NATION

PASSWORD

DRAFT: Formation of International Environmental Maintenance

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Demiurges
Secretary

Founded: Jul 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

DRAFT: Formation of International Environmental Maintenance

Postby Demiurges » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:44 am

Formation of Voluntary International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Divisions

Category: Environmental (International Aid)

Strength: Mild

This proposal is in light of continued waves of potential pollution throughout the world. In hopes of the formation of a voluntary division of nations devoted to the willing upkeep and maintaining of good environmental health standards throughout the world in hopes of counteracting any actions that may negatively affect the environments of singular or multiple regions out of their own volition. Incentives are ofcourse given to nations choosing to operate under this division such as funding directly from the WA aswell as the gratefulness of nations that may otherwise be in breach (accidental or otherwise) of certain environmental standards to the point they may directly affect their neighbors and world as a whole. This division would be responsible for the beautification of natural environments aswell as promotion of pollution removal, and other duties relating to maintaining a sustainable environment for future generations with incentives being given to those that are participants such as funding from the WA and nations party to their services at the nations discretion (due to the volunteer nature of this service), towards their efforts to maintaining a land and ocean which can continue to sustain life for the foreseeable future.

i. Nations applying for the VIEAMD are to be thoroughly background checked for potential ulterior motives and permitted allowances from the WA, at the WA's discretion.

ii. Promotes the economies of nations that may otherwise pour all their resources into environmental beautification and reward good environmental behaviors and willingness to extend an olive branch to their fellow man and woman.

iii. Ensures that nations that are approved under WA discretion to enter otherwise dangerous territories under international protections in order to maintain environmental stability in otherwise unsustainable nations without risk to life, mind, or body.

iv. Ensures that nations that are part of this sector are not functioning under ulterior motives such as hostility towards nations with intent to sabotage while under international protections of this act.
ii. Ensures that actions such as the smuggling and trading of contraband, armaments, and other tools of war or destruction, self, environmental, or towards others is strictly prohibited and punishable by the WA by, but not limited to exclusion and expulsion from the Voluntary Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Division for the foreseeable future aswell as heavy fines towards nations found in breach to this.

v. Promises aid and WA funding towards the environmental upkeep towards this division so as to maintain incentive for members to continue their duties aswell as ensuring that nations acting under this sector are equipped with the best possible equipment so as to increase not only environmental safety but also the safety of equipment operators.

vi. Permits nations who may otherwise not qualify for this service to opt out under sufficient cause to reject the aid of the International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Division fully understanding such action yet also understanding such actions may affect those around them and accept responsibility for such of their own volition.
ii. Nations that would opt out would be nations that qualify under WA standards, such as pathogen outbreaks causing quarantines, states of radiation that may be harmful to environmentalists entering the nations borders, and nations in times of heavy strife when the safety of those aiming to improve their environments cannot be assured.

This proposal hereby aims to enact the formation of the Voluntary International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Divisions.
In the name of commerce, wealth, and war, we prosper.

Durzan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Durzan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 am

"Interesting... I will have to consider this with my advisors; May need some polishing in order to have a chance of passing though."

OOC: Put the proposition in a box format.
Come at me Bro.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly, and well done for drafting here and not just submitting a draft. Unfortunately, your current proposal looks to be illegal for a few reasons. Firstly, there is a potential category violation, though this isn’t really an illegality seeing as it would be impossible to submit. The environmental category does not have an international aid area of effect. Instead, one has: all businesses - strong, all businesses - mild, automotive, mining, logging, manufacturing and agriculture. I’m currently unsure which one this proposal should be.

Secondly, and this is something easily fixed, a proposal should refer to itself as being a resolution, rather than a proposal. This is because, were it to be submitted, it would become a resolution without any time to edit, so would need to be calling itself just that.

On another note, I’m having some trouble actually comprehending this draft, and what it is supposed to do. I suggest breaking up your opening section into separate clauses, and making clearer some of the active mandates.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Demiurges
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Demiurges » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:15 am

Durzan wrote:"Interesting... I will have to consider this with my advisors; May need some polishing in order to have a chance of passing though."

OOC: Put the proposition in a box format.

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly, and well done for drafting here and not just submitting a draft. Unfortunately, your current proposal looks to be illegal for a few reasons. Firstly, there is a potential category violation, though this isn’t really an illegality seeing as it would be impossible to submit. The environmental category does not have an international aid area of effect. Instead, one has: all businesses - strong, all businesses - mild, automotive, mining, logging, manufacturing and agriculture. I’m currently unsure which one this proposal should be.

Secondly, and this is something easily fixed, a proposal should refer to itself as being a resolution, rather than a proposal. This is because, were it to be submitted, it would become a resolution without any time to edit, so would need to be calling itself just that.

On another note, I’m having some trouble actually comprehending this draft, and what it is supposed to do. I suggest breaking up your opening section into separate clauses, and making clearer some of the active mandates.)

OOC: Thank you both for your input and advice. This is honestly my first attempt at trying my hand at this sort of thing, so I have lots of room for improvement and am appreciative of any efforts to help me improve on my formatting. I will do my best to adjust this within an appropriate time and hopefully manage to make a more concrete draft for look overs before I even consider setting it up as a submission. n_n

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:01 am

OOC
Currently this looks probably illegal -- although the wording makes it hard to be certain -- for Optionality. Also, there is no mechanism for
i. Nations applying for the VIEAMD are to be thoroughly background checked for potential ulterior motives and permitted allowances from the WA, at the WA's discretion.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Demiurges
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Demiurges » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:51 pm

Bears Armed wrote:OOC
Currently this looks probably illegal -- although the wording makes it hard to be certain -- for Optionality. Also, there is no mechanism for

Well the main point of the optionality is courtesy of awareness and informing VIEAMD participants that there may be ongoing situations that would prevent them from effectively being deployed in certain nations such as conditions of ongoing armed conflict, quarantine due to contagious disease outbreaks, or unsustainable levels of radiations from post-war status due to deploying or being struck by nuclear or otherwise radioactive arms that would pose a substantial risk to the lives of the VIEAMD participants. The thorough background check is to ensure that there are no potential ulterior motives to joining such as ease of access to certain areas aswell as abuse through using VIEAMD status to cut through regions to act as an illegal trade route for goods, as the purpose of this department would be SOLELY devoted to environmental causes with absolutely no room for loophole abuse for trading and economics or use of otherwise cutting through nations under the pretense of nature restoration and environmental maintenance in order to promote a nations commercial services or goods.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:10 pm

OOC: Aside from the category and mechanics issues already pointed out, don't use the shorthand (VIEAMD) before spelling out the whole name, what the heck are "otherwise dangerous territories under international protections", promoting economy is not what environmental category does, anti-smuggling measures would go under a completely different category, you shouldn't refer to the proposal as proposal in its text, WA resolutions are not and cannot be completely voluntary (includes "opting out"), what the heck is "environmental safety", and there's no way in hell you'll be able to allow "environmentalists entering the nations borders" aka unrestricted access from people from another nation from gaining access to a nation.

You also use both "members" and "nations", which seems to suggest that you're also trying to legislate on non-WA nations, which the WA can't do and which would be another illegality.

Oh and "environments of singular or multiple regions" seems to refer gameside regions, creating yet another illegality.

Other than that, welcome to the GA forum!

Demiurges wrote:Formation of Voluntary International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Divisions

Category: Environmental (International Aid)

Strength: Mild

This proposal is in light of continued waves of potential pollution throughout the world. In hopes of the formation of a voluntary division of nations devoted to the willing upkeep and maintaining of good environmental health standards throughout the world in hopes of counteracting any actions that may negatively affect the environments of singular or multiple regions out of their own volition. Incentives are ofcourse given to nations choosing to operate under this division such as funding directly from the WA aswell as the gratefulness of nations that may otherwise be in breach (accidental or otherwise) of certain environmental standards to the point they may directly affect their neighbors and world as a whole. This division would be responsible for the beautification of natural environments aswell as promotion of pollution removal, and other duties relating to maintaining a sustainable environment for future generations with incentives being given to those that are participants such as funding from the WA and nations party to their services at the nations discretion (due to the volunteer nature of this service), towards their efforts to maintaining a land and ocean which can continue to sustain life for the foreseeable future.

ii. Promotes the economies of nations that may otherwise pour all their resources into environmental beautification and reward good environmental behaviors and willingness to extend an olive branch to their fellow man and woman.

iii. Ensures that nations that are approved under WA discretion to enter otherwise dangerous territories under international protections in order to maintain environmental stability in otherwise unsustainable nations without risk to life, mind, or body.

iv. Ensures that nations that are part of this sector are not functioning under ulterior motives such as hostility towards nations with intent to sabotage while under international protections of this act.
ii. Ensures that actions such as the smuggling and trading of contraband, armaments, and other tools of war or destruction, self, environmental, or towards others is strictly prohibited and punishable by the WA by, but not limited to exclusion and expulsion from the Voluntary Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Division for the foreseeable future aswell as heavy fines towards nations found in breach to this.

v. Promises aid and WA funding towards the environmental upkeep towards this division so as to maintain incentive for members to continue their duties aswell as ensuring that nations acting under this sector are equipped with the best possible equipment so as to increase not only environmental safety but also the safety of equipment operators.

vi. Permits nations who may otherwise not qualify for this service to opt out under sufficient cause to reject the aid of the International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Division fully understanding such action yet also understanding such actions may affect those around them and accept responsibility for such of their own volition.
ii. Nations that would opt out would be nations that qualify under WA standards, such as pathogen outbreaks causing quarantines, states of radiation that may be harmful to environmentalists entering the nations borders, and nations in times of heavy strife when the safety of those aiming to improve their environments cannot be assured.

This proposal hereby aims to enact the formation of the Voluntary International Environmental and Agricultural Maintenance Divisions.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly