NATION

PASSWORD

Astoria's Q&A (open)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Paradeavenlisian States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradeavenlisian States » Mon May 27, 2019 1:34 am

IC: Considering the fact that I just found out that your populace can use magic, I would like to ask: How and when did you discover magic and what abilities do magic users have?
Paradiraneami Taihou | ParadeavenlisianStates | ᚚᚐᚏᚐᚇᚔᚏᚐᚅᚓᚐᚋᚔ ᚈᚐᚔᚆᚑᚒ
MAJOR OVERHAUL ONGOING

Libumelland
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Libumelland » Mon May 27, 2019 3:15 am

Paradeavenlisian States wrote:IC: Considering the fact that I just found out that your populace can use magic, I would like to ask: How and when did you discover magic and what abilities do magic users have?

IC: And is there law to magic, e.g. it is legal to teleport food in front of you when you are hungry, but you can serve jail time (and if so removal of magic powers) by using the force to rob the national bank?
Libumelian is basically Spanish but a little altered and we added the letter ‘ć’.

PHRASE OF THE WEEK/FRASE DE LA OUÍCO
You can telegram me your phrase, and I will turn it into Libumelian!

Antidawetid: “Millennials as soldiers would be well-known for their bravery, while in fact they just want to die.” Mileñéns esolduros máide be moy notícino cua ellós bravísto, méndem enfacto ellos símpa desiré to mondoíla.”
WV73: 26th
The Principality of Libumelland
La Royaria de Libumélia
We speak our own language here. Libumelian. :)
Coletivas especa originía elingua belonia. Libumelien. :)

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ivelboria » Mon May 27, 2019 4:42 am

Partly OOC and partly IC: If you could live in your own country Astoria, where would it be and why?
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed May 29, 2019 4:34 am

Ivelboria wrote:Partly OOC and partly IC: If you could live in your own country Astoria, where would it be and why?

Err, we already have given location as to where Astoria IC-wise is, ie. in the north Atlantic Ocean. As yo why I'd live there, not only would the place be much nicer and less hotter than where I live in real life, I'd also finally experience a dream I've had since childhood.

Federal Spanish States wrote:OOC: If you could learn a language, which would one would you learn and why?

IC: "I'd like to know, what is Astoria's view on the FSS? If it's positive, would your Government consider an economic and/or defensive pact between both of our nations?" - Pablo Rodríguez de Santamaría, PM of the Federal Spanish States.

OOC: It'd probably be Chinese, as it seems that half of the products than you see round here nowadays contain not a word of English on the packaging.
IC:
'Sadly, our view is not so positive, as it has come to our notice that the nation not only is an autocracy, but also uses capital punishment, which always breaks the deal - unless of course, if you told us more about it, then we'd possibly reconsider embargoing you and your citizens from ever coming into Astoria'
-Foreign Secretary Neil Gamble

Libumelland wrote:OOC: What country do you live in and what languages do you speak?

Due to the fact that some F7 people may intrude onto this, all I'll say is to read the OOC factbook - sorry. As to what languages I speak, here's a list:
  • English
  • French
  • Malay
  • a few words of Japanese
  • Esperanto

Trinadaed wrote:IC: Our ideology is a free market capitalist libertarian democracy. How good would our relations be?

'WIP As far as we can tell from our info, the nation seems to share quite a number of similarities. And taking into account the fact that they've recently abolished the death penalty, not only would there be actual relations, but also they'd be positive as well. Plus, we might even look towards purchasing some of their defence equipment, if the need arises.'

Paradeavenlisian States wrote:IC: Considering the fact that I just found out that your populace can use magic, I would like to ask: How and when did you discover magic and what abilities do magic users have?

'Actually, though it is true that we have magic in our nation, this doesn't mean that all 70 million of us can use it. Only about a few million of us can use, or at the very least, attempt some level of magic. It was formerly known to be solely held by shamans up and down Astoria, and playing some role in a couple of classic literature until around the 1800s. As to the abilities that its users can have, it can range from simple telekinesis, to the ability to use dark matter to physically move things, big and small.'
-history teacher

Libumelland wrote:IC: And is there law to magic, e.g. it is legal to teleport food in front of you when you are hungry, but you can serve jail time (and if so removal of magic powers) by using the force to rob the national bank?

'WIP'
Last edited by -Astoria on Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Federal Spanish States
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Federal Spanish States » Fri May 31, 2019 4:30 pm

-Astoria wrote:

Ivelboria wrote:Partly OOC and partly IC: If you could live in your own country Astoria, where would it be and why?

Err, we already have given location as to where Astoria IC-wise is, ie. in the north Atlantic Ocean. As yo why I'd live there, not only would the place be much nicer and less hotter than where I live in real life, I'd also finally experience a dream I've had since childhood.

Federal Spanish States wrote:OOC: If you could learn a language, which would one would you learn and why?

IC: "I'd like to know, what is Astoria's view on the FSS? If it's positive, would your Government consider an economic and/or defensive pact between both of our nations?" - Pablo Rodríguez de Santamaría, PM of the Federal Spanish States.

OOC: It'd probably be Chinese, as it seems that half of the products than you see round here nowadays contain not a word of English on the packaging.
IC:
'Sadly, our view is not so positive, as it has come to our notice that the nation not only is an autocracy, but also uses capital punishment, which always breaks the deal - unless of course, if you told us more about it, then we'd possibly reconsider embargoing you and your citizens from ever coming into Astoria'

Libumelland wrote:OOC: What country do you live in and what languages do you speak?

Due to the fact that some F7 people may intrude onto this, all I'll say is to read the OOC factbook - sorry. As to what languages I speak, here's a list:
  • English
  • French
  • Malay
  • a few words of Japanese
  • Esperanto

Trinadaed wrote:IC: Our ideology is a free market capitalist libertarian democracy. How good would our relations be?

'WIP As far as we can tell from our info, the nation seems to share quite a number of similarities. And taking into account the fact that they've recently abolished the death penalty, not only would there be actual relations, but also they'd be positive as well. Plus, we might even look towards purchasing some of their defence equipment, if the need arises.'

'Actually, though it is true that we have magic in our nation, this doesn't mean that all 70 million of us can use it. Only about a few million of us can use, or at the very least, attempt some level of magic. It was formerly known to be solely held by shamans up and down Astoria, and playing some role in a couple of classic literature until around the 1800s. As to the abilities that its users can have, it can range from simple telekinesis, to the ability to use dark matter to physically move things, big and small.'
-history teacher

Libumelland wrote:IC: And is there law to magic, e.g. it is legal to teleport food in front of you when you are hungry, but you can serve jail time (and if so removal of magic powers) by using the force to rob the national bank?

'WIP'

Ah, a reminder to finally do a "Canon Policies" factbook. Nice.
/skip
Yesn't signature.
The consequences of the creation of NSG have been disastrous for NS as a whole. NSG Delenda Est.
Apparently, the guy who coined the term "Drewpocalypse". No longer active on this account, has moved on to Foehn Paramilitary Regions.
- Yesn't is the only legal way to say no. Change my mind.
- You ever mod your nation's flag into a game just for a dumb idea? Yeah...
- The Spanish keyboard layout is underrated.
- henlo.
- How to avoid getting summerposted on F7

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:30 am

Don't worry, we're not going anywhere : the Q&A is still open!
Tavkvoduv, uħvu nhiv koklav ankaov : ar-Q&A kħuki naddiħ!
- .- ...- -.- ...- --- -.. ..- ...- --..-- / ..- .... ...- ..- / -. .... .. ...- / -.- --- -.- .-.. .- ...- / .- -. -.- .- --- ...- / ---... / .- .-. -....- --.- .-... .- / -.- .... ..- -.- .. / -. .- -.. -.. .. .... -.-.--

Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

mit zuckerguß

Memenferno
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Memenferno » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:35 am

OOC: In which do you spend more time, -Astoria or Astoriya?
This dummy nation's main goal is to sell and gift cards.
J U S T K E E P O N B U Y I N G C A R D S.
I dare you to not check out my cards for sale!
My NERVUN card is not for sale!

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

Memenferno wrote:OOC: In which do you spend more time, -Astoria or Astoriya?

[OOC: That's a very obvious question - answer, this one, of course.]

Jul 21, 2020

mit zuckerguß

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:34 am

RE: Astoria

"I realize that Astoria does not have much demand for weapons advancement and military mobilization, but it may be good to keep an arsenal handy. Might we suggest purchasing small-arms and APCs from us?

On that note, what is your nation's official stance on the Pan-Asiatic States' aggressive military build-up and the March 25 Uprising? We've gotten much media attention for it, but not as much from Astorian outlets. On one hand, we have to protect ourselves from political subversion, on the other hand, I hear your nation is very supportive of civil liberties. I'm curious as to how far your morals go."

NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:47 am

Bump.

Jul 21, 2020

mit zuckerguß

Pan-Asiatic States
Senator

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 am

Pan-Asiatic States wrote:-snip-

uhhh... bump?
NEWS (12/24) (All)
Last Action (12/18)
Trade with us!
{_{__}_}
(☉_(✹‿✹)_⚆)

PAN-ASIATIC STATES
RPs I'm In: (1) (2) (3) (4)
Puppet(s): Hintuwan
NO-ONE FIGHTS ALONE! JOIN ESCB  TWI  ISC  ISVC TODAY!

Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapporo Hyperspace Riftgate Laboratory » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:11 am

OOC: Is Astoria on Earth?
IC: "Could Astoria join the fight against the tyrants that took control of Terra?"
TEMPORARILY USING NSTATS DUE TO LACK OF FACTBOOKS, BUT I'M JUDGING YOU (F7ERS) BY YOUR FACTBOOKS.
<< TERRAN INTERSTELLAR ADMINISTRATION >>
Adminyztrasyn Vilstityr Rasyn

THEMES: Peace | Tension | War | Victory | Defeat | National Anthem
NATIONAL Q&A
"For a vast majority of its existence, mankind dreamed to reach the stars. Yet today, reaching the stars is made a reality through joint endeavor."
- Operations Director of the T.I.A., Hilbert Lachlan Silverwell

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information