NATION

PASSWORD

Edit for Issue #1114 "Patriotism Flagging"

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Happy crappers 2
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Edit for Issue #1114 "Patriotism Flagging"

Postby Happy crappers 2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:48 am

I haven't really put enough thought into this but I had this issue and I felt like there should have been another option where you allow foreigners to wave their own flags if they wish, but they also have to wave your nation's flag as well as a sort of compromise.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:57 am

Happy crappers 2 wrote:I haven't really put enough thought into this but I had this issue and I felt like there should have been another option where you allow foreigners to wave their own flags if they wish, but they also have to wave your nation's flag as well as a sort of compromise.
This was suggested in the drafting thread, and incorporated into the submitted issue, so I assume its omission from the editors' final version is deliberate. Don't ask me why.

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Oh hey, my issue!

As noted above, the submitted version did contain on option exactly as you mention. However, the Editors found it necessary to cut it out.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Perhaps it was a bit too much of a nonconsequencial compromise, and was also using up too much room for the issue at hand?
I'm not saying that's what it was, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Jutsa wrote:Perhaps it was a bit too much of a nonconsequencial compromise, [...]?
I didn't think so. It was an authoritarian/nationalist option that made sense, as opposed to the current split of promoting diversity plus two ridiculously-over-the-top authoritarian options.

Then again, the pro-diversity option is also more over-the-top than just "FREEDOM!", but at least it's not forcing anybody to attend these parades.

Happy crappers 2
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Happy crappers 2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:09 am

Trotterdam wrote:This was suggested in the drafting thread, and incorporated into the submitted issue, so I assume its omission from the editors' final version is deliberate. Don't ask me why.

I like how that was the first comment on it too. lol
Alright I will take this over there. Thank you for showing this.

Return to Got Issues?