NATION

PASSWORD

The Coming Clash {IC|OPEN}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Coming Clash {IC|OPEN}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 pm

Click for OOC

The Clash at Giwash

”Do you feel it? This stagnant chill. This unnatural chill. Something's coming… Everything will change once again.” - Unknown

The city of Giwash, one of the greatest cities in the world. A city were cultures from around the world are capable of mingling, and knowledge is cultivated. In fact, Giwash has established itself as a center of learning, with multiple schools at all levels, companies and research institutions. Most of this research and knowledge coming from Giwash surrounds a mysterious phenomenon that has fairly recently spread across the globe.

Since time immemorial, humanity has told tales of heroes blessed with inhuman power. But only recently, specifically since the end of the 19th century, and turn of the 20th century, have such fictions become reality. Not reality through the intervention of some powerful being, but through the rise of the metahumans.

They did not just suddenly appear however, it was slow. The first accounts of metahumans were few and far between. Well, relative to the occurrence of metahumans now, which is still very, very rare. Oh, I should also by now, I mean in the year 2051, and by very, very rare, I mean about 0.001 percent of the entire world population could be considered metahumans.

Even though metahumans have always been rare, it hasn’t stopped them from shaping history, or at least helping to. Metahumans have been present in all conflicts from the moment they were discovered, with neither side rarely having more than the other, as if some greater force wished it to remain balanced. In fact, it wasn’t until the second world war that metahumans were deeply involved in a conflict between nations, and from that point on, no military could not be without some metahumans ready for action.

Through the later half of the 20th century, metahuman rights were questionable, even among the “good” western nations. Metahumans were often taken from their families, taken to military research institutions and bases, trained to use their powers, and more importantly, trained to give their life for their country. Only until the 80s and 90s did metahumans start on the path to gain more rights. That said, even into the 21st century, many metahumans still live as second class citizens or worse in many countries.

One of the countries that treated their metahuman population the same as their regular population was the United States. I say was because quite simply put, nothing lasts forever. Over the years, tension built up, and certain events passed, leading to disaster. A disaster in the guise of a civil war, and fracturing of the nation into 13 independent nations.

But what does this all have to do with the city of Giwash? Much like the independent City of New York, Giwash is its own independent city-state, with a similar size and population, surrounded on all sides by the Autocratic state of of Cascadia. In fact, the exact geographic centre of Giwash is located in the centre of Crater Lake. But now you’re thinking, wait, I’ve never heard of such a city existing in that location. Well it doesn’t, after all Giwash is just a fictional city that exists for the purposes of the setting of our story.

Which now brings me to the history of the city of Giwash, and how its connected to the rise of metahumans. The city of Giwash was founded by a small group of people back in 1830 as an isolated community that wished to keep to themselves overlooking Crater Lake. Over the years, the small community didn’t grow much, and at a time looked like it was going to be abandoned. That was until in 1893, when an unnamed man discovered something under Crater Lake, while he was hunting near by. The story goes that the unnamed man heard something whispering to him, and lead him to the lake. He then dove into the lake, and disappeared for a few days before reappearing on the shore of the lake. He was completely unharmed, and could only remember one thing, that there was something under the lake.

Something that he insisted was responsible for the creation of the lake, despite evidence that the lake was formed by a massive eruption of Mount Mazama far in the past. A few days later, this unnamed man became the first recorded metahuman, and attract the attention of the American government, who quickly quarentied the lake, and established a new, top secret military base on Wizard Island, that would forever be known as Installation Alpha, and the unnamed man disappeared once again, this time never to return.

Over the years, not only did this base grow, but the small settlement that was near it grew as well. The settlement grew much faster however, and by the second world war came around, Giwash was now a rather sizable city for the time. After the war, the city and Installation Alpha began growing slightly faster. And it was after the war that a strange pattern began to become obvious. While metahumans were being born and discovered across the world, Giwash and its surrounding area had by far the greatest density of metahumans. Because of this, by time the 80s rolled up, there was plenty of civil unrest as protests for metahuman rights became more regularly.

In fact, if it wasn’t for the citizens of Giwash, many suspect that metahuman civil right movements would have never picked up or succeeded. It also helped that the American military was found to be guilty of kidnapping metahumans, and keeping them at Installation Alpha. Not much happened after the 90s in Giwash, except for the fact that the city was now one of the largest cities in the United States of America. By the 2010s, Giwash started getting to a size that was comparable to New York City, with many big businesses establishing offices there.

It was not long after reaching this milestone when tensions that had been building across the United States snapped. The snap occurred around the year 2020, give or take a year, and resulted in a civil war that lasted nearly 10 years. At the end of it, the United States was no more, and so the 13 nations mentioned previously came to be, with some being more influential and powerful than others. The greatest of these 13 nations quickly became obvious, as it was the now independent city of Giwash, due to its economic significance, and the fact it had the highest population of metahumans. But perhaps most importantly, unlike in some of the other 13 nations, metahumans never lost their rights during the war. As such, many metahumans fought for Giwash during the war, and after the war, many remained with the military.

The city of Giwash after the war continued to grow, but now with another nation around them, they needed to get creative. So as they grew, the citizens of Giwash found the city building taller, and even building underground. But the greatest construction project the city underwent was right in the centre of Crater Lake, a large tower structure that would become the new seat of the city’s government. This structure was finished around 2043, and was known as Anzakargetsu, and was taller than the Burj Khalifa. There were also three large bridges constructed coming from the north, east and west, connecting Anzakargetsu to the rest of the city. All branches of the government operate out of the Anzakargetsu, including the military. In fact, the military had a fourth bridge constructed from Anzakargetsu to Installation Alpha, and it is rumoured that the military is working on something underneath Anzakargetsu, as all levels below the surface require high level clearance to enter.

Well, I think that’s about it, I’ve explained the rise of metahumans, the history and importance of Giwash. However, it still feels like I am missing something. Oh, right, what I am going to tell you is normally a secret. A secret that only a small number of people are privy to. The supernatural, the mythical and the legendary are more real than you think, and magic, well that’s real to. Though, it should be noted that those who are human and use magic are even rarer than metahumans, at about 0.0001 percent of the entire world population.

There are multiple reasons for why magic and the supernatural have remained secret in this age. The first reason is the fact that since the renaissance, magic users and the supernatural beings have been slowly declining in numbers. The second reason is that magic users and supernatural beings have been hunted by certain groups, including the church, forcing many of them to take up secretive lifestyles. Third, and perhaps the most important reason since the rise of metahumans, the majority of people lack the knowledge to differentiate most magic users and supernatural beings from metahuman. Thus allowing magic users and supernatural beings to hide among the population of metahumans.

Why am I bringing up magic? Well, there are rumours among those who know of magic that something is attracting powerful supernatural beings and magic users to Giwash, and so organizations that hunt such beings have also been attracted to the city. If this is true or not, it matters not. All that matters is that something is happening in the city of Giwash, something that could change the world.

Luana Gérin-Lajoie, The Witch of Arcadia
Unknown Location, Somewhere in Giwash
Late Night, Friday, October 6th, 2051

In some corner of Giwash, hidden away from prying eyes, a dimly lit room could be found. The room was circular, lighten up by basketball sized purple orbs of light that floated in circles around the room. The walls were lined with thousands of books, bones, and strange objects. In the centre of the room, a raised circular platform could be found. There was no floor surrounding the raised platform, instead their was just a pit. The edges of the platform where bordered by strange purple runes that glowed softly.

In the centre of the platform, a single figure could be found, sitting with their legs crossed and floating a good foot of the ground. If one was to enter the room, they could have easily felt the amount of power that radiated just from this one person. After all, this person was one of the strongest Witches ever known, perhaps the strongest witch currently active in the world. This person was the Witch of Arcadia.

Born Luana Gérin-Lajoie, she had seen her fair share of blood shed, and unnecessary loss. It was what she had seen in her life, and a meeting with the legendary Witch of the Black Sun, that lead her to where she was now. Sitting in her private study, diving deeper into her own immense magic power, leading a secret organization, and waiting for all the pieces of her plan to fall into place. At this point, most all of the pieces of her plan had fallen into place, and she was entering her endgame, unknown to the rest of the world.

As she sat their, the wall opened up behind her, and bridge was formed from solidified magic. This bridge connected the platform to the now opened doorway. The light from beyond the doorway flooded Luana’s private study, but she did not turn around. Two more figures entered the study. They appeared to be much younger, perhaps only in their preteens, but this was not the case. These two figure were twin homunculi, so while they appeared to be only in their preteens, in actuality they were only 10 years of age.

“Mistress! Mistress!” The black haired homunculus shouted as she rushed over the bridge to Luana. The black haired homunculi froze at the edge of the platform, which happened to also be the exact moment that Luana looked over her shoulder. Despite the fact that she was wearing a mask, the black haired homunculus knew that the Witch of Arcadia was not only looking at her, but was expecting a show of respect from the homunculus. Without a word being exchanged, the black haired homunculus took a knee and lowered her head. Once the white haired homunculus joined her sibling, the black haired one spoke again, “I’m sorry mistress, but we have news…”

“At ease Melanctha.” Luana spoke as she descended and then stood up before turning to the two homunculi, “I know you are excitable, and that in your excitement you often forget to show respect to your creator. Anyways, what news do you two bring. I expect it is good.”

“Yes Mistress, it is good. Very good.” Melanctha said after she and her white haired sibling stood up. “Well, good and bad… But far more good then bad. The Ebony Blood Syndicate has what we requested them to obtain for us, they have found the Key and have successfully got the Key into Giwash.”

“That’s good.” Luana said, “And what about the bad news?”

“The Ebony Blood Syndicate has broken their word.” Melanctha responded, “They are now demanding double the agreed amount payment along with a ridiculous holding fee. Though, I do not expect this to be much of a problem for you Mistress, especially since I know where they are keeping it.”

“No, it isn’t. A hassle, yes, but problem, no.” The Witch sighed, “Contact the D.M.A in the morning, and tip them off to the location. They’ll take the Key from the Syndicate, and then it is only a matter of pulling a few strings to get the Key into our hands.”

“Understood Mistress.” Melanctha said with a smile.

“Now, Ymkje, what news do you have for me?” Luana turned her attention to the white haired homunculus, “Also, how is school?”

“My time at the Skell Head Academy is satisfactory so far.” Ymkje now spoke, “But more importantly, I have not only located what I believe is the Lost Volume, but I have recently confirmed it. The Lost Volume is in the hands of student at the Skell Head Academy. I have befriended the student in question, and I am ready to betray them in order to obtain the Lost Volume on your orders Mistress.”

“That is very good news.” Luana chuckled, “Looks like we no longer need to obtain a Volume from any of the Eight Families, after all, we now know that five of the 13 volumes are here in Giwash, and five is all we need. Ymkje, remain friendly with the student in question, keep an eye on them, and wait for my signal. I also want you to learn how a student at the Skell Head Academy got their hands on the 13th Volume.”

“It will be done Mistress.”

With that, the two homunculi left and the Witch of Arcadia was left alone once again. And so, the final pieces are falling into place… Arcadia will be restored, whether its without blood or with blood is yet to be seen… what will you all do?

Special Agent Kato Galen
The Anzakargetsu, D.M.A Headquarters, Giwash
Morning, Saturday, October 7th, 2051

Going to be one of those days… Special Agent Kato Galen thought to himself as he walked the halls of the D.M.A. He had just gotten in, and was already being called to see one of the assistant directors. When he entered the assistant director's office and sat down, he was handed a folder. Two minutes later, he was running out of the assistant director’s office, and heading for the office he shared with his partner Aurek Lowell. They were one of the multiple teams of agents assigned with finding and taking down the Ebony Blood Syndicate.

“Aurek! Aurek!” Kato shouted as he entered the room, “Put the chocolate away. We got a tip.”

Brother Godwyn
The CLNN Building, Giwash

The doors to the building opened, and threw them entered a certain holy man. A holy man who didn’t look like a holy man. This man was a knight of the Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch, and a fairly powerful magic user. This man was Brother Godwyn, and he was known among the Order for his unorthodox views and methods, but even he was surprised at the order he was given by those above him in the chain of command. They wanted him to reach out, and gather allies for the Order, as apparently something was coming. And so, they sent him to meet with a certain demoness that had been in the public eye for quite some time.

“Hello sir, how can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“Good morning.” Brother Godwyn spoke, “I am here to see Miss Ludovika Sarsenbaev. The church is planning a charity event, but we need a master of ceremony. Due to the nature of the event, we can’t just have some old man serving as the master of ceremony, so after some discussion we have come to the decision to ask if Miss Ludovika Sarsenbaev would be able to serve in the role.”

“Alright sir,” The receptionist spoke, “Can I just get your name?”

“Brother Godwyn.” He spoke, “And make sure she knows that I come from the Cathedral of Saint Cyprian of Antioch.”

“Very well sir.” The receptionist spoke and reached for his phone, “If you could just sit over there for a moment.”

With that, Brother Godwyn took a seat, and waited.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:07 pm

Chin Mae and Anastasiya “Ana” Koslov
The Bronze Dragon Tap, Hamacker, Giwash

Nestled among the abandoned buildings, run down houses and other buildings of the area of Giwash known as Hamacker, a certain alleyway could be found. A few metres down the alley, a single sign could be seen hanging from the wall over a staircase descending downward to a metal door. The sign had a certain shape to it, that shape being that of a European Dragon, bronze in colour, with a tankard in one of its foreclaws, and the other on the tap of a keg. There was no words on the sign, but everything that was needed to determine the name of the place. This was the Bronze Dragon Tap.

The Bronze Dragon Tap was the oldest bars in Giwash, as long as you didn’t consider the fact that a bar had to remain in the same place for it to be counted. In fact, the only original thing about the current Bronze Dragon Tap was that sign. Anytime the bar was relocated, that sign went with it, for more reasons than was known to the general public. That sign, while it appeared ordinary was far from it, and was in fact enchanted with a protective spell. However, there was another reason the sign was always brought when the Bronze Dragon Tap relocated, and that reason could be found on the backside of the sign. On the backside of the sign a certain symbol could be found engraved into it. This symbol was the symbol of the Witch Hunt.

Anyways, enough about the sign, the real show was beyond the door to the Bronze Dragon Tap. Upon entering the bar, one would find a surprisingly well maintained establishment as one entered the rather large main room. There was a rather sizable bar counter, with plenty of seating, and additional seating could be found, along with additional tables throughout the main room. At the opposite end of the main room from the bar counter, one would find a small stage area for live music, and a fair sized area in front of the stage for patrons to stand or dance in. The walls were fairly plain, with the only things being of note where the televisions attracted to the walls, until one looked to the bar counter. Behind the counter, one would find a wide array of alcoholic beverages for consumption. To the right side of the counter, one could find the wall to be decorated with plenty of dragon themed memorabilia.

There was more to the Bronze Dragon Tap beyond the main room, as could be seen by the doors and halls leading away from the main room. The hall that lead to the bathrooms could be found about halfway between the stage and bar counter. To the left of the bar counter, one could find the doors into the kitchen. There was a small backstage area, with the door to it being directly to the right of the stage. But most importantly, there was another door to the left of the stage with a sign above it, indicating that beyond this door was the private rooms of the Bronze Dragon Tap. There was always a man standing beside the door, stopping anyone who didn’t have permission to access the private rooms. Beside the sign above the door, one would find the Witch Hunt’s symbol once again.

Beyond this door, one would be faced with a long hall that lead to five more doors. Two doors on the left, two on the right, and one at the end of the hallway. Each of these doors lead into a private room, which would be rented out by certain individuals. Well, the first four would be rented out, as the fine door, at the end of the hall. The door at the end of the hallway once again had the Witch Hunt’s symbol on it. If one was to try and open the door at anytime, they’d find it locked, and often would hear a voice on the other side telling them to knock, state their name and business. Upon answering, they’d be either told to go away or they’d be told to enter. As soon as they were given permission, the door would unlock and one could enter. Upon entering the private room, they’d find a single large coffee table, with three couches on three of the four sides of the table. The rooms walls were decorated with pictures, paintings, and a display case of fancy glasses. There was also a single television attracted to the right wall. In this room in particular, one would find a certain individual sitting on the central couch, facing the door.

“Welcome Ana.” Chin Mae spoke as he looked at the woman who just entered the room, How long has it been? How is the teaching job at Skell Head? But more importantly, what brings you here today?”

Opposite Chin Mae stood a short young woman, bright pink hair that slowly faded to blue at the tips standing out in stark contrast to their more formal surroundings, but certainly matching her likewise pink and blue attire. Again the Witch Hunt’s symbol could be seen - this time in the form of a pendant, hanging center above the neckline of her jacket. She took a seat, smiling at her host warmly.

“Too long, Chin Mae, too long. Two years? Three? I only returned to Giwash back in early August, to attend to business at Skell Head prior to the start of the fall term. That and the school proper has kept me more than occupied until now, but I decided it was time to get back into the loop on the Hunt’s goings-on. Any changes to ongoing Hunts, or new targets I should be aware of?”

“Hunts that were being performed when you last checked have already finished up, with minimal casualties.” Chin Mae began, “As for new targets, well that’s what has been worrying me for the past couple months. There has been a significant drop in supernatural activity, not because we have been able to clear out all the trouble makers, as I doubt that’s the case. It's almost as if they are waiting for something. We know that there happens to be a demonic presence surrounding Ludovika Sarsenbaev, but due to her being fairly high profile, we haven’t been able to have anyone investigate her. Though, if I was to have someone investigate her, I would prefer giving that job to Aurek, as he is a member of the D.M.A and it would just make it easier. There are also rumours that there is a Witch in Giwash, specifically the Witch of Arcadia, but we have no evidence to act on. I do have some people investigating those rumours as we speak, and I hope that they turn out not to be true. If they are, then God help us all.”

He paused for a moment, “Now that I think about it, there has been strange activity at Lloa Rock Park. Strange activity that is familiar. About four years ago, there was strange activity in Lloa Park that resembles the current activity. It started with strange sounds, and strange feelings that people reported. Then whatever was the source of the activity became violent, people started to go missing, and bodies started turning up. A Hunt was organized, but never succeeded in bringing anything down. In fact, the activity ceased after an attack on three individuals… two of which are still alive today. If the current activity in Lloa Rock Park is the same, perhaps those two would have knowledge of it.”

Ana contemplated his words for a moment, running through the various pieces of information.
“Alright, I’ll keep an eye on the Sarsenbaev situation, but unless an opportunity comes up to investigate I’ll stay back on that. Do you think that I’m suited to investigate the Lloa activity, or do you just bring it up since I asked for an overview?”

“Both in truth.” He said, “If this activity is anything like four years ago, it will mean plenty of innocent death, and last time we were slow on acting. I don’t want to make that mistake again. Well, I don’t want to make the same mistake as the guy who held this position before me. As for why I think you are suited to investigate… I believe you actually know one of the survivors. He is after all a student at Skell Head, and is quite famous here in Giwash. Danny Drystan. Am I right in assuming you know him?”

Ana shook her head. “Not on a personal level, though I certainly know of him. Powers Theory is a mandatory class, after all, but that also means I do very little independent work with students. His musical talents are also well known, of course, though that is irrelevant. Does he know of the Hunt, or should I approach with caution and probe carefully?”

“That I do not know.” Chin Mae admitted, “I do know that his powers are not metahuman in origin, and are in fact a result of magic. Which is strange, as when the activity at Lloa Rock Park began again, I did a preliminary investigation, hence why I know there are two survivors of the last attack from about four years ago. Anyways, I found that neither of his parents, or anyone in his family, have displayed either metahuman abilities or an affinity for magic. I do know that he disappeared for a year after the attack, and then turned up again with powers. There are many mysteries with that child, but I believe they all have to do with the attack.”

“And the authorities just assumed that the attack sparked his manifestation of powers, and that was that…” Ana mused. “Unless he’s somehow a witch, which I doubt, the attack somehow managed to mutate his DNA artificially to create magical talent. Interesting. I’ll approach the boy with caution, for the moment, though I’ll also do some on-site investigation. Let me know if anyone else comes up with anything.”

“That goes without saying.” Chin Mae smirked behind his mask, “Good luck. And if that boy does end up being a witch, which I also doubt, but can not overlook, inform me. If he is a witch, we will have to take him down. Let us hope that is not the case though.”

“Of course.” Ana rose from her seat, nodding to the masked figure. “A Hunt is never enjoyable, no matter the righteous cause.” She tapped the silver knives hanging from her belt idly, turning away to the door.
“Stay safe, Chin Mae.”
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Danny Drystan
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

No school, no extracurricular activities, and no scheduled practices. That meant this morning could be used for two things, visiting Giwash General and investigating Lloa Rock Park. At least that's what it meant to Danny Drystan. He had dropped by the hospital earlier in the morning, in hopes that the one he loved was awake today, only to find that she was not. So, after spending sometime by her bedside, singing to her as she slept, he left the hospital for Lloa Rock Park.

He was not in the Park for recreation, but to investigate strange activity that had been reported recently in the Park. He was only interested because of the fact that it was Lloa Rock Park, and that meant that it could have been the same beings that he witnessed about four years ago. The same beings responsible for putting Euterpe in hospital for all these years. If it was, he would be ready to face them, not only to get vengeance on them, but in order to save Euterpe.

As such, he came to the Park in secret, and in order to remain hidden, he employed the use of a simple disguise. A black scarf, his sunglasses and a black toque. Very simple, and very effective. After all, unless people were looking for him, they wouldn't be able to tell who he was. With his disguise, he made it to the exact location where the attack he survived about four years ago had happened, and began to look around.

"They've been here." Danny said to himself as he noted what looked like claw marks on a near by tree. He also noted the residual extra-dimensional energy that radiated from the marks. It was then that he crouched down to the ground, and noticed even more marks in the ground, "Recently... and there is more than one. That's not good..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:10 pm

Anastasiya "Ana" Koslov
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash
Late Morning, Saturday, October 7th, 2051

As the park came into view across the street, Ana exhaled slowly, looking around the area. She ducked into a nearby alleyway, conveniently empty - though that wasn't particularly surprising, considering it was late morning.
"Let no reflection cross one's eyes, Invisible to passersby." Ana whispered, and a faint glow appeared around her, and she suddenly disappeared from view, the glow doing the same shortly after. She looked down at herself, still able to see the glow that surrounded her, now only visible to herself - and, potentially, particularly sensitive magical entities.
"Well, it's hardly my finest work, but it'll do to hide from the Norms."
Strolling out of the alleyway, Ana crossed the street, coming upon the corner of Lloa Rock Park. She walked up to a nearby tree, her eyes flashing a bright blue - though that too was hidden by her magic - as she scanned the tree visually.
"Nothing." She sighed. "Well, I can hardly scan each and every tree one by one, I'd best lay an enchantment and just scan everything at once. If the enchantment is disturbed by something that'll work just as well.
"Come," She uttered, and one of her silver knives leapt from her belt and laid flat in her hand. With practiced slashes, Ana began cutting into the tree's bark, a complex rune quickly taking form on the tree. A moment later, she paused to inspect the rune, and nodded to herself.
"One down, 63 to go..."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Ma’antaouakh, The Weather Demon

“I’m Ludovika Sarsenbaev, and for you early viewers, it’s shaping up to be a beautiful—and warm weekend, perfect for the last picnics of the year. The sun should keep the morning in sweater weather, with morning lows in the 50s and a negligible wind chill factor as we move into afternoon highs in the low 70s with beautiful sunny skies, which will carry on into an evening with similarly clear skies. Moving on, our week’s forecast...”

With my rush-hour forecast done, and my slot on Talking Today not up for rotation until Monday, I had an extra free time slot. I’d settled in my office chair with a pleasant mug of tea, extra sugar and cream, as I’d taken since I got the mug in the last 50’s, and had my laptop open, looking over this week’s topic for The Week in Review. Tonight, in a particularly fun topic my writers had been working on for a while, was the second part of a multiple part series on Meta Rights, this time covering Meta Rights in the Republic of Cascadia.

I’d gotten halfway through the script there about when the receptionist at the front desk paged me. A Brother Godwyn from the Saint Cyprian of Antioch Cathedral was there, apparently. I paged the receptionist after pondering a moment. Maybe he was the first to figure it out, or maybe the zealots already knew, and he was the first not to understand the need for a reliable forecaster. Although, the possibility that he simply legitimately needed someone to preform a ceremony and desired the weather woman to do exactly that wasn’t out of the question. I pressed gently on the pager, which I’d kept around since the 80’s out of habit.

“Send him up to my office,” I said.

“Yes ma’am,” he replied, keeping me on to ensure I heard him tell Godwyn where to go, “Brother Godwyn, Miss Sarsenbaev will see you now. Her office is on the 12th floor, down the hallway. Her name is on it, if that helps. Is there any other way in which I might assist you?”

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:44 pm

Eliana Zadok
Pumice Castle Botanical Gardens

I make a face as I sip at my coffee in my hand, I really don't like the taste of it but I need something to keep me awake and I don't want to use my stimulants on that besides I have only been up for... Actually how long has it been since I last slept? Three days? Four? Yeah I think four. There is no reason for me to be staying up this much but I just don't want to sleep, there is so much to learn, so much to do, so much work to be done before it can end, that I don't want to waste time by sleeping. Granted one might wonder what I am learning or doing by being here and looking at plants but it is educative when it comes to my field and allows me some beauty in my life, and beauty in God's Creation is an important reminder.

I chuckle slightly at the stares of passerbys, I'm certain a nun drinking coffee in a garden is a ridiculous sight to most but that only means the faith has faded too much, as for me I love my faith and thus will openly carry it into the public space. Besides not much else to do today since the last lead came to a dead end, another set back for my efforts but one I have gotten used to as I am sure those before me has as well.

"Ah well, the Lord is my Shepard and He will guide me to where He desires me to be." And with those words I gulp down what is left of my coffee, toss the cup in a bin, move my head in a way to pop my neck, and start walking along the pathway, observing the plants. The coffee should be enough to keep me up for several more hours and should bring some color back to my face. Perhaps things will be different today and I will be able to step closer to my goal. "The hunt will not end until the followers of God on Earth have triumphed over evil." I mutter to myself but reassume my normal posture, no point in seeming more suspicious than a nun in broad daylight already is, plus it is a nice day out anyway so I should enjoy it.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Nova Urbinum
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Urbinum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:34 am

Jörg Brößler,
2nd Platoon, Baker squad
Outskirts of Giwash
Otober 8th, 2051. 03:00 local time

There they were, in an abandoned railroad next to those damp and cold Giwashi meadows. Jörg quietly sat in tall grass, waiting for his comrades to finish up so that they could leave. He slowly rose his head above the grass, trying to check if there were any others. Approx. 15 feet opposite of him sat George Nash. Jörg and George has gone to school together, through the same kind of propagandical indoctrination that the Republic of Cascadia forced their children to go through, so they were sure of their occupation and of their final victory against Giwash. George was 20, and his grandfather had been killed by unnatural beings during the Giwashi-Cascadian wars. Jörg looked around for more people, but he couldn't see any people on the tracks.

He quietly leaned towards George, and asked him, in a really quiet and hushed manner:

"Where's the rest? The train tracks are completely empty, and I can't see anybody?"

George looked to his side, and hastily yet quietly replied:

"Jurgg, for God's sake, you're endangering the operation. The others have gone down the train tracks behind those set of trees.", he unwillingly extended his hand in the general direction of some trees close to one another.

"Alright, gotcha. No pressure, George. I just want to know that we'll make it out of here quick and easy. Didn't know that we were planting a chain of explosives."

George nodded, and Jörg let his head sink down the tall grass again. He'd been squatting there for what appeared to be an eternity, and his legs could barely manage it anymore. When he thought he couldn't bare sitting there anymore, he heard voices, familiar voices. He grabbed his ArmaLite dear, and quickly rose up from the tall grass to investigate. He aimed his rifle, and his finger was nearly hovering over the trigger. He slung the barrel of the AR-180B at the first silhouette he saw, and after around 1-2 seconds, he noticed that the person that he had aimed a rifle at was his platoon leader and overall leader of the chapter of seperatists, commandant James O'Malley

"Why don't you lower that fucking weapon soldier?" the Captain barked at Jörg, in a hushed yet angry tone.

Jörg quickly put his rifle on safety and slung it over his shoulder. "Sorry commandant, it won't happen again."

Jörg looked around and saw the other troops, who had been well-camouflaged with their woodland uniforms. His, while it didn't look silly or lacked tactical advantages, did look off and a bit old. The Commandant rapidly hit Jörg for the head, and Jörg managed to not fall, although he had troubles staying awake. The others, whose firearms were just as outdated and diverse as his, laid them in the back of the truck, before acting sergeant and second-in-command Thomas Clifford got in the back and started helping the grunts getting in.

Clifford was a young man, in his early twenties, and was promoted to second-in-command and de-facto squad leader at the age of 19 due to conspicuous acts of bravery before the opressor and ideological attachement to the regime. You wouldn't expect Clifford to do this in his free time. He was a blonde, laid-back guy who you could only tell was a guerilla if he had his equipment and all that. Other people in the platoon looked more suspicious, having criminal traits such as scars and all that. This platoon in this chapter was a bit of a laughing stock. Other said that these ranks were filled by boys and old men (around 40-50 years old), specifically old men that had rotten away in prison. The troops had very outdated equipment, and the cargo truck that they had was given to them by the Cascadian government.

Jörg was among the last to enter the cargo vehicle, and he grabbed my AR-180B so that it comfortable laid in my hands. On his left sat George, who looked straight and wasn't in the mood for conversations, and to his right sat an older man, presumably from prison, that he did not want to get familiar with. It had always been a good idea to not befriend those criminals, Jörg thought, although these old men were the ones helping the commandant planting the bombs, they might not be that much of a good influence.

And so the truck drove through the village, until the commandant halted for a solid two minutes. "BANG", Jörg heard. A massive explosion could be heard from the other side of the village, and the men in the truck cheered, as they now had confirmation that the railway had been blown up. The commandant started the engine again, and the lot drove back to their homes at the border.

Last edited by Nova Urbinum on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:56 am

Lee Inaba
University of Giwash Student Union

The University Student Union seemed almost desolate. Today is unlike the normal days of organized chaos as University students from all over rushed through the building on their way to their next class, to grab a bite to eat, to study, or just to hang out with friends. It was a Saturday of course, not many people would frequent the University in general on the weekend.

So why was Lee visiting? He was buying himself brunch from the Starbucks in the Union before he left to the west side of Crater Lake, he was not about to eat anything in Hamacker. To the masses, Lee was a foreign exchange student from a wealthy and healthy family, "probably doctors of something", an unknowing person would think. To look at Lee was to see someone of Asian origin of course, who had a fashionable and hipster fashion sense, and also was well built but of average height. There was nothing that really made him stick out, outside of the scar that crossed perpendicular on the bridge of his nose. But when he'd been asked about it Lee simply responded in perfect English that "It was a knife accident when I was a toddler". There was Nothing to Lee that made him stick out as something out of the ordinary. Just a typical University student.

This was exactly as Lee wanted. His truth or even hints at his true origin could not be revealed. Even his own rented house near campus, while possessing some Asian cultural decorations of various origin on his walls or on the shelf, did not reveal his true origins. He was an assassin of the highest caliber for his age. Raised into wealthy crime families with power, he was essentially born to serve the family and do their bloody work. Lee always found that ironic with what his meta power happened to be.

Anyways back to the present. Lee ordered an iced coffee and an egg, bacon, and cheese biscuit. After paying the barista he left to sit down in a corner of the room and pulled out his smartphone. This phone did not have any identifying logo on it but it appeared to be high-tech and modern. To anyone casually passing by, Lee was just staring absentmindedly at his phone. But was the hitman was truly looking at was different.

A series of pictures taken apparently by a drone from the night before, all of which around this rundown alleyway and building, photographing seedy characters walk into a door with a bronze, European dragon hanging above the door.

Dr. Frederick H. Grimm
The Grand Giwash Museum of History

Like most students, University professors took their weekends and days off very seriously. It was a time to relax and unwind when possible and not think about the absolutely dreadful essays and tests that they must go back and grade before Monday. For Dr. Grimm, this meant spending time at the new museum that captured his heart and interest. While not the largest museum, this one did have a unique and impressive collection.

One which he perused immediately when it opened and now finds himself resting, staring out a large, sun-lit window towards Lloa Rock Park. He took a sip of a hot beverage that could only be assumed to be coffee. And glanced around the room, he was at a bench just before entering the Ancients exhibit. Possessing artifacts from Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, China and more. It was an intriguing exhibit on the earliest civilization to be sure. But more importantly, it was the next section of the museum that Dr. Grimm would take an in-depth search through.

The rumor about important artifacts beneath the museum could not be ignored. While the Doctor truly appreciated the artifacts of the museum, he spent more attention into diving into his Retrocognition in the hopes of finding secret entrances, clues to what might be the artifacts, and who put them there.

Ensuring the Order of Saint Cyprian that the artifacts would be known and protected from enemies of the church was a very important mission that Grimm was made for. He could do it incognito as well thanks to his subtle meta-human ability and position as Profesor of History.

But for now, that could wait, he absentmindedly stared out the window to the Lloa Rock Park in rest, and reached for his hot cup once again.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Brother Godwyn
The CLNN Building, Giwash

"Thank you, but I should be able to manage myself." Brother Godwyn said as stood up. After a short ride in an elevator, and soon arrived in front of the door to the office of one Ludovika Sarsenbaev. He took a moment, and smirked as he looked at the sign. The smirk disappeared the moment he knocked on the door. Without waiting for a response, he opened the door and entered.

"Excuse my interuption." Brother Godwyn said as he closed the door behind him, "But I have something very important to discuss with you, Ludovika Sarsenbaev."

An Encounter
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

As Ana worked, little did she know that there was something watching her. Something not of the normal world, or even of the supernatural world. Something that should not have existed in this reality. The first thing that would tip Ana off to the something's presence would have been an uneasy feeling that grew stronger as time went on. Though, if she looked around, she would not be able to see the creature or hear it. The second thing that would tip Ana off to something following her, and that she was in danger would have been the silence that fell suddenly. Not even the sound of a slight breeze could be heard. If Ana looked around, she wouldn't even see any normal humans walking around the park.

It was then that the low growl could be heard. It was a guteral sound, and sounded like it was coming from all around her. You see, the something that had been following her was no simple beast. The something that was following her had powers, similar to magic but not quite the same. What it just did was separate itself and Ana from perception in normal reality. But most importantly, the something was hungry, and it had a taste for human flesh.

As the growl started to get louder, the something became visible. The creature locked eyes with Ana, and the growling stopped. It was then that it roared and lunged at her.

Slecg Beaumont

"Well, coffee in a museum, I sure hope you are being careful." A certain someone said. The voice would be easily recognizable to the sometimes guest lecturer for Skell Head. For this was the voice of Slecg Beaumont, the headmaster of Skell Head, and Giwash war hero. The old man sat down beside the good doctor and smirked, "Tell me, see anything interesting? I assume you are making use of your power to uncover the history of artifacts here."

Unknown Individual

"Oh, that's interesting..." A feminine voice spoke, with an obviously Scottish accent, from behind Lee. If he turned around he would see a pale skinned, red haired individual with red eyes. What she wore was definitely suspicious, yet she didn't seem to attract attention from anyone else. "That's the Bronze Dragon Tap. They have some really good whiskey... though other alcoholic beverages are available. It is also the place to go if you want to learn something."

When she was done speaking, she walked around Lee, and took a seat directly in front of him. "Though, I'd expect you'd know that, Lee Inaba, hitman for the Yakuza and Triad... Oh, don't worry about me blowing your cover, no one else can see me or hear me. So, I'd advise you not to try and attack me, as you'll just look to be attacking thin air, and attract attention. Also, if I don't meet up with a certain someone, they'll report you to the police, and poof, there goes your cover."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:33 pm

As the creature lunged at Ana, she instinctively summoned a barrier between them with a thought. The creature slammed into it, but it appeared to hold - for the moment at least.
This should explain the "attacks" part of the equation... Whatever "this" is.
"Encase."
A layer of spherical barriers appeared around the creature, not unlike the flat one she had summoned with a thought. She did not know how long it would hold the creature, but it would do for the time being.
"Bind."
Purple chains that shimmered with magical energy came into being on the creature, attempting to bind its limbs together and keep it from moving. It was at this point that Ana held her chalk in one hand, and her handgun in the other, waiting to see if the creature would break out of its swift imprisonment.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:50 pm

Dr. Frederick Grimm
Grand Giwash Museum of History

Frederick turned to the identifiable voice as he sat down and gave the headmaster the hint of a smile from the corner of his lips and responded, "Slecg, you know I wouldn't dare tarnish a fragment of history, even if my life was at stake." He took a sip from his cup and continued, "What can I say, there's always more to learn. Before now I was in the prehistoric section, might I say the bones of the Neanderthal woman there has quite the story. She lived in the Anatolian region of modern day Turkey and was an example of the Homo Sapiens-Homo Neanderthalis interbreeding leading way to the modern Asian and European populations."

Shifting the discussion towards the Headmaster, he asked, "Now I know the Headmaster of the prestigious Skell Head is a very busy man, which makes me all the more curious to what brings him to one of my favorite haunts on a Saturday like today?"

Lee Inaba
University of Giwash

Lee's first thought was "Oh shit" and went quickly to "Oh SHIT", but the only thing his face betrayed to the strange Scotswoman was a disapproving squint before a relaxed smirk as he sat down his phone face down and answered jokingly,
"Oh so you are going to make people around me think I'm talking to myself, how kind."
He rested his head in his hand and continued, "You've certainly done your research, I'll give you that," His slight smile remained but his eyes felt a little more focused and intense as he said, "Well, you've got my attention, Miss, and you know plenty about me but I would like to know more about who you are and how can I be of assistance?"

Lee's mind raced about who this woman was to his Tanto (a long knife) in his bookbag, it would take too long with this woman right in front of him to pull it out and it would leave him exposed. No, it was best to just hear out this woman and hopefully figure out what she wanted. In order to not seem too out of the ordinary, Lee brought his cellphone to his ear to pretend he was talking on the phone while he conversed with this mysterious character.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Alexander Denton
The Bronze Dragon Tap

"You hear they're asking for 50% off? They'd be outta their fucking minds." chortled a large, broad man. he was Giovanni Antonacci, head of the "Coiled serpent" a fairly irrelevant drug carted tasked with moving drugs into the United States and now they wanted in on Giwash. The city had swelled in population since the war but was a tough nut for any crime organisation to crack, the city was swimming with metahumans: demigods who mostly considered themselves superheroes, each scratching to break up any criminal activities. Giovanni knew he'd need help getting his stuff onto the streets and that's why he'd come to bargain with the Ebony Blood Syndicate. he'd transport whatever he could to the border and from there it'd be up to the Syndicate to sell the stuff. he was willing to accept a lower price than usual for their services but 50%? The rumour had been on the lips of his men all morning and he was starting to consider other options.

They'd set him up in the conference room of some dumpy little bar, he didn't really mind it. Giovanni had grown up in dumps like these but he'd heard these guys were big shots not some local thugs who hung around the outskirts of town. And worse than that they were late. Giovanni's blood began simmering as his mind raced through all of the Syndicates insults, perceived or otherwise, he wasn't someone they were just going to be able to jerk around and fuck with he pledged.

"Our apologies for the delay." came a female voice from the doorway, a mdidle aged woman; plain and ordinary with wavy black hair and a clipboard in hand. She didn't look like a crime lord to Giovanni. "The Primus Eidolon!"

A figure entered the room and Giovanni's anger melted away like the morning mist. It was like a warm cuddly blanket had enveloped him, all his fears, anger, nervousness melted away. He felt at peace now, happier than ever. His legs begin to feel weak and he was dimly aware of some of his associates kneeling or bowing but he couldn't look away. The figure was younger than he'd expected, barely a man with flowing silvery-white hair and piercing eyes. He felt like the single most beautiful thing Giovanni had laid eyes upon and his thoughts began centering on how he could serve him rather than any notion of negotiating with him. Eidolon strode towards him with an unparalleled confidence and disarming smile, he extended a hand and Giovanni immediately grasped it, it felt like velvet and sent waves of electricity through his whole body.

"Giovanni Antonacci. Am I correct? I've heard a great deal about your accomplishments." he said, his voice sounding like honey and Giovanni could only nod. Eidolon went around the room from person to person, shaking hands and flattering them. He knew the name of every single person in their room and captivated them all equally. By the end of the meeting a deal had been struck. 60% off.

"I had to touch them!" Whimpered Alexander in the bathroom later. The woman with dark hair frowned as he scrubbed vigorously with soap and scorching hot water, it looked as if he was trying to rip the skin off. "The boss-"

"Giovanni." said the woman

"He was all greasy and eww!" he scrubbed harder, his words pushing him on.

"You know sometimes I wish you had a sibling. Someone exactly like you just a lot less whiny."

"I'm an only son. Could you imagine giving birth after you'd had me?" he gave a sharp laugh. "It'd be like lighting a candle after you'd just ignited the sun." He got to a point where he was content he'd wiped the germs of lesser men off his hands and began fussing over his hair in the mirror, never content with how it looked. The woman was a regular on Alexander's missions. A metahuman though she had such a boring power he'd never been able to remember it or her name. She was average in his eyes in every sense of the word. Her job was to feed him information through a carefully hidden earpiece. The goals of their mission, the names of everyone he'd have to greet... She could hear everything through a small microphone under his shirt. Though Alexander always suspected she was there for other reasons. his powers had less of an effect on metahumans and every mission he went on just so happened to have a metahuman working with him in one way or another, he suspected it was a method of control, a way of making sure he was kept in check in case he went off message or started trying to build his own power-base. He breathed a sigh of relief as they left the dumpy little bar he was always stuck in and strode out into the fresh morning air.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:14 pm

“I’m Ludovika Sarsenbaev, and for you early viewers, it’s shaping up to be a beautiful—and warm weekend, perfect for the last picnics of the year. The sun should keep the morning in sweater weather, with morning lows in the 50s and a negligible wind chill factor as we move into afternoon highs in the low 70s with beautiful sunny skies, which will carry on into an evening with similarly clear skies. Moving on, our week’s forecast...”

I had a few more moments to look over the script, closing the laptop as the knob turned. It wasn’t an ideal time, but there never seem to be any ideal times to see people when it comes to my line of work. Whatever the case was, he was here now.

“Brother Godwyn, I presume?” I smiled warmly, leaning back from my desk into my comfortable office chair, and steepling my fingers, “Please, have a seat. What brings you to my office on a beautiful morning like this one?”

Of course, the sweetness simply a necessity of the given facade, not that it was one I objected strongly to. Talking sweetly came naturally to me over the years, as succubi simply have a knack for sexy talk, and sexy talk isn’t really so much different than sweet talk once the lust is filtered out...

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Otto Fultz
Skell Head Academy

Many individuals would find the barren halls, regularly filled with the vibrant chatter and shuffling footsteps of students, unsettling, perhaps even disturbing. During the school day, especially during passing time when the passageways at the academy reached peak volume, Otto would hide himself away in an unused classroom, scrubbing away at the floor or washing off the whiteboards. Here he would chat with the teachers, most of whom taught him when he was a student at Skell Head, or sometimes a wayward student would wander into the classroom, thinking it completely abandoned, only to find the young janitor cleaning away. Otto was courteous to everyone at the school, but especially these students, understanding the plight of those who want to escape from their peers.

On the weekends, when silence prevailed, when he did not need to use his headphones, he would move into the hallway. Today, Otto found himself working away at the skid marks left by student's sneakers on the floor, his mind preoccupied with other things, mainly things that did not involve his tedious and oftentimes boring job. He understood his place at the academy, in a way he was a precautionary tale for students. Compared to most of the students he did not have a flashy power, he did not seem like a success story that the teachers or administrators at the school would tell donors about or brag about at conferences when educators from other metahuman schools are present. He was, for all intents and purposes, a failure doomed to wander the halls where his perpetual failure manifested most severely. Yet none of these things troubled the janitor as he scrubbed away at a lewd drawing made with Sharpie on locker 312. Instead, he occupied his thoughts with the task at hand and nothing more. He had to keep his focus singular or else he would not accomplish one thing. However, not being an idiot, Otto recognized his status at the school, but remained ever the more grateful to the staff for allowing him to work there.

As he worked, Otto whistled along to the music faintly murmuring out of his phone. To most people the song would have been almost undetectable, the phone's speaker at the lowest possible volume, but to Otto it sounded like a car's sound system on full blast. He had worked quickly that morning, almost done with his assigned work for the whole weekend, there was never much, and he would soon have to decide what to do with his day.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:59 pm

Lloa Rock Park
Morning, Oct. 7th 2051

Click, clack, click, clack. Marcel's shoes struck the pavement as he briskly jogged through the park. Dressed in a simple and comfortable black tracksuit, and listening to music on some wired earbuds connected to his mobile phone, the music instructor appeared in his element. Right now, probably because of how early it was, there wasn't many people there - a few joggers and some people walking around - but he expected that there'd be more coming soon. After all, it was a nice weekend for this time of year, one perfect for getting out of the house and disconnecting from the stresses of work and life.

If only he had that luxury.

Marcel enjoyed going on these runs throughout the city, though he could never keep a routine, as it was forbidden. It helped keep him fit, cleared his mind, and on top of all that reminded him of his Army days. But like pretty much everything else in his life, these had a purpose behind them. Living a double life wasn't easy, especially when his (real?) job as Edward Falk took priority over all else, and that demanded a lot of time from him. With all the demands of clandestine collection, on top of having to work a regular job, there was no time for creature comforts. Though, like now, nobody ever said agent work had to be stressful all the time.

Close to the southern entrance to the park, he saw someone enter. He probably would've ignored the person, but it was his clothes that caught Marcel's attention. A warm winter hat, thick scarf, and sunglasses, all the same black color; in this temperature? And conspiring to obscure their face, no less.To this trained spy's eye, that was suspicious, like an amateur attempt to obscure their identity. Was it someone tailing him?

Probably not - the person had the stature of a boy, a teenager by the looks of it, not a grown man like another agent. That begged the question, if he was trying to be anonymous, then who was he? Someone in witness protection? He was curious, but it was likely a personal matter. Perhaps he shouldn't pry into this person's private life...

HA! That was a good joke. It was entirely his job to poke his nose into people's personal lives. The privacy activists of his parent's time would've had a heart attack if they knew the powers bestowed on agents and analysts, undercover and official, throughout the world, not just those of the NSB. Plus, there was always the chance that the teen was in fact someone older who just had a smaller frame.

Marcel focused forward, loosening his facial muscles to make sure he didn't give off any atmosphere of suspicion, running past the unusual person. His music now off, he heard the person's footsteps continue into the distance behind him. Well, the person wasn't directly following him, but there was entirely the possibility that there was more than one person, if it was a tailing operation. Marcel continued jogging until he got to a bench, which he plopped onto, taking a quick rest. He didn't really need it, but it gave him a good cover. He leaned forward, taking out his phone, holding it close and swiping on it as if he was changing music. He tapped and swiped for a minute, staring at his phone like he was looking for the right tune he wanted, then slid it back into his pocket and continued jogging.
Last edited by Riysa on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 pm

A Most Dangerous Beast
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

The creature struggled, smashing into the barrier until it was bound. Once it was bound, it struggled for a few more moments before ceasing. Once it stopped struggling, it looked directly at Ana, and simply snarled. As it snarled, it became clear that there was a level of higher intelligence behind the bear sized creature. Suddenly it's eyes began to glow, and Ana would feel an immense pressure acting upon her, making it difficult to stand. The same pressure began to act upon the spherical barrier, and cracks started to form.

The preasure was not permanent, as it did eventually fade. However, once the pressure faded, the spherical barrier around the creature shattered and the chains that held it broke. Free again, the creature started to slowly approach Ana once again. It was about to lunge once again, only for the sound of whistling to attract its attention. Standing beside a tree a fair distance behind the creature, Danny Drystan stood, with his scarf and toque on the ground, whistling away.

It was then that the creature snarled and turned to charge at the whistling teenager.

Slecg Beaumont

"I know why you are really here." Slecg spoke, "I have my own connections you know. I know you work with the Order. Now, I don't have anything against the Order. Anyways, I suspect you are here in order to determine what powerful artifacts are present here. Yes, that's right, this old man knows about magic. Though, I doubt that surprises you."

With that he smirked, "Would it make your job easier if you had access to the museum archive? Because, I happen to have access, as the current museum currator is an old war buddy of mine. I also know that there is something extremely powerful here... something that can change the course of history."

A Red Headed Secret Scottswoman

"Well, that's a long story..." She said and chuckled, "Oh please forgive my rudeness, you may call me Mirage. Can't just tell you my real name now can I? I am here on the behalf of a certain someone, who I believe you've been trying to find. Sephtis, the head honcho of the Ebony Blood Syndicate. Fortunately for you, he has some business he must attend to today, and wouldn't dare show his face in this place."

With that she pulled Lee's Tanto out from behind her, and used it to point at the security cameras, "Doesn't want to risk being found by the D.M.A. Also, nice Tanto. Great craftsmanship. Anyways, Sephtis had a feeling that the Yakuza and Triad would try and target him. After all, he's got agreements with most all other criminal enterprises, gangs and syndicates that have had their eyes on Giwash... And Alex should be working on dealing with the Coiled Serpent as we speak. But the Yakuza and Triads, why did they have to be so stubborn?"

"Anyways, where was I?" She put a finger on her covered chin, "Oh yes, knowing that the Yakuza and Triad would try something, Sephtis had a few of his lackies, me included, keep an eye out, and report back to him if they found anyone connected to the Yakuza and Triad. It just so happens that I found you, not long after you arrived here in Giwash. So, I reported your ass you to Sephtis, once I was absolutely sure. So, he sent me to give you this message."

With that she faked a cough and pulled out a piece of paper, "Damn, Sephtis' handwritting is crap... Don't tell him I said that. Oh, yes, so here's the message. Blah, blah, blah, blah, narcissistic ramblings, oh, here we are a warning. 'Lee Inaba, if you value your pathetic excuse for a life, then you'll cease your hunt, return to your masters and tell them that since they rejected my kind offer, any attempt to get involved in Giwash will result in the absolute slaughter of all their worthless asses.'Damn, Sephtis is serious, oh wait one more thing. 'And once we have finished slaughtering them all, we will take the woman and children as compensation for their innsolence.'"

With that she whistled and folded the paper back up, "So, that's that. Oh, I also have one more thing to speak with you about... Are you going to stand down?"

A Phone Call
The Bronze Dragon Tap

Once Alexander finished fixing his hair, a phone began to ring. The phone belonged to the woman who was with Alexander. Without letting it ring more than once, the woman answered the phone. The phone that she answered was a burner, that was given to the woman before she went with Alexander to any meeting. The burner's number was only known by one person, a person who no member of the Syndicate in their right mind would leave waiting, unless they had a very, very good reason. The person who knew the number was none other than Sephtis.

"Sir." The woman spoke into the phone, "Yes, we are finished."

It was then that she handed the phone to Alex, "Sephtis wants to speak with you."

Brother Godwyn
Ludovika Sarsenbaev's Office, The CLNN Building, Giwash

"Thank you." Brother Godwyn said as he took a seat, "Now, I must say that I am a fan of your show, The Week in Review and when you are present on Talking Today. Unfortunately I am here on business, for the Church. As you are aware, I am here to ask if Miss Ludovika Sarsenbaev would be willing and able to serve as a master of ceremony for an upcoming charity event..."

With that he paused and raised an eyebrow as he looked directly at Ludovika, "So, would I be able to speak with Ludovika Sarsenbaev? Or is that just an alias?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Alexander Denton
The Bronze Dragon Tap

the ringing sent a chill through Alexander's body. Please just be a friend, Please just be a friend, Please just be a friend his mind begged desperately.

"Sephtis wants to speak with you.". The words were like bullet shots ramming straight into his heart and he looked at the woman with wide pleading eyes, silently begging her to put the phone away and hoping that somehow his aura would suddenly kick into action and distract the metahuman.

No dice.

The hand remained extended, the phone staring up at him.

"H-hello." Alex asked, clearing his voice as it came out much more fear-laced than he'd intended for it to sound "I managed to secure the deal sir, 60% off." a little of his confidence managed to return.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Special Agent Kato Galen

Going to be one of those days… Special Agent Kato Galen thought to himself as he walked the halls of the D.M.A. He had just gotten in, and was already being called to see one of the assistant directors. When he entered the assistant director's office and sat down, he was handed a folder. Two minutes later, he was running out of the assistant director’s office, and heading for the office he shared with his partner Aurek Lowell. They were one of the multiple teams of agents assigned with finding and taking down the Ebony Blood Syndicate.

“Aurek! Aurek!” Kato shouted as he entered the room, “Put the chocolate away. We got a tip.”
It's going to be one of those days, isn't it? Why he wasn't called in as well, he didn't know. Then again, that was quite common. He wasn't exactly pleased about that, but he supposed it was only to be expected, considering his... well, considering everything about him, really.

He snapped a square of chocolate between his teeth, letting the taste soothe some of his irritation. Only some of it, though. Aurek was many things, but not often was he completely calm.

Humming to himself, he snapped off another square, sighing as he heard Kato shouting.

"I can hear you just fine without the yelling, you know," he remarked with no small amount of dryness in his voice. "And here I thought you were supposed to be the calm one. Well? You going to tell me this information or are you going to keep me in suspense? I mean, unless there's some privileged info in there that you can't let me know... that'd sure explain why the higher-ups never see fit to tell me themselves. But that's neither here nor there, is it? Get to the good stuff already, Katie."
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Eliana Zadok

I make a face as I sip at my coffee in my hand, I really don't like the taste of it but I need something to keep me awake and I don't want to use my stimulants on that besides I have only been up for... Actually how long has it been since I last slept? Three days? Four? Yeah I think four. There is no reason for me to be staying up this much but I just don't want to sleep, there is so much to learn, so much to do, so much work to be done before it can end, that I don't want to waste time by sleeping. Granted one might wonder what I am learning or doing by being here and looking at plants but it is educative when it comes to my field and allows me some beauty in my life, and beauty in God's Creation is an important reminder.

I chuckle slightly at the stares of passerbys, I'm certain a nun drinking coffee in a garden is a ridiculous sight to most but that only means the faith has faded too much, as for me I love my faith and thus will openly carry it into the public space. Besides not much else to do today since the last lead came to a dead end, another set back for my efforts but one I have gotten used to as I am sure those before me has as well.

"Ah well, the Lord is my Shepard and He will guide me to where He desires me to be." And with those words I gulp down what is left of my coffee, toss the cup in a bin, move my head in a way to pop my neck, and start walking along the pathway, observing the plants. The coffee should be enough to keep me up for several more hours and should bring some color back to my face. Perhaps things will be different today and I will be able to step closer to my goal. "The hunt will not end until the followers of God on Earth have triumphed over evil." I mutter to myself but reassume my normal posture, no point in seeming more suspicious than a nun in broad daylight already is, plus it is a nice day out anyway so I should enjoy it.
The gardens were beautiful.

Botanical gardens were always lovely, but these ones were particularly special, weren't they? She paused to look at one especially beautiful specimen--a sprawling, low-growing plant with enormous lacy leaves the color of a blue spruce, and massive, deep blue-purple blossoms with five rounded petals apiece. "Oh, you are beautiful, aren't you?" she crooned, stroking the petals on one bloom gently. She could've sworn the flower perked up slightly. "Yes, you're exquisite."

She hummed a tune to herself as she straightened up, smoothly turning on one heel, and catching sight of one thing that she did not expect to see--a nun.

A bright smile spread across her face. "Well, hello there," she said sweetly, taking several quick steps forward. "Are you enjoying the gardens?"

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
A Most Dangerous Beast
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

The creature struggled, smashing into the barrier until it was bound. Once it was bound, it struggled for a few more moments before ceasing. Once it stopped struggling, it looked directly at Ana, and simply snarled. As it snarled, it became clear that there was a level of higher intelligence behind the bear sized creature. Suddenly it's eyes began to glow, and Ana would feel an immense pressure acting upon her, making it difficult to stand. The same pressure began to act upon the spherical barrier, and cracks started to form.

The preasure was not permanent, as it did eventually fade. However, once the pressure faded, the spherical barrier around the creature shattered and the chains that held it broke. Free again, the creature started to slowly approach Ana once again. It was about to lunge once again, only for the sound of whistling to attract its attention. Standing beside a tree a fair distance behind the creature, Danny Drystan stood, with his scarf and toque on the ground, whistling away.

It was then that the creature snarled and turned to charge at the whistling teenager.

Immediately as the beast broke free Ana fired a silver round straight at its skull, as she invoked her spells once more.
"Encase. Bind. Layer."
The same effects as before appeared, but this time they did not remain still after they were cast. She closed her eyes, and the barriers and chains began to layer on top of themselves, growing in number and thickness rapidly.
"Kid, I don't know who you are, but this thing destroyed my barriers in a matter of moments, I'm not sure I can hold it even with a recursive spell. This is gonna drain me fast. If you can do something, do it."

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 am

Charlia wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Eliana Zadok

The gardens were beautiful.

Botanical gardens were always lovely, but these ones were particularly special, weren't they? She paused to look at one especially beautiful specimen--a sprawling, low-growing plant with enormous lacy leaves the color of a blue spruce, and massive, deep blue-purple blossoms with five rounded petals apiece. "Oh, you are beautiful, aren't you?" she crooned, stroking the petals on one bloom gently. She could've sworn the flower perked up slightly. "Yes, you're exquisite."

She hummed a tune to herself as she straightened up, smoothly turning on one heel, and catching sight of one thing that she did not expect to see--a nun.

A bright smile spread across her face. "Well, hello there," she said sweetly, taking several quick steps forward. "Are you enjoying the gardens?"

I continue to walk through the garden but I can't help but smile sadly since it feels a bit empty without her at my side like it was always when we went out into nature. "Lucia." I mutter to myself remembering my fellow Sister, how is she doing? Is she still in the city? Who is helping her with her condition? Was she assigned any new tasks if so who is her partner if not me?

If you are worried so much about me why did you leave me? I shake my head, cursing my imagination at being able to perfectly imagine her voice, and move away from the flower I had been observing to examine something else, though I can imagine her smile perfectly as I would describe it to her since she knows how much I adore the color blue and that flower had been so beautiful, and move onto viewing something else nearby. Before long though I am approached by a girl with a smile on her face to my surprise, people normally don't approach me due to my clothing.

"Well hello there. Are you enjoying the gardens?" Well she seems harmless, not too far away from me in age either.

I lightly smile, hold the base of my hands against my stomach, and interlace my fingers. "Why yes I am miss, these gardens are very refreshing for me when I have the free time to come here. That and I love this garden quite a bit, it is just... breathtaking in its own way if you know where to look but that is nature itself." I judge what direction she came from and make note of that blue-purple flower I was admiring earlier. "Such as that blue-purple flower along the way you came. Beautiful doesn't describe such a specimen but that might be because I love the color blue." I chuckle on the inside at that, truly my fondness for the color blue is inescapable.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am

I raised an eyebrow as Godwyn, keeping my face stone-calm otherwise. Was he the first to figure it out and come do something about it?

“I’d be happy to look at the details of the event, and give you my answer,” I replied, “If you want to go asking more person questions, heh, first, I’ll need those pockets empty.”

If he wanted answers other than the main question, he could certainly get them. But I wasn’t stupid. Every now and then a wannabe demon hunter figured it out, came in, tried their hand at me. But I’ve had plenty of practice, and this wasn’t my first rodeo. If he wanted me to play his game, he’d need to play mine.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Dr. Frederick H. Grimm
Late Morning, Saturday, October 7th 2051

Grimm gave a sigh of relief and leaned back in the bench and looked up to the ceiling, he looked over at the headmaster out of the corner of his eye and said, "Nothing slips by you, does it old man?"

Frederick leaned back forward and started to dig in his tan blazer and pulled out a small, obviously aged, leather book and started flipping through some of the yellowing pages and continued speaking to Slecg while he was still flipping though the pages. "Then you are of the same opinion of myself and the Order then? The artifact here, whatever it is, it needs to be kept safe and out of the wrong hands, but the Order needs to know what exactly this is, because not knowing whatever could change the course of history is the greatest threat we are facing at this moment."

He stood up and slid the book back into his inside coat pocket and dusted his pants off. "I'll to take you up on the offer to go into the archives. Figuring out what this is sooner rather than later is preferred."

Lee Inaba
University of Giwash

"Well it's a very nice pleasure to meet you Mirage, just call me Lee." He offered his hand out to the woman before sighing as she messed with his Tanto and read Sephtis' message.

"No offense to you or anything, but your boss is delusional and also very unoriginal with his threats." He looked over at his biscuit and took a bite of it before taking a sip of his coffee. "It doesn't matter just how powerful of a monopoly the Ebony Blood Syndicate has here in Giwash, and it being Giwash of all places. He doesn't have the resources to take on an Ocean spanning crime ring. Only thing he'll do is start a war with the Triads and the Yakuza and neither of us want that." He nodded to the girl before continuing,

"Besides you still have your hands full with the D.M.A it seems but that's not up to us lets focus on the here and now." Lee rubbed his hands together, "I've been prepared to die for a long time, comes with the job y'know? A threat to my life is a weekly occurrence on a slow month. But I'll tell you what, I wasn't planning to die anytime soon, and I won't be either. Because I'll tell you what this is an excellent opportunity for you."

He opened up his hands and said, "As you should know, I'm the only Yakuza or Triad in the city right now, and if you help me out, we can keep it that way. If I lose contact with the Yakuza or Triads or turn around and head back, they'll send more boots out here, with much less finesse than myself. And either of those options will end up with me and lots of people dead, people that don't need to be, my family and yours."

"But," He continued, "Say we make a deal, I'm good at what I do and for the right price, I can keep doing what I'm do for the Syndicate and in return for such hospitality, I'll keep the Yakuza and Triads out of Giwash, because only my word will keep them out of Giwash but after that, there is nothing to stop them."

Lee took another of his coffee and smiled, "So what do you say Mirage?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Thomas 'Tom' Montoya
Skell Head Academy

Like many other staff at Skell Head Academy, the weekend was always a blessing to be had. A chance to recuperate away from teaching hundreds of students, and relax with a day into the town, or in the comfort of ones own home. The weekend was supposed to be like this for Tom as well, but instead, he was walking along the long empty corridors of the school. Tom found the school to be unsettling when the halls weren't filled with the voices of students, but today he was glad for the silence, making it easier to hear any noises that were out of the ordinary.

The week had been a rough one for him, and he wished he could say it was because of something tangible, or anything that he could remember that bothered him. He suspected it had to be something supernatural, but because of being constantly busy as the school nurse, he couldn't do much to figure out why. Over the past few days, Tom had been on edge, causing him to use more effort to control his more supernatural senses and try to pretend as if everything was business as usual. Though he had managed, Tom had became far more distracted and irritable, something he hoped people hadn't noticed as the week came to a close. He had made planned today would be a time to unwind and start to figure out what was causing these feelings to manifest.

Tom smirked at that thought as he shook his head, had planned. Yesterday while in a rush to get home, he had forgotten some of his equipment in a little pack he usually brought with him to school. It just contained mundane personal items, save for a magical part for a gun that could actually harm other supernaturals while still in human form. Tom always kept it on himself for safekeeping, but he had forgotten it in his pack this time around.

For the most part though, everything seemed normal as he walked along, listening out for anything out of the ordinary, hearing only his own footsteps and hum of the air conditioning. After a few more winding halls, Tom arrived to a door that had a sign on top of its frame, a red cross symbol on it, his place of work. He tried the handle, but it only jiggled, and didn't budge. He huffed in annoyance as he patted himself down, trying to find his key.

He realized though, he had only brought his taser and his wallet, he had forgotten the key. Tom growled as he clenched his fists, but relented in an annoyed sigh as he hit his head against the door with a soft thud. This week was just not his week...
Last edited by Vulnier on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Mirage

"Well, before I tell you what I think, I think I should correct your miscalculation..." Mirage said and pointed the Tanto at Lee as she leaned forward, "Sure the Triad and Yakuza are ocean spanning... but how many metahumans do they have? How powerful are those few metahumans that they have? Not only that, but the Ebony Blood Syndicate has connections to people that the Yakuza and Triad could only dream of. Oh, and those dreams would have to be nightmares. There are things and powers at play in this world that you can only imagine. Sure, by ourselves, we don't have enough resources, but with our allies... well Sephtis could easily crush the Yakuza and the Triad."

"And that's your miscalculation. Assuming that the Ebony Blood Syndicate doesn't have the resources to stand against the combined strength of the Yakuza and Triad." She finished and returned to lounging in her seat, "Anyways, with that fixed... I wouldn't lose anything if this city was to fall into war, no family, no real friends. Just me. Anyways, even if I could take you up on your offer, it wouldn't work. Sephtis wouldn't like using someone with personal connections to his enemies... he'd much rather make an example of you."

"If I accepted your deal, then I'd be acting against Sephtis' will, and that would mean I'd be betraying him. So now, let me ask this... are you asking me to betray Sephtis?" She said, with a serious tone. Before Lee could answer, she started to laugh, "If that's the case, then it looks like you and I are going to work nicely with each other. I've never really cared for Sephtis. You know, he killed the previous head of the Syndicate to take power. So, here's a counter offer. You take Sephtis out of the equation, I'll take power of the Syndicate, and then I'll take you up on that offer. I'll also be more willing to negotiate with the Yakuza and Triad. You'll have to do most of the work however, as I can't risk being found out, until after Sephtis is dead. I'll throw you a bone every now and then however."

With that she extended her hand, "So, Lee, do we have a deal?"

Sephtis
Over the Phone

"Only 60?" Sephtis sighed, "Really, I expected more from you, Alexander. With your power you should have easily got the price down... Don't worry, I won't kill you. You didn't fail me, I wanted you to get us a better price, and you did. No, you didn't fail me, just disappointed me. I won't kill you, but disappointing me still calls for punishment, don't you agree?"

Special Agent Kato Galen

"I'll tell you on the way down to the garage." Kato said and motioned for Aurek to follow. Once they were in the elevator, which they managed to catch alone, Kato began speaking. "Earlier this morning, the D.M.A got an anonymous tip on the Ebony Blood hotline. They gave us the address of a major Ebony Blood operation. If the tip is to be believed, there is two things of interest to the D.M.A, the first being that the Ebony Blood Syndicate has something plenty of goods that are waiting for multiple buyers. If we can hit it, and confescate the goods, then we can make a serious dent into the Syndicates finances. And second..."

The elevator door opened and Kato stepped out, continuing walking now through the garage, with keys in hand to the vehicle they were going to use. As they walked, there was a large number of agents either getting into cars, or pulling out.

"According to the tip, there is a major transaction happening this morning." Kato said and smirked at Aurek, "And do you know what that means?"

Brother Godwyn
Ludovika Sarsenbaev's Office, The CLNN Building, Giwash

"How about we cease this game." Brother Godwyn sighed and then looked her dead in the eyes, "Theresa Shanwile. Luann Gemak. Edmund Shorstring. Marcel Strata. Judy Aasten. Kaloliina Taumata. Ludovika Sarsenbaev. All known for their near perfect accuracy in reporting the weather. Not to mention the lack of birth certificates. They are all the same person, are they not? The Order has been aware of your presence here since the beginning. We are aware that you are not human. Your ability to manipulate the weather of Giwash has caused the Order quite some trouble in pinning what you are. However, your sudden success in programs other than the weather, specifically your appearances on Talking Today gave us a much better idea of what you are."

He paused, "Summoned back in 1927 by Henry Jessen to aid his newly established radio station. You are a dezien of Hell, a demon. Specifically, a succubus. Am I wrong?"

Slecg Beaumont

Slecg stood up and motioned for Dr. Grimm to follow. As they walked, Dr. Grimm would notice a change in the expression on Slecg's face. It wasn't his normal expression, but an expression of extreme seriousness and a pinch of dread. Whatever he was going to show the good doctor was something that made even Slecg wary.

They eventually got to a staircase, and descended to the archives. There was a guard at the entrance to the museum archive, who tried to stop them. All Slecg did was pull a card from his pocket and showed it to the guard. The guard nodded and stepped back, allowing the two entry.

"Well, there is only one thing in the museums archives that could change the course of history in the wrong hands." He said as he lead the doctor through the archive. "Most of the artifacts here either never possessed any magic, had all the magic from them fade away, or don't grant any magic that could be considered dangerous... All except for one artifact. And here it is."

They arrived at a locked door, which the good doctor would be able to tell was warded and possessed multiple layers of magic protection. After putting multiple codes into the keypad beside the door, the door opened slowly. Beyond the door was a metal room, with a single lecturn in the centre, with the surface where a book would be placed facing the door. On the lecturn their was a single, very old, leatherbound journal. It was simple, with no descernable features, other than the low levels of magic that could be felt coming from it. If one was to open it, they would find that it was completely blank, and if they tried to write in it, the writting would just disappear.

"Here it is." Slecg said, and motioned to the book. "Take a look if you want. I don't think you would have seen something like this before. I would tell you what it is, but I have a feeling you'll be able to get a general idea of what it is."

Danny Drystan
Lloa Rock Park, Giwash

"Ah, don't worry about me." Danny said and motioned to the creature. While the silver bullet penetrate its skull, it wasn't dead. If anything, at the moment it was confused, and as such, the creature wasn't fighting back, yet. Once the wound had fully healed, it started to struggle again, more fericely now, as if it had been royally ticked off. It only took it a few moments to break out. Once free, it didn't pay any attention to Ana, and instead locked eyes with Danny. Before Ana could speak, Danny spoke again. "Save your magic. I can handle this pooch."

"Quod in viribus partum, et conteret ponere." He began to speak as the creature charged towards him. While he spoke, he closed his eyes and put his hands up, with open palms. "Voco autem vis primordiales chaos, nam est universum nostrum fons."

The creature was in lunging distance of Danny, and so it lunged. But it missed, as Danny avoided the creature with incredible speed and agility. A speed and agility that Ana would recognize as the speed of Danny Drystan.

"Ut primum vi memini enim concupiscit omnia in nihilum." Danny continued as if nothing had happened. The creature once again turned to him, and this time tried to swipe at him during its charge. Once again, Danny avoided it with ease, continuing with what was no obviously a spell magic energy start to radiate from him. "Memini vim praebet aequilibrium quia obiecto custodiens veritatem inane concurrere."

Starting to get annoyed, the creature's eyes started to glow, as it tried to increase pressure around Danny. Danny didn't dodge this. Instead, he raised a hand up, with the palm to the heavens. The pressure didn't hit him, instead the creature was forced to the ground as the pressure it tried to target Danny with struck it.

"Magus primo loco ea dico." He said, and opened his eyes before using his speed to charge towards the crippled creature. As the creature was getting up, Danny made a complete stop, mere inches from the creature, and placed his hand on the creature's head. "Ego O Drystan, obsecro vos, guide manum meam, et det mihi hanc potestatem, ut ex animis creatura ad universum suum, ad quam vacui!"

With that, a magic circle appeared on the creature's head. The creature couldn't move as Danny took a step back, and slammed his hands together, shouting one last thing. "Ab Deme Ultra!"

With that the creature started to shriek as if it was in pain, and started to glow. It only took a moment for details of the creature to vanish behind a blinding light. Once the light faded, the creature was no longer there, and there was no evidence that it once stood there.

"One down. Many more to go." Danny said as sounds and people started to reappear around the park for Ana and Danny. He then looked at Ana, smiled and fell to the ground.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Woodstovia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Woodstovia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Alexander Denton
The Bronze Dragon Tap

Sephtis' words made Alexander's skin crawl. He was scared of the man, and that was no secret; everyone heard how his voice got when confronted by his boss. Everyone's voices became whimpers when interacting with him. Alexander was his favored lieutenant, had unique abilities that he couldn't dream of losing, was instrumental in the Ebony Blood's power-base and what did he get? Threats threats threats. Who was he to be threatened? He was the power of god made manifest, a shining beacon for humanity, the whole world would bow to him one day! He could feel his teeth straining against each other as he clenched his jaw shut. He felt like a bird flying around a cage, he was beautiful, incredible to look at but forever trapped. Constantly at Sephtis' side or hounded by his lackeys who always tried keeping him in line. He was never given a shred of freedom or real power. Sephtis was probably too scared of him he decided. And his parents... If he ever tried lifting a finger against Sephtis...

"They were choking at 50% before I came in 60 was as good as I could get." he said, his voice not one of anger. he knew better than to raise his voice against Sephtis. "But disappointing you is always a good reason for punishment as you say sir." the words tasted like ash and he wanted to throw up after speaking them. perhaps he wasn't a bird, he was more like a screwdriver or something. An important tool the syndicate could take from their box and fix certain situations. But screwdrivers don't become commanders. he thought bitterly. "How will my punishment be delivered?" His voice was tired and weak.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse