NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XV: Because Another

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

San Lumen
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Racists deny their actions have consequences. His base eats his despicable racist comments up and believes everything his says.

Gormwood
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm

San Lumen wrote:

Racists deny their actions have consequences. His base eats his despicable racist comments up and believes everything his says.

And eventually, one of the base will be radicalized enough to try to kill Rep. Omar. Pizzagate shows it's very possible.
Last edited by Gormwood on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Duhon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Duhon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Once you've shot a man on Fifth Avenue, you can only go forward -- forward into the yawning abyss.

You can almost define Trump by the number of times he has excused himself from blame. Almost, for he's even quicker at bashing every opponent he sees, and lightning-fast at taking the credit for everything that could be plausibly linked to him.

Duhon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Duhon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:09 pm

Gormwood wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Racists deny their actions have consequences. His base eats his despicable racist comments up and believes everything his says.

And eventually, one of the base will be radicalized enough to try to kill Rep. Omar. Pizzagate shows it's very possible.

And the aftermaths of Charlottesville, Khashoggi's dismemberment, and Cesar Sayoc show how quickly he would deflect any sense of blame or shame from himself, then fill the void with his world-ending dick.

Bombadil
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:45 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Being a giant asshole is really just the icing on the cake when it comes to Trump. His tweets might not mean much in terms of policy, but they show that he has no real understanding of how these issues work and nearly no talent for diplomacy, both of which are bad traits for a president.

Odd then, that he accomplished what nobody else seemed to be able to, through diplomacy. The Korean war might actually end now.

Might not.. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... f-activity
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

Senkaku
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Senkaku » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:Being a giant asshole is really just the icing on the cake when it comes to Trump. His tweets might not mean much in terms of policy, but they show that he has no real understanding of how these issues work and nearly no talent for diplomacy, both of which are bad traits for a president.

Odd then, that he accomplished what nobody else seemed to be able to, through diplomacy. The Korean war might actually end now.

The man himself walked away from Hanoi lol (which is just abt the only thing I'd give him props for diplomatically), and the Norks are restarting reactor and missile test sites lol
Instagay

Athrax wrote:
Gauthier wrote:How many times a month did Kennedy visit Dallas?

Only once. He got a mindblowing reception though

The Nuclear Fist wrote:Just try and find a seat without getting your bollocks stuck in a light socket.

Lunas Legion wrote:That's NS for you. It has 2 speeds; a rape train with no brakes or brakes with no train.

Diopolis wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Sanders/Trump 2016

Mexico will pay for our universal healthcare!

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:The strobe was a little much.

But then the beat dropped and it was just perfect.

Gormwood
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Duhon wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And eventually, one of the base will be radicalized enough to try to kill Rep. Omar. Pizzagate shows it's very possible.

And the aftermaths of Charlottesville, Khashoggi's dismemberment, and Cesar Sayoc show how quickly he would deflect any sense of blame or shame from himself, then fill the void with his world-ending dick.

Even if the attacker/murderer expliciy mentions being inspired/motivated by Trump's verbal attacks on Rep. Omar.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Thuzbekistan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Thuzbekistan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:
Thuzbekistan wrote:That's just objectively untrue. Most Americans saw a decrease in their tax burdens by at least 100 dollars

I'd like a source on this because all the information I've found shows that, while the tax rate did go down when it's averaged out among all Americans, the tax breaks were focused on the wealthy, and the middle and lower classes saw either no change or higher taxes.

http://fortune.com/2019/04/15/trump-tax-day-2019-cut/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html
Last edited by Thuzbekistan on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of The Western Isles, the Best RP region on NS.
An RP I'm Proud of: Orsandian Civil War
An INTJ, -A/-T

Economic Left/Right: -5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.72

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Senkaku wrote:

The man himself walked away from Hanoi lol (which is just abt the only thing I'd give him props for diplomatically), and the Norks are restarting reactor and missile test sites lol

Hey now, he said some really nice words to Kim Jong Un, and Kim Jong Un sent him a letter fellating him. It's not his fault that this amounted jack shit happening in real world terms. He obviously brokered a lasting peace, if only a hypothetical lasting peace.

Gormwood
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Senkaku wrote:The man himself walked away from Hanoi lol (which is just abt the only thing I'd give him props for diplomatically), and the Norks are restarting reactor and missile test sites lol

Hey now, he said some really nice words to Kim Jong Un, and Kim Jong Un sent him a letter fellating him. It's not his fault that this amounted jack shit happening in real world terms. He obviously brokered a lasting peace, if only a hypothetical lasting peace.

Remember those old Sprite commercials about obeying your thirst? Trump is the exact opposite. To him, Image is Everything.

The Black Forrest
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Hmmm. Not really. Kim is way smarter then donnie. His street cred was increased by meeting donnie.

Much as I would like to see the war officially over (family fought there); it's not going to happen on donnies watch.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Kowani
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Kowani » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Hmmm. Not really. Kim is way smarter then donnie. His street cred was increased by meeting donnie.

Much as I would like to see the war officially over (family fought there); it's not going to happen on donnies watch.

Kim is one of the smarter dictators, methinks. He’s leagues ahead of Mobutu.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know. Open to TG’s.
Atheist and still proud of it. Technophile to the extreme.
Catalan Separatist.
Oh, and a Pragmatist. Somehow.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Neanderthaland wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:Contraception can't fail if you don't have sex in term no unwanted pregnancy.

Your entire religion is based on the idea that this isn't true.

Vassenor
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 pm

[align=][/align]
Thuzbekistan wrote:
Evil Dictators Happyland wrote:I'd like a source on this because all the information I've found shows that, while the tax rate did go down when it's averaged out among all Americans, the tax breaks were focused on the wealthy, and the middle and lower classes saw either no change or higher taxes.

http://fortune.com/2019/04/15/trump-tax-day-2019-cut/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/04/trump-tax-bill-truckers-truck-drivers-deduction/
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

An Alan Smithee Nation
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 am

Trump vetoes bill to end US support for the Saudi led Yemen War, because he is Saudi's bitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47958014

Gormwood
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gormwood » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Trump vetoes bill to end US support for the Saudi led Yemen War, because he is Saudi's bitch.

He'll bend over for any strongman who says nice things about him and/or gives lots of money.

Vassenor
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:55 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Trump vetoes bill to end US support for the Saudi led Yemen War, because he is Saudi's bitch.

So when do we hear about the groundbreaking ceremony for Trump Tower Riyadh?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Hufflepuff/Team Mystic

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:11 am

Shit people, fire your tax guy.

I sent my truckers back to renegotiate with their companies and get those companies to set up an accountable plan with nontaxable per diem reimbursement. One changed jobs to a company that had an accountable plan.

A tax guy isn’t just there to calculate the past, but also reshape the future.
Last edited by Galloism on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Black Forrest
Post Czar

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 am

Thuzbekistan wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
And how the Cut Cut Cut Act has caused people's paychecks to go down, rather than up as he promised they would.

That's just objectively untrue. Most Americans saw a decrease in their tax burdens by at least 100 dollars

Actually it's "fuzzy" math. Reducing the withholding is not a tax deduction. I paid noticeably more this year.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Post Czar

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 am

Galloism wrote:

Shit people, fire your tax guy.

I sent my truckers back to renegotiate with their companies and get those companies to set up an accountable plan with nontaxable per diem reimbursement. One changed jobs to a company that had an accountable plan.

Assumption being he didn't try. Family members are members of the cult of donnie. We tried to tell them the tax cuts wouldn't do what they expected. They didn't believe us and they are stunned at how little they got back or had to pay......

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:Shit people, fire your tax guy.

Assumption being he didn't try. Family members are members of the cult of donnie. We tried to tell them the tax cuts wouldn't do what they expected. They didn't believe us and they are stunned at how little they got back or had to pay......

A lot of that is about your approach.

I approach it as "if nothing changes about your situation, you're going to get screwed. However, we can change your situation slightly, and you'll wind off even better under the new code than you were under the old status quo."
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Black Forrest
Post Czar

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

A lot of that is about your approach.

I approach it as "if nothing changes about your situation, you're going to get screwed. However, we can change your situation slightly, and you'll wind off even better under the new code than you were under the old status quo."

It also helps to have their finance info and be able to show projections. We didn't have that. What is surprising is they complain but still think donnie is maga.......

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Galloism wrote:A lot of that is about your approach.

It also helps to have their finance info and be able to show projections. We didn't have that. What is surprising is they complain but still think donnie is maga.......

Well, that's true. I very specifically have that info for clients. They give it to me freely because they know I can execute magic on it and make money appear, or at least make less money disappear.

But in the article I linked, it was tax pros grousing about how their truck driver clients got screwed by the new tax law. I'm scoffing a bit because that's kind of their fault - they didn't look to the future when the law was passed. They're just grousing about things that they watched happen and did nothing about, saying how horrible it is for their clients. They knew this was going to happen, or should have known, and did nothing.

The Black Forrest
Post Czar

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am

Galloism wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Well, that's true. I very specifically have that info for clients. They give it to me freely because they know I can execute magic on it and make money appear, or at least make less money disappear.

But in the article I linked, it was tax pros grousing about how their truck driver clients got screwed by the new tax law. I'm scoffing a bit because that's kind of their fault - they didn't look to the future when the law was passed. They're just grousing about things that they watched happen and did nothing about, saying how horrible it is for their clients. They knew this was going to happen, or should have known, and did nothing.

Indeed. The probably drank the koolaid and thought everything was going to be great. I am sorry when it comes to household income; I never trust a politician. Least of all Republicans (got screwed by St. Reagan).

People seem to have stopped checking on things like this. Few seem to realize the future loss of mortgage deduction has begun.

Zurkerx
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 am

Who wants to bet his business tax returns will show investment in Saudi Arabia, that's if we ever see them.
A Golden Civic: the New Libertarian
My Word: Indubitably
READ ME
Pros/Cons

Looking for a Libertarian Community? Join The Libertarian Discord
I Do What I Want Retired Head Admin in NSGS
Proud Author Now!

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 am

Zurkerx wrote:

Who wants to bet his business tax returns will show investment in Saudi Arabia, that's if we ever see them.

We won't and dealings with Russia and Saudi Arabia are why.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General