NATION

PASSWORD

Terrorist Attack in Athaxauland (MT/Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Athaxauland
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Terrorist Attack in Athaxauland (MT/Open)

Postby Athaxauland » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Túpalucaetia, Athaxauland

Brúcengca Vuka (Breaking News)

Today, at 12:08 PM (GMT), Túpalucaetia Gúvyrminta Viedracia (Túpalucaetia Government Building), a pipe bomb exploded in the basement of the building next to a support beam, destroying it and causing mass structural damage to the embassy. The building used to be an embassy but now it is the main setting for Athaxauland internal affairs. The structure collapsed in on itself, killing 578 and leaving 623 injured. Then, at 12:43 (GMT), on the road outside, a plane hijacked by terrorists crashed into the Amorettean Embassy across the road, killing around 60% of the people inside, and exploding 4 pre-planted bombs, which killed the other 40%. There were 7 passengers upon that plane. All 7 were killed.Then, about 10 minutes later, 2 vans sharing 8 men, each carrying an automated weapon, drove into the middle of the road and the men exited, shooting 45 citizens, 23 tourists and 6 government diplomats, and a visiting Amorettean diplomat.

This is terrible news for the country, and for all of the 720 victim's families. A funeral will be held on Wednesday 27th February to honour all those who lost their lives in this terrible tragedy.

The suspected people responsible for the attack are 14 Polciutian immigrants, who had entered the country illegally the day before. They all belonged to the Polciutian hate group BIVOS, who have frequently attacked towns and cities across the continent for years. 6 of the 8 ground attackers were arrested, the other two were killed when a civilian fought back, and the rest of the terrorists were killed when the plane crashed.

"That concludes our news segment for now, see you after the break."
Last edited by Athaxauland on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please, no British stand-ups. Nothing will make me undo God's law.
- 43rd President Sven Turá of Athaxauland, OAE, RAE and OAAS

Amorette
Civilian

Founded: Dec 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Amorette » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:50 pm

We are distraught that our embassy was destroyed and that Jean Niece was killed. We are also deeply sympathetic for your nation.

Sar Graniabley Islands
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sar Graniabley Islands » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:04 pm

President Sar Pomelo looked up from his desk. "A what?" he asked, annoyed at the young bureaucrat's nerve in barging into his office. This hardly seemed the kind of crisis that would warrant that. Sar Graniabley barely even had trading relations with Athaxauland, as far as he knew.

Adam Sar Martier, the now far more contrite undersecretary for Foreign Affairs, repeated himself. "A mass shooting, sir, in Athaxauland-- a terrorist attack by the looks of it. Preliminary reports suggest a Graniablan tourist may have been killed"

"Draft an official response. Condemn terrorism, sympathy for the families, support for the Athaxaulandian--"

"I believe the correct denonym is Athax, sir"

"fine. the Athax government. Call out whoever they suspect was behind it and--"

"I'm not sure we want to do that, sir."

"And why not?"

"Preliminary reports-- rumors, more like-- suggest that the tourist was a suspected Graniablan terrorist. Possible links to the car bombings two years ago."

President Sar Pomelo sighed. This was going to be a longer day than he thought.

Athaxauland
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Athaxauland » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:32 pm

President Anerú Buyacia strided through the halls of his Éroscia residence. He stopped, peered through his window and through the snow and frost, and he saw his friend and Vice President, Juan Munilla, a Cascillian born hulk of a man. He knocked on the door and waved through the window. Anerú opened the door and welcomed him in.

"Sit down, sit down. You look freezing." Said the unusually relaxed Anerú.

"It's much warmer in Túpalucaetia. Look at the news."

"Oh my God, it's horrific... Have Sar Graniabley Islands said anything about it?"

"Why do you ask of them? Oh, the 'trade' deal. I don't think it was Sar Graniabley Islandsian pipe, but we'll look into it. Also, look at the speech." Juan changed over the channels. The President of Sar Graniabley was performing a rather tired looking speech about how much he loved Athaxauland, even though they barely knew them.

"Send the Land Rover." Said the President. "I'll talk to him myself."
Last edited by Athaxauland on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sar Graniabley Islands
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sar Graniabley Islands » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm

President Sar Pomelo read his speech with all the enthusiasm he could muster, which wasn't much. It was overcast, the audience consisted of six reporters and three cameramen, and he knew close to nothing about Athaxauland. He expressed his sincerest sympathies to the families of the victims of the terror attacks, and expressed his support for the Athax government along with his desire to maintain close ties and push for even closer ones.

As he walked off the podium, an aide was repressing laughter. "You pronounced Athaxauland wrong, sir" another said through a pained look.
"Twice," said another.

The president was too tired to respond with one of the witty comebacks he was known for. "Any word from the Athax government on whether victim was our terrorist?"

"Actually, sir, President Buyacia is coming here."

"In person?" Sar Pomelo responded, incredulously

"Yes, sir"

"How bad is this?"

"I don't know sir. Nobody does."

Khataiy
Minister

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Khataiy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:01 pm

The Arab State of Khataiy
-
Foreign Ministry

We firmly condemn this terrorist attack and offer our solidarity to the government of Athaxauland, we know the bitterness of terrorism from awful organizations backed by Iran and we share your pain in the battle against the terrorists, our sincerest support goes to you.

Signed,
Uthman al-Ghamadi,

Foreign Ministry-Arab State of Khataiy

Athaxauland
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Athaxauland » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm

President Buyacia walks up to the door of the government building with Munilla in tow. He is stopped by a young security guard.

"I'm sorry, you'll need ID."

"Ah, because of the car bombings." Said Munilla.

"Well, I'm not sure whether this is your first day, but car bombings usually happen in cars." Commented Buyacia. The embarrassed looking guard stepped to the side. The two speed-walked down the halls to the President's Office.

"Can we see the President?" Said Buyacia.

"I might go and grab a sandwich down the street." Said the Vice President.

"Erm.. OK."

"Ah, there you are! Come in!"

"Who are you?"

"I'm the representative. Sit down."

They talk for a while, and the representative tells Buyacia that he sees why this is so important.

"What is that sound?" Said the president.

"I'm not quite sure." Replied the representative. They both looked outside and gasped. It was the dead body of Munilla.

Sar Graniabley Islands
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sar Graniabley Islands » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Undersecretary for Foreign Affairs Sar Martier, the representative sent to meet with President Buyacia, gasped as he looked out the window. "Is that..." he knew the answer before he even finished the question. It was the Athax vice president. Emergency vehicles were already arriving on the scene.

"Somebody! Alert the president that the Athax Vice President has been killed in a bombing at the cafe across the street! Lock down the building!"
Sar Martier screamed at a nearby aide.

Sar Martier placed his hand on the Athax President's shoulder. "I swear, we will get to the bottom of this. I... I..."

The fact was, Sar Martier had no clue where to begin getting to the bottom of the assassination. The security service had no reports of any Polciutian or Athax terrorist activity in Sar Graniabley, and there had not been a major domestic terror attack in over 2 years, after the their alleged leader Marcos Sar Bulimier had fled the country.

Just then, President Sar Pomelo burst into the room, a look of panic on his face. He had been elected as a compromise candidate. An outsider with no real policy experience. He was uniquely unqualified to face the single greatest foreign policy crisis Sar Graniabley had faced in its time as a democracy.
Last edited by Sar Graniabley Islands on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Federation of Spokane
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Spokane » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

We send our grief as we also have had a terrorist attack lately.
The Federation of Spokane
Pronouns: Any
Discord: bigbossg13
URA Deputy Director Of Security
Utrikesminister for Altia, Founding Member
Anterian Ambassador*
Chief Communications Officer for Lands End*
Warzone Trinidad Mafia Enforcer
Posts don't represent any of my region's views unless stated otherwise.
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:56 pm

The Imperial Palace, Kyoto, Mainland Japan, The Empire of Japanese Pacific States

"I would suppose this is just a shot in the arm for our claims of a militarised, traditional society with heavy watch by the Imperial Royal Guard and Kempeitai, is the best society for modern times, as it has been since 1900." Shogun Yuuhi Koubuin sighed as she finished reading over the most recent news of an apparent terror attack in Athaxauland. "Indeed, your majesty." Regent and Foreign Minister Kyoko Takatsukasa said as Yuuhi handed her the tablet she was reading the news off of. "Thankfully we've yet to even open an embassy there, and if we do, then we could leverage this attack as reason to establish a security zone around it like we have with our other embassies overseas." Regent Takatsukasa said as she read the news herself.

"I would suppose, though perhaps we could also offer some assistance in this matter of rooting out the terrorists. After all, most nations nowadays abide by those in hindsight when dealing with terrorists, treaties that prevent them from taking steps needed to quell the threat...." Yuuhi said before she looked over to Kyoko who's face had turned almost ghost white. "Kyoko?" Yuuhi asked with an eyebrow raised. "Your majesty... Apparently one of the tourists killed was a man from one of our client governments in the Co-Prosperity Sphere." Kyoko said nervously, knowing what would happen next, though not expecting the exact response from Yuuhi to be but a sigh and a pinch of the bridge of her own nose. "Good Amaterasu, I guess we have to get involved now." Yuuhi said, Japan seemed to be getting more and more involved with foreign states, though mostly to take advantage of their civil wars or internal affairs which were usually shattered and on the brink of civil war.

"Shall I write a communique?" Kyoko said, Yuuhi just waved her off. "Yes, and send it with an offer of a detachment of IJRG and Kempeis, also insist on it. No one in their right mind would openly oppose us, look at Qaidi, those commies who tried to oppose us ended up with their small villages raised." Yuuhi said as Kyoko shook her head. "It might be tough but I'm sure we'll manage." Kyoko said before leaving.

日本太平洋帝国帝国外務省の公式声明
Official Communique from the Imperial Foreign Ministry of Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States

To: Foreign Ministry of Athaxauland
From: The Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Imperial Foreign Minister, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Kyoko Takatsukasa
Encryption Level:High

Good Day, recently the Imperial Government of the Japanese Empire, the leading state of the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. Has taken notice by way of an independent news source outside of the Empire, that one of the victims of a recent attack in your country was a man from the Empire of Manchuko, Liao Yu. As the leading state and the overall representative of the Co-Prosperity Sphere, we must insist on an IJRG and Kempeitai detachment being allowed to take part in whatever investigation and capture of potential and confirmed subjects may come to be.

Signed. Imperial Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States, Head of the 5th Regency House of Takatsukasa, Regent Kyoko Takatsukasa
署名された 日本太平洋帝国外務大臣、第五回高等弁務団長、リージェント高槻恭子
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Artonin
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Artonin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:49 am

Hello, it has come too our attention that a horrfic terrorist attack has occurred within your nation. President Sam Hyde wished too personally comment:

“It is with a genuinely heavy heart I write too you. On behalf of The Democratic States Of Artonin I condemn this cowardly terroist attack that has been brought upon the people of your nation. We hope that Túpalucaetia, Athaxauland can make a speedy and fast recovery from this blow and that the perpetrators of this attack our brought to justice, Artonin will stand full square beside Túpalucaetia, Athaxauland in its hour of need, we offer you finical and medical aid if you require it, I have been informed that many schools across our nation our holding a 5 minute period of silence too commerdate the brave and innocent and victims of this attack. This is isn’t just an attack on Túpalucaetia, Athaxauland, it is an attack on the entire soul of humanity.”
"For Justice and happiness throughout!"

Athaxauland
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Athaxauland » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:50 am

Buyacia stumbled through the street. There was a ringing in his ears, he could only faintly hear the sirens. There was a scream in his throat that wanted to come out. He felt an anger, an outrage that he had never felt before. The press ran up to him, shouting questions that he couldn't decipher. He pushed his way past them, turning away cameras and turning down questions. He got to the body. Kneeling down, he felt a deep anger so profound he could swear that he saw his mother again. Then he saw something else...

"Sar Martier, do you see that?"

"See what?" Asked the Minister.

"The note..." He said as he leant forward to grab the paper.

"Oh yeah, I see it."

IGOTTHEVICEPRESIDENTNOTHINGYOUCANDOWATCHOUT...

Alcantaras
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Alcantaras » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

“On behalf of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Josué I, let me offer my most heartfelt sympathies to the victims of this dastardly, despicable crime and to their families and loved ones. Terrorism in any form is repugnant to civilized norms and human rights, no matter what rationale the terrorists may employ to 'justify' their actions. The Empire of Alcantaras pledges its full solidarity with the nation and people of Athaxauland. We stand ready to provide whatever assistance is required, to the best of our ability, to help you in your hour of need.”

Henrique Jorge de Carvalho
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs
Secretário de Estado dos Negócios Estrangeiros
Secretario de Estado de Asuntos Exteriores

Sar Graniabley Islands
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sar Graniabley Islands » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 am

As President Buyacia picked up the note, a panicked secret service agent ran up to the two men. "Sirs! Come inside, its not safe!"
Buyacia and Sar Martier reluctantly followed him inside as the sirens wailed. They were led back into the room where President Sar Pomelo was waiting.

After expressing his condolences, Sar Pomelo with moist eyes explained everything he knew, which wasn't much. He had been told that it was a small bomb, indicating a targeted attack. Because the visit to the cafe was unplanned, the attacker had likely been tailing the vice president for some time, waiting for an opportunity. Security service experts speculated that the attack was carried out either by Granialban terrorists, incensed at the death of one of their leaders in Athaxauland or by BIVOS members who had somehow learned of the emergency visit and found a way to follow the delegation to Sar Graniabley. Neither seemed likely to Sar Pomelo, but both were possible. He also expressed hoped the incident would not lead to any kind of escalation or additional foreign intervention in either country.

"Our security service is planning on taking the lead in this investigation, unless you object," the president explained

Just as he was about to reply, Buyacia realized he hadn't let go of the threatening note found on Munilla.

"What's that?" the president inquired, noticing it at the same time Buyacia realized this

Athaxauland
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Athaxauland » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm

"I found it on the body, I... I thought I dropped it."

"We'll look into it." Said Sar Pomelo.

"No, I think it would be better if we colluded with you. We'll send in one of our best agents, Tú Criceana, on Thursday."

"Tú Criceana? Like the... the... erm..."

"Look, my agent and the terrorist may share a name and a country, but not an identity. He is perfectly qualified, he already has control over the Vehicle and Aeroplane sector of the nation."

"Wait, did you say the Vehicle and Aeroplane? Like the Athax terrorist attack?!" Chipped in Sar Martier.

"What?? Are you saying it was an inside job??"

"Quite possibly." Agreed the president.

Suddenly, an Aide to Buyacia rushed into the room.

"Criceana sir... He has the government... The government in h-hostage, sir."

"What does he want?" Asked Buyacia.

"Nuclear weapons, sir. He's waiting for you to... To come back. He needs the codes."

"I'm sorry, Mr... Mr... Erm, Pomelo? Sar Pomelo? Which one is your first name? Never mind, we're gonna have to go."

"Oh, no sir. He wants both of you. He wants both codes."

Buyacia sighed. He didn't know why he was so involved with this country. He didn't even know who they were. But if he did know one thing, it was that his life would never be the same.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:19 am

"Sumeragi-san, the recent terrorist attacks in Athaxauland has also affected our country, since 8 Bengali citizens were on that hijacked flight. We can't stand in the sidelines, and have to act." said Foreign Affairs Minister Sayko Nakasuki to Prime Minister Itchio Sumeragi

"I understand what you're getting at. But what more can we do other than sympathise with the Athaxaulandians? I know you lost your brother to the 2016 Cafe Attack, but think it through."

"Atleast we can give provide some help. What are we going to say to the families of our dead countrymen?"

"...sigh.... Ok, but don't promise anything big."
[hr][/[hr]

She ran back to her office and began composing the letter to the Athaxaulandian government

ベンガルオコクガイムショウ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bengal
To: Head of the Government of Athaxauland

On behalf of His Majesty the Mikado, and the Government of the Kingdom of Bengal, I express my condolences to the government and the people of Athaxauland. Terrorism is a threat irrespective of borders, religion, race or creed. I myself am a victim of a previous attack in my homeland, and like me, many Bengalis are also now victims of an attack that took place on yours. The Government of the Kingdom of Bengal would like to help in the matter, since 8 Bengali nationals who were touring your country lost their lives in the attack.
We will be happy if you accept our assistance regarding the issue. Thank you.

Signed, サイキョナカスキ、ベンガルオコクガイムダイジン((Sayko Nakasuki, Minister of Forerign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bengal)
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents