NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 17 [DRIVER SIGNUP THREAD]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 pm

As I said on the RMB, it's just the DNF. Krupin ran a good race. Your writing has been great.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hapilopper » Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 pm

I apologize for the lateness of this entry. I just got back into NationStates after about a 10+ year hiatus and noticed this going on.

Code: Select all
NAME: Drake Stevenson
NATION: Hapilopper
NAME TRIGRAM: STE
NATION TRIGRAM: HAP
CAR NUMBER: 81
2ND CHOICE: 37
3RD CHOICE: 73

ABILITY:
Reliability (MAX 5): 5
Aggression (MAX 5): 2
Technique (MAX 5): 5

Bio:
Drake Stevenson is considered the top driver in Hapilopper, a nation where automobile racing is adored by the masses. Drake is a television celebrity, appearing in commercials for everything from fried chicken to the Preston Automobile Company's line of cars. His on-track technique is something to behold - he's not overly flashy, but he knows what he's doing out there. He's known for walking around a track the Friday morning before race day with a legal pad, taking notes for even the most minute of details - a bump here, potential unstable pavement there, slippery paint there, and the like. That attention to detail pays off, too, as he drove his familiar blue and orange Preston Skychief to victory in 11 of 34 races in last year's HASCAR Challenge Cup en route to the championship.

But that experience is also Drake's biggest setback. Drake's experience has been entirely in stock cars, both on pavement and on dirt. At 30 years of age, Drake has been participating in the HASCAR Challenge Cup for 11 years, and has very little experience in open-wheel single seaters. Open-wheel single seaters don't enjoy the same level of popularity that stock cars do in Hapilopper, primarily due to political wrangling between the top teams in the Hapilopper Championship Series, the nation's top open-wheel single seater series. Stevenson tested a Preston-powered Reynola a number of years ago at the Hapilopper City Speedway, lapping the 2.0 mile oval at over 228 mph (which would have put him 5th on the grid for the HC 500 that previous August), but stated he wasn't entirely comfortable with making the switch due to the instability involved.

The Preston Automobile Company, the second-largest auto manufacturer in Hapilopper (second to Major Motors) has vowed to support Stevenson on his way to the top of international motorsport glory. It is rumored the Hapiloppian government also has some support in Stevenson's international exploits - a rumor helped by a quote from none other than Hapilopper's president, William Mathis, a car guy himself. "Automobile racing is a massively popular sport in this great nation," Mathis said a few days ago. "Drake Stevenson is the cream of the crop of Hapiloppian auto racing, and it would certainly benefit this nation to see a Hapiloppian driver run up front on the world stage. We'll be more than happy to help him with anything he needs."

Should Stevenson find a ride in the World Grand Prix Championship, it would mark the first time a Hapiloppian driver would compete in international motorsport competition of any kind, but experts suggest that if anyone in Hapilopper would be appropriate to be the first, it would be him.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Sun May 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Hapilopper wrote:Open-wheel single seaters don't enjoy the same level of popularity that stock cars do in Hapilopper, primarily due to political wrangling between the top teams in the Hapilopper Championship Series, the nation's top open-wheel single seater series. Stevenson tested a Preston-powered Reynola a number of years ago at the Hapilopper City Speedway, lapping the 2.0 mile oval at over 228 mph (which would have put him 5th on the grid for the HC 500 that previous August), but stated he wasn't entirely comfortable with making the switch due to the instability involved.

You should check out NSSCRA: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=435639

New season is supposed to start soon.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Sorlovia
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Mon May 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Hapilopper wrote:I apologize for the lateness of this entry. I just got back into NationStates after about a 10+ year hiatus and noticed this going on.

To be fair it's probably far too late to get a place on a team.
Last edited by Sorlovia on Mon May 13, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Mon May 13, 2019 7:26 pm

If he/she plans to RP consistently like the post I just read, there are many teams that should think about the switch. Any driver who hasn’t written more than 1 or 2 RPs deserves to be switched. A new driver can help with the Constructors.

There really isn’t a point to joining this and not RPing, but some drivers get spots every year. That was a solid post.

Xiaopeng is potentially available, but not until the new guy is signed.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon May 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Vangaziland wrote:If he/she plans to RP consistently like the post I just read, there are many teams that should think about the switch. Any driver who hasn’t written more than 1 or 2 RPs deserves to be switched. A new driver can help with the Constructors.

There really isn’t a point to joining this and not RPing, but some drivers get spots every year. That was a solid post.

Xiaopeng is potentially available, but not until the new guy is signed.

I'm inclined to agree; that was good work and deserving of a spot, Hapilopper. In fact, there may well be some teams/drivers being eliminated soon for inactivity - so says the schedule - so perhaps one will become open! Even if you don't get one, though, I'm certain that someone would want to take you on for WGP2 when it rolls around.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Filindostan wrote:
(Image)
NATIONAL | BUSINESS | PROVINCIAL | INTERNATIONAL | SPORTS | ENTERTAINMENT | SPORTS PORTAL

MOTORSPORTS
Badai Angin launches WGPO and FH challengers for this season

(Image)
The Badai Angin BAP001 which will be entered for WGPC 17

(Image)

The Badai Angin KS01X which will be the base car for WGP3 Filindostan

(Image)
The Badai Angin IGR Tarogama FH170T which is currently raced in Formula Hodori

YOGYAKULTA - Badai Angin is ready to enter multiversal racing.

In a sunny afternoon here at the Yogyakulta International Circuit, Badai Angin announced the livery for the their three racing cars that will compete in different open wheel series this season. Apart from the already announced FH170T chassis powered by Hodoran engine manufacturer, Tarogama, the two other cars were revealed to the public eyes as well - the BAP001, which will be the Filindostani company's first WGPC challenger since they acquired Kissan Motorsport (KISMO)'s assets and WGPC entry at the end of the WGP2 season.

The company colors for Badai Angin graced the BAP001 chassis, with aqua blue the majority of the chassis, and a slightly darker shade of red coloring the wingtips, barge boards, mirrors, the intake and fins. There are currently aren't much sponsors placed in the car, but Gergarian tyre supplier Solymok with its X variant of the Megfogo GT being used by the car, as well as the website for Badai Angin, and Cepat, Petrofilindo's premium motor oil also present in the car. When asked, team principal Rudolf Ibuna said that they intended to keep some spots open for additional sponsorship, though it remains to be seen if any other sponsorship can be found aside from the existing ones.

As Badai Angin's driver lineup is not decided yet, Rudolf took the car's first installation laps at the Yogyakulta International Circuit, which is part of a Filindostani bid for hosting a round of the WGPC this season. This sparked rumors about his potential entry in the Hodori GT All Star Challenge, though he did not answer any questions related to it and instead focused on the WGPC team's efforts for the coming season.

When asked on potential drivers he wish to sign, he just said that there are plans in place, but he would not reveal any names for now.

Also present in the launch are the Joko Ajartambun, CEO of Petrofilindo, who majority owns the Badai Angin marque, and their Academy drivers, Chiemi Hino, Eiji Ibi, and Alvis Kalvin Lacsamana. The first two, along with Formula Hodori driver Kyoko Fujisaki were recently issued racing licenses by the Filindostani Motorsports Authority, and thus will represent FIlindostan moving forward. Hino put some laps on the KS01X, a slimmed down version of the KISMO chassis used last WGPC season, which will be used in the inaugural WGP3 Filindostan series this year.

Fujisaki was not present in the launch, as she was currently based in Hodori and is currently participating in the Formula Hodori Touring Series. The FH chassis remained on display for the duration of the week for the public eye to see.

Badai Angin is the third WGPC team to supposedly reveal their colors for the upcoming season, after McPahan and Camden already revealed their initial liveries for the upcoming season.

Other News
  • WGPC: Experienced drivers eyed for Badai Angin seat
  • World Cup Qualifiers: Filindostan 'should' qualify for the World Cup
  • Motorcycle Racing: Dahon interested in a possible superbike series
Written by FSNA Staff.

How does everyone come up with these really cool car liveries?
Last edited by Sorlovia on Mon May 27, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Tue May 28, 2019 3:08 am

I searched for F1 livery Photoshop templates as a starter, blanked out each of the layers and worked from there. Being able to work on individual layers is way easier than trying to do it all in one go.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 am

Sorlovia wrote:How does everyone come up with these really cool car liveries?

On my part? Access to a good template in the first instance, followed by fragmentary knowledge of some basic design principles, a fair amount of experimentation and a significant investment in time! Honestly, if you have Photoshop or GIMP and access to image search and are willing to work on it, you'll probably come up with something pretty good.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Tue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Sorlovia wrote:How does everyone come up with these really cool car liveries?

On my part? Access to a good template in the first instance, followed by fragmentary knowledge of some basic design principles, a fair amount of experimentation and a significant investment in time! Honestly, if you have Photoshop or GIMP and access to image search and are willing to work on it, you'll probably come up with something pretty good.

Sadly I don't have Photoshop but I've been able to find a decent template which I've been playing around with to get a feel for it. But it's pretty basic just using Paint.

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:54 am

Hi everyone! Sorry I have posted in awhile. I was visiting my cousin who has end stage breast cancer twelve hours away in another city so I wasn't able to get a reply up. But I'll get one up tommorroww.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:06 am

Sorlovia wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry I have posted in awhile. I was visiting my cousin who has end stage breast cancer twelve hours away in another city so I wasn't able to get a reply up. But I'll get one up tomorrow.

Worry not; as always, real life comes first and family is one of the most vital parts of that. Good to have you back nonetheless!

(By the way, since I seemingly forgot to reply earlier; GIMP is free! You can download it here; it does take a while to get used to but once you do, it's great!)
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorlovia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:41 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Sorlovia wrote:Hi everyone! Sorry I have posted in awhile. I was visiting my cousin who has end stage breast cancer twelve hours away in another city so I wasn't able to get a reply up. But I'll get one up tomorrow.

Worry not; as always, real life comes first and family is one of the most vital parts of that. Good to have you back nonetheless!

(By the way, since I seemingly forgot to reply earlier; GIMP is free! You can download it here; it does take a while to get used to but once you do, it's great!)

Thanks for your kindness and understanding!

Thank you! I'll definitely have to check it out. I need a new tool for designing liveries and such. Paint is somewhat limited in what you can do.

La Montevideo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby La Montevideo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:29 pm

NAME: Tévez Las Basá
NATION: La Montevideo
CAR NUMBER: 27
SECONDARY CAR NUMBER: 72
NATION TRIGRAM: LMO
NAME TRIGRAM: BAS

ABILITY:
Reliability (MAX 5):4
Aggression (MAX 5):4
Technique (MAX 5):4

EXPERIENCE: Rookie (WGPC), Inagural Champion (TAC)

Write something about your driver: Young, Fast & La Montevideo's TerreAiresCar (Or TAC For Short) Inagural Champion, Tévez Las Basá Should Be A Exciting Prospect.
If Tévez Lands A Ride At A Team, He'd Be The 1st Montevideoan To Compete Internationaly.
Last edited by La Montevideo on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
La Unido Kingdoma de La Montevideo
We Base Our Nation Off Of Stats
Our Current PM Sucks
Basic National Info
A Class 1.142 Civilization according to this index.
Generation 40, the first time you see this copy and paste it to your sig and add 1 to the generation

Mitary
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mitary » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:03 am

Name: Nick Kornoso
Nation: Mitary
Number: 11
Secondary Number: 31
Tertiary Number: 99
Name Trigamme: NKO
Nation Trigamme: MTY

Reliability: 3
Aggression: 5
Technique: 3

Experience: NOVA(NOrthern VirginiA) Regional Finalist, Mitary National Champion 2 years in a row.

About:
Fav Food: Taco
Very aggressive racer, has only raced 3 years, holds the national record for most money won when bet on, and is sponsored by Coca-Cola and Verizon.
THE DEMOCRATIC STATES OF MITARY
This Represents my Views(plus some random stuff like atheism and not being part of America)
Political Compass test scores: Economic Left/Right: -1 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
President: José Chávez Vigil
National Anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi there!

Season 17 was finished a long time ago. Season 18 should be starting up within a couple of months.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:44 pm

I'm so sorry for my lacklustre WGP2 III. Lisander will return, but in a very smaller proportion.
Last edited by Lisander on Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

The Jovannic
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Jovannic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:04 pm

I should be joining :)
ALL HAIL THE JOVANNIC!!!

Sporting Achievements:
1st:
2nd:
3rd: 3rd Jenna Raven Cup, Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy
4th: NS World Cup of Masters I
Semi-finals: IFC1
Honourable Mentions: Olympic Sliver Medal in Football (XIV Olympiad)

Charging forward to return to glory! (II)
Cricket ranking: ??
Football Ranking: 202

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015

Postby Ethane » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 am

The Jovannic wrote:I should be joining :)

Keep an eye out on the forums for WGPC 18 in the coming months then. This is last season's WGPC, which has already happened. The signup thread for next season should be up in the next month or few. In the meantime, you could always do your own WGPC3 championship, or ask any questions in the discussion thread. :)
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports