NATION

PASSWORD

Milford-Gaudier Academy [IC, OPEN, Pt. I]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Milford-Gaudier Academy [IC, OPEN, Pt. I]

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Welcome to Milford-Gaudier Academy
OOC-Thread | >>>IC-Thread<<< | Class-Thread | Discord

"True terror is to wake up one morning, and discover that your high school class is running the country." - Kurt Vonnegut
Note: Please do not post in the IC-Thread until the application for your character you are applying for has been approved.

Wednesday, September 4th, 2019.

The air was somewhat brisk, a cool lower-60s, teetering on the brink into the 50's, with a low humidity. Much of the students and faculty have yet to arrive on campus this early in the morning, a mere 5AM as the hallway lights would flicker on, the same morning crew of maintenance workers and janitors being retained over the years having it timed nearly perfectly. Yet, only an hour or so later, the school would begin to bustle with activity, a daily morning ritual that would persist for the lingering next several months, a trend broken only by holidays - and other off-days. Throughout the days just prior, student council members, cheerleaders and other student volunteers had spent decorating the hallways with banners, posters, and streamers - all themed, spirited to welcoming back many of the returning students. Even so, knowing there would be some new faces on campus, faculty and others would make themselves available, with friendly faces, to guide and assist newcomers who have yet to familiarize themselves with the academy.

The next couple of hours, once school opened for the first time to the swaths of swarming school students, the line for carpool would stack up rather quickly, as many of them being boarding students would have to take their time being meticulous with their luggage, hugging parents and other family goodbye before disappearing into the aged structures of the academy. Each student, for all their similarities, also equally starkly differing from one another. Each person wandering through the halls, seeking their friends or their dorms or just a quick bite to eat at the cafeteria on the first floor, with their own unique story to tell - their own impact, however small or large, and writing the next chapter of the school's rather illustrious and storied history.

Along with the list of classes each student had been assigned to take for the semester, a schedule of the first day had been sent to each individual student, detailing the rather unique structure of the whole day. Headlined, beginning, with a school-wide assembly, though not until 10:30, and aside from commitments from some teams or other organizations, there was no required set time for students to arrive before then. Such relative loose discipline regarding the late take-in, however, would not be analogous to how the rest of the year would transpire. All across campus, especially so along aligned against the interior walls of the cafeteria, were tables with information, flyers, and many goodies. Some of them of student-led organizations interested in recruiting and soliciting students, others manned by faculty who were keen on informing what services and post-admission opportunities the school itself would be able to provide for them. Everything from a bake sale to a popcorn machine to a JROTC station challenging students to perform as many pullups and pushups they are physically able to muster - in whole, a sign as to the extent the institution made certain it's commitment to the wholesome, and complete, repertoire and scope of offerings.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:22 pm

Wednesday, 4th of September 2019

Ernest woke up to the sound of Mozart in the morning at about 8:15, smiling as he felt the nice morning breeze through his skin...It felt nice, as Ernest was always a lover of the winter. Not fanatically, but still, he loved the morning breeze. He then got ready to go to the campus, packing his bags and then taking a nice, long, hot shower. The water flowed on his skin, with luxury soaps dipping through him....Soon enough, he was looking at his wardrobe...what to pick, what to pick? He already packed most of his clothes, so he was left deciding between three suits: one which was extremely formal, almost pitch black and with little pattern, clearly fit for a formal ball...or a funeral. There was another, brighter one, pinstriped and more informal....maybe more for a house party. And then...there was one which was bright, grey and gave off the image of charisma, almost like the first suit but not as dark. It was the perfect one, and so Ernest put that one on. He put the other two in his bag, waved goodbye to his parents, grabbed his breakfast from a rather expensive but high quality breakfast place to get to the Academy by 10:00. He wanted to be punctual, as it was the first day.

Ernest, upon arriving at the school, smiled, as he always knew the first day is the most opportune. He wasn't nervous this time around...well maybe a bit. But he knew the world would love him and he'd love it back. He played his violin whenever he could, bringing it around: when he was asked to play it, he always did, impressing people with his musical talent. He greeted a few people, you know, talking as usual. But, really, he was more interested in the musical part of life. He met with clubs and fellow musicians, looking for something to do during his time there. Being from a foreign nation, he really didn't have any lifelong friends that went to America, and the brother he had so relied on was now in England. He looked for friends, but as usual, music comes first, so when it comes down to it, he'd pick his music over a friend. He chatted all throughout the day, looking for friends and activities. After all, he was going to live here, so why not?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:14 am

Janet Sarah McNulty

Janet hauled her suitcases from the car into the dorms, her brother Jayden close behind. They had both complained when their parents had ordered them to move the luggage while they went to turn in medications and sign papers instead, but there was no arguing with them. “I’m a doctor, I’ve don’t far to much hard work for my kids to question me on it,” their father had said, diligently picking and brushing his short afro in the car mirror while his wife looked on with a face of mild disappointment. He was a grown man, and a successful doctor at Boston Children's Hospital, and yet he still got worked up over his hair like he was the high school student, and not his son and adoptive daughter. Janet had questioned his statement of being his kid, but quickly pushed that insecurity down. In the four years she had living with the Drummon family, not once had any of them made her feel like she was anything but a part of their family. Finally, defeated, she and her brother Jayden had exchanged a look and gotten out of the car, taking the suitcases with them.

Jayden grunted with every step he took, and Janet just tried to keep her eyes in front of her. “What do you keep in these damn things, cinder blocks?” said Jayden, hobbling along. For a guy who was the older brother, he sure acted a lot more like the younger brother much of the time.

"No, just the crushing weight of the world,” said Janet flatly. Jayden scoffed. “Its actually books though.”

“What, this whole suitcase?” said Jayden.

“No, but like, a quarter of it? Maybe a third of it,” said Janet. She held the dorm door open for Jayden, and followed him in. A student volunteer stood speaking with a family and their kid, who looked like they were the size of a freshmen. When they moved along, Janet stepped forward and the volunteer grinned at her. She was tall, with blonde hair and the generally peppiness that made Janet think she was probably a cheerleader. Pretty. “Hey, welcome back to Milford-Guadier,” she said in a bright voice. “Are you looking for your room?”

“That I am,” said Janet, putting her suitcase down and hearing Jayden do the same with a grateful sigh.

“Great,” said the girl, “just give me your name and I can point you in the right direction.”

“I’m Janet McNulty.”

The girl looked over a clipboard, and Janet tried to remember her name. She had freckles over her nose, and on her shoulders. Janet started to count them, then quickly made herself stop, trying to not watch the girls eyes to weirdly. Finally, she looked back up with the same bright smile and pointed Janet in the direction of her room. Janet thanked her, and waved Jayden along with her. They made their way down the hall to Janets room, Janet nodding and saying quiet hello’s to the people she knew. One door was open and a couple of guys sat inside, laughing happily and listening to angry music. The music followed Janet down the hall, and Jayden bounced his head along to it like he had not a care in the world.

As Janet pushed the door open to her new room, finding the one with her name plastered on the door, and threw her suitcase heavily on the floor near one of the three dressers. When Jayden came in after her, she pointed to the suitcase and said, “open it up, would ya?”

He plopped it on the floor and did as he was asked, unzipping it and flipping the top open. Sheets and blankets and a few jackets sat inside, sitting on top of a large block of paperback novels, many of which still had library stickers attached to them. The library was never getting those back , not matter how many notices they sent to Janet. She leaned over and pulled out her sheets, throwing them over the bottom bunk of the bunk bed, and flipping them over the corners. Jayden pulled out some books, and looked over at his sister. “Hey, what should I do with these?” he said.

“Just put em on a desk,” said Janet. He complied, and started moving books from the suitcase to a desk in the corner. She took her pillows out, and put two t-shirts over them by way of pillow cases, before fluffing a blanket over top. She leaned back over into her suitcase and pulled out a big folder, the kinds artists used to transport their paintings around, and a placed it carefully on her desk, throwing down a large stack of notebooks next to it, each one labeled in neat careful writing. She opened the big folder, revealing maps and portraits and detailed pictures of weapons and ships and intricate runes. They were all in black ink, with the same precise and careful writing denoting what everything was. Janet looked at them with pride, taking in her creation, the works that showed the entire world she had created in her head. She began pulling out the finished ones and hanging them over her desk, all in careful rows. Four maps on the right, each one an important locations in the grand story she kept hidden in her head. The twelve island long archipelago, the city of Townhill, the gargantuan nation of Arelenia, and the estate of the Sallwick family. Next to it she placed a row of pictures, all portraits of important characters. A man with wild hair and an intricate cane, a serious looking young woman with a saber and a revolver, a mysterious and faceless man in aristocrats clothes, and an older gentleman with long hair and hands wreathed in fire all stood tall and proud next to the maps of their world. Janet grinned as she looked at them, the ends of his lips quirking up in one of her rare smiles.

Jayden looked them over, rubbing a hand on his chin like a careful art critic. “Why do you always do them in black ink?” He said.

“I don’t always do them in black ink,” said Janet, “the ones I made for school freshman year were in color.”

“Yeah, but all the ones you keep with you are in ink.”

Janet thought about that, brushing her hair behind her ear pulling lightly on her earlobe as she did. It was a little tic of hers, one she had when she was thinking. “I don’t know,” she said. “I guess I just think it fits the vibe I want the entire world to have, you know? Like its pretty and elegant, but cold and dangerous at the same time.”

Jayden sniffed. “I don’t know,” he said. “I think I’m always going to prefer basketball to this kinda stuff.”

“Thanks,” said Janet in a dull voice. She picked up her suitcase and stuffed it under the bed, making sure it was long ways forward so the other girls in her room could place theirs under as well if they wanted. The two left the room, Janet flipping the light off as the closed the door. They made their way past the two guys playing music and the pretty volunteer at the front door, and Janet and her brother waited by the car for the parents. When they came they hugged her goodbye, and Ms Drummon, she could never get used to calling her mom, pushed a hundred dollars into Janet’s hand. “For going to New York of course,” she said when Janet asked why. Janet waved at them as they pulled out. She stood with her guitar that she had taken out of the car at the last minute before she forgot it. Finally, with a quiet sigh through her nose, she slung the guitar over her shoulder and brought it to her room, before setting off for the assembly. She hated the assembly that they had every year. It was always too crowded and to loud, and made Janet feel claustrophobic. Still, it was never too long, and so she could put up with it for a little bit if she had too.

Along the halls as she filtered towards the assembly area were tables, all advertising different groups and students organisations, trying to pull people in with various spiels and goodies and jokes. In actuality though, it all seemed more like just an excuse for friends to find each other and say hello. She saw on boy in particular, dressed in a grey suit like he was going to a business meeting, carrying with him a violin. She wondered why, and stopped to listen to him play for two others who had asked him to show off his musical abilities. When he finished, she gave a little clap, but said nothing and continued on her way, making her way to the assembly area and climbing her way into the back seats and sitting down. She crossed her legs at the ankles on the chair back in front of her, and flipped open a book she had brought with her, letting herself get caught up in the story to pass the time.

James Henry Barrow (Jimmy)
Jimmy rolled over on his bed, looking at the wall next to it. It was hard, and he had trouble getting comfortable on it, making him miss his bed at home. It wasn't a big bed, but it sure was comfortable, even if it was just a mattress on a floor. Still, he wouldn't let a bed color his opinion of the school for the brief time he had been there, and frustrated with his inability to fall asleep and take a nap, Jimmy rolled off the bed. He slipped his boots on at the foot of his bed, tucking his jeans over them and standing up to search for a shirt. He had a fresh new suitcase, the hard shelled kind, resting open on his desk, and he reached in to find a shirt. He pulled out an old one, the one which he had had since he was 15 when it had been to big on him. He had seen it at the local Walmart, showing off the legendary Macho Man Randy Savage, and had instantly known he would need to buy it. And buy it he did, ripping the sleeves off in the parking lot and wearing it home. He smiled as he put it on, before picking up his guitar from its stand and sitting down to play. He strummed some, picking the chords in a light manner. He felt the music surge through him as he played, feeling it lift his spirits and flow through him as his fingers danced over the strings. Before he knew what he was doing, he had begun to play a song, and sag loud and clear, letting the lyrics tell the story for him. He sang Country Roads all his heart, before standing again and placing his guitar on his bed carefully. He looked around briefly, before opening his room door and heading out into the hall.

He glanced at the name next to his on the door, Blake Peterson. He wondered absentmindedly what Blake might be like, and set off down the hall, brushing his hair back as he did. He nodded at the pretty blonde girl who had been directing new students at the front door, and grinned at a short girl and a tall black kid as they talked to the girl. They seemed like they knew each other, and Jimmy wondered weather they were returning students. He pushed his way outside and instantly wished he had worn something other than a sleeveless shirt. Growing up in Texas, he had hardly spent much time in weather below 75 degree's. The 50 some odd degree's of the Mid Atlantic felt like he was in the arctic to him, and as he walked across the green to the assembly building he felt his arms prickle up in goose flesh and the hair on his head stand up. He hated the cold, with a fiery passion, and now he was stuck in it. And it would only continue to get worse for the coming months.

When he finally made it to the building where the assembly was being held he was shivering, and thanked the lord through gritted teeth. Another student chuckled at him and said, "you doing alright there Macho Man?"

"I ain't never liked the cold, and I ain't never gonna like it," he said.

"Its not even that cold," said the student he was talking too.

"I'm from Texas," said Jimmy, "Its pretty damn well cold to me."

The other student laughed again, and Jimmy grinned with them, before making his way into the crowd. He looked around the tables for the clubs, doing some pull ups with the JROTC cadets and taking a cookie from one table and a key chain from another. As he was attaching the key chain to his room key, he heard the sound of someone playing a violin down the hall, and he glanced up at the sound, before walking through the crowd to see who it was. He came to a small crowd around a boy in a slate gray suit, dressed like a fancy banker or something, playing like it was no ones business. Jimmy listened, impressed by the abilities of this kid, and when he finished with the song he went to introduce himself. He was always happy to meet a fellow musician, even if they didn't play the same types of music.

"Howdy," he said the the kid with the violin, "You sure can play. I just thought I would come introduce myself, seeing as I'm a musician myself. The Names James, but most people call me Jimmy." He spoke with a strong accent, making him sound like a character from a Tennessee Williams novel. He extended his hand to the violinist, grinning widely and happily as he did so.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Adam Walker, Long Beach, New York

Adam woke around 5AM in the two bed room apartment that his Brother William rented. In fact he heard William laughing loudly with his Cousin Tyler Lane, and Adam's Uncle and Tyler's Father, Eddie Lane. Adam shook his head as he climbed out of bed, put his prostatic leg on and headed into the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast before his usual morning run with his uncle, and since William and Tyler had a small break before their next game with the Mets, so they were joining him and his Uncle.

As the four ran, William asked a question with a smile on his face. "You ready for school day lil bro?"

Adam smiled. "I guess. I know some from playing baseball with the school team in the summer and hopefully this goes better the. What it did at Little Rock Central After my crash." The smile was gone and Adam got a sad look on his face again, and so did the other three as they heard a lil about what happened.

"You think we will have time to see Danno when the Pats come to town to play the Jets?" Adam asked. "I hope so, and hopefully me and Tyler time to see him, as long as our Agent here or the team doesn't schedule us anything to do for a few days that week." William Responded as he nodded his head towards Eddie. Every laughed and smiled. The rest of the 3 mile run went by uneventfully other then having to stop and let Adam rest a few minutes before finally getting back to the apartment building.

Adam took a shower using Irish Spring Aloe body wash and Aloe shampoo and Aloe & Tea Tree Conditioner. He put on Old Spice Wilderness with Lavender mixed in. He pulled on a Under Armor Freedom Line Tshirt, Urban Pipeline Blue Jeans, and Ariat Square Toe Cowboy Boots. He climbed into the Modified Toyota Tundra 4x4. He made sure the Light Bars were turned off, and he turned the truck on and started the Gas Guzzling Beast up, with Outlaw Country playing on the radio through his phone, a CAT S41.

He drove through the Metropolis, driving the almost two hours from His Brothers Apartment in Long Beach to across Manhattan and over the Hudson to the School in Jersey City. traffic was heavier then what it was in Little Rock but he was slowly getting use to it, but it wasn't to bad yet.

He pulled into the Student Parking lot and parked in a resident student spot. He got out and grabbed his stuff and went to his room, After organizing his stuff and claiming a closet, bed, and desk. He then walked into the assembly area and saw Janet reading, so he walked towards trying to hide his limp from the prostatic leg.

"Hey, What ya reading there?" he asked.
Last edited by Kyraina on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Janet Sarah McNulty

Janet looked up from her book as she heard someone moving towards here. She glanced up, and straightened from her slouch to sit more upright. She nodded at the guy who was walking over too him, trying to remember his name. It started with an A, as far as she could recall, but she couldn't remember exactly what it was. Alex, Allan, Adam? Yeah, it was Adam. She smiled at him, and tried to not acknowledge his limp. She had heard that one of the new students was missing a leg, and she didn't want to make him uncomfortable if it was him. And besides, it was a slight enough limp that she couldn't really say definitively that it must be this guy. Maybe he had just rolled his ankle or something?

She looked back down at her book, but hardly gotten to deep into it when the boy, Adam she hoped was his name, came up and spoke to her. "Hey, What ya reading there?" he asked, his voice lilting slightly in a southern accent.

"Uh," said Janet, flipping the book over and showing the cover, "Moby Dick. Figured I would give it a go to be cultured and all that." Contrary to Adams, her voice carried the sharp edges of Massachusetts, sounding like a Boston tough. She paused a moment before saying, "Im Janet by the way," extending her hand to shake. It was a calculated move, one to try and learn boys name.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Adam Zach Walker

Adam smiled a lazy smile and shook her hand. "I'm Adam, and it's nice to meet a beautiful lady like yourself, Janet. always heard it was a good book but I never read it. My brother Robert has me reading a series called Demonsouled an the Forstborn, by some plup book writer that sells his stuff on Amazon kindle." Adam said with his Arkansan Accent.

He thought about how weird her accent sounded then thought about his own and then shurgged. His accent was weirder then hers this far north. "Ya care if I take a seat beside ya? This your first year here?"

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:05 pm

Kyraina wrote:Adam Zach Walker

Adam smiled a lazy smile and shook her hand. "I'm Adam, and it's nice to meet a beautiful lady like yourself, Janet. always heard it was a good book but I never read it. My brother Robert has me reading a series called Demonsouled an the Forstborn, by some plup book writer that sells his stuff on Amazon kindle." Adam said with his Arkansan Accent.

He thought about how weird her accent sounded then thought about his own and then shurgged. His accent was weirder then hers this far north. "Ya care if I take a seat beside ya? This your first year here?"

"Sure, go ahead," said Janet. She tucked her legs to the side to allow Adam through, pleased that she had gotten his name right and soaking in his compliment. She tended to keep to herself, so it was kind of nice to have someone so upfront. Really the only serious friend she had here was that girl Maureen from Belize. She placed her book under her seat as Adam sat down, and moved her legs forward again when he was through before speaking again. "No," she said in response to his question, "this is my third year here. Ive been going to school at Milford Gaudier since Freshman year." She glanced down at his feet as she spoke, his shoes having made a distinctive clocking sound as he had approached. They were cowboy boots, square toed ones. There weren't many of those in the north east, and Janet found herself feeling a little impressed. They were certainly unique, but in a good way.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Adam Zach Walker

"Sure, go ahead," said Janet. She tucked her legs to the side to allow Adam through, pleased that she had gotten his name right and soaking in his compliment. She tended to keep to herself, so it was kind of nice to have someone so upfront. Really the only serious friend she had here was that girl Maureen from Belize. She placed her book under her seat as Adam sat down, and moved her legs forward again when he was through before speaking again. "No," she said in response to his question, "this is my third year here. Ive been going to school at Milford Gaudier since Freshman year." She glanced down at his feet as she spoke, his shoes having made a distinctive clocking sound as he had approached. They were cowboy boots, square toed ones. There weren't many of those in the north east, and Janet found herself feeling a little impressed. They were certainly unique, but in a good way.

He walked through and took a seat beside her. "Nice, this is my first day here, though I been playing with the baseball team all summer, after school back in Little Rock let out and one of my brothers enrolled me here since he works up here." He said with a sad smile on his face. He was use to the Noise his boots made and well boots, Especially Cowboys were quite popular in Arkansas, hell about 75% of the students had a pair of cowboy boots back home. He then saw her look down at his feet and winced a lil bit thinking she had figured out he was missing a leg, but realized she was looking more at his boots then his leg.

"You like these? Hell my brother got them for me when he flew in from Christmas last year from Foxborugh, MA. Take alook at the top as he put his right foot forward and pulled up the pants leg to show her the design on the upper part of the boot.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:21 am

Main School Building
9:45AM

Standing just off to the side of the designated drop-off unloading area, among the masses of families huddling together to grab suitcases and orientate themselves with the campus - or even saying their goodbyes between students and family, was a family of three. One of them a girl named Sophia, dirty-blonded hair and slightly petite in statue, wearing a white spaghetti-strap t-shirt with a black-and-grey checkered button-up blouse, unbuttoned, over the previous. Below, Sophia was donning a pair of light blue jeans, holes cut around the knees and a few "fashionable" slits and tears for the appearance of weathering. Sophia's parents, both surprisingly younger than some of the others - only a meager mid-30 years or so of age.

The woman, Sophia's mother, broke into a wide smile, wiping away a tear as she gazed upon her daughter proudly, leaning forward to wrap her arms around Sophia's shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, Sophia. You know how much your father and I love you, right?" The woman asked, her voice resonating warmly. Sophia, leaning in to her mom, and closing her eyes while smiling widely.

"I love you too, mom." Sophia answered back, burying her face into her mother's shoulder, while her father grinned just a few feet, waiting on to the side with Sophia's rolling suitcase.

"My little girl, all grown up to be a beautiful young woman. We're only ever a phone call away, if you need us." He said, putting his hand on her shoulder. Sophia broke off the hug from her mother, turning toward her father, and smiled widely to him.

"Dad! You act like I'm going away to college!" Sophia said, laughing, and wrapping a tight hug around her father. "I promise I'll call often." She adds, as her father turns to kiss Sophia on the cheek while wrapped in a hug.

Sophia's father holds her for a second longer, before letting her go, looking down to the grown and exhaling, wiping a tear away of his own. "I am very proud of you. I know this was a hard choice for you, and it's going to be different for your mother and I, but we only ever want for what's best for you." The father says, smilingly, and reaching back for the extended-up handle of Sophia's light-brown rolling suitcase. "You sure you don't want us bringing this to your dorm?" He inquired, glancing down at the heavy bag.

Sophia nodded her head. "It's okay, dad. I only brought the important things. Didn't want to bring too much, and I'm sure my roommates and I will be going on shopping trips." She said, with a smile, holding out her hand to take the suitcase. Sophia's mother, meanwhile, began to chuckle and lightly rubbed her hand along her husband's shoulder.

"Fine, fine. We'll get out of your hair, Sophia. We should get going back anyway. I only took a half-day today. We'll call you when we're back in Connecticut." She says, sighing one more time before leaning back in for one more hug. "Be safe, Sophia."

Exchanging one last round of hugs, and goodbyes, Sophia smiled and waved to her parents as they went their separate ways, Sophia clutching her rolling suitcase, and turning to walk away, sought to find her dorm room. She meandered around some, initially having gotten lost, though eventually finding her way around, from the kind and insightful direction of helpful faculty volunteering to help orientate similarly confused newcomers, as Sophia. She walked down the aged, wooden halls of the school, glancing around at the portraits of previous headmasters and graduating classes of the institution, stepping out from the main building - and making her way to the separated dormitories.

School Quad

Just as she stepped out from the large double-doors, however, Sophia felt her phone vibrate, receiving a text from her best friend, Emma, back home, sneaking out a quick text while she was in school to wish Sophia the best of luck and how much she missed her back home. Emma was one of the few people Sophia grew close to, and trusted, back at her old school. They were each other's really only good friend, and Sophia felt as though she were betraying and abandoning Emma, but ultimately her parents won their case and the decision was mutual in transferring to a new school - one each other believed was best suited for Sophia. With one hand on her luggage, and her other hand holding her phone to text a message back, Sophia's eyes were distracted momentarily - yet just long enough...

Sophia walked onward, distracted, closer to the fountain in the middle of the large grassy semi-forested yard, boxed with a gymnasium on one side and a cafeteria on another, with dormitories lining the rear, and a columned walkway connecting each building in a rectangular format, and pavement stretching from each structure, dotted with benches and trashcans and light poles, with the pathways meeting in the middle around the fountain. Rounding around the fountain, Sophia suddenly glanced up to see a shirtless guy equally-distracted as he messed with his Fitbit, running straight toward her - and slamming right into her.

Sophia staggered backward, and he instinctively reached to embrace her as they both fell down. Sophia, instead of falling backward, was pulled tightly against his body, and he guided her to fall atop of him onto the grass, only for their continued momentum to shift their positions, with Sophia winding up rolling under him. The two look at each other, winded at the encounter. "I'm... I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" He asked, gasping for breath, pushing himself up some so as to not lie atop of her as much.

Sophia's eyes lingered a moment, equally surprised, yet studying the man's face and glancing at his shoulders and chiseled chest, before looking back up to him. "Y--yeah. I'm okay." She quickly shot back, taking a quick look toward her suitcase. "Oh no... the handle." She adds, pointing toward the broken grip. The shirtless boy rolled over onto his side, catching sight of dangling handle grip, and turned over back to Sophia. "I'm so sorry. I promise I'll get you a new one."

Just then, a few other boys come running up to them. One of them, a senior, trotted up right next to him with a smirk on his face. "Hey Blake! Whenever you're finished making out with pretty girls--"

Blake immediately turned over to the teasing senior, and wove his hand dismissively. "Dude, seriously?!" Blake retorted back, letting out an exasperated sigh. "Fine, I'm coming." Blake says, looking toward Sophia, his eyes lingering a moment on her, gulping, then pushing himself up off the ground, and extending out a hand to Sophia, still lying down on the grass. "Sorry, that guy can be a bit of a jerk." Blake explains, as Sophia reached to take his hand to be helped up onto her feet again. "But, I have to admit that he's right. You are very pretty."

Sophia smiled, blushing slightly, and shook her head. "Thanks, and... it's fine. Don't worry about it." She simply answers back, exhaling as she walks over toward the broken suitcase. "You mind helping me with this?" She asks, glancing toward Blake, who grinned and nodded his head.

Blake reached for an intact carrying handle, picking it up by the attached to the suitcase itself, and gestured toward the dormitory. "After you." He says, pausing hesitatingly a second. "So, name's Blake Peterson. Junior here. What's yours?"

"Sophia. Sophia Taylor." She responded back, extending out her hand to shake that of Blake's, who reaches out and reciprocates with his freed-hand. "Junior too, actually. And... totally new here."

Blake smirks, then laughs. "I figured. I definitely would have remembered you if you weren't." Blake says, turning his head to grin, to which Sophia shakes her head with a chuckle, as they make their way toward the dormitories together.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:26 pm

Kyraina wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

He walked through and took a seat beside her. "Nice, this is my first day here, though I been playing with the baseball team all summer, after school back in Little Rock let out and one of my brothers enrolled me here since he works up here." He said with a sad smile on his face. He was use to the Noise his boots made and well boots, Especially Cowboys were quite popular in Arkansas, hell about 75% of the students had a pair of cowboy boots back home. He then saw her look down at his feet and winced a lil bit thinking she had figured out he was missing a leg, but realized she was looking more at his boots then his leg.

"You like these? Hell my brother got them for me when he flew in from Christmas last year from Foxborugh, MA. Take alook at the top as he put his right foot forward and pulled up the pants leg to show her the design on the upper part of the boot.

Janet perked up at the mention of baseball. She had always loved sports, though she had never gotten too into playing, with baseball and hockey being her favorites. "Oh, you play baseball?" she said. "I'm personally a big fan of the Red Sox. Though, I guess I probably shouldn't mention that much, we're pretty deep in Yankee's territory here. You follow MLB?"

Janet listened as Adam described his boots. He talked about them with the sort of pride she might tell people about her writing, and she suspected it had something to do with them being a gift from his brother. She could remember a pair of brothers from when she was in foster care, and the younger brother had idolized his older brother. It had been sort of sad then however. The older brother was, well, not the best. He was cruel and vindictive, and often times prone to violence, though his younger brother could see no wrong in anything his brother did. He was the only family that poor kid had left, of course he could do no wrong to his little brother. Janet assumed that this was probably not the case with Adam. He seemed more like he simply looked up to his brother like a normal kid would, without the sad connotations behind it. "Those sure are some nice boots," said Janet, giving an approving nod. "Not gonna lie, I would wear those until they were shredded if I had a pair." She looked up and grinned at Adam, showing a missing canine tooth. She couldn't remember where it had gone, and there was a part of her that figured she probably didn't want to.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:24 pm

Edward T. DuFour
Maureen No More

From Belize to New York was certainly a change. A change that one could imagine to be quite refreshing, to be clear. Be it apathy or genuine trust, I'd spent the night in a hotel as there'd only been an afternoon flight for yesterday available. Although the hotel I rested at had not, indeed, been the pinnacle of luxury, it served its purpose spectacularly, with some leniency given to my dress, I might add.

From the depths of my second carry-on this morning, I summoned what I'd held dearly for the entire summer: Binders. Packers would have been an excellent complement, but a sock would suffice with the benefit of less suspicion at home, and less inconvenience elsewhere. Money, for the most part, had no part in any issue regarding my primordial transition, nor did it have much influence anywhere. If I could sell it to my father, I could afford any aspect of it at the very second. But first things were first: Presenting for the first time.

I changed from my pyjamas into today's first outfit for a hopefully smooth junior first day. It'd been a tough choice, but ultimately the charm of my brand new Glasgow brown tweed suit with my red and black plaid tie and brown cap toe boots won out against the part of me pleading for practicality. If anything else, the three layers would do well to make certain my binder would stay very well hidden. Alas, I couldn’t resist going all in for my first day. A homburg rounded out the look perfectly.

The pair of socks in my trousers and the binder that made those miserable orbs disappear mixed with the suit's cut made my reflection in the mirror a sight that I couldn't help but bask in. It was surely a pale reflection of the man I knew in my heart I was, but a reflection nonetheless. Even such a minute taste of selfhood did well to remind me why I would no longer stand to hide myself from the world.

I had plenty enough luggage; enough that a rather not insubstantial amount of it was hopefully to be shipped via mail to my room for today. A fellow can have a solid stash of clothing to draw from, after all. No crying now, there was no need for crying. The stigma on crying wasn’t exactly a perk of being a man, but it was one that nonetheless needed to be minded.

In any case, I gathered my belongings once my hair was gelled properly, and headed out. I ended up in an elevator with an elderly woman—one who perhaps made my entire day.

“What’s the occasion?” she asked.

“Just my first day of school,” I replied.

“Come again? I’m a bit hard of hearing, dear,” she smiled.

“I just wanted to look nice for my first day back at school,” I enunciated loudly enough.

“That’s wonderful,” she nodded, “Where do you go to school?”

“Milford-Gaudier,” I replied.

“Milford-Gaudier! Why I’m an alum!” she laughed, “Fancy that...ah...you know, son, your outfit reminds me of how my father used to dress. I always love to see when younger generations appreciate a good style.”

“Thank you ma’am,” I beamed.

The elevator doors at ground floor opened.

“I’m Edward DuFour, by the way,” I commented, “May I ask your name, ma’am?”

“Florence Eloise Anderson,” she replied.

“Well, Ms. Anderson, I enjoyed our conversation. Have a wonderful day!” I said as I headed off. The Uber was right on time, and everything was going swimmingly. Far too well, the negative part of me imagined. I made my way through the gates I’d walked through for two years prior with a firmer stance. At school, I’d need to make a point of overwriting my previous reputation—an act which the average junior would find exceedingly difficult. Being that I was average in most senses of the word, it would certainly be a struggle. A struggle that would hopefully be well worth it, but a struggle nonetheless.

I dropped my bags off at my dorm. Evidently my roommate had preceded me, as one dresser and bed lay claimed with stuff that looked like rather like Janet’s. Perhaps she was my roommate; I couldn’t recall if I’d seen the listings. Assembly began each year, and to be late would be an embarrassment that, although not grave, was by no means acceptable to me.

My friend Janet was sitting in the back. I went to join her, per tradition. Another fellow was at her other side, talking with her. They seemed to be having a decent conversation, so I went and sat at her other side quietly.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm

Ernest played the violin whenever he was on break, looking to get attention from people who were interested in such things. He needed to get people's attention without being too..well...attention-hungry. He played every single piece he knew, usually impressing people who were either musically talented themselves or had a background in music (or rather, music teaching). In class, meanwhile, he mostly just did his work, keeping out of the limelight as much as possible. He didn't enjoy most lessons - except English writing, art and music - but he nosed on anyway, knowing that that was how things would go. He was rather apathetic, not even paying too much attention: he was here to refine his musical abilities and make friends, not get perfect As in all subjects: a B or C would suffice for most subjects. Ernest, knowing this, mostly focused on music and social interaction, leaving the rest of his educational duties to be of a minor priority. He then began to seek out friends..
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Adam Walker

Adam's face dropped when she mentioned the MLB and he sighed, he looked around and saw that no one was really around them with in hearing distance. "I love the MLB, I rote for the Cards as long as they don't blame the Mets. The Mets are my favorite team, my Brother William plays catcher, and my cousin Tyler plays Center Field for them. It's not something I usually mention right of the bat due to prove trying to meet by bro and cousin via me, but I get the feeling your not gonna do that " Adam said quietly, and kind of San but perked up when she mentioned the boots again.

"Thanks, my oldest Brother Kyle paid for them when we went boot shopping when he came home for Christmas. It's not often especially during that time of year he gets to come home. I got another pair of boots and some shoes I'll be wearing more often as these are more for occasions like today and other special occasions." Adam said with a hint of a smile on his face but the sadness was still there in his eyes.

Adam walked as another student walked up and sat on the other side of Janet. He wasn't sure if she was a guy or girl as her face was just a little to femamine but she was definitely wearing a young males suit that made him/her look very much like a male but he shrugged and stood up to shake his or her hand. "Howdy there, I'm Adam. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Kyraina wrote:Adam Walker

Adam's face dropped when she mentioned the MLB and he sighed, he looked around and saw that no one was really around them with in hearing distance. "I love the MLB, I rote for the Cards as long as they don't blame the Mets. The Mets are my favorite team, my Brother William plays catcher, and my cousin Tyler plays Center Field for them. It's not something I usually mention right of the bat due to prove trying to meet by bro and cousin via me, but I get the feeling your not gonna do that " Adam said quietly, and kind of San but perked up when she mentioned the boots again.

"Thanks, my oldest Brother Kyle paid for them when we went boot shopping when he came home for Christmas. It's not often especially during that time of year he gets to come home. I got another pair of boots and some shoes I'll be wearing more often as these are more for occasions like today and other special occasions." Adam said with a hint of a smile on his face but the sadness was still there in his eyes.

Adam walked as another student walked up and sat on the other side of Janet. He wasn't sure if she was a guy or girl as her face was just a little to femamine but she was definitely wearing a young males suit that made him/her look very much like a male but he shrugged and stood up to shake his or her hand. "Howdy there, I'm Adam. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Khasinkonia wrote:
Edward T. DuFour
Maureen No More

From Belize to New York was certainly a change. A change that one could imagine to be quite refreshing, to be clear. Be it apathy or genuine trust, I'd spent the night in a hotel as there'd only been an afternoon flight for yesterday available. Although the hotel I rested at had not, indeed, been the pinnacle of luxury, it served its purpose spectacularly, with some leniency given to my dress, I might add.

From the depths of my second carry-on this morning, I summoned what I'd held dearly for the entire summer: Binders. Packers would have been an excellent complement, but a sock would suffice with the benefit of less suspicion at home, and less inconvenience elsewhere. Money, for the most part, had no part in any issue regarding my primordial transition, nor did it have much influence anywhere. If I could sell it to my father, I could afford any aspect of it at the very second. But first things were first: Presenting for the first time.

I changed from my pyjamas into today's first outfit for a hopefully smooth junior first day. It'd been a tough choice, but ultimately the charm of my brand new Glasgow brown tweed suit with my red and black plaid tie and brown cap toe boots won out against the part of me pleading for practicality. If anything else, the three layers would do well to make certain my binder would stay very well hidden. Alas, I couldn’t resist going all in for my first day. A homburg rounded out the look perfectly.

The pair of socks in my trousers and the binder that made those miserable orbs disappear mixed with the suit's cut made my reflection in the mirror a sight that I couldn't help but bask in. It was surely a pale reflection of the man I knew in my heart I was, but a reflection nonetheless. Even such a minute taste of selfhood did well to remind me why I would no longer stand to hide myself from the world.

I had plenty enough luggage; enough that a rather not insubstantial amount of it was hopefully to be shipped via mail to my room for today. A fellow can have a solid stash of clothing to draw from, after all. No crying now, there was no need for crying. The stigma on crying wasn’t exactly a perk of being a man, but it was one that nonetheless needed to be minded.

In any case, I gathered my belongings once my hair was gelled properly, and headed out. I ended up in an elevator with an elderly woman—one who perhaps made my entire day.

“What’s the occasion?” she asked.

“Just my first day of school,” I replied.

“Come again? I’m a bit hard of hearing, dear,” she smiled.

“I just wanted to look nice for my first day back at school,” I enunciated loudly enough.

“That’s wonderful,” she nodded, “Where do you go to school?”

“Milford-Gaudier,” I replied.

“Milford-Gaudier! Why I’m an alum!” she laughed, “Fancy that...ah...you know, son, your outfit reminds me of how my father used to dress. I always love to see when younger generations appreciate a good style.”

“Thank you ma’am,” I beamed.

The elevator doors at ground floor opened.

“I’m Edward DuFour, by the way,” I commented, “May I ask your name, ma’am?”

“Florence Eloise Anderson,” she replied.

“Well, Ms. Anderson, I enjoyed our conversation. Have a wonderful day!” I said as I headed off. The Uber was right on time, and everything was going swimmingly. Far too well, the negative part of me imagined. I made my way through the gates I’d walked through for two years prior with a firmer stance. At school, I’d need to make a point of overwriting my previous reputation—an act which the average junior would find exceedingly difficult. Being that I was average in most senses of the word, it would certainly be a struggle. A struggle that would hopefully be well worth it, but a struggle nonetheless.

I dropped my bags off at my dorm. Evidently my roommate had preceded me, as one dresser and bed lay claimed with stuff that looked like rather like Janet’s. Perhaps she was my roommate; I couldn’t recall if I’d seen the listings. Assembly began each year, and to be late would be an embarrassment that, although not grave, was by no means acceptable to me.

My friend Janet was sitting in the back. I went to join her, per tradition. Another fellow was at her other side, talking with her. They seemed to be having a decent conversation, so I went and sat at her other side quietly.

Janet watched as Adam's face fell at the mention, and quickly pushed the panic down inside of her before she let it get to big. This wasn't her mothers house anymore, she wasn't going to be hit for saying something. There was no need to be so cautious. She caught her light grin before it fell, and took a deep breath as discretely as she could. She listened as Adam explained his connection with the Mets, and tried to remember if she knew what his brother and cousin looked like, but came up empty handed. She was a Boston fan through and through, and if they didn't play for Boston she ignored them. When he explained his reservations about telling people about his family, she nodded understandingly. She knew what it was like to not talk about family, though for different reasons.

"Yeah, you don't gotta worry about me taking advantage of you," she said. "I cant stand the kinds of people who just use others for their own gain, so I'm not exactly going to be one of them."

Before she could get to deep into that line of conversation however, a new arrival strode over and took a seat. Janet watched them, trying to place them for a moment, before realizing it was Maureen. Her hair was shorter, and she wore a well tailored tweed suit that made her look like an English professor. "Maureen!" she said when Adam had introduced himself, "I didn't recognize you in that suit. Its wicked snazzy." She studied her friend with an approving gaze, and tried to get a better look at Maureen. She seemed nervous, like she was about to give a big presentation and was unsure of how it was going to go. Janet didnt bring it up, but tucked it away in the back of her head to bring up later.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:08 am

Edward T. DuFour
Still Maureen No More

I smiled as my friend acknowledged me, simultaneously shaking Adam’s hand as she spoke. It took her a moment, which made me reckon I was passing among my peers on some level or another. As soon as she said Maureen, the same thing that always happened when my old name was mentioned happened. My smile shrivelled, and grew into a small awkward smile while my eyes frowned. The same thing, always. She liked my suit, at least. I took off my hat, and placed it in my lap. I straightened my back for just a second, and then relaxed into the hard seat.

“Heh, yeah. I really like this suit. I bought it custom-made over the summer with my birthday allowance,” I nodded.

“But I’m happy to see you!” I exclaimed, hugged her from the side. My voice made me cringe a bit internally, but letting my friend know I was happy to see her was far more important, “It feels like it’s been ages, even with texting!”

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017

Postby Segral » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Theodore "Teddy" Clarke

"Ey, small up yuhself man!" Teddy complained towards possibly the most obnoxious couple on the planet. Hopping on the morning train to Milford-Gaudier was never a pleasant experience for Teddy. Either he ran late from home and had to practically sprint to get on the rail, or he arrived too early or the train was delayed, so he would sit around in bad weather waiting for the damn train. And once he got on, it was never pleasant. The train was always crowded with work commuters and students alike, and his stop provided only brief minutes of uncrowded bliss before the train filled up again with the most insufferable people known to mankind. Such as this couple in front of him.

True workaholics in their blood, they carried a screaming toddler in a stroller, but seemed completely oblivious to the damn child, instead choosing to yak away into their phones and Bluetooth headsets, simultaneously shoving everyone in their path to the side as they practically rammed the stroller through the rail aisle, pushing as aggressively as possible to get to the exit. Including slamming Teddy in the hip with the stupid red stroller, which hurt considering he was leaned up against a pole, and the metal frame was massive, meaning he bumped his head on the pole, knocking his earbuds out in the process.

One of the members of the workaholic power couple, whom Teddy presumed was the husband, turned around to give him a dirty glare for daring to bump into their precious manufactured stroller, his very powerful Burberry cologne wafting throughout half the rail. Luckily, it was short-lived, as the couple soon hopped off the rail, which seemed to increase the train-wide happiness rating by a full 50%. An old brown man was nearly bowled over by the couple as he attempted to get up in the train, only avoiding a fall by practically falling back on his walking stick. Quickly reaching over, Teddy extended his hand out to the old man to help him step up to the elevated floor of the train, the man weakly grasping Teddy's hand with a murmured thanks as he was helped up, promptly plopping into a seat vacated by the obnoxious dynamic duo and their baby. He seemed a dignified man, wearing a black flat cap, a neat brown vest over a plaid red shirt, a pair of beige khakis and some finely made leather moccasins. No stains, not a single sign of dishevelment or early morning blues. Not a hair was out of place from his goatee, not a tremble in his liver-spotted, wrinkled hands, the perfect gentleman.

"Thanks, mon." the old man croaked, a thick Jamaican lilt in his voice. A fellow Jamaican! He knew it was somewhat outdated thinking, but he was always happy to see fellow Caribbeans, especially Jamaicans, in Jersey City and the New York Metro. His apartment building had a lot of Caribbeans and Central Americans, and they were all close with his family, his aunties, his uncles, his muma, and the rest.

"No problem, mon." Teddy said, his own accent much less severe, but still somewhat present. "Bunch of wastes man, can't even look two feet without knocking us over with the damn wailer." he said, prompting the old man to chuckle.

"Thassalright, mon. Them screbs ain't hurtin' nobody, just givin' me the fright of my life!" he exclaimed, leading both men to laugh deeply, Teddy's a deep, rich chuckle, and the old man's a wheezy cackle. "Tell me about it, mon." Teddy said, grinning. "You see screbs like them every day, you'll seem in da morrows too!"

"True, but I don't let 'em bother me. Say, where ya fi headin' bwoy?"

"Milford-Gaudier Academy, suh."

"No way, man! My grandson Emmanuel's heading up there for his premier year up in school, grand ol' topanoris schooling! Say, isn't it your stop now?"

Teddy looked up at the monitor, surprised to find that the train was slowing down to meet his destination. Popping his earbuds back in, buds that were currently pumping out the sounds of J.I.D, he waved goodbye to the old man, hopping out the nearest exit and never looking back. If he timed it right, he would hop in just in time for the assembly, with enough time to meet a friend or two, and pop some change for a cookie.

Wiping away the crumbs from his lips, Teddy made his way towards the assembly area, broadly grinning. He had missed this damn school! Granted, he would never miss schoolwork, but he missed the hustle-bustle, the atmosphere, and especially the baked goods. Somehow, they were perfect every time. Although, he wouldn't dare mention this to his muma, she'd lose her damn mind. She lost her mind the second anyone criticized her cooking. Not that it was bad, in fact, it was delicious, more delicious than anything else, but it got a little uncomfortable when your mom was in a war with the bake sale over who could make a better mango cheesecake.

Many had gotten there before him, and few seats were open. Even fewer were by people he knew. Scanning the room, he searched for any, any familiar face. And soon he found one. Maureen DuFour, a Belizean/French/something-or-other girl in his grade. They had spoken a couple times, she was nice enough. And she had an open seat near her, close to two others, one a tough, burly looking guy with some delicate facial hair, and a thin, pale girl with bobbed black hair. He recognized the thin girl as someone else in his grade...Janet, or something similar. However, the burly guy was completely foreign to him. Might as well saunter over, what could go wrong?

"Wah Gwaan, Maureen! How are things with ya? Nice suit ya got there." Teddy cheerfully exclaimed, sitting down in a vacant seat near her. She looked different, with shorter hair, and what looked like a man's suit. Quite the style, a true Grace Jones looking chic. It almost made him feel conscious in just a plain white T-shirt and jeans. "...Janet, good to see ya too." he greeted, praying blessings that he hadn't gotten the name wrong. Finally, the new guy, the burly dude.

"S'up man, I'm Teddy. I don't think I've seen ya before, you a newbie to Milford-G?"
yea bro idk

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:54 pm

Peter Kowalski

Peter was the next to arrive, showing up in his 1994 Dodge Shadow. While it wasn't the fastest or flashiest of cars, coupled by the fact that it was one of the oldest at 25 years old, it still got him from A to B alright. After all it did get him from his house in Toronto to the school over in Jersey City, an <8 hour drive that would've been a lot quicker if he had taken a plane to New York and either a subway or bus to Jersey City. However, not only did he not want to deal with the airports but he also figured that he'd want to use his car while he was in or around New York. Not to mention that his older brother Michael, or Mike as he preferred to be called, tagged along for the ride, mostly to make sure that he got there safe and sound but also to keep him company.

After pulling into a parking space, Peter paused his iPod (which was playing Two Dope Boys in a Cadillac by Outkast) and turned the car off. Once he took off his seatbelt and disconneted his iPod, aux cord and stereo from each other, the two got out of the car, closing the doors behind them. Peter was wearing his usual get up of a beige field jacket (albeit with a plain black shirt), blue jeans and a pair of black and white Converse One Star trainers. Mike, however, was wearing a black and red plaid flannel jacket, a Toronto Argonauts replica jersey, blue jeans and a pair of black Vans slip on shoes. As Peter headed to the trunk of his car to take out his two bags, Mike asked him. "You sure you got everything?"

Once Peter opened up the trunk, he put the aux cord and iPod into one of his jacket pockets and started taking out his Team Canada duffle bag, putting it on the floor once it was out. It was mostly clothes inside, namely an assortment of t-shirts, clean underwear and clean socks, as well as a few pairs of jeans and home and away jerseys for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Marlies and the Canadian national ice hockey team. There were also some toiletries in there, like his razor and a can of shaving cream that he picked up the night before when he arrived in New York City. Right after he put the bag down onto the floor and before he reached in to pick up his next one, he answered his brother's question with a simple "Yes."

Peter then started to take out a second bag, a Toronto Maple Leafs backpack. Inside were school books, a pencil case and also his laptop and charger. The laptop itself was a custom built one that he got for his 16th birthday, made my his cousine Stéphane who lived in Laval, not too far from Montréal. Once Peter started to reach in to get his Maple Leafs gym bag, which contained some more clothes (namely his Toronto Raptors home replica kit, which doubled as PE clothes), Mike spoke again. "Just wanted to make sure because, you know, it's an eight hour drive back home."

"I've still got my passport." Peter replied, just as quickly. "Or I can just ask mom or dad or you to send something over."

"And how about Thanksgiving?"

"I can just buy some turkey slices and make a sandwich." Peter said as he closed the trunk of his car before heading to the driver's side door and locking it. "I could also send a video call."

"I guess." Mike said, sticking his hands into his pockets while Peter walked back to the assortment of bags on the floor. Once he was there, Peter put his backpack on normally, followed by his gym bag and then wrapped his duffle bag round his shoulder, though he had it in front of him so he could see where it was. And to make it easier just in case he needed to give people room whenever he walked by. Although the combined weight was fairly heavy, Peter could possibly make it to his room provided he didn't stand still for too long. "It won't be the same without you."

"Well, you know my recipes by now." Peter said, moving the duffle bag around so it wouldn't be too uncomfortable for him. "Well, you, mom, grand-mère..."

Mike decided to say his goodbyes. Not only because he could see that his younger brother wanted to get to his dorm as quickly as possible but also because he needed to be off himself. He then stuck out his arm and Peter did the same, the two doing a weird handshake where their hands would touch before pulling into each other for a hug. It was something that the Kowalski kids would do, especially Peter who normally didn't like being touched, though it would be a lot less awkward if it wasn't for the massive duffle bag in front of Peter. After hugging for a few seconds, the two let go of each other and stood back, with Mike speaking again. "I'm not gonna keep you here, so I'll let you get off to your room. However, can you do me a favour please? At least make one friend. I mean, it's just that you'd probably want someone to stick their neck out for you - metaphorically speaking - and me, mom and dad can't be there. Matt certainly can't."

Peter then stepped aside. "I'll try." He said, finishing the conversation. He gave a little nod towards his older brother before making his way to the front door of the school. "See ya bro." Peter said to end things for now, giving a wave from behind as he kept walking, somewhat regretting not carrying on listening to his song as he began his walk but he needed to be fully aware of his surrounding just so people won't bump into him. In the meanwhile, Mike then made his way off the school grounds, just narrowly avoiding walking into a certain New Zealander who was also attending the school. Once he was off the school's property, he looked both ways before he realised something. He was stuck in America for the next few hours. He then took his phone out, went into the contacts and rang his roommate at university, hoping he was there so he could pick him up.

Erin Sarenda

After a flight from Auckland that took the best part of a day (which included a quick stopover in LA), followed by a taxi ride from the airport to the school, Erin had finally made it to Jersey City, NJ. Her new home for the next year or two. Yes, she would miss New Zealand, mostly because her friends and family were back home, but at the same time she was a bit excited about spending some time in the States. Loads of people to meet, loads of things to do, plenty of beautiful sights to look at and it's not too far from New York City, which never sleeps. Not to mention the possibility of going to a Rugby United New York game, as well as catching the Rugby Championship if she was able to find a stream or the Rugby World Cup if she could find a channel. But, for the moment, her mind wasn't on the rugby but rather on the future, primarily how she'll get on in a foreign country, especially one she'll be staying in for a long time.

She then stepped into the school grounds, making her way past Mike as she walked into the school grounds. She was dressed in a KMFDM shirt, a half-buttoned East German military jacket on top and some dog tags underneath, a pair of black leggings and a pair of combat boots, primarily because she wanted to make a good first impression but also because, to her, they were some of her best everyday clothes. She was carrying a suitcase along the ground with one hand, a guitar case containing a bass guitar in her other hand and a duffle bag around her shoulder; though everything was fairly heavy, she was confident that she could carry it as it only really just slowed her down. Now it was just a question of whether or not she can make it to her dorm in one piece.

After a while, she arrived at dorm number two, which she unlocked after letting go of her suitcase. It took a little bit longer for her to arrive due to the combined weight of her bags and trying to make her way past a few people, including some shirtless guy who was in the girls' dorms and a girl that was presumably his girlfriend, but she finally made it there. Granted, she was the only person there in the dorm and, presumably, her dormmates would show up later. But for now, it would give her time to get everything sorted out. She decided to take the other bed, as she figured that the other two girls she'd be sharing with could fight over who gets the top bunk. Quickly opening up her guitar case to see if it was still in good condition (it was), she rested it at the foot of her bed and put her suitcase and duffle bag on her bed. She then opened up her suitcase and took out the first thing she saw, which was a poster for Bad Taste, one of her favourite movies. After sticking it on the wall next to her bed, she then pondered if she should unpack now to save her the bother of doing it later or do it later so she could explore the school and get used to her surroundings. After thinking about it for a while, she closed her suitcase and headed out of her room, closing the door behind her and sticking the key into one of her jacket pockets. She then headed down the hallway, hoping to find someone to talk to. And who knows? Maybe she'll end up making a new friend on the first day.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Female Dormitories - Room One
9:48AM

In a rather comedic sight, waddling down through the hallway with Sophia's suitcase in-hand as he smirks sheepishly while looking around, the shirtless Blake maneuvered through crowds of teenage girls, some ogling him as he passes, to the amusement of Sophia just behind him, trying to refrain from giggling at the visceral dismay displayed by the brawny male mere feet ahead of her. Blake, once making their way down the entirety of the hallway, stopping short of the first room, pauses to set the luggage onto the wooden floor, casting a skittish glance to Sophia.

"Uh--is, this... okay?" He asked, cracking a grin, and rubbing his shoulder. "I, um. I think I should get going now." Blake added, quickly, not allowing much time for Sophia to reply back to the question first-posed. Sophia, sidling up from the rear, and reaching out her hand in extension as a gesture of gratitude, smiled warmly toward Blake.

"Yeah, it's cool. Thanks, I've got it from here, and I do appreciate it." She remarked, her eyes shortly looking past him to see the doors opening, and the sight of a clearly-perturbed female standing within the doorway, eyes widened as she sees Blake speaking with Sophia. The girl's eyes dart quickly to-and-fro between the pair, before clears her throat loudly enough for Blake, whose eyes were admiring the facial complexities of Sophia while she was distracted. Blake snapped his head around, and appeared surprised at the sight of her, eyebrow raised as they meet each others' gaze, while Sophia stood by, idly, next to his side.

"The guys told me they're waiting for you downstairs." The girl comments, leaning against the door-frame, as she addressed Blake. Blake, meanwhile, quickly turned toward Sophia, and finally shook her hand with a smile of his own, before promptly turning about-face to jog off toward the door the girl stood against, and nodded at her as he passed by, a rather seductive grin etched across her face that Blake ultimately ignored as he scampered down the stairs. Once Blake was out of sight, and ear-shot, of her, the girl turns to Sophia, an icy expression about her.

"You, who the hell are you?" She bluntly asks, voice toned down to hardly that of a whisper, gesturing toward Sophia to come closer. Obliging, Sophia approaches the girl, looking curiously and confused toward her.

"Sophia, and you are--?" As Sophia was asking a question in return, she would be interrupted as the girl's patience appeared to be nearing for an unbeknownst reason.

"Listen, Sophia. You stay away from Blake." The girl barked back, arms crossed over her chest, and her eyes looking over Sophia's outfit. "He deserves someone with... standards." The girl added, a hint of disgust and disdain hanging in her voice, particularly in the last word she utters, and then, suddenly, retreating back toward the stairwell - leaving Sophia alone, all the more confused. Unceremoniously, Sophia leans down to dig out her key she stashed inside of one of the smaller pouches of the suitcase, and once retrieving it, unlocks the door to the room. Once opened, after, Sophia spots a brunette girl, shorter in stature, with a narrow blue-bandana wrapped around her hair, lying on her bed and staring up at her phone as she scrolled on her screen with her thumbs, her suitcases still lying on the floor next to the bed.

"Um, hey?" Sophia asked, offering a shortened wave of the hand, half-smirking toward her perceived roommate. The brunette looks away from her phone, toward Sophia, and grins devilishly.

"Heeeeyyy!!!" She answers back, swinging her legs around, and pivoting off the bed to rush over toward Sophia, extending out her arms to offer an embrace. "Hope you're a hugger! I'm a total hugger!"

Sophia chuckles, and extends out her arms, wrapping the girl in a friendly, yet somewhat awkward, hug with the stranger. "Yeah. Sure. I love hugs." Sophia said, still tad unsettled with her encounter moments ago, as the brunette girl laughs. "My name's Sophia." Sophia added, backing away and breaking the hug with the brunette, who started jogging back toward the bed she was lying on a second ago.

"Audrey!" She announced, plopping back down onto the mattress. "And, I intentionally didn't start unpacking because, like, I didn't know if you'd want this bed. So if ya want it, I'll move my butt." Audrey added, returning back to her phone, while Sophia smirked, approaching one of the unclaimed ones just off to the side, and setting her suitcase atop of it. Audrey quickly glanced away from her phone, once she heard Sophia setting the bag down, and looked back out toward the opened doorway. "You only brought one? I brought, like, four." Audrey comments with a wide, jovial smile across her face. Sophia glanced over her shoulder, as she unzips the large bag she brought, eyeing the four smaller ones.

"Pretty sure my one can fit two of yours, though." Sophia quipped back, turning to look toward her own luggage, and pulling out folded clothing, to start.

"Touché, I guess..." Audrey says back, cackling as she turns her phone around, clearly engaged in a game. "So... who was the guy helping you?" Audrey inquired, not taking her eyes off from her screen, as Sophia continued to line out a few folded outfits she had stashed in her suitcase, also not taking her eyes off her present activity to respond.

"Wait, you were watching all that?" Sophia asked back, finally breaking her look from the luggage to orientate toward Audrey, who exhaled and set her phone down a brief second.

"Saw you walk into a guy, lie on the grass together for a minute, and then both coming upstairs. I thought it was funny." Audrey explained, breaking into an amused grin. "And then I heard a commotion right out there, and then you came in. So, I kinda just assumed you guys were talking about stuff."

"Drama is all it was." Sophia said, then shrugged her shoulders. "Stupid drama. Some girl is just being possessive of him, and she didn't like him and I were walking and talking together." Sophia added, returning back toward her luggage to take out some bed sheets. "But, it's whatever..."

Audrey chuckled, swirling back off the bed to sidle up next to Sophia, clasping her hands together. "Who we beatin' up?!" Audrey asked enthusiastically. "I've totally got your back!"

School Quad

Once back out onto the grassy quad, out front of the dormitories, Blake ran out to meet his teammates, impatiently gesturing their hands to their quarterback - one of them mockingly pinwheeling their arm in a circular motion, even, to the jestful jeering of the rest toward Blake. Blake dismissively wove his hand, once he jogged up to them, and shook his head. "Alright, alright. Okay. I'm here. Let's go." Blake remarked, as they continued on with their running back to the weight-room and practice field, not far from where they were, to quickly shower and change.

Blake, rather than showering, opted to just quickly rub some deodorant on, and put on clean clothes - stashing his shorts into a backpack, before venturing out toward the swelling numbers of students arriving, the body growing as the minutes tick by, ever-closer to the start of the opening assembly. Making his way through the crowds, some standing by idly outside of the gymnasium, awaiting for the doors to open, while the others walk around to check out the tables all around campus, many of them underneath the columned walkways surrounding the quad, connecting the buildings.

Making his rounds, saying hello to many of the same faces he's recognized over the last couple of years at his school, Blake happens to near Jimmy, his roommate incidentally, as a teammate of his hoots and hollers. "Yo! Blake-y! Peterson! The hell's been up with you, man?" Blake's teammate exclaimed, extending out his hand for a high-five to the quarterback, with Blake reciprocating.

"Hey man! I've been alright. Just, man. I'm kinda bummed summer's over just like that, you know what I mean?" Blake responded back, with his teammate nearing him, leading to catching up and talking about their summers - Blake's teammate seemingly dominating that conversation for the time being, after Blake had his initial spiel.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Adam was quiet as Janet and Maureen/Edward Spoke and notice the smile slowly fade and hurt in the gal's/guy's eyes. He was about to ask What Maureen's/Edward's name was when a tall lanky black kid came up and butted into the conversation.

Adam Raised a eyebrow as he heard Maureen's name again, but wasn't paying attention to her/him to see if she made another painful face or not. And Adam was already Aggregated a lil bit by the time the kids, who called himself Teddy addressed Him.

"Howdy there, I'm Adam, and no this isn't my first day here at this wonderful school." Adam said sarcastically as he poured on a little More of a backwoods Arkansan Accent on. He Shook his head and sighed. He Turned to Maureen/Edward and putting his voice back to his normal accent. "I noticed you didn't like the name Janet and this guy, Teddy, here called ya, so what do you prefer to be called, that i don't fudge things up, like Teddy Here."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Edward T. DuFour
I Am Edward

And so it happened. Someone asked me what I wanted to be called. In all my right mind, I knew waiting would be wiser, but the deep primal illogical desire to break free overrode it wholeheartedly. I just needed to say it now. I needed to tell the world my name, and look directly into the future’s burning eyes with iron resolve. I inhaled deeply, and looked to my friend Janet. Not the two guys around me, not the one who asked for my, my friend, Janet.

“Alright...well,” I began with a stony-eyed and emotionless expression, shifting the saliva in my mouth as I paused, “I suppose...there isn’t any...easy—any simple—way to put this. I’m not Maureen. My name is Edward. I’m Edward now. Edward Theodore DuFour. That’s—that’s my name.”

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 pm

Janet Sarah McNulty
Janet leaned forward to better look at Maureen. Or, well, Edward, she guessed. She, or he, if that was what Edward was asking for, seemed nervous but confidant in his words. Janet studied her face, letting others talk first and choosing her words carefully. She didn't really know what to make of this admission, she had never experienced anything like this before. Sure, Maureen had always been a bit of a tomboy, but this was a different beast altogether. "Maureen," started Janet, before catching herself. "I mean, Edward, sorry. Edward, are you saying you're trans?"

Janet hoped it had come out OK. It was awkward, to be sure, but that didnt make Edward not her friend. She wanted to make sure she wasn't offending her friend, and wanted to support him. Still, this admission had come wholly out of left field for Janet, and she was trying to work it all out in her head before she moved forward to fast. "I mean, its OK with me if you are," she explained, gesturing with her hands almost defensively, "Its just kinda out of nowhere, you know? At least, it is for me. Why didn't you tell me?" She felt a little sad at the thought that maybe Maureen, now Edward, had been afraid to tell Janet. She considered her and Edward to have been good friends, really one of Janet's only friends. She hoped it was not anything against her.

Jimmy Henry Barrow
Jimmy glanced around from the conversation he had found himself stuck in, listening as two freshmen babbled on about something or another. He had made an offhand comment about some aspect of music theory and scales, and had suddenly found himself listening as the freshmen took a meandering and confusing course to explain to Jimmy why he was wrong about the use of scales in blues. Jimmy sighed as the kid spoke, chewing a cookie in one hand and fiddling with the change in his pocket with the other. The kid kept up his meandering speech, always turning the conversation back to the scales used in modern pop country and why that meant all country was bad, ignoring Jimmy's point about how blues scales were the river from which all modern music flowed, even country music. It was the foundation of rock and roll, which was in turn the place where all other popular genres came from. It included pop, rock, funk, country, and just about any other genre one could think of.

Jimmy swiveled his head around, searching the crowd for anyone he may know, though it was a slim chance considering it was his first day here. But, to his excitement, he caught the face of Blake. . . Peterson? He couldn't remember his last name, but he could remember his face. He had found him in the previous years yearbook. "Hey, are you paying attention?" said the freshmen.

Jimmy turned back and gave the kid a dull look. "No," he said. "Anyways, good luck getting people to like you with long winded speeches kid, I'm out." He chuffed the kid on the shoulder and spun on his boot heel, setting off through the crowd of people. He ran into a short girl and apologized, flashing her a grin. As he reached Blake, he licked his fingers of the chocolate from the cookie and extended his other hand to shake. "Howdy," he said. "I'm Jimmy, your roommate. I figured I would come over and introduce myself, seeing as we're gonna be living together and all that."

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:21 am

Yixuan Zhu

7:20
It was still quite early with only a sliver of light shining making its way through the gap in the curtains and onto the floor of the dorm. Yixuan glanced down at his phone, the time reading 07:23, well in advance of the morning’s upcoming school wide assembly, presumably little more than a welcome back for students and welcome to any newcomers. He had arrived in the United States five days earlier, giving him ample time to navigate his new and unfamiliar surroundings and see where everything in this new school campus was located. As of this morning, he was only really familiar with the route around the school, nearby public transport and a few streets in the immediate vicinity, though once he had been here long enough everything else that mattered would sink into place too. His journey had been without much error but that was compensated for in length and all the accompanying stress. After crossing the border from Shenzhen into nearby Hong Kong he flew eight hours to Dubai, had four hours waiting in stopover time which was followed up by a nearly fourteen hour flight to JFK Airport in New York and then the journey onwards to Jersey City. It was quite exhausting, especially considering he found it difficult to sleep for more than an hour at a time on each flight. It was still a little much to properly process that he would be studying for an entire academic year in a different country, where he knew no one and had never been before. Jersey City was a far cry from Shenzhen, with thousands of kilometres separating Yixuan from his homeland, but he wasn’t hugely phased. Of course, he missed China very much already, but he was also eager to experience this new life and today would be the first day of the academic side of said life.

Now living on site in room three, his dorm situation was surprisingly comfortable and despite not being perfect Yixuan felt it would be sufficient for his time here. He hadn’t brought with him many possessions from China, his clothes being the obvious exception. Aside from clothes he had packed some Chinese language books, a small Chinese flag and a few posters of traditional artwork for his part of the wall. He hadn’t properly been introduced to his roommates yet but that would come eventually, there were two others as far as he could tell by noting the number of beds in the room. At 8:55 Yixuan finished his breakfast of rice porridge and oranges and left to shower and change for the day ahead.

9:30
He wore slim black chinos which were rolled up twice at the bottom, alongside a double breasted crimson coloured button up shirt with narrow white vertical stripes with a light jacket over his shoulders, the outfit was completed when he he slipped on a black face mask to cover his nose and mouth. His soft black hair fell over his forehead ending just above his eyes and nicely complementing his honey tone skin. A Quicksilver backpack slung over his shoulder was light but carried some food in a lunchbox and notebooks for the day ahead. Now ready to seek out the assembly, Yixuan put in his ear phones and pressed play on his most recent playlist. Stepping outside the dorm room and locking it behind him he continued down the corridor. Two minutes later, it occurred to him he wasn’t sure exactly what room it was to be held, he assumed an auditorium of some variation but where exactly that was was unknown to him. He glanced around to see if there was anybody nearby he could ask and was let down to see nobody until two other students entered the dorm corridor. He approached slowly intending to ask but upon noticing the boy’s shirtless state and well shaped torso he blushed slightly and tried to somewhat avert his gaze and focus on the girl but as they were carrying luggage and looked as if they were trying to go somewhere, Yixuan simply passed them by and waited for some one else. Luckily he wasn’t left waiting idle for too long as less than a minute later someone else appeared. She was dressed a little unusually in what looked like a military jacket. Her outfit immediately came across as intimidating but that didn’t necessarily mean she was too. Not thinking too much of it, he pulled out his earphones and walked up to her. He was just asking a simple question, that wasn’t too difficult. “Excuse me,” he began, to get her attention as respectfully as possible. “Can I ask....do you know where we need to go for the assembly this morning?” the Chinese boy continued, a little quieter.
Last edited by Kwadai on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:42 am

Edward T. DuFour
Now They Know

I had a serious, pensive expression on. This would require careful wording to be conveyed properly. I didn’t want to make it seem like Janet had any part in keeping me closeted—she didn’t. Explaining the admittedly somewhat complicated experience and reasoning for being closeted was never simple, but it never was.

“Janet,” I said softly, “It’s not about trust; I trust you. Believe me—I have more than a few reasons for doing what I’m doing. I’ve known how it is since before I came to this school. I’ve been closeted that long. Even with the knowledge that you wouldn’t hold it against me, there was no need to put that kind of burden on you; not when there wasn’t anything you could do to help. I didn’t want to put you in a situation where you’d be in an awkward position, like having to misgender me or call me Maureen in front of people with the knowledge that I hated it.”

“But maybe I’ve gotten a bit ahead of myself. I’m trans. My name, is, again, Edward, and I have intentions of conducting myself as a man this year. I’m ready for honesty with everyone now. And I hope you understand that I didn’t tell you not out of lack of trust in you, but just because I didn’t think this sort of conversation would be necessary until I came out. Of course, I suppose I forgot to factor in the fact that you might’ve been a bit confused or upset that I didn’t confide in you sooner. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner, but I hope you sort of get where I was coming from.”

Sperio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sperio » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:52 am

Garrett Hudson

8:25

“The grind begins again”

Garrett said as he exited the car. With his luggage in hand, he headed into the building. First stop, the room to set up shop. He headed up the stairs and admired the scenery as he headed up to his room. Once there, he put his laptop and tablet on the desk. This is where he would do most of his work for school and commissions. He placed his clubs by the bed he would claim and started to put away his stuff. He soon finished and then headed to go to the Quad for the Assembly, then, during lunch it was to the athletics office to see th3 golf roster.

8:30

Garrett had arrived at the quad and decided to look around to try to find new people as he waited for class to start.

(Sorry if this is kind of short)
Bow to the nuke gods

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Erin Sarenda

As she walked away from her dorm, she heard someone talk to her. It turned out to be Yixuan, who simply wanted her attention. "Yes?" She asked, smiling a little bit, her New Zealand accent shining through as she spoke. It turned out that he wanted to know where the assembly would be held. Erin didn't know either, though she did have an idea of where it was held. "Wouldn't it be in an auditorium?" Erin quietly asked herself, somewhat confused by what he meant. Unless he also figured it was in an auditorium but didn't know where it was. So she got an idea. She then raised her index finger and said to the guy "One minute please, bro."

She then headed off back to her dorm, noticing that the girl from earlier was not only in her dorm but was also having a conversation with another girl, presumably her roommate. She made a mental note to try and get to know the neighbours once she finished helping out Yixuan. But for now, she unlocked her dorm door and stepped inside, opening up her suitcase and taking out her laptop bag, which also doubled as a schoolbag. She unzipped it all the way and took out a sheet of paper, which turned out to be a map of the school that she printed out the night before. Although she originally planned to keep hold of it so she could memorise it, she figured that she could always print off another copy. But for now, she folded it up and stuck it in one of her jacket pockets. She zipped the bag back up and put it back in her suitcase, closing it back up.

She then left the dorm, closing and locking the door behind her. Passing by Sophia and Audrey's room, giving them a brief glance as she passed by, she then headed back over to Yixuan and answered his question. "I'm not sure either but I think there might be a teacher around here who'll help you." Granted it wasn't much of an answer and it probably came a little bit later than it should've but at least it got answered. Besides, she didn't know either and she didn't want to send him the wrong way just in case he took it the wrong way as well. Either way, once she answered him she took the bit of paper out of her jacket pocket, still folded. "However, here's a map I printed off last night, it should help you get around the school." She said, smiling as she held it in front of him. "You can keep it bro, I can just print off another copy."
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse