NATION

PASSWORD

Season 2

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
User avatar
Card slave 11
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Apr 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Season 2

Postby Card slave 11 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 pm

So I realize season 1 just came out less than 2 months ago but is when season 2 coming out? How often do seasons come out? I'm assuming it's a bi annual or just annual thing.

User avatar
Blargoblarg
Diplomat
 
Posts: 525
Founded: Sep 06, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blargoblarg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Card slave 11 wrote:So I realize season 1 just came out less than 2 months ago but is when season 2 coming out? How often do seasons come out? I'm assuming it's a bi annual or just annual thing.

I'm wondering this too. I've found a bunch of nations with MLP flags and I'd like to buy their cards, but I can't because those nations won't have cards until season 2.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" -Douglas Adams
Sold my soul to Morndul and CoolBoyGcp for 60 shares. A worthy trade.
Check out my NS trading cards selling/buying thread!
Bernie 2020

User avatar
Socialist Communist States
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Socialist Communist States » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 pm

I'm going to assume it'll be part of the yearly April Fools event. Although, I guess it could be bi-annual. 2 seasons a year doesn't sound too bad.

User avatar
Viking Santa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Viking Santa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 pm

No one knows. There is much speculation -- perhaps in April, to go along with the original April Fools event -- but it is all just that: speculation.

Everything is subject to the whims of [violet] and she isn't talking. Presumably, even she doesn't know yet. It's all up in the air.

User avatar
Nilrahrarfan
Envoy
 
Posts: 269
Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Nilrahrarfan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Socialist Communist States wrote:I'm going to assume it'll be part of the yearly April Fools event. Although, I guess it could be bi-annual. 2 seasons a year doesn't sound too bad.

So that means no more special events for April Fool's? :(
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
Favorite forum: Moderation
Supports: Fascism, National Anarchism, Storms, Atheism, Dictatorship, Alt-Right, The Supreme Authority, Kekistan, Metal/Classical Music, Moderation Forum
Opposes: Monarchy, Sunshine and Rainbows, SJW's, Religion (Unless Katrina's the one being worshipped), Jihadism, Environmentalism, Direct Democracy, Democratic Socialism, Autotuned Pop Music, Antifa

User avatar
Frickheck
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 09, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Frickheck » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Nilrahrarfan wrote:
Socialist Communist States wrote:I'm going to assume it'll be part of the yearly April Fools event. Although, I guess it could be bi-annual. 2 seasons a year doesn't sound too bad.

So that means no more special events for April Fool's? :(

It would hopefully coincide any event.

User avatar
Tessen
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tessen » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Card slave 11 wrote:So I realize season 1 just came out less than 2 months ago but is when season 2 coming out? How often do seasons come out? I'm assuming it's a bi annual or just annual thing.


Technically, Season 1 came out on April 1, 2018 -- 10 months ago. Players as of April 1, 2018 were able to trade cards for, I believe, three days or so, and then trading was closed while the trading system was upgraded. Players that had cards from those days of trading kept them, and when trading reopened just before Christmas (two months ago), trading resumed where it left off. So, all cards available to trade were created ten months ago, although, they became snapshots of whatever those nations looked like at the end of December (when trading resumed).

To be honest, I think a lot of people are waiting for Season 2 to begin, because there are a lot of players/nations that don't have cards in the Season 1 set. There are quite a few new Season 2 cards that I am very much looking forward to finding or trading for, it's just a matter of waiting until Max decides to create the cards for Season 2 (based on current existing nations) -- which could be at any time.

I sincerely hope it doesn't switch over on April 1, 2019, as I rather enjoy seeing the witty fun that Max, Violet and the mods come up with. Having the cards switch over on that date would, in my opinion, be a distraction to that wonderful April Fool's Day wit. I look forward to seeing what Nationstates puts out on that day every year.

Story director of the multi-region, 1920's Alternate Earth roleplay.

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 127
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Compulsory Consumerist State

Season 2?

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 am

So i have a few questions.

1. When will season 2 start?

2. Do season 1 cards affect season 2 card rate, or are they integrated or they are irrelevant?

3. If a card gets upgraded for season 2, can we trade it for the better ones.?

Not sure if this should be in technical or here, just a few questions
Honeydewistania. Formerly known as Honeydewistan. Hi. Nothing to see here.

User avatar
Ausinia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 655
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ausinia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 am

I beilejve this has already been answered
Eventual link
Im currently working on my storefront and factbooks, estimated time of completion: ERROR
This nation does not completely agree with my views
You though I was bothered? No, not yet
Ausinia Weapons & Tech
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
Maybe, soon :(
My Battery’s low and it’s getting dark...

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 23207
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:21 am

Honeydewistania wrote:So i have a few questions.

1. Nobody knows
2. Nobody knows
3. Nobody knows

Ausinia wrote:I beilejve this has already been answered

No, they haven't. Nobody knows. This is deliberate on the part of [violet]. When Season 2 comes out, there will probably be an announcement or a forum post or something about it. Until then, there is absolutely zero point in asking specific questions about a product that hasn't yet been released.

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:34 am

Viking Santa wrote:No one knows. There is much speculation -- perhaps in April, to go along with the original April Fools event -- but it is all just that: speculation.

Everything is subject to the whims of [violet] and she isn't talking. Presumably, even she doesn't know yet. It's all up in the air.


[violet] is not talking which means everyone else is talking, lol. Discussion starting genius at work!

I would guess we'd have similarities to Baseball Trading Cards. Seasons starting in April with new copies of last season's cards unavailable.

I wonder what % of season 1's cards would become CTE'd cards by season 10 ?

User avatar
Card slave 20
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Card slave 20 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Benevolent One wrote:
Viking Santa wrote:No one knows.


[violet] is not talking which means everyone else is talking, lol. Discussion starting genius at work!

I would guess we'd have similarities to Baseball Trading Cards. Seasons starting in April with new copies of last season's cards unavailable.

I wonder what % of season 1's cards would become CTE'd cards by season 10 ?

Yeah I assumed the same thing. The only other way which makes sense is to decrease rates of previous seasons.
I'm leaning toward the second since if previous seasons cease to be released monopolies will be able to created. If that happens players will be able to transfer money via their monopolized card easily. Currently if somone is selling a card which has only one owner the system will give that card to somone opening a loot box. If loot boxes couldn't get past seasons it would all fall apart.

User avatar
Excidium Planetis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7476
Founded: May 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Excidium Planetis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 am

Does anyone believe the prices for Season 1 cards will go up when Season 2 releases? Or is past card collecting not going to be very big, do you guys think?
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.


News: None. Good, right?

User avatar
Card slave 11
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Apr 20, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Card slave 11 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:29 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:Does anyone believe the prices for Season 1 cards will go up when Season 2 releases? Or is past card collecting not going to be very big, do you guys think?

Most likely they'll increase in price due to their increased rarity.
On the other hand, there'll be twice as many cards to bid on so there might be less/lower bids on most cards with people having to spread out their wealth.
I'd say most cards would decrease in value but the highly valued/wanted ones will increase in value.
This is all assuming of course that season 1 cards decrease/be eliminated in card boxes.
Last edited by Card slave 11 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:Does anyone believe the prices for Season 1 cards will go up when Season 2 releases? Or is past card collecting not going to be very big, do you guys think?


I honestly think they'll be completely frozen as they were when trading stopped last April. However, NS admins may decide to open up small windows in time for further trading. This could be used at certain times of the year to liven things up.

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm

Card slave 11 wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:Does anyone believe the prices for Season 1 cards will go up when Season 2 releases? Or is past card collecting not going to be very big, do you guys think?

Most likely they'll increase in price due to their increased rarity.
On the other hand, there'll be twice as many cards to bid on so there might be less/lower bids on most cards with people having to spread out their wealth.
I'd say most cards would decrease in value but the highly valued/wanted ones will increase in value.
This is all assuming of course that season 1 cards decrease/be eliminated in card boxes.


I'm hoping the Admins can tweak the auction system to prevent some of this shameless price fixing by the puppets of certain high rollers. Selling one's own card back and forth to yourself for huge sums seems contrary to honest competition.

User avatar
9003
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby 9003 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Benevolent One wrote:
Card slave 11 wrote:Most likely they'll increase in price due to their increased rarity.
On the other hand, there'll be twice as many cards to bid on so there might be less/lower bids on most cards with people having to spread out their wealth.
I'd say most cards would decrease in value but the highly valued/wanted ones will increase in value.
This is all assuming of course that season 1 cards decrease/be eliminated in card boxes.


I'm hoping the Admins can tweak the auction system to prevent some of this shameless price fixing by the puppets of certain high rollers. Selling one's own card back and forth to yourself for huge sums seems contrary to honest competition.



As someone who does this (see the 3rd most valued card) I agree and disagree it is very easy for someone to come along and make massive bank off it. In fact I believe you popped one in while I was bumping mine up for somewhere in the range of 10? Which works for me because I like to collect my own card. It is easy to up the market value changing it to be based off the average of every sale might lead to better numbers rather than the current that is 5-7 I believe.
Last edited by 9003 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 pm

9003 wrote:
Benevolent One wrote:
I'm hoping the Admins can tweak the auction system to prevent some of this shameless price fixing by the puppets of certain high rollers. Selling one's own card back and forth to yourself for huge sums seems contrary to honest competition.



As someone who does this (see the 3rd most valued card) I agree and disagree it is very easy for someone to come along and make massive bank off it. In fact I believe you popped one in while I was bumping mine up for somewhere in the range of 10? Which works for me because I like to collect my own card. It is easy to up the market value changing it to be based off the average of every sale might lead to better numbers rather than the current that is 5-7 I believe.


IIRC correctly, I attempted to dump the card when the opportunity arose for 9.99 (sold at 9.98). You bid me down a couple cents from your 10.00 bid then ceased bidding realizing it supported your overall approach, plus you gained another 9003 epic card.

My action wasn't the equivalent of buying and selling a card for high price to myself, which is no doubt within our current rules. I sold 9003 bc of the downside scenario.

My question to you would be... when you choose to sell out of a few of these cards and crash the value, does it matter to you who gets hurt and is that also a part of the strategy?

User avatar
9003
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby 9003 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Well I'd agree with you if there was a bot that auto bought cards at market vaule however an artificialy inflated card isn't popular and people still will trade them low there's a trade for under 1 in between my 40s -60s the only thing that changes is that it sits on top of chart

In my case I own more than half or pretty much all of the active market on 9003 and have no intent to sell them. For others tho I agree it could be used for "harm". I'd like to see a more accurate market vaule, or at least one that can't be fixed in under a week.

Personally I feel like it's similar to r/d in the sense that nation's can cause harm. Unlike r/d it's far easier to prevent or work around it even more so if it's true that cards on the market have an increased drop rate (still testing)
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Philomathia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Feb 15, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Philomathia » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:09 pm

9003 wrote:Well I'd agree with you if there was a bot that auto bought cards at market vaule however an artificialy inflated card isn't popular and people still will trade them low there's a trade for under 1 in between my 40s -60s the only thing that changes is that it sits on top of chart

In my case I own more than half or pretty much all of the active market on 9003 and have no intent to sell them. For others tho I agree it could be used for "harm". I'd like to see a more accurate market vaule, or at least one that can't be fixed in under a week.

Personally I feel like it's similar to r/d in the sense that nation's can cause harm. Unlike r/d it's far easier to prevent or work around it even more so if it's true that cards on the market have an increased drop rate (still testing)

Couldn't they just check if the seller and the buyer have the same ip address? That's what they do for the WA no? If they have the same address they system should just not count it in the market value equation.

User avatar
9003
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby 9003 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Couldn't they just check if the seller and the buyer have the same ip address? That's what they do for the WA no? If they have the same address they system should just not count it in the market value equation.


Yes it would be more server side work.

As for the harm in the end of the day most people just want to make a buck. By inflating the price it helps those other 15 nation's in my case raise there deck value
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Philomathia wrote:
9003 wrote:Well I'd agree with you if there was a bot that auto bought cards at market vaule however an artificialy inflated card isn't popular and people still will trade them low there's a trade for under 1 in between my 40s -60s the only thing that changes is that it sits on top of chart

In my case I own more than half or pretty much all of the active market on 9003 and have no intent to sell them. For others tho I agree it could be used for "harm". I'd like to see a more accurate market vaule, or at least one that can't be fixed in under a week.

Personally I feel like it's similar to r/d in the sense that nation's can cause harm. Unlike r/d it's far easier to prevent or work around it even more so if it's true that cards on the market have an increased drop rate (still testing)

Couldn't they just check if the seller and the buyer have the same ip address? That's what they do for the WA no? If they have the same address they system should just not count it in the market value equation.


Yes, I agree. And beyond that a mechanism is necessary to curtail it. i.e. a negative incentive for inflating the price of your own card by selling it to yourself at exorbitant prices.

A tariff could be introduced (possibly enforced by a bot) if the buyer and seller have the same IP address and the selling price is more than 125% of market value (MV). The tariff would also be on a rising scale. Therefore on the low-end it might be 10% if the price is 125% of MV. As the self sell price gets more exorbitant the tariff % increases. At 200% MV it rises to 50% and so forth.

It's kind of similar to a luxury tax, but it's only applicable if you're selling the item to yourself.

irl some people have been known to sell overpriced goods and services to themselves from one self owned business to other self owned businesses. Next they take those inflated invoices, hand them to their tax preparer who in turn itemized these as deductions on their tax returns, thus illegally reducing their tax bill. It's an old scheme, nothing new, but a lot of middle class folks have never dreamed of it. Needless to say, the IRS has a very dim view of these sorts of tax evasion maneuvers. :eyebrow:

In the end, it's all a matter of seeing what a person or player can get away with, which is why rules were invented. Rules protect the game from ruin. As games evolve new or changed rules are sometimes necessary.
Last edited by Benevolent One on Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
9003
Attaché
 
Posts: 82
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby 9003 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:00 pm

a non-flat tariffs or sales tax might just get extremely confusing and putting in on only sales that are self to self seems unfair for card farmers trying to bank mule.

What is the real impact of inflating a card to disproportional amounts? Considering that the actual market value is still what ever people will really pay for it. Remembering that the MV is not reflective of the price you will get for it.

The consequences I can see are

Pro:
Card value goes up for anyone holding the card
Looks good on the leader board

Cons:
Someone may be dumb and buy it based on the MV ( in regards to this they want the MV high anyway)
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

User avatar
Benevolent One
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Dec 05, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Benevolent One » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:29 pm

9003 wrote:a non-flat tariffs or sales tax might just get extremely confusing and putting in on only sales that are self to self seems unfair for card farmers trying to bank mule.

What is the real impact of inflating a card to disproportional amounts? Considering that the actual market value is still what ever people will really pay for it. Remembering that the MV is not reflective of the price you will get for it.

The consequences I can see are

Pro:
Card value goes up for anyone holding the card
Looks good on the leader board

Cons:
Someone may be dumb and buy it based on the MV ( in regards to this they want the MV high anyway)


Card values can also go crashing down as to the whims of a few of players. It's not all prices soaring up and up since some nations may acquires inflated cards and crash the value purposefully. No telling when or why.

Additionally, it is not unfair to card farmers as they can still make a healthy 24.9% profit per sale without any imposed tariff. A tariff merely slows the massive cash grab down a few notches.

It certainly needs slowing down as it causes rampant inflation which injures the majority of players.

What looks good on the leader board to well bankrolled players looks quite bad to majority of others and despairingly insurmountable.

A more leveled playing field keeps non-card farmer players (whom are far more numerous) from quitting the game in disgust. We need those players coming along. They should be protected. The future great players will arrive from those masses.

User avatar
Borovan3
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 141
Founded: Mar 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Borovan3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 pm

What does this have to do with season two? If this is about inflation of cards and combating it it could be in a separate thread

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads