NATION

PASSWORD

Marked Ones: Origins [IC | Urban Fantasy]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Marked Ones: Origins [IC | Urban Fantasy]

Postby Forest State » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Marked Ones: Origins

OOC Thread

December 12th, 2024

It was a place where time didn’t exist and form didn’t exist either. Almost like the depths of space, but with no form and no objects wandering through the sky. It was a sky with no stars in it, but while it was missing stars, there were indeed lights. Bright lights that flashed in multiple colors, ranging from lighter shades of violet and pink to deeper blues and intermediate greens that sat in between the other colors in the middle of the spectrum. In the middle of it all, there was white. Something emanated a light bright enough that the object inside was just about invisible, the projected light making it impossible to see what was beyond it.

In the middle of that light, there was an artifact that could kill gods. One that had been created with the full knowledge that someday it might be required to use it to kill a god, and a powerful one at that. Charged with magical energy, it was also powerful enough to light up a place like this, even as everywhere else in the realm was… Empty. It was almost like a void, but it wasn’t quite. This entire place was the work of someone who had specifically crafted it this way. The work of the same person who had forged the god killing spear and given the golden weapon its charge. The work of someone that couldn’t be human. There was no human on that level of ability, or even near it.

So who had forged this void and the artifact within it?

That was unknown. The figure that had made this place wasn’t here anymore. Had been wiped out, more accurately, and wasn’t even remembered by either humanity or by some of the pantheon themselves. It hadn’t been a fight, it had been a destruction. One that left nothing left. Even the victor said nothing about the fight that had happened between powerful beings, because doing so would reveal that the fight had happened in the first place. And if a defeated enemy was remembered, they could be sympathized with. They could still gain defiant followers, and that couldn’t be allowed.

But this god killing spear, it was powerful enough to remain even despite attempts to destroy it. Really, a symbol of just how important its creator had been at one point.

Suddenly, there was movement within the void. More light shot outwards from the god killing spear, a sign that it was emitting powerful magical energy. The light streaked out in all directions, the item inside the swirling lights turning and spinning as it released energy. It was fulfilling its other purpose, aside from killing gods. When humanity needed its power the most, it would send that power to those who deserved it. This, not its original purpose, was what it was known for by those on Earth. The best people weren’t always selected, but that was said to be for a reason too. The spear was divine, it did nothing without a reason. And its power was behind the rise of some of Earth’s greatest heroes.

Of course, there wasn’t a crisis on Earth right now that would make most people believe they needed these heroes to rise. But the spear, it wasn’t wrong. And it believed that such a crisis was here, and that it warranted releasing its power. It remained to be seen what those reasons were.

But they could never be wrong.

And a new generation of Marked were about to appear because of them.

December 29th, 2024

The knight was the only one standing in the room with the large reflection pool, late at night.

Well, calling her a knight would be a bit inaccurate. She was only someone that dressed like one sometimes. A member of the Holy Inquisition, she was an agent of the Church of Light, a servant of the Light Goddess who was committed to stopping evil in the world. To doing things like clearing out vampire infestations and handling demons and other supernatural creatures that weren’t supposed to exist in this realm. They said that the members of Inquisition were like modern day knights, or at least the modern day version of the idealized knights of legend.

It was the reason why their ceremonial uniform was the armor of a knight, underneath the black and white that was draped over them. The knight in the reflection area, however, wasn’t wearing her entire uniform. She was headed to bed soon, and as such, she had already taken part of it off. The armored gloves, the helmet, those had been removed. Her sword, which was both long in length and wide in diameter, was resting safely inside the sheath at her side. She stared at her reflection in the pool, her piercing eyes looking back at her as well as her tied up blonde hair. She had to tie it, or it wouldn’t work with her helmet.

She didn’t look like someone that had been in many battles, despite her skill in magic and her rank within the Inquisition. She was good looking, even if she wasn’t a supermodel. Her face was also one of a noble, one that showed the looks of the Avella family and made it clear to everyone just who she was, as their heir. No one would mistake her for someone else. And yet, that position as heir was where many of her problems had began. It was the reason why she was standing her, closing her eyes and thinking rather than returning to her room like she should be doing at this time late at night.

Her armor made a shifting sound as she dropped to her knees. “Oh mother of light, I ask of you, why do you allow your servant to suffer like this?” she prayed, her eyes shut as tight as she could make them. She allowed herself to fall forward more, and so she was on not just her knees, but her hands too. She allowed her face to touch the stone ground, shivering slightly from the feeling. It wasn’t a warm night, here in northern Italy. “What have I ever done to deserve such a terrible affliction and such a cruel fate? Why have you allowed me to come under this curse to never find happiness?”

Her prayer was an intense one, and she found herself sweating despite the cold weather. Her voice took on an edge that it hadn’t had when she begun speaking. “What have I ever done against you? When have I betrayed your will or committed an act against you? When have I ever chosen to look out for myself instead of following your holy ways? What… Have I ever done that deserves being repaid like this…? How… Have I angered the mother of light?”

