NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:19 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Ralnis wrote:The water power will come during the timeskip since that will be the industrial revolution for Sumer. So hydropower factories, blast furnaces that should be in development and other industrial inventions should be able to be shared between us. Don't think us will be at the level of Europe but I think we are closer.

I don't expect it to be. There may be some interesting things in terms of scale. We may end up with the weird distinction of having the giant less developed machinery kind of like the Soviets... or the Chinese. Thus we will be able to build huge projects, but not be as good at the smaller scale.

I can dig it. As long we can industrialize I don't care if we have the bootleg version of what the Europeans have.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Ralnis wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:
I don't expect it to be. There may be some interesting things in terms of scale. We may end up with the weird distinction of having the giant less developed machinery kind of like the Soviets... or the Chinese. Thus we will be able to build huge projects, but not be as good at the smaller scale.

I can dig it. As long we can industrialize I don't care if we have the bootleg version of what the Europeans have.

Curses, not my bootleg pottery!

Of course, the virtue of properly planned civilization, instead of that Mesopotamian ratsnest, is that demographics are on our side. In the words of a great man... we will bury you.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:26 pm

The Cucuteni-- Trypallian were not neolithic primitives, the way we might think of them. They had been around for 10,000 years with the same culture. The most likely explanation is that they were conquered militarily and dominated not taken over by material culture. It would be harder to simply assimilate them like wandering tribesmen. This is why there is some resistance, they are an old egalitarian culture which would probably clash with most modern values. Talianki in the Ukraine for example in 3700 b.c. had 21,000 people. By 3000 b.c. there were still some settlements with 3000 to 6000 people.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I can dig it. As long we can industrialize I don't care if we have the bootleg version of what the Europeans have.

Curses, not my bootleg pottery!

Of course, the virtue of properly planned civilization, instead of that Mesopotamian ratsnest, is that demographics are on our side. In the words of a great man... we will bury you.

Sure, but you wouldn't give a damn about the Sumerians and their bootleg superpowers for another twenty or so years at least.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:37 pm

If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse