NATION

PASSWORD

The West Wing | IC Thread [Cobalt Network Sponsored]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The West Wing | IC Thread [Cobalt Network Sponsored]

Postby Chewion » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:29 pm

The West Wing - The First Year
A White House Political Roleplay

"Sometimes I wake at night in the White House and rub my eyes and wonder if it is not all a dream." - Grover Cleveland

WEST WING OOC - OOC Thread
WEST WING RP THEME - Theme
ROLEPLAY OPS - OP - Chewion | CO-OP - Granluras
SPECIAL EVENT TEAM - Chewion and Granluras

At the Heart of Mighty D.C. lies the most chaotic workplace in the World. Every day hundreds of federal employees scurry through the countless corridors of the powerful building. It is a great hub of power, of freedom, of republicanism. The core of America and of American politics. Seat of the might of the President, of his political machine, of the executive government. This political fortress, is The West Wing.

You, the player, are now allowed to take command of one of the hundreds of various positions in the White House Office and Executive Office of the President, intertwined with the halls of the West Wing. From the chieftain, the President, to the nonentities in the backdrop, the aides and body men, the vast realm of the American Executive is now at your disposal.

Welcome to the West Wing.

West Wing Roleplay Rules

• The OP’s and the CO-OP’s words are law. Follow them.
  • Don’t use real characters, we’re here for fun not legal trouble. Also, all major political personalities post-Reagan are non-existent, so don’t refer to people like Bush or Obama.
  • Try to post a couple times a week, and if you’re not going to be able to post for a while please alert the OP or CO-OP.
  • Make some IC effort. We are more lenient than most, here, but do try to put some effort into your IC posts. Try to keep one-liners to a minimum, though they are fine if in a conversation.
  • Respect your fellow players. Don’t be rude unnecessarily or excessively.
  • No Dues Mechanica or Marty Stu characters. This roleplay is intended to be realistic, and being perfect is not a realistic attribute.
  • Once you've made an IC post, leave it. Tweaks to formatting are all right, but don't try to change what you've already put down, especially if it has already been responded to.
  • If you are unsure if a certain action is against the rules consult the OP or CO-OP.
  • You may play up to four characters, but don’t apply for a second/third/etc. character until you make three posts (not including conversation replies).
  • Assassination attempts are not allowed, or any physical force towards another character. However, if you and the targeted character both agree then you can talk to the OP and CO-OP and receive approval.
  • No metagaming.
  • This is more of a general statement than a rule, but events such as foreign crises/domestic terrorism/political scandals/etc. are planned by the "Special Event Team", which as of Feburary, 2019 is made up of Chewion and Granluras.
  • Keep OOC comments in the OOC thread. All OOC comments will be deleted.
  • Keep things PG-13, as this is a PG-13 website and roleplay.
  • Notify the OP or CO-OP before leaving the roleplay.

West Wing Post Templates

[code]
[img]TWITTER%20PFP[/img]

USERNAME
@username

TEXT

RETWEETSFAVORITE
# OF RETWEETS# OF FAVORITES

X:XX AM/PM - DAY MONTH YEAR

@/Hashtag @XXX

West Wing IC Date Range
FEBRUARY 4, 2017

Last edited by Chewion on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Intro

Postby Chewion » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 pm

The First Meeting

The Carter Presidency had turned two weeks old on this day. While fourteen Days might not sound like much time for anything to happen to the average Joe, considering this is the White House. Dozens of things had already landed on the desk of the President, and the Carter Presidency proved its ability at responding to all or most of it. Early in the morning of today, the Fourth of February, the Office of the President sent a message out to the senior staff and Cabinet informing them to come to the Roosevelt Room for a high-priority meeting.

Today, the Carter administration would melt to draft its policy outline speech for the First Hundred Days. Statements and promises regarding healthcare, immigration, economics, foreign policy, etc. would be decided on in this meeting. It would the first major meeting of the administration, and of the entire central administration of the President.
Last edited by Chewion on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Robo-Nixon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Robo-Nixon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Estella Blum, White House Principal Deputy Chief of Staff.

The commotion in the West Wing corridors intensified with each hour during the morning, and to Estella Blum, her office felt like an inner sanctum of sorts were marginal tranquility existed. The whiteboard with which she instructed her staff and kept track of the many duties that came with the job hanged steadily on the windowless wall, ergonomically complemented by her small personal bookshelf. It most notably contained a series of books on traditional statistical methods, a few assortments on varying schools of philosophy and most disturbingly, that parenting book she’d procrastinated reading for nearly a year.

The whiteboard contents had grown more and more compact over the last days, starting of as a simple skeleton describing the action plan for the first hundred days and evolving into a complex web of policies, their obstacles and how to overcome them.

“Deputy Chief of Staff Estella Blum, good morning.”

The title ran off her lips smoothly by now, and she enjoyed saying it. She had barely touched the archaic IP phone on her desk and in all honesty, she was unsure about whether any of her coworkers ever did. Nevertheless, she had decided to take her call through the internal network and pressed the cumbersome device against her ear.

"Good morning Mrs. Blum, this is Christopher Bluford from the Crossover Research Group. It's about the media survey."

She remembered him. During the transition process, Estella Blum had participated in the group tasked with preparing the strategy for how to implement the core promises made during the 2016 campaign. Since day 1, she had conveyed the view that the key to success in passing legislation that would get the President re-elected would be sustained control of the national political debate and a net approval rating with independent voters. If Democrats wouldn’t be able to mobilize their base and independents against the administration by the midterms, Carter would have averted a significant threat. In order to sway over independents or keep them on the fence in the least, the President’s relations with establishment media would require a degree of stability. To make her argument convincing, she’d commissioned a poll, aiming to figure out the extent to which independents trust the major news networks.

“Perfect. Did you get my sample size email?”

“I did, and I think 1,000 is perfectly doable. The tricky part is making sure that we can find enough independents. As for questions, do you have any specific requests or should my team base them around our previous discussion?”

She instinctively reached for her notepad and pen, placing them in her lap while cradling the phone between her shoulder and ear.

“I actually have specific requests, and I’d love to run them through with you.”

A staffer gently knocked on the door standing ajar, displaying a reassuringly thin pile of paper. She pointed towards the tray on her desk and waved him in, giving him a thumbs up before he left.

“Alright, go ahead Estella.”

The call dragged on for a few minutes, with an interruption or two on Estella’s end, but nothing that stopped her from filling the blue notepad with bullet-pointed questionnaire phrases. Putting it back on its attentively chosen home just right of the computer mouse, she spent the next minutes going through the papers brought. She read them while eating the chia seed pudding she’d prepared while her daughter Clara had eaten breakfast this morning, making sure to check her wrist watch with some frequence in order to disallow much time passing.

The watch hadn’t been necessary. Both her phone and a staffer reminded her that Cabinet was about to convene, so she packed the box that had contained the bland chia pudding back into the bag. The walk to the Roosevelt room was, like all other distances traversed in the West Wing, drawn out - but short. Once there, she found junior staffers busy making sure each seat by the table had one of the identical leather folders placed in front of them and that seating assignments were placed out.

She took the leather folder placed at her seat and double checked that the contents were correct. The papers outlined the President’s agenda for the first hundred days, not only containing the foremost parts of key election promises but the strategies the staff had devised to achieve them. Satisfied, she placed it back where she found it and small talked with the staffers, waiting in the meeting and preparing to greet the Cabinet members as they entered. A tray with coffee, tea, sugar, milk and milk was placed on a small table in the corner, with one staffer ready to serve it.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Jamie L. Whitten Building, Washington D.C.

Bull Grassley was sat looking over the document that had been compiled in anticipation of the meeting, as he looked over it, he was notified that he was to go to the White House.

"Well, I'd best be heading there now." Secretary Grassley said as he lifted his large frame from behind the desk and slowly walked out to a waiting car, still reading over the document in his mind as he went.

After getting in, Grassley noticed that the Deputy Secretary was sat next to him in the car.

"I'm assuming that you got the message than, Sir?" The Deputy Secretary asked.

"Well, if I'm getting in an automobile for the White House I darn sure hope I got the message." Grassley replied, with a humorous hint.

"Yes Sir, so you know what to bring up?"

"Yes, close some of the offices in the counties where we don't need them, reduce the power of the EPA to encourage the growth of farming and to put tariffs on agricultural goods that those commies over in Beijing keep making."

"Sir, are you sure that's wise? I mean if the President were to follow that advice there is the risk that a trade war could occur and the US economy is negatively affected." The Deputy Secretary replied.

"Look, I know what I need to do, putting tariffs on Chinese goods will benefit the economy and preserver and create jobs for American farmers and puts Beijing back in their place and that's that." Grassley replied forcefully as the vehicle ground to a halt near the White House.

"As you say then, Sir." The Deputy Secretary muttered as Grassley exited the vehicle and went into the White House.

The White House, Washington D.C.

Shortly after his arrival, Grassley walked through the endless corridors of the West Wing before reaching the entrance to the Roosevelt Room, he paused as he had a final glance at the document.

"Now, let's go." Grassley said to himself before opening the door, as he entered he noticed the White House Principal Deputy Chief of Staff, Ms. Blum and promptly greeted her.

"Good morning, Ms. Blum, how are you?" Secretary Grassley asked as he sat down.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Jack Rogers
“Mmm hmm… Yes… I’ll try to be home early tonight honey but I can’t make any promises… uh huh… I’m sorry honey, but that’s what I can promise…I have to get back to work, I’ll talk to you later honey. Goodbye.” Jack said after finishing a phone call with his wife. Jack was laying pretty casually in his office, feet up on desk, and laying back. He had been there that day mainly to just check on the White House social media, and over viewing some press releases before they were released. He then checked his email real quickly and saw an E-Mail from the president, telling him to go to the roosevelt room for a meeting on the outline for the first 100 days speech.

Jack then got up and rushed to the meeting, taking a notepad, his mobile phone, and his laptop with him. His secretary stopping on the way out. “The principal of Pam’s school is on the line.” Jack sighed for a second “Tell him to talk to Elaine, I’m a bit busy right now.” His secretary continued “I’m telling you, Jack, this seems pretty importa-.” Jack interrupted angrily “I need to get to the president, Jane, now tell him to talk to Elaine.” He then began to walk out the door, telling his secretary on the way out “No excuses!”

Walking down the hall in a brisk manner, Jack was wondering what kind of trouble his daughter had gotten into at school, or if she had gotten into any trouble at all in the end. Jack was starting to calm down from the last exchange with his secretary, he had accidentally run into a white house intern, and ended up tripping on his face. “Hey watch it, moron!” He screamed at the intern, getting up and walking to the roosevelt room as fast as he could.

Jack walked up to the Roosevelt Rooms door. Taking a second to breathe and calm down before he went into the room. “Your about to speak to the president, Jack, calm down.” Jack said to himself, taking a couple of deep breaths before calming himself down. “You got this, Jack, you got this.” Jack then proceeded to look at his phone before going into the room, seeing a text from Elaine, saying “Where are you!?!” He put away his phone before he got angrier and walked into the room.

Jack walked into the room, seeing a series of binders lined up across the seats, each probably containing important notes. He went to the seat labeled “Director of Communications Jack Rogers.” He layed his stuff down at his seat, and proceeded to check out the room. The Deputy Chief of Staff had arrived, as well as Bull. He had barely gotten to know her over the last couple of weeks, but he felt like that could be done later. Jack hadn’t gotten to know Bull, either, but felt like he already had known him through seeing him a couple of times via the presidents time in congress. For the meantime, Jack just sat down and waited for the meeting to begin.
Last edited by Helowi on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018

Postby Granluras » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Office of the White House Chief, White House - 12:57 PM - February 4, 2017

Richard was seated behind his desk; the several separate stacks of paperwork on it, and his open laptop which was clogged with nine open tabs. He flipped between each tab, wrote down notes on Word in another window, and at the same time he was also on the phone. It would be a difficult task for most people, but most people did not work in the White House. Also, they did not have a decade of experience in the role of Chief of Staff, congressional and presidential. He was on the phone with Senator Connor Gayle, the Senior Senator of Michigan and Chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security. They were going over whether the Subcommittee would provide an appropriations bill for the President’s planned immigration policies.

“Connor, I’m looking at the numbers right here. The President wants to create a more modern and properly guarded border wall at major crossing zones, and simply upgrade and electrify the fencing elsewhere. Several think tanks, which are conservative, liberal, and bipartisan in nature, put the annual maintenance costs of this new border system will only be $45 million more. However, the DHS says no matter how they reappropiate their budget, they always come up one to four million short. We need your Subcommittee to draft an appropriations bill which gives us that.” Richard said, reading from his Word document and one of its bulletin lists.

“It’s not a matter of the cost, Richard, it’s a matter of the Democrats and the collective campaign promise of the Committee to our constituents. We promised we wouldn’t raise the federal budget, but cut unnecessary parts of it, and would give millions of tax-dollars back to them.” Senator Gayle replied.

“Four million dollars, the maximum amount we’ll need, translates to three cents for every taxpayer in the country. What is your point?” Richard barked, exasperated at the inexplicable resistance of the Senator.

“I...well...Richard will you j—“ The Senator started to speak, but Richard interrupted him.

“Ah crap,” he said under his breath, “Connor, I have a high priority meeting in like...three minutes. I’m going to cut this short. But I’m going to leave this to you: your constituents are from Michigan’s 4th. An R+10 district. They’ll turn out money for the border like they would for an usher. I’ll talk to you later. Good day.” Richard said, hanging up the phone and relishing in the few moments of quite he now had.

“Yay!” He said giddily to himself, considering that a definite victory. He looked over at the clock, he had used the meeting as an excuse, but as it turned out he did only have a few minutes to get to the Roosevelt Room.

He jumped up, collected three binders that contained paperwork related to this meeting, and rushed out of his office. He said hello to the staffers he passed, and rounded the corner recklessly - bumping into two staffers, taking the time apologize to them - and walked into the Roosevelt Room, falling into his seat to the left of the President’s.

He collected his breath and looked at everyone that was gathered so far.

“Hi.” He said with a gleeful smile to them all.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Granluras wrote:
Office of the White House Chief, White House - 12:57 PM - February 4, 2017

(Image)

Richard was seated behind his desk; the several separate stacks of paperwork on it, and his open laptop which was clogged with nine open tabs. He flipped between each tab, wrote down notes on Word in another window, and at the same time he was also on the phone. It would be a difficult task for most people, but most people did not work in the White House. Also, they did not have a decade of experience in the role of Chief of Staff, congressional and presidential. He was on the phone with Senator Connor Gayle, the Senior Senator of Michigan and Chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Homeland Security. They were going over whether the Subcommittee would provide an appropriations bill for the President’s planned immigration policies.

“Connor, I’m looking at the numbers right here. The President wants to create a more modern and properly guarded border wall at major crossing zones, and simply upgrade and electrify the fencing elsewhere. Several think tanks, which are conservative, liberal, and bipartisan in nature, put the annual maintenance costs of this new border system will only be $45 million more. However, the DHS says no matter how they reappropiate their budget, they always come up one to four million short. We need your Subcommittee to draft an appropriations bill which gives us that.” Richard said, reading from his Word document and one of its bulletin lists.

“It’s not a matter of the cost, Richard, it’s a matter of the Democrats and the collective campaign promise of the Committee to our constituents. We promised we wouldn’t raise the federal budget, but cut unnecessary parts of it, and would give millions of tax-dollars back to them.” Senator Gayle replied.

“Four million dollars, the maximum amount we’ll need, translates to three cents for every taxpayer in the country. What is your point?” Richard barked, exasperated at the inexplicable resistance of the Senator.

“I...well...Richard will you j—“ The Senator started to speak, but Richard interrupted him.

“Ah crap,” he said under his breath, “Connor, I have a high priority meeting in like...three minutes. I’m going to cut this short. But I’m going to leave this to you: your constituents are from Michigan’s 4th. An R+10 district. They’ll turn out money for the border like they would for an usher. I’ll talk to you later. Good day.” Richard said, hanging up the phone and relishing in the few moments of quite he now had.

“Yay!” He said giddily to himself, considering that a definite victory. He looked over at the clock, he had used the meeting as an excuse, but as it turned out he did only have a few minutes to get to the Roosevelt Room.

He jumped up, collected three binders that contained paperwork related to this meeting, and rushed out of his office. He said hello to the staffers he passed, and rounded the corner recklessly - bumping into two staffers, taking the time apologize to them - and walked into the Roosevelt Room, falling into his seat to the left of the President’s.

He collected his breath and looked at everyone that was gathered so far.

“Hi.” He said with a gleeful smile to them all.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Chief of Staff." Grassley replied.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:47 pm

En route to the White House - 12:54 PM - February 4, 2017

Norman sat quietly in the back of the car taking him to the White House. In the cabin of the car he was surrounded by four other people, one of which was Kevin Hood (Executive Secretary of the the DoD), Hamilton Nguyen (Assistant Secretary of Defense for Legislative Affairs), and two guards from Norman's security detail from the Army Criminal Investigation Command. Both Hamilton and Kevin were babbling copious amounts of pages of DoD agenda and interests to the SecDef, which they expected him to relay to the President and his speechwriters/staffers for his First Hundred Days speech. Norman had no idea why they did this, as he and the entire military community knew damn well Norman was an independent force of nature and spoke for his own agenda. He was not paying attention to their babble, and instead just stared out of the tinted windows and waited for the view of the White House to come.

"I know you're a new driver, so just to let you know thats the White House." Norman said to the driver, speaking through the opening in the window separating the cabin from the driver's side of the car.

A quiet laugh spread through the car.

"So, you understand everything we've told you, Mister Secretary?" Hamilton asked Norman, the hopeful look on his face making it seem as if he actually thought Norman had listened this time around.

"Yup." Norman said, turning his lapel pin and adjusting his tie as the west gate of the White House came closer.

The moment the car was cleared by the checkpoint guards and drove onto the South Lawn driveway, Norman hopped out without clearance from his detail and approached the ground floor entrance of the Executive Residence. The two ACIC guards jumped out and began calling after the SecDef, but he turned around at them and smiled.

"Sorry boys, I'm under their protection now." He said, motioning towards the four USSS agents that had just crawled out of the openings of the White House.

Norman turned and greeted the four Secret Service agents, and they returned the greeting. However, as Norman approached the door to the South Entrance of the Executive Residence, another car pulled in from the east gate of the White House South Lawn. From it stepped out the Secretary of Education, who waved towards Norman.

"Aye there Norman, how ya' doin'!?" Anthony shouted, walking up to Norman and shaking his hand.

"I'm doing mighty fine, Anthony, mighty fine." Norman replied.

"Ya ready for dis meeting?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, I know what I want to talk about in it." Norman said, thinking over his own topics and not the pre-planned ones of the DoD.

Anthony smiled and ushered to the agents that he was ready to go in, and they escorted the two throughout the grounds of the White House, through the Press Briefing Room and Press Offices, and down the hallway which at the end of sat the Oval Office on the left, and the Roosevelt Room on the right.

"Ah, here we are." Norman said, setting his eyes upon the ajar door of the Roosevelt Room gladly. He turned to the Secret Service detail following him. "You're relieved."

He entered the room with Anthony and sat at the third chair down from the President, in accordance to the line of succession (which he always sat himself according to, and which the White House Office of Protocols had began to work around since January 20). Anthony sat two chairs to the right of Norman. He was not close to anyone in particular, other than Norman, but was within earshot of Jack Rogers, a man who he didn't particularly like - as he reminded him of an Anthony Tangrone who didn't make it to Pemberton.

Both Anthony and Norman, both senior gentlemen, groaned, stretched their old legs, and cracked their knuckles. Anthony took out his Manila folders and agenda-book and spread them out in front of him. Independent Norman didn't take anything out, and just sat in his chair, arms crossed, waiting for the President. The silence of the room was broken by Richard Liebhaber, who came tumbling in soon after and plopped himself down at the chair to the immediate left of the President.

"Hi." He said to everyone.

"Hello." Norman said quietly.

"Good afternoon, Richard." Anthony said to Richard.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Blake White, The White House

"Shit, shit, shit." White mumbled. The Cabinet meeting was in a few minutes, and yet, here he was, still fumbling around with papers in his office. With a final sigh, he took what he had on him and put it into his brief case. Looking at the clock, he had a minute or two tops before it was due to start. Knocking back an Advil for his back pain ( a token of his tour in Grenada), he hustled out of the office to the Roosevelt Room. Years into his career and he still couldn't judge what time he needed to leave.
Nodding to a few people on his way there, he was thankful that not many other people were there already.
"Looks like I'm not the only dodging a bullet this late, eh?" He said, barging in and seeing the Chief of Staff getting comfortable, along with his Deputy, among other people just settling in. He set this stuff down and took his place at the table and began waiting for the meeting to begin.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 pm

West Wing, The White House

Buzzzz

Katie glanced down at her phone before picking it up and placing it safely in her pocket. It was the second reminder that she had set to remind her about the cabinet meeting. I suppose I better get a move on, she thought as she picked up her array of items and placed them in her document holder. Standing up from her well-kept desk, Katie took one last look around to make sure she had everything. Pen, paper, documents, phone. With the mental checklist complete, she left her office.

Taking a look at her watch again, she began walking with a brisk pace, not wanting to be late for the meeting. She had definitely lost a bit of weight with all this walking, that and she had skipped a few meals this month, nearly giving the impression that she was malnourished. It wouldn't hurt to put a bit more meat on these bones, she thought while looking down at her watch for the second time. While deep in thought another buzz departed from her phone. She took a look at the screen when another notification popped up.

"1 New Text from Joseph" The display read.

He can wait. Katie thought as she turned off her phone before entering Roosevelt Room. She gave a quick smile to everyone as she entered and took her seat.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Victoria Ryder- Press Secretary

The past two weeks have been what can only be considered busy for busy for Victoria. She had been thrown to the wolves of the Media every day, having to answer for the administration that in some practical cases, hasn't been able to act. It's been what one could consider insane, but that wasn't always a bad thing. She had gone through her daily press briefing with the Press, so she was going through information from other parts of the Government, compiling information for the press.

As she sat in her office, she had a few personal things. To her right was a picture of her and her dog, and to her left there was a picture of her parents. Practically speaking, she was more available to help the administration considering her family was all the way in Texas. No one to keep up late waiting for her at night. No husband, no boyfriend, definitely not any kids. As it stood, those kinds of things may have just gotten in her way, but it wasn't very surprising her parents may have thought different. As she worked, another one of her personal staff came up to her, landing a folder of information.

She looked at it, before looking at the person who gave it to her. “Thanks James, I was just about to ask for this.” She said, her shrugging. “No problem boss. Gotta keep ahead of the Media, after all. You do your thing.” Nodding in response, he took his leave. She began flipping through the reports, before a nice little ping came up on her computer. Redirecting her attention to the computer, she could see their king had summoned them. “Alright Mr. President, so it's begun, huh?” She said, mostly to herself.

Getting up, and taking her tablet, a notepad, and a pen, she made her way out her office, and down the corridors of the White House. Twisting and turning through white house staff, she finally reached the Roosevelt room. Seeing everyone, she waved, saying “Hello everyone!” Cheerfully before taking her own seat.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Romanussia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Romanussia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:48 pm

The West Wing, The White House

A man stares off past his office window and studies the nice green grass and field around him, followed by the trademark streets and edifices of urban areas, as residents in the distance hurry off to their normal occupation or for others simply to some destination; some go eagerly, others lethargically. This is the atmosphere, the environment that surrounds one of the most important residences in the country, and in this case, the world. A sumptuous and grandiose residence, with fabulous architecture and magnificent halls and rooms.

This is the White House, placed in the folds of the capital of the United States, Washington D.C., and this is in its renowned section, the West Wing. Here lies a distracted and nervous Richard Cowley.

None other than the Vice President of this nation, the second-in-command and second-in-line, one of the main executives. There he is, just staring. But beyond the surface, the blank expression on his face, his brain is going a thousand miles per hour, sorting itself out and attempting to put his many thoughts into a semblance of something organized and coordinated. This wasn't the first time he'd been like this. Really, ever since he got into a respectable stature in a position of seniority, his mind would be racing with all of his worries and plans, but more especially, it had happened when what was him and his pleasant golfing pal turned into the people elected into the two highest positions in all the land. To be fair, he had all the reason to be so distraught, and even more so with his bold and outspoken personality, that can come across as impulsive and rude sometimes. It was quite imperative that he prepare and take caution for the upcoming event.

He thought of the texts he sent to his wife and son, thinking of how they had wished him luck and sent messages of how affairs were back at home, that they had gone for a hike with friends and had watched a movie later. He smiled, thinking of how reluctant and moody his teenage son Julian must've been to go out into the woods, but from what he heard, he seemed to have enjoyed it anyway.

His grin faded as he finally broke his long stare, spinning around in his chair and blinking a couple of times before looking down at the papers spilled all over his desk.

He squinted, looking at the words he had scribbled down on the page so far and soon recollected himself. He rifled through them before finally getting them in order, rotating them and flipping them until they were in some form of order and then skimming through and checking them all attentively. He was a very meticulous person and had to make sure that he was absolutely ready for the meeting that was planned.

His eyes widened. The meeting!

As he got carried away and lost in all his thoughts and focus, he had forgotten that the meeting was going to start quite soon. He looked at his watched and jerked forward, getting up from his chair with a start. He rushed out of his office and navigated his way to the Roosevelt Room, the place he was told this was all taking place. He twisted and turned before finally approaching its doors, and hurried in. There, he was met by a crowd of politicians, each shaking hands and having their own conversations. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and continued on into the room.

He was approached by a handful of Congressmen, as and greeted them and engaged in small discussions, as Cowley gradually made his way through the room. That was when he settled himself in and patiently awaited the President, reminding himself of and reviewing over the papers he had made for this occasion in his head.
The Kingdom of Romanussia
A nation based in the present inhabited by a more latinized Romanian culture ruled by a constitutional monarchy shrouded in a vivid and detailed history and armed with a disciplined and modernized military.
Capital: Traiana | Currency: Koson | Demonym: Romanus/Romanian

RNN: General elections proclaim Dacian Ciolos as new premier of Romanussia's legislature | Romanussia national under-21 soccer team wins its first UEFA Championship over Spain in the final | Romanus navy recieves first shipment of new equipment since its overhaul was approved by the General Staff | The Acordul calls for its next cooperative research operation

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

As the Vice President entered, Richard - and everyone who had arrived so far - stood up for him. When the Vice President sat down, to the immediate left of the President’s seat and beside Richard, Richard turned to the VPOTUS.

“Good afternoon, sir. Good to see you.” Richard said to...the other Richard, crossing his legs.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Senate Majority Leader Malcolm Allen
Roosevelt Room

Allen was eager for the meeting. Perhaps eager was understating... he had been waiting 8 years for this, 8 years he had been on defense. Keeping the country from swinging too far left, he took flak for his tactics and some of it was deserved but with this it would all be worth it.

Allen entered the Roosevelt Room and surveyed the individuals already inside. A whose who of Washington politics, a few too many dems in the cabinet for his personal tastes but Carter wanted to be inclusive. It couldn't hurt if they stuck to their lane, the problems would arise if they tried to impose themselves in matters that didn't concern them.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:11 am

Master Bedroom. Presidential Sweet, Executive Residence - 12:52 AM

Ryan sat on the couch inside the master bedroom of the master suite. He and the first lady had just finished lunch and she went off to freshen up or do whatever women spent a lifetime in the bathroom doing. On the TV played Fox News which was airing a debate between a few people over what his 100 days policies would be. The fact that these people and many others were debating over him was still surreal to Carter. Leaning forward he put his hands on his head and rubbed his temples as he thought through the upcoming meeting he had with staff all the while hoping his wife would be out before he had to leave.

Luckily for Ryan, Olivia only took a few minutes to make some cursory touch-ups to her face. She put on some makeup, tied back her hair, and put on her rose lipstick. She walked out of the bathroom and watched Ryan for a few moments, telling he was watching the news and getting himself pent up. She walked over to him, took the remote and turned off the television.

“Don’t get yourself worked up before the meeting, Ryan.” She said, putting down the remote and sitting beside Ryan.

Ryan smiled and nodded before giving her a kiss and saying "I know, but they're right. This will be one of the most important things I ever do. A lot riding on today. Anyways what do you have going my dear?"

“Oh, I’m just meeting with the gals from the NFRW. Might be good to get their support for your First Hundred Days. Key demographic we are.” Olivia replied, motioning to herself with her hand at her last statement.

"Are you suggesting you and they are already not behind my policies? Is there insubordination in my own home?" He said giving her a humorous smile and slight chuckle.

“If you wanna fight I’ll invite my parents from Ohio.” She joked in response, laughing and standing back up head over to the door and slip on two shoes.

Ryan smiled before saying "Do that and I'll make the FAA ground every plane." Getting up with her he moved to a mirror and took his tie attempting to tie it perfectly but not being satisfied with it so undoing it in anger.

“Seven years I’ve been married to you and you still don’t know how to do this.” She sighed, walking up to Ryan and helping adjust his tie properly.

Using the moment for another kiss he replied: "Or maybe I just use it as an excuse to kiss you." Smiling he returned to the couch with his shoes before slipping them on. Turning to look back up at his wife he said: "So will the NFRW be standing behind me on these policies?"

“Well, I think they should be on board with a majority of them. Most of them, and don’t tell them this, are Christian housewives with several kids named after patriarchs. They’ll probably focus more on educational and economic policies. I’ve peeked at your planned policies for each, and I think they’ll be ok with them.” Olivia answered, tugging at her cufflinks and considering her outfit done.

Smiling Ryan replied, "You're a Christian Housewife with a couple of kids and you care about a lot of policies." Standing up he slipped don his jacket and made sure his American Flag pin was correct before saying "How do I look m'lady?"

“Fine, I find you very handsome. As will Richard.” She said smugly, opening the door of the suite.

Ryan bit his lip before saying "Not funny dear." Walking out he caught up to her and gently turned her head to his giving her a quick kiss before saying "Dinner with the kids tonight still right?"

“Yup, I already discussed the meal plan with Chef Buffay.” She answered.

Walking away he turned around and stopped before saying "One day you'll have to cook again. I miss the taste of your meatloaf."

“Fingers crossed for a Democratic Presidency then.” She joked, prodding at Ryan’s political sensitivity. “See you later, good luck with the meeting.”

Ryan smiled before saying "If I get shot will you make meatloaf? I hear the cut back on our schedules in that case."

She smiled softly. “You’re lucky I find you funny at least.” She said. “Goodbye.”

She walked off and rounded the corner into the nearby stairwell, vanishing out of sight.

Ryan smiled as he finished up before heading down the stairs himself. Eventually making his way to the West Wing via the West Colonnade, he entered into the Oval Office and grabbed some papers. Time to be President. he thought before walking out.

Roosevelt Room - 1:07 PM

Carter smiled and shook the hands of several staffers as he made his way from the Oval to the Roosevelt Room. Reaching it he entered smiling as everyone stood before he said: "Thank you all for being here today." Making his way to his seat he sat down before continuing "These first one hundred days will be the most important moments of my administration. And looking around the room and this sorry bunch of loser, I couldn't be happier knowing we will be successful." Smiling at his own clear joke he continued saying "These past eight years have been rough. Now we have a chance to fix that and fix it the right way. I believe starting today in this very room we can embark upon a grand journey over these next eight years and, God willing, restore our nation to the strength and prestige from which it has been pulled from over the years."

Looking around the room he turned to his Chief of Staff before saying "Richard, I believe you have the meeting agenda. Where do we start?"

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:41 am

Richard poured over the binder he had taken with him. Richard had put several different topics in order, and the first of them was about healthcare. He browsed his notes regarding it, recognized the key points, and cleared his throat.

“Ok, so. First off I think it’s important to cover healthcare. Estella ran a poll through Crossover Research, polling several thousand Americans from across the country and political spectrum. The question was what subject was most important to them. Healthcare ranked as the most important, 49% of Democrats wanting to see a healthcare reform, 58% of Republicans wanted to see a healthcare reform, and 52% of Independents wanting to see a healthcare reform, with an average of 53%. So...yeah...I suggest we start there.”
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Robo-Nixon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Robo-Nixon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:29 am

"That's page seven for you all."

Estella opened the binder in front of her and browsed through the few first pages, stopping at the relevant page.

"It's not news to any of us that the majority of American voters support Medicare for all, but we shouldn't let that premise stand in the way of our legislative agenda. The survey conducted found that terms like efficiency and patient choice are both viewed favorably, overwhelmingly so among our base but also the majority of voters overall as you can see right here."

She held up her paper to demonstrate, particularly in the direction of the President, pointing to the bar chart with her pen.

"In addition to those, the narrative of lower costs for patients is obviously something the electorate approves of, and so it should dominate the media strategy from now on."

Subconsciously pointing the pen towards Victoria Ryder and Jack Rogers to highlight the last statement, she also nodded to the Chief of Staff to return the floor to him.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:59 am

Robo-Nixon wrote:"That's page seven for you all."

Estella opened the binder in front of her and browsed through the few first pages, stopping at the relevant page.

"It's not news to any of us that the majority of American voters support Medicare for all, but we shouldn't let that premise stand in the way of our legislative agenda. The survey conducted found that terms like efficiency and patient choice are both viewed favorably, overwhelmingly so among our base but also the majority of voters overall as you can see right here."

She held up her paper to demonstrate, particularly in the direction of the President, pointing to the bar chart with her pen.

"In addition to those, the narrative of lower costs for patients is obviously something the electorate approves of, and so it should dominate the media strategy from now on."

Subconsciously pointing the pen towards Victoria Ryder and Jack Rogers to highlight the last statement, she also nodded to the Chief of Staff to return the floor to him.

Richard nodded at Estella’s elaboration, and he returned to his own notes.

“Mister President, I believe you and the Secretary of Health had come up with a...syncretic system? ...I suppose you could call it that, during the campaign, right? Would you mind presenting that?”
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:04 am

Robo-Nixon wrote:"That's page seven for you all."

“The American people do not support Medicare for all, look deeper at the polls. When the pollster explains that Medicare for all means eliminating private insurance, support drops to the low 30%, 67% of people like their current healthcare plan. So disregard that.”

“The Freedom Caucus will push a straight repeal of the ACA, we need a repeal and replace. Cartercare should be a market based approach with a public option, addressing the problems with the ACA has that made costs skyrocket. Increase competition, deregulate so that alternative treatments are available, increase access to genetics... right to try legislation could be a part.”

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 am

Dentali wrote:
Robo-Nixon wrote:snip

“The American people do not support Medicare for all, look deeper at the polls. When the pollster explains that Medicare for all means eliminating private insurance, support drops to the low 30%, 67% of people like their current healthcare plan. So disregard that.”

“The Freedom Caucus will push a straight repeal of the ACA, we need a repeal and replace. Cartercare should be a market based approach with a public option, addressing the problems with the ACA has that made costs skyrocket. Increase competition, deregulate so that alternative treatments are available, increase access to genetics... right to try legislation could be a part.”

Richard sighed at the Majority Leader’s interjection. Mister Allen was a notoriously interruptive and outspoken conservative, so it didn’t aggravate Richard that much. He turned to the Leader and began to speak.

“If we can let the President start, I think we will learn that ensuring competitiveness, private healthcare, cost slashing, et cetera is all included.” He turned back to the President. “Sir?”
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Roosevelt Room

Ryan nodded before saying "Top on our agenda needs to be the repealing and replacement of the ACA. Now I know there has been some discussion of how exactly to do this. Now I think I have a solid idea of what I believe will work. We can run it by the think tanks and AMA to be sure. I want to use a modified Swiss system. Meaning insurance is mandatory, however, it is all private insurance groups. These insurance companies are also banned from making a profit on the basic level of coverage but most Americans would opt for a higher level so they don't need to worry about going bankrupt or anything. In addition to this, we eliminate state line barriers nationwide for insurance companies. Meaning more competition and thus lower prices and increasing public choice. Now, what say you guys."

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Chewion wrote:

Roosevelt Room

Ryan nodded before saying "Top on our agenda needs to be the repealing and replacement of the ACA. Now I know there has been some discussion of how exactly to do this. Now I think I have a solid idea of what I believe will work. We can run it by the think tanks and AMA to be sure. I want to use a modified Swiss system. Meaning insurance is mandatory, however, it is all private insurance groups. These insurance companies are also banned from making a profit on the basic level of coverage but most Americans would opt for a higher level so they don't need to worry about going bankrupt or anything. In addition to this, we eliminate state line barriers nationwide for insurance companies. Meaning more competition and thus lower prices and increasing public choice. Now, what say you guys."

While he knew it wasn’t his place, as none of his years of education or public service gave him the proper credentials to weigh in on this subject, he decided he would anyway.

“Mister President, and you or anyone can correct me on this point if I’m actually wrong, but isn’t it problematic to compare the Swiss system to the American? The Swiss, a European-Germanic country that shares the communal and neighborly social attitude of must of Europe; and us Americans, who have a more individualist and independent social attitude. The reason why so many systems, like social democracy and universal healthcare, work overseas is because of that social attitude, which has imbedded everyone with a need to open their pocketbooks for their neighbor. America takes from the more grim attitudes of Germanic culture, and we focus on the self, not the group. Plus, even if it weren’t for the neighborly European attitude, Switzerland is a country of several million people in a country smaller than my home-state; its much easier to distribute healthcare to people in such a dense country than in our megadiverse, giant country.” Secretary Tongrone spoke, making sure he clarified all his points so he didn’t lose his point and the understanding of the people gathered.

“There’s a disparity in the implementation of healthcare between America and Switzerland.” He added.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:59 pm

Chewion wrote:

Roosevelt Room

“We can’t mandate health insurance, you can’t force people to buy a product they don’t want. It’s morally wrong and the republicans in Congress wil go ballistic, we can’t have an individual mandate like the ACA.”

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Ryan leaned back saying "Richard, what about the matter that I proposed was not individualistic? All coverage would be through private insurance companies, not the government. Now I can agree with removing the mandate. In summary, state lines would no longer be uncrossable by insurance, insurance companies must cover pre-existing conditions, they can not make a profit on the basic level of care, and people will have a choice to be covered or not. Is this more agreeable?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Chewion wrote:

Ryan leaned back saying "Richard, what about the matter that I proposed was not individualistic? All coverage would be through private insurance companies, not the government. Now I can agree with removing the mandate. In summary, state lines would no longer be uncrossable by insurance, insurance companies must cover pre-existing conditions, they can not make a profit on the basic level of care, and people will have a choice to be covered or not. Is this more agreeable?"

“Mr President if you don’t let companies make a profit off the care and be competitive than the coverage will suck and companies will do everything they can to avoid providing it.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse