hatred of the Anglo-American Power Bloc that has dominated the World for the last couple of hundred years. Its the formation of a rival Power Bloc; a Eurasian Power Bloc; a Land Power to oppose the Atlantic-based Sea Power.

This sort of historical theme has come up in history before:

Rome vs Carthage

Sparta vs Athens

Byzantium vs Venice

for example.


Aleksandr Dugin is that you?


Not Hyperborean and anti-internet enough.
Time traveling Heian princess trapped in the 21st century.

Yūzū Nembutsu adherent
Strong believer in cultural preservation
Not secretly a flower
Buddhist nationalist
Itō Jinsai
Ogyū Sorai
Kamo no Mabuchi
Motoori Norinaga
Friedrich Nietzsche
Yukio Mishima
Henri Bergson
Lord Dunsany
Benuty wrote:Well knowing you Rei, you might just end up couping the thread and establishing universal dominion under Heaven.

User avatar
Novus America
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20399
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Aleksandr Dugin is that you?

Yes..John McCain, I presume?


John McCain was based if a bit crazy.
Dugan just totally insane.

Anyways the Eastern Roman Empire was for most of its history a naval power.
Rome and Carthage were not that much different.
Sparta was also a major naval power. And beat Athens at sea.

So those are not even good examples.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. Pragmatism is my ideology.

User avatar
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9534
Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 am

Novus America wrote:Sparta was also a major naval power. And beat Athens at sea.

Uh... did I miss a few memos? <.<

User avatar
Novus America
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20399
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Novus America wrote:Sparta was also a major naval power. And beat Athens at sea.

Uh... did I miss a few memos? <.<


You might have.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aegospotami
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. Pragmatism is my ideology.

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:43 am

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Yes..John McCain, I presume?


John McCain was based if a bit crazy.
Dugan just totally insane.

Anyways the Eastern Roman Empire was for most of its history a naval power.
Rome and Carthage were not that much different.
Sparta was also a major naval power. And beat Athens at sea.

So those are not even good examples.

The Eastern Roman Empire SHOULD'VE BEEN a Naval Power; would've definitely helped them in the long-term...Actually, they were too reliant on their Army, and neglected their Navy at times. Also, the Roman Republic didn't become a proper Naval Power until after they defeated Carthage.

And you called John McCain "based"...lol...You have any idea how much innocent blood that man has on his hands?
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 am

Novus America wrote:First of all that map is not even accurate.
We no longer have bases in the Philippines for example.

And since when is Singapore near Russia?
However those bases are almost all in places who WANT them there!

I mean I understand Russia believes letting countries near Russia have sovereignty and make alliances with countries other than Russia is “aggression” but that is not how it works.

Russia: "How dare you let OUR countries make their own decisions!"

What a diseased nation.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Iran is heavily dependent on Russia; but to assume that its just an extension of Russia is ridiculous. Iran and Russia have similar geopolitical goals, and the same rivals and adversaries - same goes for China. What binds those nations together is hatred of the Anglo-American Power Bloc that has dominated the World for the last couple of hundred years. Its the formation of a rival Power Bloc; a Eurasian Power Bloc; a Land Power to oppose the Atlantic-based Sea Power.

This sort of historical theme has come up in history before:

Rome vs Carthage

Sparta vs Athens

Byzantium vs Venice

for example.

[drinking in history major]
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Novus America wrote:First of all that map is not even accurate.
We no longer have bases in the Philippines for example.

And since when is Singapore near Russia?
However those bases are almost all in places who WANT them there!

I mean I understand Russia believes letting countries near Russia have sovereignty and make alliances with countries other than Russia is “aggression” but that is not how it works.

Russia: "How dare you let OUR countries make their own decisions!"

What a diseased nation.

Meanwhile...

Image

Image

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
The Eastern Roman Empire SHOULD'VE BEEN a Naval Power; would've definitely helped them in the long-term...Actually, they were too reliant on their Army, and neglected their Navy at times. Also, the Roman Republic didn't become a proper Naval Power until after they defeated Carthage.

And you called John McCain "based"...lol...You have any idea how much innocent blood that man has on his hands?

Yes, I remember when McCain rambo'd his way through the innocent nations of the world, M60 under each arm, spraying innocent villages with lead and laughing over the corpses of his helpless victims.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Meanwhile...

(Image)

(Image)

>> when you don't even try to get your facts right

lol
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:
The Eastern Roman Empire SHOULD'VE BEEN a Naval Power; would've definitely helped them in the long-term...Actually, they were too reliant on their Army, and neglected their Navy at times. Also, the Roman Republic didn't become a proper Naval Power until after they defeated Carthage.

And you called John McCain "based"...lol...You have any idea how much innocent blood that man has on his hands?

Yes, I remember when McCain rambo'd his way through the innocent nations of the world, M60 under each arm, spraying innocent villages with lead and laughing over the corpses of his helpless victims.

Ikr, wouldn't it have been great if he actually led any of the wars he advocated for?

But why would such a Cancer do such a thing? No,no,no, its the average Americans who have to send their sons, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc, go fight and die in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because FREEDOM...Because 'MERICAN APPLE PIE

At least the Roman Patricians had to sense to go fight in the wars they pushed for.

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Iran is heavily dependent on Russia; but to assume that its just an extension of Russia is ridiculous. Iran and Russia have similar geopolitical goals, and the same rivals and adversaries - same goes for China. What binds those nations together is hatred of the Anglo-American Power Bloc that has dominated the World for the last couple of hundred years. Its the formation of a rival Power Bloc; a Eurasian Power Bloc; a Land Power to oppose the Atlantic-based Sea Power.

This sort of historical theme has come up in history before:

Rome vs Carthage

Sparta vs Athens

Byzantium vs Venice

for example.

[drinking in history major]

You know, I enjoy our longstanding rivalry across many different threads and topics...Makes life more interesting, you know...always waiting for CM to ride in and f*ck sh*t up (or at least try to) :p

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Ikr, wouldn't it have been great if he actually led any of the wars he advocated for?

No, not really. But I understand that the idea of separation of powers is quite foreign to apologists for totalitarian shitholes like Russia.
But why would such a Cancer do such a thing? No,no,no, its the average Americans who have to send their sons, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc, go fight and die in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because FREEDOM...Because 'MERICAN APPLE PIE

Remember that McCain served and suffered in his nation's foremost war of his era, for half a decade, and ended up permanently wounded because of it?

Oh, right, that's inconvenient to remember, sorry. :)
At least the Roman Patricians had to sense to go fight in the wars they pushed for.

[drinking in history major again]
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Novus America
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20399
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Novus America wrote:
John McCain was based if a bit crazy.
Dugan just totally insane.

Anyways the Eastern Roman Empire was for most of its history a naval power.
Rome and Carthage were not that much different.
Sparta was also a major naval power. And beat Athens at sea.

So those are not even good examples.

The Eastern Roman Empire SHOULD'VE BEEN a Naval Power; would've definitely helped them in the long-term...Actually, they were too reliant on their Army, and neglected their Navy at times. Also, the Roman Republic didn't become a proper Naval Power until after they defeated Carthage.

And you called John McCain "based"...lol...You have any idea how much innocent blood that man has on his hands?


The Eastern Roman Empire again was a major naval power most of its history.
Yes it neglected it later with disastrous results (see sack of Constantinople) but to say it was never a naval power would be blatantly false.

It built its power on naval power, and when it neglected it of course being a predominantly sea based empire it suffered horribly.

Actually if the anything it was the Navy based ERE vs the land based Persians although this would still be a reductive to the point of falsehood dichotomy.

Carthage was the greater naval power at the beginning but Rome a rising one.
But Carthage fought mostly on land anyways. It was not a mostly naval war.

Your examples are really more an example of a rising newer naval power establishing naval superiority over a older naval power.

As such they are more examples of the importance of establishing naval superiority more than some manichean land power versus naval power battle. Except Rome Carthage was a land war really. Carthage fought as a land power, did not try to win via naval power.

McCain was never that powerful. Just one Senator of 100.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. Pragmatism is my ideology.

User avatar
Evil Dictators Happyland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1783
Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Evil Dictators Happyland » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Yes, I remember when McCain rambo'd his way through the innocent nations of the world, M60 under each arm, spraying innocent villages with lead and laughing over the corpses of his helpless victims.

Ikr, wouldn't it have been great if he actually led any of the wars he advocated for?

But why would such a Cancer do such a thing? No,no,no, its the average Americans who have to send their sons, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc, go fight and die in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because FREEDOM...Because 'MERICAN APPLE PIE

At least the Roman Patricians had to sense to go fight in the wars they pushed for.

There's a reason politicians don't generally go into battle anymore. And it's not just unique to America.
Putin didn't march into Chechnya or Crimea with an AK in hand because that's not what his job is. "Soldier" and "administrator" are two completely different skill sets, and "general" is completely different from both, so I don't see why we should expect people to do more than one of these things effectively.
This nation does NOT represent my actual political views.
"Aᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ɪɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴄᴀɴ ᴘᴀss ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴅɪᴍᴇɴsɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴡᴀʟʟs, ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜰɪʀᴇᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴɪᴛʏ ᴏꜰ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sᴛᴜᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴀ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴄʏᴄʟᴇ ᴀs ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙᴏᴅɪᴇs ɪɴ ǫᴜɪᴄᴋ sᴜᴄᴄᴇssɪᴏɴ, ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴇᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ʀᴀᴘɪᴅʟʏ ꜰʟʏɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴀᴛᴇʀɪᴜᴍ, ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ Wᴀʀᴘ ɪᴛsᴇʟꜰ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀ sᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ sᴇᴍɪ-ᴀᴜᴛᴏᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴʀʏ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴅᴀᴋᴋᴀ. Oʀ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ... ᴀʟᴍᴏsᴛ."
-The Man-Emperor of Mankind

Most recent political compass results: -5.5, -4.0

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Novus America wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:The Eastern Roman Empire SHOULD'VE BEEN a Naval Power; would've definitely helped them in the long-term...Actually, they were too reliant on their Army, and neglected their Navy at times. Also, the Roman Republic didn't become a proper Naval Power until after they defeated Carthage.

And you called John McCain "based"...lol...You have any idea how much innocent blood that man has on his hands?


The Eastern Roman Empire again was a major naval power most of its history.
Yes it neglected it later with disastrous results (see sack of Constantinople) but to say it was never a naval power would be blatantly false.

It built its power on naval power, and when it neglected it of course being a predominantly sea based empire it suffered horribly.

Actually if the anything it was the Navy based ERE vs the land based Persians although this would still be a reductive to the point of falsehood dichotomy.

Carthage was the greater naval power at the beginning but Rome a rising one.
But Carthage fought mostly on land anyways. It was not a mostly naval war.

Your examples are really more an example of a rising newer naval power establishing naval superiority over a older naval power.

As such they are examples of the importance of establishing naval superiority more than some manichean land power versus naval power battle.

Its not necessarily a manichean battle; one could argue that even land powers transition to being naval powers when they become hegemonic (its a big part of dominating trade and thus international relations). I'm arguing more in the sense that Sparta, for example, started out as a land-power, that is to say, an agrarian society with a top-down power structure (unlike the more cosmopolitan, liberal Athens). The same generally goes for Rome vs Carthage, or the Eastern Romans vs the Venetians.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:You know, I enjoy our longstanding rivalry across many different threads and topics...Makes life more interesting, you know...always waiting for CM to ride in and f*ck sh*t up (or at least try to) :p

I sometimes enjoy your posts, but you seem to have a blind spot on America and Russia. I don't expect everyone to love America or approve of it as I do, nor do I expect everyone to dislike Russia or oppose it as I do, but it seems to descend into demonization and hagiography, which is intensely frustrating.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:You know, I enjoy our longstanding rivalry across many different threads and topics...Makes life more interesting, you know...always waiting for CM to ride in and f*ck sh*t up (or at least try to) :p

I sometimes enjoy your posts, but you seem to have a blind spot on America and Russia. I don't expect everyone to love America or approve of it as I do, nor do I expect everyone to dislike Russia or oppose it as I do, but it seems to descend into demonization and hagiography, which is intensely frustrating.

I'll admit I'm a Russophile (at least when it comes to the Tsarist days), and I obviously am a huge fan of Byzantium; and I don't appreciate America (and Britain) sticking its nose where it doesn't belong (as both Powers have done in the last 250 years of World History). I have no problem with the United States as a nation (I quite admire their independent spirit, and courage to go their own way, and forge their own destiny); I just don't approve of their recent Imperial forays and prevailing Liberal, Globalist Ethic. As such, its natural, we're going to have disagreements you (and Novus America) and I.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Its not necessarily a manichean battle; one could argue that even land powers transition to being naval powers when they become hegemonic (its a big part of dominating trade and thus international relations). I'm arguing more in the sense that Sparta, for example, started out as a land-power, that is to say, an agrarian society with a top-down power structure (unlike the more cosmopolitan, liberal Athens). The same generally goes for Rome vs Carthage, or the Eastern Romans vs the Venetians.

The idea that Athens had a less hierarchical and more liberal power structure is purely an invention of Athenian propaganda.

>> proportion of Athenian citizens and Spartiates similar
>> entry of metics/perikoi to citizenship/Spartiate status similar
>> Spartans often spoke out against their government in the halls of their government; Athenians enjoyed exiling and killing people for the same
>> reliant on great mass of slaves/helots, in which Athenian slaves outnumber both numerically and proportionally Spartan helots

Argos or bust :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:I'll admit I'm a Russophile (at least when it comes to the Tsarist days), and I obviously am a huge fan of Byzantium; and I don't appreciate America (and Britain) sticking its nose where it doesn't belong (as both Powers have done in the last 250 years of World History). I have no problem with the United States as a nation (I quite admire their independent spirit, and courage to go their own way, and forge their own destiny); I just don't approve of their recent Imperial forays and prevailing Liberal, Globalist Ethic.

The idea that there's a place where a nation's nose doesn't belong implies that there's a place where a nation's nose does belong. Isolationism is a fool's game; spheres of influence are the cries of the weak who wish they could do more.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Novus America
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20399
Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Novus America » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Yes, I remember when McCain rambo'd his way through the innocent nations of the world, M60 under each arm, spraying innocent villages with lead and laughing over the corpses of his helpless victims.

Ikr, wouldn't it have been great if he actually led any of the wars he advocated for?

But why would such a Cancer do such a thing? No,no,no, its the average Americans who have to send their sons, brothers, cousins, fathers, etc, go fight and die in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because FREEDOM...Because 'MERICAN APPLE PIE

At least the Roman Patricians had to sense to go fight in the wars they pushed for.


Dude, CAPTAIN McCain, while retired by the time of 9-11 and rather too old to fight was a freaking decorated combat veteran!
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. Pragmatism is my ideology.

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:I'll admit I'm a Russophile (at least when it comes to the Tsarist days), and I obviously am a huge fan of Byzantium; and I don't appreciate America (and Britain) sticking its nose where it doesn't belong (as both Powers have done in the last 250 years of World History). I have no problem with the United States as a nation (I quite admire their independent spirit, and courage to go their own way, and forge their own destiny); I just don't approve of their recent Imperial forays and prevailing Liberal, Globalist Ethic.

The idea that there's a place where a nation's nose doesn't belong implies that there's a place where a nation's nose does belong. Isolationism is a fool's game; spheres of influence are the cries of the weak who wish they could do more.

Everybody is playing the Empire Game, I get that. But you don't think America is maybe pushing things too far?
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 75544
Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Conserative Morality » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:31 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:Everybody is playing the Empire Game, I get that. But you don't think America is maybe pushing things too far?

In what way are we empire-building? Our game has always been loose hegemony to ensure the preservation of American, and more broadly Western, interests. Especially since the 90s, our foreign policy has been heavily PR-centered because, in the sense of having real competitors, we've already won on the international stage. There's no more major anti-capitalist power looking to close off markets. Nowadays our primary goal is to continue looking like the big (and preferably good) guy on the world stage, not carving up pieces to add to our collection.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

User avatar
Nea Byzantia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1782
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nea Byzantia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:33 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Everybody is playing the Empire Game, I get that. But you don't think America is maybe pushing things too far?

In what way are we empire-building? Our game has always been loose hegemony to ensure the preservation of American, and more broadly Western, interests. Especially since the 90s, our foreign policy has been heavily PR-centered because, in the sense of having real competitors, we've already won on the international stage. There's no more major anti-capitalist power looking to close off markets. Nowadays our primary goal is to continue looking like the big (and preferably good) guy on the world stage, not carving up pieces to add to our collection.

Serbia (formerly Yugoslavia) would beg to differ, Afghanistan too, and while we're at it, Iraq. So would Eurasian Powers like Russia, China and Iran; as well as the Latin American "Troika of Evil": Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 14599
Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:36 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:In what way are we empire-building? Our game has always been loose hegemony to ensure the preservation of American, and more broadly Western, interests. Especially since the 90s, our foreign policy has been heavily PR-centered because, in the sense of having real competitors, we've already won on the international stage. There's no more major anti-capitalist power looking to close off markets. Nowadays our primary goal is to continue looking like the big (and preferably good) guy on the world stage, not carving up pieces to add to our collection.

Serbia (formerly Yugoslavia) would beg to differ, Afghanistan too, and while we're at it, Iraq. So would Eurasian Powers like Russia, China and Iran; as well as the Latin American "Troika of Evil": Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua.

America's geopolitical rivals don't like America, news at 11.
Ascended to Modhood on the 14th September 2016
The Grand Fascist Empire of Old Tyrannia
⚜ IMPERIVM MAGNVM FASCISTICVM TYRANNIAE ANTIQVAE
Factbook | Tyrannian Empire | Tyrannian Fascism
Everything for Queen and Country.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Blargoblarg, Diarcesia, Duhon, Godular, Greater La Habana Cuba and Miami Shores, Grenartia, Ifreann, Jack Thomas Lang, Khomney, Lady Scylla, Mystic Warriors, North Johen Ezermard, Novus America, Smartinea, The Galactic Liberal Democracy, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, Totally Not OEP

Advertisement

Remove ads