NATION

PASSWORD

What is your political ideology

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your political ideology?

Conservative
30
17%
Republican
5
3%
Authortarian
11
6%
Liberal
24
13%
Libertarian
18
10%
National Socialist
13
7%
Fascist
10
6%
Neo-Liberal
4
2%
Anarchist
16
9%
Other/apolitical
48
27%
 
Total votes : 179

User avatar
The Snazzylands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 614
Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Snazzylands » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Post-Ironic fully-automated gay anime Strasserist National Socialism in space.
Mind awaits entrance
Of a witty signature.
One has yet to come.

User avatar
Nakena
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11544
Founded: May 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nakena » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:34 pm

The Snazzylands wrote:Post-Ironic fully-automated gay anime Strasserist National Socialism in space.


Hot take.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:30 pm

I like it how only three people (myself included) picked neoliberal, wondering if its because the term has been historically denaturalized so to be used for political lambasting
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Cappuccina
Minister
 
Posts: 2905
Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Nakena wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:I don't even know anymore, tbh. I have an equal distain for both the left and right. I'm simultaneously sympathetic to socialism, yet very critical of much of how it has been and would be implemented in the future as well as some of the implications of underlying philosophy.


Theres always some other options...

True, but I haven't found any I find appealing, also is my general disillusionment with "ideology". If anything I'm more concerned with spiritual matters as the driving force behind my views, many ideologies are lacking in that department.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:I like it how only three people (myself included) picked neoliberal, wondering if its because the term has been historically denaturalized so to be used for political lambasting

It's because neoliberalism is trash as an ideology. Neoliberalism simply doesn't work.

User avatar
Miilaria
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 17
Founded: Apr 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Miilaria » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Leftist, Anarcho-communist

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:49 am

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:I like it how only three people (myself included) picked neoliberal, wondering if its because the term has been historically denaturalized so to be used for political lambasting

It's because neoliberalism is trash as an ideology. Neoliberalism simply doesn't work.

define neoliberalism in your own words
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:00 am

Great Minarchistan wrote:define neoliberalism in your own words

Liberal democracy with a distinctly laissez-faire bent. Pro-market, free trade, etc. The IMF promotes neoliberal economics for example, including big budget cuts, austerity and higher taxes (on everyone but the rich).

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19432
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:08 am

I'm a center-left liberterian. I support the right of individuals to live how they see fit so long as they don't physically harm other individuals. You wanna be muslim? Cool. Wanna be christian? Ok. Wanna go to the beach? Sure. Wanna get high? I think you do mon
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:define neoliberalism in your own words

Liberal democracy with a distinctly laissez-faire bent. Pro-market, free trade, etc. The IMF promotes neoliberal economics for example, including big budget cuts, austerity and higher taxes (on everyone but the rich).

Neoliberalism isn't really laissez-faire, a good definition (and more historically consistent with the roots of the movement) I've heard being thrown is that neoliberalism is essentially classical liberalism but with the belief that market failures exist/are predominant.

Higher tax rates are also a weird thing to throw into it, fwiw
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:Neoliberalism isn't really laissez-faire, a good definition (and more historically consistent with the roots of the movement) I've heard being thrown is that neoliberalism is essentially classical liberalism but with the belief that market failures exist/are predominant.

Higher tax rates are also a weird thing to throw into it, fwiw

I prefer actual definitions, like the one given by Google for example;
a modified form of liberalism tending to favour free-market capitalism.

Pretty much every definition of neoliberalism you can find on the Net agrees that neoliberalism promotes free markets. It's not laissez-faire, but it certainly leans that way. I threw in tax hikes because that's what the IMF mandates in times of financial crisis. I think that businesses and the wealthy tend to be exempted for higher taxes. Anyway, no matter how you define it, neoliberalism is a shitty ideology. Even the IMF is no longer as keen on it.

User avatar
Logikie
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jan 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Logikie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:30 pm

I consider myself an anarchist first and foremost, though I have far left views and socialist/communist leanings.if I wasn't an anarchist I would consider myself a Marxist-Leninist but I don't believe in the "dictatorship"of the proletariat. so anarchism and socialism...anarcho collectivist I guess

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:I prefer actual definitions, like the one given by Google for example;
a modified form of liberalism tending to favour free-market capitalism.

Mhmm, and free market capitalism doesn't necessarily equal laissez-faire, a version of it which is much less statist, so to speak.

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:I threw in tax hikes because that's what the IMF mandates in times of financial crisis.

From my knowledge the IMF mandates fiscal adjustment, not tax hikes necessarily.

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Anyway, no matter how you define it, neoliberalism is a shitty ideology. Even the IMF is no longer as keen on it.

Each to their own :^)
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:Mhmm, and free market capitalism doesn't necessarily equal laissez-faire, a version of it which is much less statist, so to speak.

I didn't say neoliberalism was lassez-faire, only that it leans that way.

From my knowledge the IMF mandates fiscal adjustment, not tax hikes necessarily.

Tax hikes are a part of fiscal adjustment. Maybe not always, but it generally accompanies budget cuts.

Each to their own :^)

Neoliberalism is bad economics, imagine liking it just to shill for bankers.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:I didn't say neoliberalism was lassez-faire, only that it leans that way.

Lean is too strong of a word even, but I digress.

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Tax hikes are a part of fiscal adjustment. Maybe not always, but it generally accompanies budget cuts.

QED

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Neoliberalism is bad economics, imagine liking it just to shill for bankers.

If you say so :roll:
Last edited by Great Minarchistan on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:00 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:If you say so :roll:

I don't say so, I'm citing academic sources that say so. But go on as you will.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:If you say so :roll:

I don't say so, I'm citing academic sources that say so. But go on as you will.

Imagine actually caring for the greater good instead of prioritizing your individual preferences on ideological shilling
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:Imagine actually caring for the greater good instead of prioritizing your individual preferences on ideological shilling

As a suburban pleb, the greater good benefits me more than shilling for bankers. Accountants make money either way.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:
Great Minarchistan wrote:Imagine actually caring for the greater good instead of prioritizing your individual preferences on ideological shilling

As a suburban pleb, the greater good benefits me more than shilling for bankers. Accountants make money either way.

big 4 actuaries are just glorified mathematicians
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Lobosias
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lobosias » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Open markets! Open borders! Vegan taco trucks on every corner!neoliberalism heck yeah

I go by "Opportunity democrat" if I want to be more specific-ish.
Last edited by Lobosias on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Go vegan

owo uwu

User avatar
Ethereal Dichotomy Island
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethereal Dichotomy Island » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Economically -- I'm a West German capitalist. Laissez faire capitalism doesn't allow for a truly free competition in the market.
Socially -- I'm a conservative. I'm a Muslim and my politics align with the religion.
Ethereal Dichotomy Island /valirðixotmiv/
A post-apocalyptic fantasy story simulation. We're PMT if anyone asks.
A puppet of Sanctum and Ultima/Tetradimensional Overworld

Day 1 of Year XX50: A celebration of the jubilee of the nation of Ethereal Dichotomy. Yet, the radiation hasn't fully faded from the land, nor from the public's eyes.

User avatar
Great Minarchistan
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5953
Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Minarchistan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Lobosias wrote:Open markets! Open borders! Vegan taco trucks on every corner!

I go by "Opportunity democrat" if I want to be more specific-ish.

I like it how the neoliberal vote count increased by one :^)
Awarded for Best Capitalist in 2018 NSG Awards ;')
##############################
Fmr. libertarian, irredeemable bank shill and somewhere inbetween classical liberalism and neoliberalism // Political Compass: +8.75 Economic, -2.25 Social (May 2019)

User avatar
Lobosias
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lobosias » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:I like it how the neoliberal vote count increased by one :^)

hella
Go vegan

owo uwu

User avatar
Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1856
Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Great Minarchistan wrote:big 4 actuaries are just glorified mathematicians

That's a little beyond my sights. I was thinking small business accountant or tax accountant. Something modest.

User avatar
Arthenius
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 178
Founded: Jun 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthenius » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Center-right libertarian and "free-speech radicalist" with social conservative tendencies, because sometimes I'm a cynic. Some race and civic nationalist too.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Destructive Government Economic System, DutchCrunch, Jedi Council, Neanderthaland, Nobel Hobos 2, Northern Davincia, Salus Maior, Shazbotdom, Shrillland, Southern Orbistan, The Black Forrest, The Unites State-Of-Minds

Advertisement

Remove ads