The knight almost jumped, startled. She heard movement and she looked up to find that she wasn’t indeed alone here. Even though she had been when she showed up. The other person that was in the large courtyard hadn’t taken a normal path inside, either. She hadn’t walked through one of the doors, but she seemed to have… Risen out of the pool itself? The knight had been staring into the pool not long ago, and nothing had been there, but something had apparently changed in the time since then.

She was looking up at the most beautiful woman that she had ever seen, one that could only look as she did because of some kind of supernatural influence. Everything about her drew the eye of the knight, from her striking eyes which seemed to shift colors depending on the way the light hit them, to the way that her skin glowed in a way that was otherworldly and hard to describe to someone that wasn’t there. She looked human in form, but at the same tie, she definitely didn’t seem human. Especially when she was levitating. The knight wouldn’t stare for long, however, before the levitating woman spoke.

And her voice sounded just as heavenly. “Rise, Cassandra Renata Miniati de Avella. For out of everyone here, you are the one with a pure heart…”

January 3rd, 2025

They had come from various places. Many of them had traveled thousands of miles and ended up here, in remote Nepal, where they would receive their training in the same way that the last group of Marked had, thirty years ago. The only problem was, the Marked had lost thirty years go. They weren’t the victorious heroes that they had been known as in the past, but failures whose battles with the villain Autarch had resulted in a stalemate at best and a terrible defeat at worst. The world had finally wondered, did having the mark not actually make one a hero? Were they simply regular mages who had been affected by some phenomenon, and not chosen ones?

Students had been arriving all day, but now, they were roughly all here. They had been told to wait in the courtyard before heading into the other parts of the monastery, which included the building that had been converted into dorms. Well, it had originally been converted years and years ago when the original group moved in. They had just refreshed it a little bit for the new students, but most of the buildings still needed some fixing up. There were holes in roofs, holes in walls, places where the floor was broken, windows that needed repairing in some places. And of course, there were the animal infestations to deal with.

The students would get over it. If the instructors running this place had repaired it fully, they would have been forced to delay training, which wouldn’t have helped the students at all. And if they wanted more comforts, they would have to fix the monastery up themselves, just like the first group had. Finally, the figure standing in front of the now assembled group spoke. “Welcome, everyone, to Lynwood Academy. Named after our former teacher, this place is not a school where you will learn regular skills to get a job with in the normal world, but one where you will learn the skills needed to save that world and protect it from the greatest dangers.”

The man speaking was Ander Laskaris. The one that had been chosen by the other instructors to lead them. None of the students now would know it, but while Ander hadn’t been the most powerful of the group in his day, he was one of the ones that had been smart enough to stay alive. Others hadn’t been so lucky, many of them because of Anders’ decisions. It was one of the reasons Ander had refused initially, before being dragged here by the woman in red that was standing next to him, who had an appearance that was both motherly and dangerous. Maybe it was the combination red eyes and jet black hair that did it.

“I will admit that I didn’t want to teach any of you. You all know what happened the last time the Marked were selected. We thought we would save the world, and we ended up failing to stop the rise of one of the most evil mages in history, a tyrant who would take away all freedom to establish law and order. I have no intention of leading another generation to their deaths, and so I initially refused. I feel like that’s something I have to be honest about,” said Ander, speaking in a rather casual tone for someone that was the leader. “However, I was visited in Thunder Bay and dragged out of an early retirement by the woman you see next to me, Reinhild. Reinhild is also one of the Marked, from my generation. She helped greatly in the fight against Autarch and you will report to her for all physical training.”

Ander paused, looking the group over one more time. “On the other hand, I will be your instructor for all magic related matters as well as strategy, tactics, and anything else on the strategic side of things. We will have other instructors arriving in the coming months, including some who have worked with the great mage houses, but for now, the two of us will be handling your training. Now that you know how things will work, I believe it’s almost time for you to enter your dorms and to begin cleaning out the rest of the monastery. First, however, I will ask if anyone has questions. If you do, ask them now. You’ll be busy for much of the rest of the day, after all, and I have some things to handle soon.”
don't tread on me

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Samuel Storm

Sam listened as the two failed marks told their story, and of how they were going to teach them. Well, Sam tried to listen, he truely did, but the fact is, he wasn’t really that interested in their monologue.

Instead, he was looking around at the gorgeous setting they were in. Sure the buildings were old and rundown, but they were still masterpieces of architecture. The mountains though, the mountains were just beautiful, and suddenly, he wanted to see the view.

Raising his hand when questions were supposed to be asked, “Is the view good from the roof?” he said. But before a answer could be even formulated by the instructors he spoke again, “Nevemind, I’ll just check it out myself” he said before he stepped forward and willed the mana inside him to turn into a stone column that carried him to the roof.

He could hear laughter below him as he rose, but he ignored it, focused purely on the view he so desperately needed to see. Settling himself on a semi-flat portion of the roof, he turned towards the valley.

And what a sight it was.
Last edited by Revlona on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lover of doggos

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Jack

Jack had always had a case of ADHD. And after being rudely awoken from his peaceful sleep in a back alley, stuck on a plane to Nepal, and forced to walk up a mountain, his attention span was at an all time low.
Jack heard Ander introduce both himself and Reinhild, and after that it was a lost cause. What did catch his attention, after a little while, was the man using flames to fly onto the roof. He suddenly wanted nothing more in the world than to follow. He felt the side of the wall for the magnetic material he needed, and it was incredibly faint. But it was there. He flew up the side of the monastery, electricity crackling around him, and launched a few feet into the air above the roof of the monastery. He landed, and turned to talk to the man, but the view caught his eye first. It was...
Beautiful.
Pebis

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Sienna Rioux

It was a long journey to Nepal and she was thousands of miles away from home. From sleepless nights to paranoia of kidnapping or worse, Sienna Rioux was an explorer in a brave new world. Far away from Texas, from America, from anyone she knew, and her only companions is the duplicates of herself. She had managed to to snag a plane ticket and grab whatever electronics and personal belongings to place inside her giant suitcase and took off to avoiding confronting her angry parents. The consequences of cheating in High School for four years have finally caught up to her making her an outcast, an exile of her own family.

At least the journey was undisturbed as Sienna would sometimes drift off into sleep and wake up looking out of window to see the Pacific Ocean, vast in its glory or the jungles of Vietnam and Siam, signaling her destination was not too far off. After arriving at the airport, she quickly hopped into a car that would take her directly to the temple. It was then when Sienna was amazed by how many steps she had to take.

Sienna was only wearing a short sleeveless off-shoulder beige and yellow sundress that barely cover her thighs and open toed sandals in this foreign temperature and weather. At least she had a raffia sun hat decorated with a golden bow to block out the sun.

"I really hope this bug bite medicine works here." Sienna panted as she talked to her two clones that were determined to accomplish their task. Sweat was dripping off of Sienna's neck and into her cleavage as they made their way up the numerous flights of stairs. Her five M1911 A1s and ammunition were starting to feel heavy in her bag "Almost there."

Sienna was resting her arms on her suitcase with her long brown hair trailing over them after reabsorbing her clones while Ander Laskaris was doing the orientation this monastery now school. Her leaning on her suitcase did expose a little more of her thighs of her smooth legs as her sundress moved a little higher near her rear. Occasionally, she would check out her fingernails to examine her brown red nail paint out of boredom or after she brushed back her hair.

His speech of fighting the grand battle against evil reminded her of the stories of her ancestors in WWII and she began to think of herself as one of those resistance members. From his mannerism and words, Sienna wondered if Ander truly meant that he will be training them. The women with black hair and red eyes does look serious on the other hand. After the orientation was concluded, Sienna witnessed two boys blast off to explore the grounds. Instead of questions, she just wanted to get her room, get a shower, and then worry about restoration.
Last edited by Union Princes on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Kana "Gyges" Kaleikaumaka
A Dance with an Old Rival
Lynwood Academy

"Well... for fuck sakes." was all that Kana Kaleikaumaka could say as she was left in front of a rather sizable obstacle. You see, she wasn't like most of her peers waiting at the top of the stairs in the Lynwood Academy, for they had functioning legs and healthy bodies. Kana on the other hand, well she was wheelchair bound, as she was missing a leg, an eye, and her body was just to unhealthy due to certain events of her past. So, she took a moment as she looked at the stairs, then up all the way to the top, and then back down.

"So, we meet again. My old rival... Stairs." Kana said to herself as she squinted at the innanimante structure. There was no expectation for a response, but she remained silent for a moment before looking back up the stairs and then back to the bottom. Kana then suddenly pointed at the stairs. "Think I'm going to back down just because you are rather sizable and I am bound to this wheelchair? Do not doubt me! Crippled or not, I'll still kick your ass."

With that, Kana sat up and smirked as eight arms, each glowing a soft blue, appeared and stretched out from behind her. Two grabbed on to the wheelchair, while the other six struck the ground. It was only when the six arms that were aiming at the ground made contact did the other two grab on to the wheelchair. The two grabbing the wheelchair held it in position, as the other six arms went to work, lifting Kana and her wheelchair of the ground. Once the chair and Kana were off the ground, did the six arms start acting more like legs, and started to slowly ascend the staircase.

As she slowly ascended, she looked down at the stairs with a smug smirk, and thought only one thing to herself, Behold my power, and tremble...

Only once she reached the top of the stairs, did her wheelchair, and by extension, Kana, lower. Once the wheelchair touched the ground, the arms that had appeared from behind her, shrunk and retreated back behind her until they disappeared. With her additional arms put away, she reached for the wheels of her wheelchair and wheeled into the courtyard.

Kana eventually came to a near the front, and sat patiently until Ander began his welcome. She listened attentively to what the older mage had to say. When Ander asked if there was any questions, Kana raised her arm (a real arm) and asked the question that had been on her mind since facing down the stairs.

"Yes. Right here." Kana said, and pointed to her wheelchair, "Are ramps going to get installed during our time here? Because if you haven't noticed... wheelchair."

Escanor Elwyn Banaing and Ryder Elne Banaing
Twin Albino Nope Mages Arrive
Lynwood Academy

They had traveled quite a bit, despite still being quite young. However, the twins had never really travelled beyond the European contienent, the Middle East or Northern Africa. Even then, during their travels they tended to avoid churches or places of worship. Not because some force prevented them from nearing them, but simply because they never saw a reason. So, by definition this was a new experience for both the stoic Escanor and the energetic Ryder. As this was a place beyond their normal range, and was a holy place, well, former holy place.

"Here we are Esc." Ryder said to his brother with a smirk, "Looks like we've done pretty well. From children being trained as mage killers, to potential heroes of the world. From scum to gold."

"We didn't do anything." Escanor spoke and sighed, "We just got lucky. Got chosen by some unseen force. It doesn't mean we are heroes..."

"Ah, you got to stop being like that." Ryder said and chuckled, "Anyways, lets get up there. To the next chapter for the Twin Albino Nope Mages!"

With that Ryder stood there, pointing upwards and striking a very cheesy pose. His brother didn't even acknowledge it as he passed by and began his ascent, with Ryder a few steps behind him.

They soon joined the rest of their future peers and teammates. They listened, and when the introduction by Ander was finished, Escanor raised his hand, and asked a question.

"If being Marked is as important as it seems to be..." Escanor began, "Then why haven't all the instructors already arrived? Wouldn't it be best to get to training immediately? When you have a job to do, it is only proper not to waste anytime. And waiting for those who are going to teach us is a waste of time. Also on the topic of a waste of time, why waste it cleaning every corner of this place? We just need a place to sleep, a place to learn and a place to train."

"Please forgive my brother..." Ryder spoke up, "He doesn't mean to be rude... he's just very blunt."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

Niki Laskaris

“There will be ramps installed… Once we clean out some of the buildings so they can be used in the first place by anyone. We’re currently dealing with holes in the walls and roofs, broken windows, and infestations of animals. We’ve done our best to clean things up before you all arrived, but this is a large place and it’s hard for a small group of people to do the job,” said a third figure that was standing with the staff, one that had not one but two marks on her hands. One of them was an eye on her left hand, while the other one was a simple ten lines on her right hand. Of course, the first one denoted that she was the Seeker, the one whose job it was to detect the other Marked. This was Niki Laskaris, the daughter of the leader that was standing in front of them.

She had a certain presence about her, one that was almost… Unsettling. Not because she was outwardly intimidating, because she wasn’t. She looked like someone that came from money, with long hair that had been given plenty of care along with an outfit consisting of an expensive looking sweater that was a bit unbefitting of the current environment, as well as a matching skirt. However, there was just something different about her that might make one wary of her, even as she tried to be useful. Something about her eyes, maybe, which contrasted the calm expression on her face. They just seemed like the type to stare straight into someone, the eyes of someone that wasn’t to be messed with or even trusted.

“So yes. We’ll try to get to it in the coming days,” she said, before turning to the boy that had also asked a question, her eyes boring into him as she did so. “If finding instructors and bringing them here seems like an easy task for you, you can try it yourself. Because it’s rather hard actually. Especially when public faith in the Marked isn’t.. High right now. Besides, it’s better to take a few days cleaning out the place than have someone being out of training because of getting sick from the cold or stepping on something sharp that wasn’t cleaned up.”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Gabriella Sara Bianchi-Costa de Inferenza

Gabriella was quite used to mountains and the cold. Switzerland had plenty of both, after all, even if the mountains weren't quite as, well, extreme as this. She shivered slightly in the cold despite her thick winter coat and skiing trousers, standing alone in the courtyard and listening in silence as Ander talked. She didn't need to know the history of the place, or what happened the last time the Marked had shown up; she'd read about all that back home.

They'd failed. Miserably.

What did that say for this group, considering, well, she of all people had been Marked? Not Michelle, who was more skilled in light magic, nor Raphaella, who could beat either of them in a spar with swords or knives or on the shooting range with whatever weapon they chose. No, She had chosen her. The healer, the bookish one, the weak one, not either of the fighters?

She wasn't sure what to make of it all. So she remained silent, her pile of cases and bags sitting beside her, just waiting in silence. Clothes, weapons, ammunition, books. Knowledge was power, after all. And if She had Marked her, why, the only reason for that was, of course, her own knowledge. It was her only edge, after all.

Sahara Meads

Sahara kicked at the ground. She didn't care for history, or knowing what they'd be doing or whatever; she'd made everything up as she went along so far in life, she saw no reason not to keep going when it had worked perfectly fine so far. She had no bags, just a heavy hiking rucksack on her back covered in patched-up rips and tears with duct-tape and whatever else she'd been able to get her hands on.

No, she wanted to do something, so when the call for questions came, she just turned and left at a brisk jog, heading off to find herself a room. It wasn't like she wasn't used to sleeping in abandoned buildings or whatever the hell she could find, this was practically normal for her. Hell, they'd be able to fix parts of it. Warm water and electricity were practically unknown luxuries to her, after all.

Screw needing to save the world or whatever, she got hot water here. That was damn well worth fighting for by itself. Anything else was just a bonus.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Sun Yi Jong

He had accepted the fact that he was a Marked and that he required special training. Of course, he did it begrudgingly. His life in Korea had been routine and for someone like Sun, routine was good. Routine meant he did not have to fear the unexpected for there were established protocols in place for which he could utilize. But most importantly, routine meant he could practice his Life Magic freely.

His family, well, his extended family, had quickly arranged a major meeting pretty much immediately upon the appearance of the Mark on Sun's hand. Despite being the main topic of discussion, he had been pushed to the sidelines and forced to watch how his elders debated the benefits that his Mark could provide to the family business.

Yes, the 'family business'. That was what had gotten his parents killed. Being involved with his family was no different than putting yourself at risk. On the exterior, the Jong household was composed of men and women who looked good and dressed well. They ate good food, lived in big houses and hosted extravagant parties that stretched long into the night. Sun knew the truth however, the truth of why his kin were so privileged. And that truth disgusted him. He would forever struggle to forget the images of his uncles gifting him with plastic bags, stained with red and the small, circular shapes insi-

"Master, we have arrived."

Roused out of his nightmare, Sun sat up and looked out the window to be greeted with his own reflection. His face was broad and his lips full. His eyes, dark and wide, hid behind a pair of black Ray Bans beneath multiple layers of well-cut, gelled patch of raven-black hair. His attire had been chosen to represent his Korean-Chinese blood, a crimson-gold changshan depicting a shenlong, a mythical Chinese dragon known as the master of the storm and rain.

Giving a nod of thanks to his butler then bidding farewell to the last connection to his roots back in Korea, Sun strode into the grounds of the Lynwood Academy.

Ander's speech, or rather Mr Laskaris's speech about learning the skills needed to protect the world from those that threatened it amused the Korean. He knew about those who were Marked and what the world expected of them. Well, what the word had once expected of them. At that very moment, there were more than enough men and women in the world under the illusion that they were selfless defenders of the people or their faith.

Having power did not mean you took on responsibility, it meant having more freedom than the person weaker than you. If he were to take to heart the things he had been taught within his family, that would be one of them. Though he was a follower of Somnus, he was no religious fanatic like those of the Church of Light. Right now, his only conviction was to his own beliefs about how life should really be lived.

Once his teacher had finished his rant, Sun moved for the dorms immediately. He had had enough of naive idealism, the most important question that very moment for Sun was simply when does the fun start?
Last edited by Vanquaria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Aureo Mercurius

It was an interesting group that Aureo found himself with. Unfortunately, however, it seemed that they could be divided into two camps. The majority of them were from all over and had no ties to prominent mage families, and hadn’t been shown magic properly, receiving either an incomplete education of it, no education at all, or teaching themselves rather than learning under a well trained instructor. As far as their family names went, those names weren’t even worth remembering. They were commoners.

And then there were the ones that were either from actual mage families or had received a more proper training, and they were fewer, and the numbers were even smaller when looking at just the ones that came from prominent mage families rather than common ones. It was a shame. One would think that the humans that were supposedly responsible for saving the world would be from the best mage families in the world. It would have been more interesting to talk with them than it would be to talk with commoners, but that was just how things were apparently. Aureo would have to live with it as long as he was with this group, and hopefully, he wouldn’t be forced to interact too much with those commoners.

There were a few, however, that were different. Aureo had detected a light mage immediately and sized her up right away, and it didn’t take knowing her name to tell that she was from a family that wasn’t just good with magic, but actually powerful. Actually, he knew her name already. Her family was one of the ones involved in the inner workings of the Church of Light, and while they were Swiss, their trips to Church City were frequent. Aureo smiled, looking at the shy girl.

He’d get her to open up despite that obvious shyness. He wasn’t even thinking about the introductory talk as the instructors stood in front of everyone. Instead he was only looking at the girl, staring her down without caring if anyone saw. The opinions of the others, the commoners, they didn’t matter. Aureo had his eyes set on the girl, and before the introduction was even over, he walked over to her and grabbed her ass, firmly, his hand holding on like a vice grip and not moving even as she flinched. No, she’d have to work to get away if she felt like it.

“Why hello, Gabriella de Inferenza,” he said in a tone that sounded… Utterly confident in himself. Like he was talking to an old friend despite only just meeting her. As if he wasn’t worried one bit about what her reaction would be. “I’m rather surprised that out of your family, you were the one that ended up with the mark, but these things tend to work in strange ways, don’t they? Not that I’m complaining. It’s nice to have someone like you around, while we’re surrounded by mongrels.”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Gabriella Sara Bianchi-Costa de Inferenza

"Um-" Was all Gabriella said as she felt a hand grip her on the ass, flinching noticeably as she wriggled, trying and failing to escape the grip, turning around to see whoever it was. She didn't recognise the guy, but he was bigger than her by a noticeable margin, and as he spoke, his voice carried a tone of such confidence in his own words that she wasn't sure if he was truly that confident in himself or just extremely deluded.

"Do I know you?" She asked; he obviously knew her name, but she couldn't recall ever seeing him, nor hearing that voice, and both were... Quite distinctive to say the least. She'd recognise them if she's seen or heard them, and she hadn't, which raised the mystery of how he knew her name in the first place. "And... Yes." She recovered her composure somewhat. "I didn't expect to get it, and it still confuses me and that's... Nice?" She wriggled uneasily, seemingly confused by his choice of words. "Can you, um, let me go? Please?"
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Samuel Storm

The view was beautiful, nobody could ever argue that it wasn’t. But as his eyes briefly flicked towards the courtyard, he realized that there was something even more beautiful.

Standing behind were he had stood in the courtyard stood a brown haired girl in a yellow dress and sleeveless shirt. And man was she stunning, Sam thought to himself.

Stepping onto the stone pillar that had carried him to the roof, and willing it to lower him to the ground, Sam approached the girl.

“Hey, I’m Sam, and I’m kinda lost, could you give me directions to unlocking your heart?” He said with slightly red cheeks and a smile.
Lover of doggos

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:49 pm

Nev Hurn

—Didn’t want to be here, but here he is.—

Nev stood at the foot of the steps. He looked up at the buildings ahead, knowing that he was to stay there from now to who knows when. Everything lately seemed like a blur to him, he could hardly remember much of it, but he didn’t mind that at the moment. This was nothing like New Orleans, he thought. It was hard to breathe here, the air was much drier than what he was used to, but he would adjust in due time. Now, his main objective was getting up the steps. Sure, walking was the main way to go, but he couldn’t help but find another way.

His bag in one hand, and a rather fine cane in the other, Nev secured his bag as he took a deep breath and his cane began to glow red, charging up with magical energy. Instead of its normal function, Nev decided to make his magic into a concussive blast, and with a jumping start, the end of his cane blasted out a red explosion, propelling the rising mage upwards.

He was up in the air, counting down from three as he watched the stairs fly behind him. Three. Two. One. His cane charged up again and fired, he continuing this process again and again until he reached the top, using one final blast to cancel his momentum and land safely at the top of the steps.

“Ah, walking, sure is fine unless you can Scrooge McDuck it.” He said with a smile, going out to the courtyard. He listened to the conversations going on, though his attention wandered to a certain man. A man who, in an act that only those with titanium balls have the audacity to do, grabbed the ass of another Marked. Nev didn’t know what to think, was he supposed to be angry, or was he supposed to admire the man’s supreme confidence? He simply stood in thought, his eyes trained on the man.
Last edited by The Cross and Davids Star on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Jack

Jack had been going to try to talk to the flame man, but he left before he could. Not that it much mattered, what with all the people to introduce himself to. One man caught his eye in particular, a man bounding up the stairs Scrooge Mcduck style with a cane that seemed to be blasting energy with each bound. That piqued his interest quick, and he slid down the slide of the building, slick as butter in a pan, listening to the electricity crackling inside him with something like glee, and used his momentum to propel himself towards the man. As he got closer, Jack saw the man's eyes. They looked almost glowing red. Jack thought it was just a trick of the light, but he wasn't sure. Aw well. He was about to find out.
He walked towards the man, his momentum spent, and neatly got up in front of the red eyed man and stuck out his hand. "Hi! My name's Jack. What's your's?"
Pebis

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Revlona wrote:
Samuel Storm

The view was beautiful, nobody could ever argue that it wasn’t. But as his eyes briefly flicked towards the courtyard, he realized that there was something even more beautiful.

Standing behind were he had stood in the courtyard stood a brown haired girl in a yellow dress and sleeveless shirt. And man was she stunning, Sam thought to himself.

Stepping onto the stone pillar that had carried him to the roof, and willing it to lower him to the ground, Sam approached the girl.

“Hey, I’m Sam, and I’m kinda lost, could you give me directions to unlocking your heart?” He said with slightly red cheeks and a smile.

Sienna lift up her head to see the same boy that flew onto the roof approach her. He clearly felt ensured by her beauty which was to be expected yet still unexpected since she practically just arrived.

"Well Sam," she answered with her hand placed upon her chin with her elbow on her suitcase, "There were no directions available to begin with so you're stuck with reading only the face."

Smirking at her comeback, Sienna diverted her eyes away and saw a new student clearly not showing respect to a fellow peer student as he grabbed her butt. "Aw heck no." she frowned. "That just isn't the right behavior."
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Aureo Mercurius

“Do you know me? I believe the answer to that question would be no but I also believe that the fact has little bearing on this situation,” said Aureo, not releasing Gabriella even when she asked. He heard Sienna say something but he ignored her fully, instead continuing to look at Gabriella and speak to her. “I simply wanted to ask you a question, there’s no need to squirm,” he added, with a laugh. “And that is, would you prefer to share a room with me, away from these others? The servants of the Light Goddess should remain together, after all. It’s only natural that someone like you would stay with a soldier of the goddess.”

Aureo finally released Gabriella and turned away from her, looking towards Sienna as his red eyes narrowed, the black pupil shifting until it seemed like that of a cat. It was a strange phenomenon, but also seemed… Strangely natural, when it happened right now. The glare wasn’t one of someone that was intimidated, or even the glare of someone who took their enemy seriously, but a look of utter contempt. The kind of look that could destroy someone’s confidence without lifting a finger or uttering a word.

“Did you say something?” asked Aureo, extending his right arm and expending mana as it was covered by white flames. The message was clear, to back off. The flames could be sent towards Sienna at any time, and anyone who knew enough about magic would know that it wasn’t regular fire, but rather something that had added magical effects. It was the reason for the white color. “If you have a problem, step up and do something about it… Mongrel.”
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:48 pm

Jack

Jack had noticed the guy harrasing the girl before, but he hoped that someone else would deal with it. Him flashing his magic, trying to intimidate the other girl who had come to the girl he'd been harrassings defense? And calling her a mongrel? That was just a dick move. He lowered his hand from red-eyes. He could wait. Jack had a feeling this couldn't. He saw the white in the flame, and realized it could do some real damage, but they had to have a healer up here, right?

He stepped forward, his arms lifting as he summoned the electricity from his body. It crackled and arced over his skin, neon blue, and beautiful in a lethal way.
"Hey ya creepy bastard, how about you calm down before things get more escalated?"
Pebis

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Natalie "Nat" Paulson

Nat and the others are gathered at the courtyard of the school, if you call this somewhat-poor-looking monastery of sort as a school. The courtyard looked just fine, if you want to call it a courtyard. She was not even here on purpose. She was in a jail, for a theft. But...her Marked sign was shown, and from there it was only a matter of time.

The school have various students. One with a wheelchair, of various ethnicities, but there are Caucasians. Perhaps since they are most likely similar in terms of age, the school looked for the most populated area and most considered to be the birthplace of Marked Ones. If there are any methods on how to find one though, she'd never know of it. Perhaps the Marked choose randomly. The method? None. But the person? Some kind of someone who seek those who are Marked. Her father told of it once, but he never tell more. Probably because it is an unimportant fact to those who have no Marked.

She had some collection of hers as well. Weapons, the classic phone with no GPS of which it would be harder to pinpoint her through maps and such, but still have signals to be traced. Oh, how wonderful this place could be. While she pondering on whether she is willing to ask something or not, she saw a conflict between a man and a woman. Well, a boy, and a woman. Two women, though. Someone also kinda called on his action. Oh, and there's another man.

Well, someone is needed for the easing tensions kind of thing. But she's that unwilling to talk to strangers. But these strangers will be her friends, and she'd better walk past that. He obviously was angry, and ready to release...some fire, of white color. Yep, definitely not your average magician. "Hey, there," as she approached all four of them. "This is not a good advice, coming from a moral girl like me, but you'd better stop, before someone intervene. And not me, or maybe her," as she pointed to Sienna, "or your supposed victim," as she looked to Gabriella. "But the instructors. So you may want to call it off."

"Or, maybe not, who knows, right?" she chuckled. But she already grabbed the pairs of brass knuckles of hers. She'd better put a quick punch to him if something bad happened to spill the blood quickly and for her to use her magic.
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Sun Yi Jong

It wasn't the scene of violence about to occur that attracted the Korean man but rather it was the intense aura around the blonde-haired man that really drew Sun's attention. The guy was strong, and that meant he was a very good source of mana.

Walking up to the 3 mages but maintaining a distance from the man in the spotlight as a sign of respect to what was obviously a minute fraction of his strength being displayed, the mana vampire spectated the scene with great curiosity.

He knew the blonde man was strong but what Sun really wanted to view was how the female mage would respond to blondie's threat.

"Some good entertainment on the first day, praise Somnus," he grinned, arms folded and Ray Bans still on.

That was until a volatile dude with electricity about his body appeared followed by a girl with brass knuckles on.

"Ah, you ruined it," Sun muttered as he was forced to step in to stop people from becoming mincemeat for the blondie.

Arms outstretched too but in a more re-conciliatory posture, "Hey, hey turn off the power mate. Let's not cause a scene here with people you don't even know or could possibly ever hope to face."
Last edited by Vanquaria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Jack

Jack hated to admit it, but the asian dude was right. He knew that fire; it was holy. Not a surefire indicator, but it conveyed some big power. As much as he didn't want to, he was gonna have to back down.
He didn't bother going for a handshake. This guy seemed like an elitist douchebag. Instead, he lowered his electricity and said, "You have a point.", to the korean man. Jack then turned to blondie and asked him, "I think we got off on the wrong foot. You're from one of the houses, right? I have a feeling I'll never have your respect, but I can say that we got off on the wrong foot. Apologies for my temper.". With that, he left to find a room.
Last edited by Lessoni on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pebis

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:14 pm

Aria Liva

Aria watched the sky from her position on the edge of the courtyard, not paying attention particularly closely to the conversations and fights around her. She breathed in the crisp mountain air, enjoying the change in scenery from her usual home in Ontario, a farm no less. She idly stuck a finger in her mouth, checking to see if the annoying persistent fangs her body wanted to grow needed to be filed back down to a normal level. They did not, for now, and the only other obvious sign, if anyone paid attention, were her purple eyes, which some mages without her mixed ancestry had anyway. She was content to stay like this for the time being, until the word Mongrel got thrown around. More curious than annoyed, Aria turned her gaze back to the people around her, and quickly found the man with the white fire. The white fire intrigued her, it was obviously magical, but she had never seen anything quite like it before and….well, she’d been exposed to a lot of fire.

Strapped to her back, and hidden in her unassuming, baggy and designed for the weather clothing were her weapons, with only her glaive and MP7A1 really being visible, her various knives, throwing and otherwise, were hidden away. She didn’t need them on her, but she wanted to send a clear message that she could handle herself if she had. She took a little while to size up the people getting involved in this little standoff, and a smile crept onto her lips as she realized this man was stronger than even her, and would prove to much for any of the others, individually at least. She briefly considered interfering before any blood was spilled but….well, split blood was rather enticing, so instead she decided to see where this would go, and take some notes on the abilities of those that might be fighting here.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Vanquaria wrote:Sun Yi Jong

Arms outstretched too but in a more re-conciliatory posture, "Hey, hey turn off the power mate. Let's not cause a scene here with people you don't even know or could possibly ever hope to face."

Natalie Paulson

The Asian man who came to obviously pulled a bigger weight in terms of force power. Well, this is a relief. She couldn't shake the feeling that something's off, and she wanted to end this at a very peaceful and reasonable ends. Unfortunately, the other man with electricity kinda ruined the whole thing.

"Sure. I am trying to make sure the conflict's off the radar before our instructors showed up. But that electricity guy kinda ruined the whole...idea of peaceful approach, of slightly violent, if I may add," seeing that she already equipped her brass knuckles.

"But the man clearly grabbed her ass, and it's not right." Well, it's not right to break the order and not a beneficial situation for the students overall.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Sun Yi Jong

Realizing the fact that Jack was one very naive dude, Sun quickly stepped in and gently laid his hands on lightning boy's shoulders before pushing him in a friendly but urgent manner away from the blondie.

"Man, I gotta save your ass do I?" Sun said as he looked back at blondie, "You really do NOT want to get close to that guy at all whatsoever, seriously I am warning you right now you don't want to do that, no, not at fucking all."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Kana "Gyges" Kaleikaumaka
Question Answered, Room to be claimed
Lynwood Academy

"Thank you very much." Kana said and looked at Niki before the Seeker had turned her attention to the white haired man who asked a second question. A question that even gave Kana a sense that the guy who asked the question thought he was superior. However, she didn't speak, nor did she stay around to listen for the answer to the rude white haired man. So, she started to roll away, but a certain commotion caught her attention.

She didn't see what started it, but noting the white fire, which was not natural, she made her decision. Without knowing what was going on, and with someone who could very well be dangerous, it just wasn't a good idea to Kana to get involved. And so, she just kept wheeling by, heading for the dorms.

Please don't start killing each other...

Escanor Elwyn Banaing and Ryder Elne Banaing
Tensions Rise
Lynwood Academy

"I never ment to insinuate that such a task was easy." Escanor spoke not reacting to the glare, "If someone is out of commission due to a cold, or stepping on something sharp, then perhaps they shouldn't be stepping up to walk this path. However, I have no power in the decision making of our elders. So, despite the fact I disagree, I will not argue, I will be patient and I will aid in cleaning. Thank you, for answering my questions."

With that, Escanor turned and started to head for the dorms, with Ryder following beside him. They stopped however, and looked at the possible trouble brewing. They didn't say anything, instead Escanor simple rested a hand on his sword, and Ryder reached behind him. If a fight broke out, they wouldn't step in, but they were ready to defend themselves.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Vanquaria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Natalie Paulson

The Asian man who came to obviously pulled a bigger weight in terms of force power. Well, this is a relief. She couldn't shake the feeling that something's off, and she wanted to end this at a very peaceful and reasonable ends. Unfortunately, the other man with electricity kinda ruined the whole thing.

"Sure. I am trying to make sure the conflict's off the radar before our instructors showed up. But that electricity guy kinda ruined the whole...idea of peaceful approach, of slightly violent, if I may add," seeing that she already equipped her brass knuckles.

"But the man clearly grabbed her ass, and it's not right." Well, it's not right to break the order and not a beneficial situation for the students overall.

Sun Yi Jong

Turning to face Natalie, Sun replied, "One thing I've learnt and learnt well in Korea is not to mess with other people's business and besides..."

He gestured to Gabriella, "She's a mage just like the rest of us, and guess what? She's also Marked. That means she can fend for herself all right," he put his hand on Natalie's shoulder, "It's not our job anyways to intervene in someone's problems. We ain't superheroes."
Last edited by Vanquaria on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Nev Hurn

-No need to be around when the magic starts flying-

Nev watched as the situation quickly escalated, and honestly, he was not gonna die the first day he got here, so he quickly sidestepped away from the group so he doesn’t get caught in the potential crossfire. He looked over and saw two of the others, who appeared very simlar to him, and decided to join them as part of the spectators.

“So... so much for first impressions, no? Not even our first full day and we have a mexican standoff of magical proportions.” Nev said to the twins, trying to start up a little conversation to ease the suspense.
Last edited by The Cross and Davids Star on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse