NATION

PASSWORD

[SILLY] 42

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

[SILLY] 42

Postby Jutsa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:03 pm

I. Don't. Know.

Title: 42
The Issue: You've waken up in an infinitely dark room. The only thing you can see is a man in sunglasses sitting across from you, lit by something that you can't make out.

Option 1: The man holds out a small, blue pill in his left hand. "You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your office and believe whatever you want to."
[effect] @@LEADER@@ dozes off regularly

Option 2: The man holds out a small, red pill in his right hand. "You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep government corruption goes."
[effect] half the government has mysteriously vanished

Option 3: Make a run for it?
[effect] there's a creepy and dark room in the capitol building that nobody talks about
Last edited by Jutsa on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 pm

It's bending some rules, but it's kind of interesting.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 am

Not sure what I just read... @@LEADER@@ in situations (as long as player autonomy is maintained) is interesting.

Kind of feel the red-pill Matrix idea has been totally ruined by MRAs, though...
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 am

I don't like it. I see what you're aiming for, but I don't feel it's NS.

Having said that, I think there's some fun satire possible targeting an MRA type doing the whole red pill blue pill thing, while looking nothing like Morpheus (for example, being an overweight middle-aged neckbearded caucasian man in a fedora). That could lift up a different issue about mens rights, for sure.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 am

Why would I trust the man that the pills do what they say they do?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:26 am

I have no idea. :rofl:

Eh it's fine, I really just wrote this for fun when the idea hit me like a train. :lol:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 pm

Accepting the blue pill should totally result in having your nation deleted :p
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:22 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[option] Suddenly a thought pops into your mind. The sacred words of, "What about the droid attack on the wookies?"
[effect] wrong movie bro
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Cross Me and Watch Yourself Perish
Civilian

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cross Me and Watch Yourself Perish » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm

This is an excellent draft! :P

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 pm

USS Monitor wrote:It's bending some rules, but it's kind of interesting.

Exactly! I always wondered why NEO took Morpheous seriously
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:It's bending some rules, but it's kind of interesting.

Exactly! I always wondered why NEO took Morpheous seriously

Because the filmmaker wanted to make his trilogy, dammit :p

"I'll take the blue pill, thanks," would have made for a very short movie.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Exactly! I always wondered why NEO took Morpheous seriously

No, it's more like "who the f$$k are you and why the f##k are you giving me strange pills? Why should I trust that these pills do what you say they do?" That would have actially made a good subplot
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Exactly! I always wondered why NEO took Morpheous seriously

Why do you have to take the pill, to begin with? It's been a while since I've watched Matrix, but did the Red Pill do anything to Neo? Physically, I mean? Was it what woke him up?

And if so, how did it do that? Who engineered that pill?

Too many questions.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:50 pm

I think the red pill was a sugar pill and the blue pill was basically a knockout anesthesia or something.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Because the filmmaker wanted to make his trilogy, dammit :p

Why do you have to take the pill, to begin with? It's been a while since I've watched Matrix, but did the Red Pill do anything to Neo? Physically, I mean? Was it what woke him up?

And if so, how did it do that? Who engineered that pill?

Too many questions.

I read this somewhere, but apparently, they're two different lines of computer code. One line allows you to exist the matrix, and other line makes you jump back in time to before you encountered Morpheous. The pill you swallow is the line of code which interacts with you

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Plus, it's a good way of formally indicating consent.

Mostly though, it's just rule of cool. The first film was better than the later ones, because it was all about rule of cool. It's only when they started trying to lay down the groundwork rules of the films' realities that the whole thing began to fall apart,
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Hamstan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamstan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:58 pm

This is the best thing. I think what would make it better is that it would only affect one stat no matter what choice.
ALL POWER TO THE HAM KINGS, COMRADES!-Vladimir Bacon, our founder
a 5.63 civilization, according to https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
IC Location: Has now expanded beyond the borders of its home universe and has constructed its own little interstellar empire in its own pocket universe
OOC: Hamstan does not reflect my views. I'm just a teenage anarchist

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?