NATION

PASSWORD

Undo decision on an issue?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Casta Chors
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Undo decision on an issue?

Postby Casta Chors » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:04 am

Is it possible to undo a decision on an issue, due to it having adverse effects from what I thought it would have had? I don't want to make a decision on an issue and find it actually goes against everything I've been building my nation towards.

Qwabour Harbour
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwabour Harbour » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:46 am

1) this belongs in technical 2) you know whats best for your nation 3) logically speaking that'd be inpossible to undo a decision you make

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:11 am

Only way to undo an issue is wait for it to roll around again and answer it differently.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:19 am

Issue results can't be reversed immediately. There's no backup function. However, it is possible to reverse (most of) the policies that you receive from issues by answering a subsequent issue.

Most policies have a reversal issue available (there's still a handful of known gaps in the base), which you will receive eventually. Stat effects can be counteracted by continuing to answer issues.

The issues aren't designed to trick you. Just read the option and it will give hints as the kind of direction you can expect to take (additionally, most commonly queried stats can be explained in this post)

I also suggest you go to Settings and turn on "Require confirmation before passing legislation", this will require you to confirm an option and make it less likely you'll choose an option you don't intend to pick.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Return to Got Issues?