NATION

PASSWORD

E.U. Imposes Sanctions on Iran Over Assassination Plots

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izaakia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Izaakia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:13 am

Sneudal wrote:
Izaakia wrote:
NATO is literally an organisation created to counter the threat of Russia in Europe.

1) Nope.
2) Russia =/= Communism.

Shofercia wrote:

Nato was in no way bothered by Cuban or Vietnamese communism.
It’s explcitly to counter Russian influence on the continent, which at the time was communist. It’s not longer communist, but is clearly still a threat, which is why nato hasn’t become obsolete. Now nato is about two things, countering Islamic extremism, and Russia.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. - Sir Winston Churchill

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 am

Izaakia wrote:
Sneudal wrote:
Nobody worth mentioning ever claimed that the E.U. or N.A.T.O existed to 'protect' 'the west' from 'communism'.

NATO is literally an organisation created to counter the threat of Russia in Europe.

NATO was created to counter the Soviet Union in Europe. In 1949 Russia was not a fully sovereign state.

And NATO no longer exists with Communism in mind as Russia is not Communist.
NATO’s role is different now, and broader than it was then as well.

You could argue at one point it existed to protect only part of the “West”, Western Europe from Communism but NATO did not exist to take action against Communists within Europe against Communism, it was designed with external threats in mind.

It did allegedly have some involvement in covert counter intelligence stuff for a time, but it never was structured around nor particularly well suited for that role.
Last edited by Novus America on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sicaris
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicaris » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:19 am

Solution: Stop major exports to Iran, destroy it’s economy.

It’d speed up the collapse of that god forsaken government
This country doesn’t represent my political views.
Three Principles of the People is a good book.
8values
Political Compass
PolitiScales
I’m an American nationalist, ultra-capitalist, Kemalist, and First and Second Amendment extremist. Alexander Hamilton and Ronald Reagan are my gods and I will incessantly worship them.

No, basement dwellers of the world, communism does not work.

“If you are born poor, it’s not your mistake; but if you die poor, it’s your mistake.”

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:26 am

Sicaris wrote:Solution: Stop major exports to Iran, destroy it’s economy.

Better idea is to stop imports from, not (non military) exports to Iran.
If you want to bankrupt a country you sell them stuff (but only if they pay real currency) but you also refuse to buy their stuff.

Forcing them to borrow money to buy your stuff.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sneudal
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sneudal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:43 am

Izaakia wrote:
Sneudal wrote:
1) Nope.
2) Russia =/= Communism.

Nato was in no way bothered by Cuban or Vietnamese communism.
It’s explcitly to counter Russian influence on the continent, which at the time was communist. It’s not longer communist, but is clearly still a threat, which is why nato hasn’t become obsolete. Now nato is about two things, countering Islamic extremism, and Russia.

Nice joke there.

Sicaris wrote:Solution: Stop major exports to Iran, destroy it’s economy.

Or you know, stop harboring terrorists.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:52 am

The purpose of OTAN is and always has been to maintain the west-centric world order that benefits former colonial powers and the united states. It's literally an alliance formed by crumbling empires who agreed to accept the new kid on the block as their equal in exchange for his muscle.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Danternoust
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Danternoust » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:38 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:Iran has incredible plot power.

No, the The Assassins do.

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Societies#The_Assassins
Bombadil wrote:He has no basis in fact. He will not succeed. He has no chance. He is deluded in thinking he has a chance.

He may take unprecedented action, that's true.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General