NATION

PASSWORD

Elementals 3: The White Rose (IC, Sign-ups only)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lazarian
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Lazarian » Wed May 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"It's technically not a lie, but I don't know how wise it would be to openly admit we consorted with pirates. Maybe instead of that, we could try to convince them that we sailed with these flags in order to avoid confrontation with other pirates? Though I'm not sure which story is easier to believe. In any case, I'm with you. This certainly beats ignoring their signals and waiting for them to get fed up with us." He nodded.

He then jabbed a thumb towards Eric and his thick aura of alcoholic stench. "I'm not sure they'll buy the story about us being diplomats if you take him along, though."

Katya curled a few strands of hair in her fingers, lost in thought. Tristan certainly had a point about the whole "consorting with pirates" deal. Perhaps it would be advisable to avoid that. On a slightly more positive note, it was good that the others were with her on skipping the signaling process and taking the action to them. And he was right about Eric - bringing him certainly would be inadvisable in his current position. However, she still wanted him along, despite his drunkenness. And while they were friends (to some degree), it wasn't because of that - it was because of Belle. Having an Angelle of the gods themselves with them was a useful failsafe - her wings could likely carry them to safety in a worst case scenario.
Serconas wrote:"Ke'Am will come with you if you want him to. He has still some problems with being on the sea, though. Telling them that we made a trade with criminals will not help us", he agreed with Tristan. "Maybe the pirates held us hostage after sinking our ship, but we were able to err... defy them?" he offered in return.

Katya nodded in response to Ke'Am. Despite his primitive weaponry and odd ways, he certainly wasn't dull.

"I prefer this story, Tristan. The Basilisk Pirates are quite vell known, even among my homelands. I'm afraid that the Devil's Luck may be recognizable, and if South Gallians catch us in a lie...vell, I'm not about to find out vhat they'll do. I think it's reasonable to say that our ship was damaged in battle with pirates, and we boarded this vessel after victory. Unless there are any objections?" she replied, leaving the suggestion open-ended in case one of them came up with a better idea.

She turned to Eric, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Eric, this may be quite a request, but could I borrow your holy sword for a few moments? You heard Tristan - unless you have some sort of cure for drunkenness in that satchel of yours, it'd be best if you...stayed and guarded the ship from sneak attacks. Because if this goes wrong, we're all a feast for fish."

Inwardly, she cringed a little bit. There was no way he was letting go of Belle. The two, despite their seeming hatred of each other, were surprisingly inseparable. But having a contingency plan was important, and it probably didn't hurt too much to ask.

Ameriganastan
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Lazarian wrote:
She turned to Eric, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Eric, this may be quite a request, but could I borrow your holy sword for a few moments? You heard Tristan - unless you have some sort of cure for drunkenness in that satchel of yours, it'd be best if you...stayed and guarded the ship from sneak attacks. Because if this goes wrong, we're all a feast for fish."

Inwardly, she cringed a little bit. There was no way he was letting go of Belle. The two, despite their seeming hatred of each other, were surprisingly inseparable. But having a contingency plan was important, and it probably didn't hurt too much to ask.

"Not on your life, runt. No one wields this nagging piece of scrap metal but me. Besides, I'm perfectly capable of diplomacy while trashed. There was this one time-"

"Eric, those two tribes wound up wiping each other out the next day cause your 'negotiating skills' made them even angrier. And you only escaped being flayed alive by them cause you fell into that cave hole while running from them."

"...Oh yeah...I guess I am in sorry shape right now for speechifying. Haven't been on a bender this long since...well, ever...eh, fine. You can borrow her."

He drew Belle from his back.

"Borrow. The second you're back on this here ship, I expect her back. You all spit elements out of your hands, I have the magic talking sword. Let's not disrupt the status-quo too much here."

He placed Belle in her hand, looking rather like a nervous dad dropping his daughter off at the prom.

"Quit fretting you big baby. You act like you're my first wielder. I was being passed around before your great-great-great-great-great grandparents were born. Though it has been a while since I was held by a woman. Had to have been 700 years ago. Her name escapes me. She was a slave in some long forgotten kingdom. Found me buried in the dirt while working the fields one day..."

"Wait a minute...that sounds like the story of Keiises the Rebel. The story says she found a mystic artifact that inspired her to lead a revolt against those enslaving them..."

"Yes, Keiises! Such a brave young lady. Skinny as a rail but with more chutzpah than most knights. Was a sad day when she was struck down. Wish they hadn't buried me with her though. I was down there for 6 months before some brigand raided her grave and stole me."

Eric, for some reason, looked furious.

"I share my awesome stories with you for almost 20 years, and you never share with me that you were the sword of Keiises?"

"Jealous?"

He huffed and stormed off below deck.

"He's jealous."
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu May 16, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Lazarian
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Lazarian » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Borrow. The second you're back on this here ship, I expect her back. You all spit elements out of your hands, I have the magic talking sword. Let's not disrupt the status-quo too much here."

"Of course!" Katya interjected enthusiastically, quite excited. "Borrow. I agree. I probably couldn't keep her even if I vanted to, anyways."
Ameriganastan wrote:He placed Belle in her hand, looking rather like a nervous dad dropping his daughter off at the prom.

"Quit fretting you big baby. You act like you're my first wielder. I was being passed around before your great-great-great-great-great grandparents were born. Though it has been a while since I was held by a woman. Had to have been 700 years ago. Her name escapes me. She was a slave in some long forgotten kingdom. Found me buried in the dirt while working the fields one day..."

"Wait a minute...that sounds like the story of Keiises the Rebel. The story says she found a mystic artifact that inspired her to lead a revolt against those enslaving them..."

"Yes, Keiises! Such a brave young lady. Skinny as a rail but with more chutzpah than most knights. Was a sad day when she was struck down. Wish they hadn't buried me with her though. I was down there for 6 months before some brigand raided her grave and stole me."

Eric, for some reason, looked furious.

"I share my awesome stories with you for almost 20 years, and you never share with me that you were the sword of Keiises?"

"Jealous?"

He huffed and stormed off below deck.

"He's jealous."

"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

Katya gazed at Belle in awe as she held the sword up high, admiring it. It (or she?) had a magnificent blue sheen, with an artisan-crafted hilt. Although some of its properties were rather odd to her - the blade was asymmetrical, and for such a large blade, it was surprisingly light. Not that it really mattered - she wouldn't have Belle for much longer than an hour or so. She had no aspirations of truly wielding the sword in battle. "The main reason I want her is so that we can fly away if things go awry." she thought to herself, lowering Belle to her side. Well, she should have asked for the sheath. She was way too short to tie Belle to her waist - unless she wanted the sword to drag clumsily along the ground, and that'd probably be rude to it. Her. Whichever one it was, really. Instead, she'd have to settle for awkwardly tying it to her back.

"Wait, can you read my thoughts?" she thought, slightly aghast. It'd be bad if Belle could hear her silly diatribe about manners and her cowardly reason for wanting to borrow the sword. A stream of additional thoughts rapidly passed by, unfortunately. "And can you see as a sword? How does that work? Do you see through my eyes? Or Eric's eyes, gods forbid?!"

Katya made a face. That'd be gross. It was one thing to hear all these stories, but to be there for all of them would be another thing entirely.

Ameriganastan
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Lazarian wrote:"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

Katya gazed at Belle in awe as she held the sword up high, admiring it. It (or she?) had a magnificent blue sheen, with an artisan-crafted hilt. Although some of its properties were rather odd to her - the blade was asymmetrical, and for such a large blade, it was surprisingly light. Not that it really mattered - she wouldn't have Belle for much longer than an hour or so. She had no aspirations of truly wielding the sword in battle. "The main reason I want her is so that we can fly away if things go awry." she thought to herself, lowering Belle to her side. Well, she should have asked for the sheath. She was way too short to tie Belle to her waist - unless she wanted the sword to drag clumsily along the ground, and that'd probably be rude to it. Her. Whichever one it was, really. Instead, she'd have to settle for awkwardly tying it to her back.

"Wait, can you read my thoughts?" she thought, slightly aghast. It'd be bad if Belle could hear her silly diatribe about manners and her cowardly reason for wanting to borrow the sword. A stream of additional thoughts rapidly passed by, unfortunately. "And can you see as a sword? How does that work? Do you see through my eyes? Or Eric's eyes, gods forbid?!"

Katya made a face. That'd be gross. It was one thing to hear all these stories, but to be there for all of them would be another thing entirely.

"Yes, I can read your thoughts. It's how I communicated with Eric for all those years before I regained my ability to speak aloud. And no offense taken. Eric has used my recent bodily recovery as an escape tool for many of his harebrained adventures. I'm quite used to it by now. As for the seeing thing.."

She had to think for a moment on how to explain that one.

"I can see through my wielders eyes when I choose. But that's rough on mortal bodies. Angellic essence coursing through your eyes stings a tad. Otherwise, it's a blackness that lights up when there's movement. Like the waves bobbing the ship. Every movement shows me the world around me. It's not the same as actually seeing, but it worked for me...you know, Father would be furious to know I was being held by a wind elemental."

She giggled slightly at the memory.

"Aewiallia sneezed and accidentally extinguished his favorite flaming sword. He's never quite forgiven her for that."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Lazarian
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby Lazarian » Fri May 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Lazarian wrote:"I can understand vhy, Belle. Even I've heard the legend of Keiises. He'd probably have loved to have bragged about that for the last twenty years."

"Yes, I can read your thoughts. It's how I communicated with Eric for all those years before I regained my ability to speak aloud. And no offense taken. Eric has used my recent bodily recovery as an escape tool for many of his harebrained adventures. I'm quite used to it by now. As for the seeing thing.."

She had to think for a moment on how to explain that one.

"I can see through my wielders eyes when I choose. But that's rough on mortal bodies. Angellic essence coursing through your eyes stings a tad. Otherwise, it's a blackness that lights up when there's movement. Like the waves bobbing the ship. Every movement shows me the world around me. It's not the same as actually seeing, but it worked for me...you know, Father would be furious to know I was being held by a wind elemental."

She giggled slightly at the memory.

"Aewiallia sneezed and accidentally extinguished his favorite flaming sword. He's never quite forgiven her for that."

Katya smiled at the story, grinning in disbelief. It was so odd to hear Belle talk about the gods themselves as if they were just a squabbling family. It was rather comforting, though. Although, this off-hand comment did have theological implications. It meant that the Helreskaffen doctrine was right - they emphasized that the gods were just like mortal men, but greater and more noble. The Traditionalists, influenced by the remnants of the barbarian beliefs before the Empire was established, claimed that the gods were beyond mortal understanding - that they were akin to powerful and primeval nature spirits. Clearly, that wasn't the case.

"Well, I'm glad you're not offended."
she thought. "Between you and Eric, you're the more awe-inspiring one. Although, I have to ask - out of all the people the gods could have chosen, why him? Not that I'm questioning the choices of the gods, but it does leave me rather curious. He's hardly the ideal saint."

Suddenly, she realized that she'd been standing there with Belle for at least a minute in silence, just staring transfixed into the blade of the sword. The other folks on the deck looked at her quizzically, slightly confused.

"Oh, sorry!" she said abruptly to Ke'Am and Tristan, rather embarrassed. "Just having a conversation with Belle. Go get ready, but please do hurry. We'll be leaving at once."

Turning, she hurried back down the stairs to the captain's cabin, before placing Belle gently on a large desk which occupied a decent portion of the cabin. Alexei was sleeping in his hammock, his rumbling snoring filling the cabin yet again. Ivan was also asleep - him and Timur generally took the night watch on the ship, for whatever reason. They hadn't talked much recently. Timur was awake, reading through her spellbook. His ability to read always had fascinated her somewhat. It was rare for Garmiccian soldiers to be literate - often, they were composed of the lower classes, who mostly worked the fields. Her possessions were strewn over the cabin messily, which was unfortunate. Grabbing her hand mirror, she took a glance. If she was going to go around claiming she was a diplomat, she ought to look the part. Oh, dear. She looked windswept and sunburnt. Hardly the gentle features and fair skin of a noble's daughter there.

"You're as ugly as ever, darling." Timur chimed in from across the room, chuckling to himself. Katya scowled bitterly at him, before sighing and placing the mirror down. Well, no matter. Now, where had she placed the letter and seal? Those were quite critical. After rummaging through the drawers of the desk for a minute or so, she found them, and stashed them in a pocket of the coat.

"Make yourself useful for once and tie Belle here to my back, would you? I can't fix her at my side, for obvious reasons." she commanded, looking pointedly towards the peanut gallery. Timur nodded mindlessly, and then froze.

"Ah, I'd love to, but, I can't." he stammered nervously, placing the book down on the desk. He raised a hand over his face, as if the sun was shining straight into his eyes. That was odd - was that fear in his voice? That was new.

"No, seriously!" she continued, more irritably this time. "I don't pay you to sit around. Get your arse over here. That's an order!"

"I...I have to take inventory of the ship. And I take orders from your father, not you." he mumbled, before quickly striding out of the room, ignoring her. As he brushed past her and strode down the hallway, she swore she smelled the distinct smell of burning flesh. Rather perturbed by this and his actions, she was tempted to follow him and demand answers - but there were more pressing concerns on hand at the moment. Like three South Gallian frigates, for example. She'd get to him later. Turning around, she grabbed her mother's comb tightly (for good luck) and rushed up back up the stairs. After a few moments, with the help of the others on deck, they lowered the pinnace into the water and set off.

A few minutes later, Katya stood on the deck of the pinnace with Belle in hand, pointing at the sail of the boat to aid its passage. Behind her, Tristan, Lisoette, Keyam, and Flacht sat behind her. The couple looked wonderful, as always. She was honestly a little jealous of what they had, but she tried not to show it too much. As for Keyam, the poor fellow looked a little sick. He'd gotten quite better at handling it over the course of the trip, though. They chopped through the water quickly, without as many errors as the time she had sailed the pinnace at their departure from Carogne - over the course of the month, her control over the winds had improved. Honestly, out here in the ocean seemed to be where her connection with her patron goddess was closest. They were approaching the frigates, but something in the back of her mind still bothered her.

"Belle, do you have any idea what the hell all that was about?" she thought to herself, curling a strand of hair in her fingers. "I swear I smelled something burning. But...there wasn't anything on fire in there, was there?"

As she waited for Belle's response, she turned to Tristan and Keyam.

"So, do we just...sail up and vait for them to throw down ropes? Or should we attempt to take initiative, and board their vessel ourselves? I have no real experience with South Gallians. Vhat would you all prefer?"
Last edited by Lazarian on Fri May 17, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarkenis Ultima
P2TM RP Mentor

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sat May 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Serconas wrote:---
Lazarian wrote:---

Watching the nomad approach and offer his support, Tristan smiled sympathetically. He'd never had an issue being out on the waters, but he knew for a fact many Gallians did, especially those that didn't live in cities like Erilhall. Of course, he was fairly sure Ke'Am wasn't Gallian, but that was beside the point; it was easy to assume the same applied anywhere. Either way, the explanation he suggested - that they took over the ship after being attacked by the Basilisk Pirates - struck him as the most reasonable of the three that had been offered thus far. "Good thinking, Ke'Am." He nodded at the nomad.

Katya, it seemed, was in agreement with the suggestion as well, which left their path of action quite clear. With that out of the way, the Ice Elemental simply watched as Katya negotiated with Eric, who seemed all too happy to remain behind on the ship, but less happy about parting with Belle. Fortunately, Katya and Belle herself seemed to be able to talk some sense into him, and the situation was soon resolved. He didn't quite get why Eric seemed so mad as he stormed off, though.

After what seemed like an excessive amount of time spent staring at the Angelle sword, Katya finally addressed Ke'Am and Tristan again. Nodding at her words, the Ice Elemental headed down to the cabin he shared with Lisoette to prepare for their short diplomatic trip.

Fast forward a few minutes, and Tristan stood behind Katya on the pinnace, one arm on his waist and the other wrapped around Lisoette's shoulder. His hair was still damp from the light rain, but no longer as unkempt as before, and he wore the same navy blue shirt he had when he met the party - besides his preference for the color and his belief that it would give off the impression they wanted, it was also similar enough in color to Katya's Garmiccian clothing that he figured it would pass him off as her associate more easily. Fenrirtusk was still tied to his back in case something went wrong, but until it did, he doubted that bearing the weapon would bring him any issues as long as he didn't reach for it in the presence of the South Gallians.

"I don't think they'll take kindly to being boarded by a group of people who were seen disembarking from a pirate ship, even if we've done nothing to threaten them so far." The Ice Elemental replied to Katya's question. "I think our best bet is to wait until they invite us on board. Plus, we'll be in shouting distance soon, so if nothing else we could try to talk to them without leaving the pinnace." He suggested with a shrug. Far from ideal, but it was an option.
Hello! I'm a P2TM Mentor, if you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Depot [Portal To The Multiverse Information Thread]
Member of adhouse

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse