NATION

PASSWORD

Beta 015: State-Owned Industry

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Proposed Change: Minor change to the weighting of internal factors when determining the proportion of industry that is private vs government-owned.

I Don't know if I'm allowed to post a topic for this, so sorry if not. I just noticed this new Beta, but I'm not sure how long it's been around for.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:57 am

Oh it's gone public. Cool.

Tough one to discuss this, as it's all backstage stats being reweighted, essentially in order to make the stats that would seem to be more relevant into more relevant ones.

Essentially, it's primarily to do with an invisible stat that editors have historically been using to relate to the division of state and private industry but which the game engine has never been prioritising over other similar stats that aren't used in that way.

I know that's somewhat meaningless to those who can't see the invisible stats. I guess the main thing to say is that it'll make issues act more in according to the intent of our stat allocations, but should have pretty negligible effect on almost all existing nations.

Anyway yeah, I proposed the "fixes" for this one though I didn't do the coding work, so happy to field questions as best able.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Technical