NATION

PASSWORD

Behind the Tiger's Curtain [CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Behind the Tiger's Curtain [CLOSED]

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:23 am

Image


This RP has already concluded! See the aftermath of this story here.


Sponsored By The Srivijayan Consortium




This RP is a continuation of diplomatic incidents that have occured on my (old) QnA thread. While the primary audience for this are the original constituents of the incident, all are welcome to partake.

The main idea of this RP is not really to start direct military engagements, but to plant spies, filibuster the November elections, expose scandals, and raise border conflicts. That means also, that each step in the future IC thread must be discussed in the OOC thread first. Hopefully, it'll all be narrative-based and character-based rather than a one-off conflict.

That means your objective isn't to win-- your objective is to craft a compelling story.

In a nutshell, this RP takes place real-time, revolving around miscellaneous actions conducted by nations both rivaled to or allied with the Pan-Asiatic States. Anything OOC-approved goes. Sound fun to you? Fill-up this registration form to get started!


Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Main Factbook:[/b]
[b]Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States?[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (Post a link)[/box]




Rules

1. No godmodding or metagaming. They will be dealt with extreme prejudice
2. No flaming
3. Listen to OP (Me)
4. Be realistic
5. No declarations of war may be made without OP consent
6. Bad grammar isn't nice
7. No toxicity
8. Posts must be longer than one paragraph
9. No WMDs may actually be used




This RP is partly for nation-maintenance, partly for material on my news thread. Which means, really, I don't want this RP going too far. Keep in mind that the ultimate objective of this RP is to have fun, and create interesting new lore for your nation and the Pan-Asiatic States.
Last edited by Pan-Asiatic States on Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 am, edited 16 times in total.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:30 am

Last edited by Pan-Asiatic States on Sat May 04, 2019 6:10 am, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:35 am

Nation Name: The Oberkönigreich of Anglomir
Main Factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ang ... id=1081605
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Against, obviously. :D
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443843&start=153


Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Since this RP is still heavily in the works, I'm open to suggestions for how this'll go. But here's a rough draft:

  • After the embargoes, you can try to get spies into the country to influence a growing dissent against foreign intervention.
  • If one of them is caught, the PAS government inspires the extradition of foreign nationals
  • PAS interventionists counter actions by sending revolutionary agitation of their own into the enemy countries

After which we can flex militaries, test nukes, send things into space. I'd love to hear opinions on this.


Sounds good. How do you plan on doing the embargoes, and when you say 'foreign intervention', how do you mean?
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Kjalaara
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 139
Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:36 am

Nation Name: Kjalåra
Main Factbook: WIP
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Against but they are not our main antagonist. Strategic Alliances against worse enemies would still be possible.
RP Sample: (Your own QnA!)

User avatar
The Chuck
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1165
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Right-wing Utopia

Postby The Chuck » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:38 am

Looks interesting P.A.S. though what is your stance on shadow backers and 3rd party groups? With enough subversion, it's pretty hard to pin down who is the original culprit for under the table dealings if they use 3rd party people and remain anonymous.
I use NS Stats. - Yes, a majority of my people die at 25... (we lost YET another year!)
How every house in The Chuck looks
"An armed man is a Citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
Quotes from others.
Borders of The Chuck
Finally made my own Discord. Chuck's Arms Bazaar
"I'm not a bad man but in certain situations I have to ask myself, "What would a bad man do?" -War Dogs
Guess what gun is in my flag and win a prize!
Pest Control
Ifreann and I might not see eye to eye on many political things but damn, they sure do have the Gifs for the situations! :D

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:38 am

Anglomir wrote:
Nation Name: The Oberkönigreich of Anglomir
Main Factbook: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ang ... id=1081605
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Against, obviously. :D
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=443843&start=153


Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Since this RP is still heavily in the works, I'm open to suggestions for how this'll go. But here's a rough draft:

  • After the embargoes, you can try to get spies into the country to influence a growing dissent against foreign intervention.
  • If one of them is caught, the PAS government inspires the extradition of foreign nationals
  • PAS interventionists counter actions by sending revolutionary agitation of their own into the enemy countries

After which we can flex militaries, test nukes, send things into space. I'd love to hear opinions on this.


Sounds good. How do you plan on doing the embargoes, and when you say 'foreign intervention', how do you mean?


The Pan-Asiatic States has been involved with a white-peaced war with the State of Israel, and has units deployed in several other countries. If you've surveyed the news thread lately, many locals don't approve of that, and they blame it on the vocally warmongerish Head of State, Sonya Yoon-Sook.

You can take advantage of the situation as it is by sending disguised personnel or rouge 'advisers' to the Pan-Asiatic States to coordinate with the dissenters. Maybe not really to the extent of arming them with guns, but something to the extent of political lobbying. It's also possible that you select one of the popular running candidates to endorse policies in-favor of your country's agenda against the States.

Obviously that won't go unnoticed, so expect mutual discredit.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 am

Kjalaara wrote:
Nation Name: Kjalåra
Main Factbook: WIP
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Against but they are not our main antagonist. Strategic Alliances against worse enemies would still be possible.
RP Sample: (Your own QnA!)


Nice, nice. Acknowledged.

Again, could I get some suggestions from the parties who want to subvert PAS on their course of action? Some scheduling might also be in order.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:41 am

The Chuck wrote:Looks interesting P.A.S. though what is your stance on shadow backers and 3rd party groups? With enough subversion, it's pretty hard to pin down who is the original culprit for under the table dealings if they use 3rd party people and remain anonymous.


Not always, really. Think Clinton and Russian hackers kind of third party elements. That's what I'm going for in this RP, basically.

But also with a Cold War vibe to it since Anglomir, Kjalara, and PAS have been on each other's throats in the QnA thread. Parades and small-scale mobilization without anybody getting hurt would be pretty fun.

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Again, could I get some suggestions from the parties who want to subvert PAS on their course of action? Some scheduling might also be in order.



Tactics being considered by me:

Spies, exposing scandals, fabricating fake news, propaganda, and hacking.

Perhaps implementing sleeper agents within the government, or convincing some ministers/election candidates to defect and become double agents or represent a pro-Anglo agenda.
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:13 am

Anglomir wrote:
Pan-Asiatic States wrote:Again, could I get some suggestions from the parties who want to subvert PAS on their course of action? Some scheduling might also be in order.



Tactics being considered by me:

Spies, exposing scandals, fabricating fake news, propaganda, and hacking.

Perhaps implementing sleeper agents within the government, or convincing some ministers/election candidates to defect and become double agents or represent a pro-Anglo agenda.


Sounds good, but you can't be too vocal about having them support Anglomir. For a reference of the most popular Congressional candidates consult here.

Should I get an IC Thread up yet, or do you guys need more time to prepare? If you guys have important things to do in the coming days, it'd probably best to postpone a bit.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:14 am

For entering sleeper agents and agitators, you'll want to consider sneaking them through the ports in Melanesia. That'd be a good start.

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 am

I got a test tomorrow, but after that, I think I should be okay. Maybe wait till then.
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:18 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:For entering sleeper agents and agitators, you'll want to consider sneaking them through the ports in Melanesia. That'd be a good start.


In regards to this, the main problem would be the major lack of Asian minorities in Anglomir. Would white agents be treated with higher suspicion?
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Kjalaara
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 139
Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:22 am

Anglomir wrote:
Pan-Asiatic States wrote:For entering sleeper agents and agitators, you'll want to consider sneaking them through the ports in Melanesia. That'd be a good start.


In regards to this, the main problem would be the major lack of Asian minorities in Anglomir. Would white agents be treated with higher suspicion?


Yeah I have the same question and what about your dissidents? Are there any? How willing are they to risk their lives? Would they migrate to our nations and conspire with us?
Image

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:27 am

There are actually white nationals in the PAS, so it's fine. As long as you don't move around provincial areas too long, you'll find a lot of native whites such as Germans in Qingdao; and some French in Vietnam. Extradition movements exist against them, but aren't too popular in urban areas.

As for dissent, well, it's MT, so virtual backchannels of communication exist. But yes, albeit difficult, they would, if possible, migrate.

If you want to collaborate with the more radical anti-PAS elements, the most dangerous threat is the Neo-Kuomintang Army. In the communist-dominated alternate timeline, the Neo-Kuomintang are neo-nationalists and radical libertarians fighting from the countryside. Usually they're blamed whenever something bad goes wrong. Though be wary of trusting them.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:29 am

First steps in getting them in could be the RP's kick-off. Again, you could try getting them through Melanesian ports, but you could also try exploiting Indochinese ones. You'll have to bribe a few portmasters, which I'm sure you can do.

User avatar
Kjalaara
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 139
Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:31 am

All right, sounds good. I was a bit afraid that our James Bond would end up like this five minuts after trying to seduce a low level secretary. If there are europeans I would suggest that we have placed some there already or we could begin because of the recent bad blood in the QnA?

Image

I don't want a war RP. Just saber ratteling and such. Where are the Kuomitang located?

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 am

Kjalaara wrote:All right, sounds good. I was a bit afraid that our James Bond would end up like this five minuts after trying to seduce a low level secretary. If there are europeans I would suggest that we have placed some there already or we could begin because of the recent bad blood in the QnA?

(Image)

I don't want a war RP. Just saber ratteling and such. Where are the Kuomitang located?



Yeah, yeah same; it's a rule. Well, it'd kinda be meta if you guys already had some in place. Don't worry though, I'll make it easy to get peeps bribed.

A lot of convoys are coming in and out of major ports, so it'll be easy for a few managers to edit ship manifests and data logs.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 am

IC'll probably be up in 2 or 3 days. I'd also like to see if other NSes are interested, so I hope you guys keep posted.

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 4416
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 am

Nation Name: Bruke
Main Factbook: (This is not entirely up to date, but is generally up to date for these purposes.)
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Neutral (leaning towards For)
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=455645&p=35135373#p35135373


Image
Last edited by Bruke on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Minister
 
Posts: 2694
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:54 am

Bruke wrote:
Nation Name: Bruke
Main Factbook: (This is not entirely up to date, but is generally up to date for these purposes.)
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Neutral (leaning towards For)
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=455645&p=35135373#p35135373




Hey, waddup :)

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.




Also, to everyone, my regional co-founder Samporna is a Gaddafi-Socialist state who might back the PAS; but only if directly threatened by our same aggressors.

Anglomir, Kjaalara; we may have to, for IC reasons, assume you guys also condemned Samporna, if that's okay. We might actually use this RP to bring our region from FT to MT.

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:00 am

Yep, all good. Definitely would condemn them IC - anything vaguely Arabic is despised by the Aryan government
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Bruke
Senator
 
Posts: 4416
Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bruke » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
Bruke wrote:
Nation Name: Bruke
Main Factbook: (This is not entirely up to date, but is generally up to date for these purposes.)
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Neutral (leaning towards For)
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=455645&p=35135373#p35135373




Hey, waddup :)

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.




Also, to everyone, my regional co-founder Samporna is a Gaddafi-Socialist state who might back the PAS; but only if directly threatened by our same aggressors.

Anglomir, Kjaalara; we may have to, for IC reasons, assume you guys also condemned Samporna, if that's okay. We might actually use this RP to bring our region from FT to MT.


This is a very convenient confluence, as the Royal Republic quite recently went through a surprise invasion attempt by a fascist empire (with gundam mecha robots, no less- you can imagine the mood was quite apocalyptic). Needless to say, from the Brukean perspective the States seem quite reasonable compared to the more militant and expansionist powers that have taken notice since Bruke entered the World Assembly and looked beyond West America.

I'm planning to have initial interaction through newspaper editorials from Brukean newspapers- I'll keep the date vague as I wouldn't know if this is pre or post PM Inauguration (sorry about letting that die by the way, planning to get back up to it during spring break).

User avatar
Anglomir
Envoy
 
Posts: 221
Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Anglomir » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:06 am

Initial Espionage seems to reveal Jumail Puttiray and Uncle Bo as my primary targets for indoctrinating.
How would you suggest I'd do this? Once the agents get in, getting them in touch with such people may be difficult. Furthermore, electronic transactions and phone calls are tracked, correct?
OBERKONIGREICH OF ANGLOMIR |ᛏᚺᛖ ᚴᛁᚾᚷᛞᛟᛗ ᛟᚠ ᚨᛚᛗᛟᚾᚷᛁᚱ | Portal (Home) | National Anthem
Zitravgrad wrote:"In every man, there is an animal that wishes to dominate. But in Anglomir, we are already the dominating race."

The English Regions wrote:Nationalistic and overly serious, whose idea of fun is having a beer whilst making jokes about foreigners.

Convallaria wrote:Paternalistic Conservatism with elements of theological dominionism.

Painisia wrote:Neo-fascist monarchy

Tondo Federation wrote:Germano-Nordic Vikings who drink a lot of beer and work for 40 hours a day

User avatar
Kjalaara
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 139
Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Kjalaara » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:10 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:
Bruke wrote:
Nation Name: Bruke
Main Factbook: (This is not entirely up to date, but is generally up to date for these purposes.)
Will you be For or Against the Pan-Asiatic States? Neutral (leaning towards For)
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=455645&p=35135373#p35135373




Hey, waddup :)

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.




Also, to everyone, my regional co-founder Samporna is a Gaddafi-Socialist state who might back the PAS; but only if directly threatened by our same aggressors.

Anglomir, Kjaalara; we may have to, for IC reasons, assume you guys also condemned Samporna, if that's okay. We might actually use this RP to bring our region from FT to MT.


Yes of course. That's all right. We hate all your allies and everybody who owes you money. What about assassinations of primary characters? And what about tourism. Is it possible to enter the nation on student or tourist visas from other nations?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Rhyssua, Scorpio Spikal, The United Conservative Provinces

Advertisement

Remove ads