NATION

PASSWORD

The Berlin Conference (Imperial Entente only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Transdeutschland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Berlin Conference (Imperial Entente only)

Postby Transdeutschland » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

(Note: This is strictly for Imperial Entente only. If you'd like to join this RP and other RPs like it set in a universe where Germany won WWI, you are welcome to join the region and sign up for RP)

The Great War is over. Europe, after five years of fighting, is now at peace. The last remnants of the Allies surrendered in early 1919. Now the continent is under the rule of the Central Powers of Germany, Austria Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Italy, and Bulgaria. The victorious nations send delegations to the German capital of Berlin, to negotiate and agree on future division of the continent. Representatives from the Provisional Governments in the occupied territories of France, Britain, Belgium, Greece, Serbia, Poland, Baltic States and Romania also attend, as well as delegations from neutral nations, such as Soviet Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Spain and Ireland, to secure their place, here, in the Kaiser's Europe.

Transdeutschland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transdeutschland » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 am

The Conference had been opened by the Kaiser the day before, and today, October 12 1920, the negotiations begun. Delegations sat in rows in front of a stage, and which the German Foreign Minister von Papen stood. He addressed them, "Delegats, welcome to Berlin. You were greeted by his Imperial Majesty Wilhelm II yesterday, and today, the negotiations begin. Now, the Imperial Government of the German Empire, has drawn up a map of how we think Europe should look, on a fair mix of power. Let me show you..."

"Now, from this map you can see, newly independent countries, Wallonia, Moldovia, Poland, Baltic. Neutral nations, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, keep their pre war territory, and the Netherlands will be awarded Flanders. As you can see, some of France, around the North East, is given to Germany, and some of the south to Italy. There is also some of the North given to Belgium. The defeated nation of Luxembourg is fully annexed by the German Empire, while we also take Memel. Between Germany and the Soviet Russia, there are two new nations. There eastern borders corospond with the agreement reached between Germany and the Soviets when they withdrew from the war. We believe both nations will be Constitutional Monarchies, with, likley, German monarchs, a Duke of Baltic and a Prince of Poland. Austria Hungary, to the south, keeps its sphere of influence with Bosnia and Moldavia, while Serbia is under Bulgarian influence. You can see also the annexation of Wallachia by Bulgaria. The Ottoman Empire will be awarded many Greek islands, plus influence over the Kingdom of Greece itself, and also over neutral Albania. Italy, expands northward into majority Italian Southern Tyrol, and Corse. In the British isles, we see, a Democratic, British Republic, and a Free, Irish state. For more on the Irish state, I invite his Imperial Highness Prince Joachim to speak..."
Last edited by Transdeutschland on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alkalina
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alkalina » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:44 pm

From the far-left of the room, a delegate stood, “Ahem, I am sorry to interject, but I am here to represent the Soviet Union, we are in the midst of transitioning under a new form of government. Our leader, Lenin, seeks to have lands that would help us industrialize. I believe that Poland and the Baltics infringe on our sovereignty. Establishing German monarchs so close to our borders may cause loyalist to the former monarchy to rise up against the new government; therefore, we believe that it would be in the best interest for everyone to split this Poland down the middle and let us annex the Baltics, so we can have a strategical port city.” “Now Prince Joachim you may speak."
Last edited by Alkalina on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Shang
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Shang » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Before Prince Joachim could reply to Wilhelm II, Shang Loong Ma who was the head of the Shang dynasty interrupted shortly after the soviet ambassador. "I certainly do not agree with your statement, I think that the Byelorussians should be given their own sovereign state based in Grodno. Of course the Fins, Ukrainians, Chechens, Georgians, Azerbaijanis and Armenians should also gain control of their own nations. It wouldn't hurt if you hurt if you some granted sovereignty to these peoples? Footnote, you can keep Donetsk and Central Asia but Crimea; is better being German for now." The room was silent, how dare this oriental speak infront of them. Why is he here, he's not even european.
Last edited by Imperial Shang on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Osterreichisch-Magyar
Civilian

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Osterreichisch-Magyar » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Foreign Minister of Austria-Hungary, Count Gyula Andrássy de Csíkszentkirály et Krasznahorka the Younger rises, "My apologies Herr von Papen for the brief interruption I must make." He pauses to stroke his beard. "I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned that the Kingdom of Italy 'expands northward into majority Italian Southern Tyrol'. Herr von Papen, the land of South Tyrol is within Austrian borders and is majority German. Austria-Hungary was one of the victors, and many noble, brave Austrian and Hungarian young men fought on the frontlines with both Italians and Germans, not on one front, but three, the Balkan Front, the Eastern Front, and the Western Front. An estimated 1,494,200 young Austrian-Hungarians fought and died for the victory of the Central Powers. Austria-Hungary was not in the defeated Entente, nay, we were in the victorious Central Powers. Therefore, we will NOT cede Southern Tyrol to Italy." The Count nods in von Papen's direction with a slight frown and seats himself.

Transdeutschland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transdeutschland » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:50 am

"Order! Order!" cried von Papen, attempting to silence the interrupting delegates. I see that many governments object to our proposed map. Firstly, I will address the issue given by Count Herr Csikszentkiraly et Krasznahorka. Our map indeed does expand the Italian Kingdom into the Austrian region of Trento, which indeed, does have a large population of Italians living in it, but is, and has been for centuries, Austrian ground. This particular area was mentioned by the Italian delegate wishing for all Italian speakers to be reunited. The German Government wishes to withdraw its proposal for an Italian Trento, and it will stay in Austrian hands."

"Now, statement made by the delegate from German South Asia suggests his plan for independent ethnicities to gain independence from Russia. However, such a move would violate the Riga Agreement of 1918, when the Russians withdrew from the war, and borders between German occupied land and Russian land. These are the borders shown on the map. On the other side, the Soviets demand half of Poland and the Baltics. Such an idea violates the agreement aforementioned. The Baltics and Poland will remain German Protectorates, and they will remain monarchies."

Imperial Entente
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Entente » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 am

"Don't I get a say in this?" the delegates turned their heads to the back of the room. It was Damat Ferid Pasha, Grand Vizer of the Ottoman Empire. "The man from South Asia does not realise that Armenia is a state of the Great Ottoman Empire. We will not be liberating Armenia! It is Ottoman land. Moreover, we wish to gain more power in the Causcaus! We fought against Russia, and we won there. I will not be told what land to give up by a dirty little Buddhist. Thankyou Mr Papen for letting me speak, and I hope that my fellow Central Powers will accept my fair and just demands.
Last edited by Imperial Entente on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Transdeutschland
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Transdeutschland » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 pm

... After several weeks of negotiation, the Central Powers compromised with an agreed Treaty. This reshaped Europe, dissolving many of the Provisional Governments and replacing them with Democratic Republics and Constitutional Monarchies. Many of the victorious nations saw their borders expand, and them gain a more dominating role in Europe's Geopolitics. With the German Empire and the Soviet Union reaching an agreed deal on Eastern Europe, it seems that Europe would be at peace for decades to come. Some of the Treaty outlay the framework for a Global organisation, known as the Weltpakt, in which many nations will have membership, to form, prioritising global peace and cooperation. The Treaty of Berlin was signed October 30, 1920, by the Central Powers, Germany, Austria Hungary, Ottoman Empire, Italy and Bulgaria, the nations of the Soviet Union, Finland, Sweden Norway, Spain, Albania, Portugal, Greece, Denmark and the Netherlands, plus the Provisional Governments of France, Britain, Ireland, Belgium, Baltic, Belarussia, Romania, and Serbia.

This marks the end of this RP thread

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents