NATION

PASSWORD

Chia Dal Incident Crisis - Peace Talks [IC, MT, open to all]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Danlina
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Chia Dal Incident Crisis - Peace Talks [IC, MT, open to all]

Postby Danlina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:00 am

In the past week, there has been a chain of events leading to a crisis between Liberatropolis, The American Pere Hush, and Danlina, all starting from the legislation at Chia Dal to execute all people who are found to be homosexuals or take part in any other kind of LGBTQ+ lifestyle.
For short, Liberatropolis went to war on Chia Dal, The APH allied with Chia Dal, and Danlinian ex-minister of the Arms Branch decided to intervene without permission from the Senate. To read the whole chain of events, go to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=459135

This thread is for IC peace talks between the sides of the conflict and other nations to join and encourage/ally to one of the sides.


Official statement from Danlina:
Image
OFFICIAL TELEGRAM




Topic: Chia Dal Crisis Peace Talks

from: The Danlina Ambassadori Branch


To whom it may concern,
Danlina does not want war with Liberatropolis, and truly wants these talks to lead our nations on the path to peace.
As you may already know, The Government Of The Armed Republic Of Danlina condemns Mr. Brigenov’s acts at Chia Dai, and we are in the midst of investigating where Adam Wright came from.
Instead of sending our ambassadors or our ambassadori minister Katerin Rozen to the talks as usual, I will come myself as I am sure the best way to get to the bottom of this crisis is to check everything myself.

Best Regards,
Samuel Robinson, Prime Minister Of The Armed Republic Of Danlina
Last edited by Danlina on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Libertariatropolis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:12 am

Topic: Chia Dal Peace Talks
From: Samuel Lee

To whom it may or may not concern-

Libertariatropolis is open to peace talks of any sort but would like to start out by saying that it will not be making any decisions that support or create friendly relations with tyrannical powers such Chia Dal, American Pere Housh, or any other member of the Confederacy of Corrupt Dictators.

Go ahead, you may plead your case.

Samuel Lee
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

User avatar
The Occident
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Occident » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:51 am

Image

FROM THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE FEDERAL OCCIDENTAL UNION

DIRECTOR OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS HAROLD COGSWORTH (S)





As a democratic nation, we refuse above all to support a regime that treats the LGBT+ community with such disdain. However, war is desirable to no one and we have seen what such a short conflict has already done to the nations involved. We invite all affected nations in this conflict to discuss terms of peace in the neutrality of the Federal District before any more innocent lives are put in danger or any more men and women in uniform are sacrificed. Keep in mind all diplomats will be protected by article 6 of the Federal Constitution and any attempt to enact harm against them will be considered a direct violation of it. If this is accepted, we will establish a date and time wherein talks are to begin. Refrain from attaching any military forces except for necessary security officials if you accept.


For reference, this is article XI of the Federal Constitution:

VII) So to maintain the integrity of all diplomacy, those consulates abroad under ownership of the Federal Union shall be sole haven for federal citizens under protection of the Rights of the Common Citizen.

User avatar
Danlina
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Danlina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:13 am

Danlina Prime Minister Samuel Robinson: “First of all, we would like to thank The Occident for joining the talks as a neutral encourager of peace. Secondly, we would like to address Liberatropolis’ statement about peace with The Confederacy Of Corrupt Dictators: Peace does not have to come hand in hand with friendly relations. Peace can be also achieved through having cold relations between the nations. We do not demand the sides to hug and be best friends, just to call off the declarations of war and go back to your day to day lives.”

User avatar
The Occident
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Occident » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Danlina wrote:Danlina Prime Minister Samuel Robinson: “First of all, we would like to thank The Occident for joining the talks as a neutral encourager of peace. Secondly, we would like to address Liberatropolis’ statement about peace with The Confederacy Of Corrupt Dictators: Peace does not have to come hand in hand with friendly relations. Peace can be also achieved through having cold relations between the nations. We do not demand the sides to hug and be best friends, just to call off the declarations of war and go back to your day to day lives.”


Right. Even as a peaceful nation, we of the Union understand friendship is not a requisite for peace.

User avatar
Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Libertariatropolis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Connor Stutton, Libertariotropolis's Secretary of Diplomacy was on a plane, heading for the Occident, where peace talks would occur. He sighed as he thought about the mess the nation was in. It had been the first thing he had noticed when he immigrated-- Libertariotropolisians' inability to shut up. They talked too much or their own good. Certainly a rational head like his own would help the situation.

He considered Frederick Adams's death. The story Samuel Lee had given out couldn't be correct. Connor had known Poppy Mason. She wouldn't have killed Adams unless there was a very good reason.

Most of all, Connor knew that Frederick wouldn't have wanted Libertariatropolis to continue its war. That was Samuel's ambition phrased as a dead man's wishes.

"Mr. Secretary?" Connor heard from an officer aboard the plane.

"What is it?"

"We're pulling in for a landing."

Connor nodded as the officer rushed off to handle other passengers.

He whispered to himself, "Let's show these bastards what they're up against."
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

User avatar
Chia Dal
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Chia Dal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm

The Minister of Foreign Affairs Megan Potter walks into the building that is holding the peace talks with her aides. Turning to one of her aides saying, "Hope this goes well in there or a lot of people on both sides are going to die."

User avatar
Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Libertariatropolis » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Connor looked around, identifying all the people walking around him. Knowing ambassadors and diplomats of other nations was his job. He could name almost all of them.

One caught his eye.

Megan Potter, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chia Dal. He made his way to her, careful to be confident and fast-paced in his walk, but believably so. He managed to create a convincing enough image of relaxation that the ambassadors nearby bought it.

He reached the Minister, and spoke without waiting for her acknowledgement. "Megan Potter," he said, bowing, "I am Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariotropolis."
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Diplomat
 
Posts: 569
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Image
The Kaiserreich is horrified by the illegal actions of Chai Dai. Chai Dai has soiled the name of being a nation and does not deserve that title. As a civilization that has existed for many years and participated in many international activities Chai Dai should know better. After many delegations in the Reichstag, we have decided to formally declare Chai Dai a "Rogue State" for they're crimes against humanity and instability. We support Danlina in their peace deal.


Prime Minister Angela Merkel
Reichstag
Berlin
The German Empire
[/blocktext]
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information
Reports of Explosion at Reichstag|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin

User avatar
Danlina
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Danlina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 pm

OOC: sorry for accidentally writing chia dai instead of chia dal...

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 am

Libertariatropolis wrote:Connor looked around, identifying all the people walking around him. Knowing ambassadors and diplomats of other nations was his job. He could name almost all of them.

One caught his eye.

Megan Potter, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chia Dal. He made his way to her, careful to be confident and fast-paced in his walk, but believably so. He managed to create a convincing enough image of relaxation that the ambassadors nearby bought it.

He reached the Minister, and spoke without waiting for her acknowledgement. "Megan Potter," he said, bowing, "I am Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariotropolis."



The Secretary of State for the APH walks into the room before stopping and scanned the room looking all the people in said room. He then spots his fellow ally from Chia Dal Megan Potter as well as Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariatropolis. He walks over to greet the two of them and says "Hello Mr. Stutton, I am Cole Matthews, Secretary of State for the APH and Chief negotiator for my country in these Peace talks. Oh, I'm sorry for ignoring you Ms. Potter, Greeting to you my dear ally."

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
(Image)
The Kaiserreich is horrified by the illegal actions of Chai Dai. Chai Dai has soiled the name of being a nation and does not deserve that title. As a civilization that has existed for many years and participated in many international activities Chai Dai should know better. After many delegations in the Reichstag, we have decided to formally declare Chai Dai a "Rogue State" for they're crimes against humanity and instability. We support Danlina in their peace deal.


Prime Minister Angela Merkel
Reichstag
Berlin
The German Empire
[/blocktext]



My ally repealed the death penalty portion of the law and Libertariatropolis still was willing to attack them. You have no right to call them or anybody else a rogue state unless they rightfully deserve the title. The APH condemns the German Empire this verbal assault on its ally and asks that it apologizes sincerely.

Hail the Confederation

User avatar
Deutschess Kaiserreich
Diplomat
 
Posts: 569
Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 am

American Pere Housh wrote:My ally repealed the death penalty portion of the law and Libertariatropolis still was willing to attack them. You have no right to call them or anybody else a rogue state unless they rightfully deserve the title. The APH condemns the German Empire this verbal assault on its ally and asks that it apologizes sincerely.

Hail the Confederation


Image

The Kaiserreich LAUGHS and DISMISSES the Confederation's demand for an apology. The confederation has supported and is a backward state that has participated in WAR CRIMES. Your allegiance to a rogue state is enough in many certain circles of the Reichstag enough to declare YOU a rogue state. The state of Libertariatropolis has acted in a brilliant fashion engaging pure evil when no one supported them. We would like to declare the title of "Friend of the Kaiserreich" and an offer to join the Iron Pact to the state of Libertariatropolis

Prime Minister Angela Merkel
Reichstag
Berlin
The German Empire
Last edited by Deutschess Kaiserreich on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where the Kaiserriech won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a constitutional Monarchy with both a Parliment and a Prime Minister. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information
Reports of Explosion at Reichstag|Casualties unknown|State of lockdown imposed on Berlin

User avatar
The Occident
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Sep 30, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Occident » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 am

Upon entering the Federal District, one may notice the extremely high level of order in the city. Each and every building, even the Joseph K. Morgan International Airport, seems specifically designed and built to serve the government of the Union, with the Union’s flag flying in neat, perfect rows outside the enormous parking lot leading out to the thoroughfare taking diplomats into the city proper. The city itself has few tall buildings, and little in the way of political decoration: no massive monuments, no rows of flags like at the airport and no special fanfare for the arriving diplomats. It largely seems to be…just another city of the Union.

All diplomats, upon arriving at Joseph K. Morgan International Airport, will be accommodated (if wished) at the city’s largest hotel, the heavily secured Sunflower Palace. At current, the hotel is closed to all but the arriving diplomats, every floor guarded 24/7 by full, active and armed members of the Federal military’s 33rd Federal Guard Division. Draped from head to toe in full tactical gear, the soldiers do not speak, rarely converse with others and carry their rifles at full engagement readiness.

Image

Mills-Caldwell Manor


Image

Sunflower Palace


Image

The Federal Court District 9 Building, which handles foreign diplomatic issues on Union soil.

The talks themselves will occur in the ornate, Queen Anne style Mills Manor—home and base of government for the powerful Mills-Caldwell family that controlled the Directorship of the Union for most of the 19th century. In the center of the massive home is the study where the leaders and diplomats may seat themselves and process talks. The Union has not sent a delegate, but remains steadfast in a short message broadcast from the Director of Foreign Affairs, Harry Cogsworth:

“It is in these trying times, diplomats, that your skills as masters of word must be put to their best use. Remember, you are not here to sling accusations. You are not here to make friends. You are not here to beat your national chest. You are here, in the safety of Union territory, to discuss as fruitfully as possible, terms of peace between your nations as to forgo the further loss of innocent lives and the further sacrifice of brave soldiers on all sides. The Union takes no side in these talks, and it should not be mentioned thusly.

May your deeds serve you well,
HAROLD JAMES COGSWORTH-WILLIAMSON
FEDERAL DIRECTOR OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Last edited by The Occident on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Libertariatropolis
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 46
Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Libertariatropolis » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Libertariatropolis wrote:Connor looked around, identifying all the people walking around him. Knowing ambassadors and diplomats of other nations was his job. He could name almost all of them.

One caught his eye.

Megan Potter, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Chia Dal. He made his way to her, careful to be confident and fast-paced in his walk, but believably so. He managed to create a convincing enough image of relaxation that the ambassadors nearby bought it.

He reached the Minister, and spoke without waiting for her acknowledgement. "Megan Potter," he said, bowing, "I am Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariotropolis."



The Secretary of State for the APH walks into the room before stopping and scanned the room looking all the people in said room. He then spots his fellow ally from Chia Dal Megan Potter as well as Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariatropolis. He walks over to greet the two of them and says "Hello Mr. Stutton, I am Cole Matthews, Secretary of State for the APH and Chief negotiator for my country in these Peace talks. Oh, I'm sorry for ignoring you Ms. Potter, Greeting to you my dear ally."


Connor bowed again. He began walking off at a swift pace, not even looking back to see if the other ambassadors were following him. "Quickly, I dont have much time. Always places to be, things to do. First, I deeply apologize for the actions of my nation. The first thing I noticed when I moved there was that nobody knows how to hold their tongue. We shouldn't be interfering with your political sovereignty. Second, and I believe you both know this, I have reason to believe Samuel Lee was not only involved in, but led the coup against President Adams. Lee has his heart in the right place, but hes just as bullheaded as everybody else in the nation. He doesnt want peace. If he had his way, I would likely give some impromptu speech about not giving up, and then get killed to further the war fever raging across our nation. Lee, however, has made a significant mistake. The Constitution states that if all secretaries agree, the Constitution can be edited or redrafted. Lee, taking the title of President, has given up his post as Secretary of War and has, as such, made an error. The other secretaries are logical enough to see that we will undoubtedly lose, and, as such, will seek to remove Lee from power. We will redraft the Constitution, but there will likely be a full rebellion. We will need your support to break the incessant resolve of Libertariatropolis and establish a new government. As for the new government, it pains me to say that we have to leave democracy. Democracy is always the hope, and, one day, I believe we will return to it, but the incapability of Libertariatropolis to govern itself. For now, Libertariateopolis needs resolve and power. A more autocratic regime, likely a monarchy. Then we will need to show some sort of continuity and peace with the old regime, likely by bringing back Poppy Mason and giving her a high governmental position. A royal marriage might do perhaps..." he trailed off, realizing he had been talking for several minutes. He turned around. "Thoughts?"
The nation that not only promotes, but celebrates freedom.
Libertariatropolis does showcase my political views.

User avatar
Danlina
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Danlina » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:35 am

Libertariatropolis wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:

The Secretary of State for the APH walks into the room before stopping and scanned the room looking all the people in said room. He then spots his fellow ally from Chia Dal Megan Potter as well as Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariatropolis. He walks over to greet the two of them and says "Hello Mr. Stutton, I am Cole Matthews, Secretary of State for the APH and Chief negotiator for my country in these Peace talks. Oh, I'm sorry for ignoring you Ms. Potter, Greeting to you my dear ally."


Connor bowed again. He began walking off at a swift pace, not even looking back to see if the other ambassadors were following him. "Quickly, I dont have much time. Always places to be, things to do. First, I deeply apologize for the actions of my nation. The first thing I noticed when I moved there was that nobody knows how to hold their tongue. We shouldn't be interfering with your political sovereignty. Second, and I believe you both know this, I have reason to believe Samuel Lee was not only involved in, but led the coup against President Adams. Lee has his heart in the right place, but hes just as bullheaded as everybody else in the nation. He doesnt want peace. If he had his way, I would likely give some impromptu speech about not giving up, and then get killed to further the war fever raging across our nation. Lee, however, has made a significant mistake. The Constitution states that if all secretaries agree, the Constitution can be edited or redrafted. Lee, taking the title of President, has given up his post as Secretary of War and has, as such, made an error. The other secretaries are logical enough to see that we will undoubtedly lose, and, as such, will seek to remove Lee from power. We will redraft the Constitution, but there will likely be a full rebellion. We will need your support to break the incessant resolve of Libertariatropolis and establish a new government. As for the new government, it pains me to say that we have to leave democracy. Democracy is always the hope, and, one day, I believe we will return to it, but the incapability of Libertariatropolis to govern itself. For now, Libertariateopolis needs resolve and power. A more autocratic regime, likely a monarchy. Then we will need to show some sort of continuity and peace with the old regime, likely by bringing back Poppy Mason and giving her a high governmental position. A royal marriage might do perhaps..." he trailed off, realizing he had been talking for several minutes. He turned around. "Thoughts?"

A man in a black suit and a blue and red tie approached Connor. The three diplomats were visibly confused, as the man is supposed to be one of Danlina's prime minister Robinson's bodyguards. "Minister Connor," said the man, "I would like to talk to you, just for a moment please". Connor agreed, telling the man to be quick as he was in the middle of a conversation. The two went aside, and the man took a small note out of his pocket and gave it to Connor. It had a phone number written on it. "This is Danlinian ambassadori minister Katerin Rozen's personal phone number," explained the man, "She has sent me here to look around for her, and I find your plan as something she can help with". Connor was a bit confused for why didn't prime minister Robinson talk to him by himself, but he was too intrigued by the offer to mind. "Tell Rozen I will be considering her offer," he said, and went back to minister Potter and secretary Matthews. "So," he said, "Where were we?"

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:28 am

Libertariatropolis wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:

The Secretary of State for the APH walks into the room before stopping and scanned the room looking all the people in said room. He then spots his fellow ally from Chia Dal Megan Potter as well as Connor Stutton, Secretary of Diplomacy for Libertariatropolis. He walks over to greet the two of them and says "Hello Mr. Stutton, I am Cole Matthews, Secretary of State for the APH and Chief negotiator for my country in these Peace talks. Oh, I'm sorry for ignoring you Ms. Potter, Greeting to you my dear ally."


Connor bowed again. He began walking off at a swift pace, not even looking back to see if the other ambassadors were following him. "Quickly, I dont have much time. Always places to be, things to do. First, I deeply apologize for the actions of my nation. The first thing I noticed when I moved there was that nobody knows how to hold their tongue. We shouldn't be interfering with your political sovereignty. Second, and I believe you both know this, I have reason to believe Samuel Lee was not only involved in, but led the coup against President Adams. Lee has his heart in the right place, but hes just as bullheaded as everybody else in the nation. He doesnt want peace. If he had his way, I would likely give some impromptu speech about not giving up, and then get killed to further the war fever raging across our nation. Lee, however, has made a significant mistake. The Constitution states that if all secretaries agree, the Constitution can be edited or redrafted. Lee, taking the title of President, has given up his post as Secretary of War and has, as such, made an error. The other secretaries are logical enough to see that we will undoubtedly lose, and, as such, will seek to remove Lee from power. We will redraft the Constitution, but there will likely be a full rebellion. We will need your support to break the incessant resolve of Libertariatropolis and establish a new government. As for the new government, it pains me to say that we have to leave democracy. Democracy is always the hope, and, one day, I believe we will return to it, but the incapability of Libertariatropolis to govern itself. For now, Libertariateopolis needs resolve and power. A more autocratic regime, likely a monarchy. Then we will need to show some sort of continuity and peace with the old regime, likely by bringing back Poppy Mason and giving her a high governmental position. A royal marriage might do perhaps..." he trailed off, realizing he had been talking for several minutes. He turned around. "Thoughts?"


"You could turn your government into a Confederacy like my government. It has worked for 89 years and will continue to work for decades more." Secretary Matthews says to his opposite from Libertariatropolis.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aurrela, Jedoria, Kenmoria, Mexico-Kebabistan, Republica De Gran Chaco, Sar Graniabley Islands, Teutonican Empire, Vionna-Frankenlisch

Advertisement

Remove ads