NATION

PASSWORD

WW1 IC [Semi-Historical, Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 pm

My dear grandson,

There will be a time when I won't be able to protect you anymore, perhaps sooner than any of us wishes. There are plenty of war hawks in my court, just as I would expect there are in yours. When I'm gone, who's to say they won't get a free reign?

You've always had a strong mind of your own, and that's usually good, but I beg you, please, that you begin to pursue a more careful foreign policy. Let's take this whole Bulgarian nonsense, for example. Weather it was a pro-communist or an anti-communist intervention, or neither, it was so very unnecessary. So just stop it. We are not amused.

Love, Granny V.

P.S: How is your lovely wife, Augusta Victoria, and your children? I hope they are well. Tell them I said hi. You all ought to come over for tea some time. That would be most pleasant.

After signing the letter to Kaiser Wilhelm, Queen Victoria wrote to the king of Greece that Britain accepted his offer of an alliance. She also presented the idea of an anti-communist bloc to the Iberian Empire, and the PSA. It seemed most nations were on the same page as Britain, and that strengthened her in her belief that she was doing the right thing.

In the meantime, her prime minister didn't let the pen rest either...

To: His Majesty Emperor Meiji

Greetings,

As it would turn out, we have similar goals. I would assume that from your point of view, the Soviet Union is also a European power, and if so, we are in complete agreement that their influence should be hindered.

However, as you very well know, the British Empire owns a substantial part of Asian territory. If our two empires are to form a pact that will last in the long run, that must be acknowledged, even if we wholeheartedly support the idea to not let other European powers expand in Asia. I'm sure this will be part of the negotiations during the conference which we'll be happy to attend to, but nevertheless I'd like to state the following, so that we have all the cards on the table.

1.) Asian territories currently under the British Crown will remain so also in the future.

2.) Britain will however not actively pursue a policy of acquiring any more land in Asia.

If that's acceptable, then I see no reason why we can't work together.

Signed,
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, P.M.

In Africa, trouble was brewing. The boers were rebelling in South Africa, but if they thought they could get away with it just because they were white, then they were wrong, and had learned nothing from the experiences of the Irish.

Lord Kitchener led the redcoats against the agitated Afrikaaners, and he would soon recieve reinforcements from India (including captains Blackadder and Harkness, as well as sergeant Jack Tanner), but it would be quite helpful if the Union to the north also assisted in the Anglo-African advance. His superiors agreed to his idea, and sent a formal request to Korfa Bule.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Barapam wrote:
In Africa, trouble was brewing. The boers were rebelling in South Africa, but if they thought they could get away with it just because they were white, then they were wrong, and had learned nothing from the experiences of the Irish.

Lord Kitchener led the redcoats against the agitated Afrikaaners, and he would soon recieve reinforcements from India (including captains Blackadder and Harkness, as well as sergeant Jack Tanner), but it would be quite helpful if the Union to the north also assisted in the Anglo-African advance. His superiors agreed to his idea, and sent a formal request to Korfa Bule.

Bule smirked, the British he was so fond of were offering him a chance to quell any rumour of corruption, he also thought his soldiers would learn from the sophisticated English and wrote back;

Dear sir
I have received your letter and it goes to say that i'm am honoured that the Union is offered such a chance and to which i gladly accept, i hope that in enjoining in your efforts in South Africa will not only bring our nations together but i also think that my soldiers will benefit from your men's knowledge of the battlefield and war tactics using these state of the art weapons,
I plan to send you the regiment that i had sent to Malawi of 20.000 troops to fight under joint command of the British empire and African Union
I thank you again
Korfa Bule
Last edited by Eggistaan on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Franco-Iberie
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Franco-Iberie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Fort Rosecrans, San Diego, June 6, 1900

The fort overlooking the Pacific and the San Diego Bay was abuzz with activity that morning. The men drilled outside on the parade grounds and inside the officers' quarters a meeting was held. General George Custer, a fat, greying man of 60 still egotistical as he ever was in his youth, stood studying a map of Northern Mexico and smoking his pipe. A guard knocked on the door and said "Sir, the men you requested are here." then opened it.

Four men filed inside and stood at attention, wearing the uniforms of Major Generals.

"Generals MacArthur, Parker, Pershing, and Dugan. I hope I don't need to explain why we're all here right now?"

"No sir." MacArthur answered for the group

"Splendid. In light of public outrage at the recent events at the Morgan Oil Refinery in Arizona, President Bryan has authorized an incursion into the Mexican Republic of forty thousand men to be lead by myself in order to force their government to comply with our demands. MacArthur and Pershing will each have a command of 12,000 of the infantry and Parker will have 10,000 of the cavalry. Malone will have a command of 6,000 of the infantry to march down the Baja California peninsula. The rest of you will march south from Phoenix down to Tucson, which we should have help taking from Anglo-Saxon militias. From there we split and head further south into Sonora and Chihuahua, taking railroad arteries along the way. We continue to do that until Porfirio Diaz's government surrenders. That clear?"

"Yes sir." The other men answered one after the other.

"Good. Any extra money or supplies we need will be funded by the Navy's upcoming sale of some old ships, but if that doesn't cover it, forage whatever you need to. Let the politicians in Frisco deal with the consequences. I will keep in touch with each of you about the plans. Dismissed." The men saluted Custer and began to walk out of the room, but Custer said "Arthur, hold up."

"Yes, sir?" MacArthur asked, turning around to face Custer again.

"That boy of yours, Major Douglas MacArthur, this'll be his first real action won't it?"

"I believe so."

Custer nodded and said "Well let's hope he does his country and his pa proud, I expect great things from him."

"Thank you, sir."

"Now get your ass out of here."

MacArthur left without saying a word, leaving Custer to silently mull over his plans.

To: Whom it may concern in the Greek government
From: Victor Metcalf, Secretary of the Navy, Pacific States
Salutations, my government is looking into the sale of several warships built by the United States government prior to its collapse in 1882 which are too expensive for us to continue to maintain. We believe that despite their age, with some modernization of armament and fire control systems they may be a solid foundation for a strong blue water navy capable of projecting Greek influence in the Mediterranean and for that reason offer them to your country. Our asking price is a sum of 150 million Pacific States Dollars for the following nine vessels:
PSS Idaho - Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS Washington - Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS California - Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS Nevada- Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS Arizona - Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS Oregon - Armored Cruiser (Crew of 1,820)
PSS Sacramento - Protected Cruiser (Crew of 360)
PSS Seattle - Protected Cruiser (Crew of 360)
PSS Catalina - Protected Cruiser (Crew of 360)

To: Her Majesty's Secretary for Foreign Affairs, United Kingdom
I'm pleased to write to you that President Bryan has accepted your offer of Pacific entry into an anti-communist alliance. The influence of the Soviets is a dangerous force which we are in agreement must be contained. I would, however, like to expand in this by requesting talks between myself, President Bryan, and representatives of your choosing in Vancouver to discuss the future of the former United States.
-Cordially, Secretary of State William Taft

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Athens

The small vessel that pulled into the archipelagos of Greece and onwards to Athens was of modest design yet fitting for that of a prince. The second son of King Ricciotti Garibaldi, Prince Constantine would be only 19 when given the blessing to spearhead a diplomatic mission in Greece under the guidance of senior members of the Yugo-Italian Nobility. The ship pulled into the dock at which the King of Greece and his entourage awaited the arrival of the young prince. The Prince, joined by five nobles who were well known throughout Italy as veteran diplomats, slowly cascaded from the ship onto the dock where the prince and the nobles promptly bowed in respect of the kings position. They would then stand as several of the ships crew began unloading crates filled with Italian wine. The prince moved so the King could have a better view of this act. The prince spoke graciously towards the King.

"I bring an offering as a sign of goodwill to you and to our lord God above, your holiness."

The First Wave Of Red

Near Ciudad Valles, Mexico
2:00 AM

Outside the town of Poza Rica sits a small encampment set up by soldiers of the Mexican State who had been patrolling the area due to issues with the local citizens over governmental policies that many saw unjust such as worker abuse and recent crackdowns on the rights of labor unions. The encampment, housing a hundred man company, had been set up within the densely forested environment that surrounded the town of Ciudad Valles. The environment was incredible harsh for the movement of large troop numbers however it was incredibly serene and gave those who had come to love it everything they could possibly to need. At around 2:00 AM, the camp would suddenly be awoken by the sound of intense rifle fire from all sides. Rounds would spin wildly into tents, trees, and the thick undergrowth as the Mexican troops began to arm themselves and fire back towards an invisible enemy. The dim glow of lamps and the sounds of returning rifle fire aided the attackers in routing out and firing shots into flesh and bone of the Mexican troops. Only about 20 minutes since the gun fire had begun, it had ceased. Men began to slowly work there way out from the dense area around the camp. The attackers were visibly Mexican however the men who they followed appeared to be of European decent. The men, likewise, all carried Italian made Carcano rifles. The scene would be similar in many of the towns and settlements surrounding the city of Tampico which in less than a week had fallen to Italian Redshirts and Revolutionary Mexican Forces. This initial campaign would allow for the revolution to form a foothold in Mexico with Tampico acting as its heart. Rumors quickly spread as the attacks were made known to the Mexican Government including the rumor that Italian troops had been seen aiding and commanding revolutionary troops in Tampico. This rumor subsequently spread out of Mexico and into the remnants of the American South West and Pacific territories.

Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm

To: Prime Minister Gascoyne-Cecil of the United Kingdom

We are glad to hear of your nation's willingness to compromise and speak on the issues of Asian sovereignty. His Majesty Meiji has accepted both terms. The conference will be held here, in Tokyo Japan, if that suits you. We hope your stay in Japan will be a great experience and will spark the beginning of a great relationship between our two empires.

Signed,
Prime Minister Itō of the Empire of Japan
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Birdax
Attaché

Founded: Oct 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Birdax » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:52 am

A diplomat was sent to negotiate iberian entrance to the UKs alliance the iberians hoped for a powerfull ally to contain communisim and help iberian imperial ambitiouns in north africa the empire also comdems the actions of the germans againt bulgaria the king stating:
"The germans have such a pitty excuse to attack a civilized nation in eastern europe and putting its people under opression"

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:16 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
Barapam wrote:

Bule smirked, the British he was so fond of were offering him a chance to quell any rumour of corruption, he also thought his soldiers would learn from the sophisticated English and wrote back;

Dear sir
I have received your letter and it goes to say that i'm am honoured that the Union is offered such a chance and to which i gladly accept, i hope that in enjoining in your efforts in South Africa will not only bring our nations together but i also think that my soldiers will benefit from your men's knowledge of the battlefield and war tactics using these state of the art weapons,
I plan to send you the regiment that i had sent to Malawi of 20.000 troops to fight under joint command of the British empire and African Union
I thank you again
Korfa Bule

Most esteemed Korfa Bule,

I've recieved word from the prime minister that you are willing to help us in the fight against the boers. I'm very grateful, and I think that it indeed will bring our nations closer together. I suggest that your troops cross the border from the north, while my troops counter-attack from the south, and thus we force the rebels to fight on two fronts. I've just receieved reinforcements from India, and it shouldn't be too long before we've re-established full control of South Africa.

Signed,
Field Marshal Frederick Sleigh Roberts, 1st Earl Roberts

Lord Roberts was the commander of the British troops in South Africa. He had taken over after general Buller and was determined to not repeat his mistakes, which almost had cost them the entire colony. Under Roberts, Neville Chaimberlaine, the inventor of snooker, and lord Kitchener, served. Far below them, two certain other officers served...

A bar somewhere in Cape Town...

"You can pretend that you don't hear me all you want, but I know that night in Zanzibar wasn't just the alcohol talking!" Cpt. Jack Harkness shouted to an old flame across the bar. Her name was Francesca Cook and she was not only a dark-haired beauty, but a fellow captain too. Jack wondered how she had gotten that eye-patch. It hadn't been there the last time they met, and before he had a chance to ask, his friend Edmund interfered by putting down a new glass of gin in front of him.

"Jack, you're embarassing yourself. Can't you see Franky is talking to that other fellow? She's obviously not interested in you, not right now, at least."

"Who is he anyway?" Jack wondered, with a hint of jealousy, as he took his drink.

"Sergeant Jack Tanner", Blackadder replied. "A hero, one of the toughest. He'd be a lieutenant already, if he wasn't so disobediant and ungentlemanly. I assume he'll be promoted some time during this camaign."

"Huh. Well, I know it's a terrible thing to say, but right now I almost wish he'll experience a Zulu ambush instead of a promotion."

"Er... it's not the Zulus we're fighting this time around..." Blackadder wasn't sure if Harkness were kidding, or if his carefree attidude had peaked and turned into general ignorance. His friend could sometimes be hard to predict, in that aspect.

"I know. But still."

Franco-Iberie wrote:
To: Her Majesty's Secretary for Foreign Affairs, United Kingdom
I'm pleased to write to you that President Bryan has accepted your offer of Pacific entry into an anti-communist alliance. The influence of the Soviets is a dangerous force which we are in agreement must be contained. I would, however, like to expand in this by requesting talks between myself, President Bryan, and representatives of your choosing in Vancouver to discuss the future of the former United States.
-Cordially, Secretary of State William Taft

To: Department of State, Pacific States
From: Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

My dear Taft,

It pleases me as well to hear that we are on the same page. I suggest Governor-General Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto, and sir Wilfrid Laurier, the Canadian Prime Minister, as the representatives of the U.K. Possibly also myself or someone in my place.

It's no secret that the U.K. also has approached the Japanese with the offer to join the Central Powers. Therefore I ask you, if the talks in Vancouver and Tokyo turn out well, can I interest you in trilateral talks between our three nations regarding the issue of keeping the Pacific Ocean a non-Communist zone?

Signed,
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, Prime Minister and Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

Asardia wrote:
To: Prime Minister Gascoyne-Cecil of the United Kingdom

We are glad to hear of your nation's willingness to compromise and speak on the issues of Asian sovereignty. His Majesty Meiji has accepted both terms. The conference will be held here, in Tokyo Japan, if that suits you. We hope your stay in Japan will be a great experience and will spark the beginning of a great relationship between our two empires.

Signed,
Prime Minister Itō of the Empire of Japan

To: Prime Minister Itō of the Empire of Japan
From: Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

It suits me very well, and I'm pleased that we've already reached this far. The sun never sets on the British Empire, and Japan is the Empire of the Rising Sun, a match made in heaven. I'm convinced that we can reach very far together.

Would you perhaps also be interested in trilateral talks with the Pacific States, as they've also expressed interest to join our alliance?

Signed,
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Birdax wrote:A diplomat was sent to negotiate iberian entrance to the UKs alliance the iberians hoped for a powerfull ally to contain communisim and help iberian imperial ambitiouns in north africa the empire also comdems the actions of the germans againt bulgaria the king stating:
"The germans have such a pitty excuse to attack a civilized nation in eastern europe and putting its people under opression"

The diplomat was warmly welcomed by the English. If the Iberians wanted, it would be very easy for them to enter the alliance, since it could be argued that the Anglo-Portuguese alliance from 1386 still was in effect, even if Portugal since then no longer was a state on its own.

The anti-German statement of king Carlos II recieved wide support in the British press, and not even the tabloids had anything bad to say about him.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse