NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] EDM Mayhem

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Founded: Oct 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] EDM Mayhem

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm

This issue is finished and submitted and is awaiting approval.

[VALIDITY] Must not have ANY bans on either of these: computers/internet. Must have high Youth Rebelliousness.

[TITLE] EDM Mayhem

[DESCRIPTION] Due to the explosively rising popularity of electronic dance music, the long-time fight between some of the acoustic and electronic musicians has gone too far today when angry groups of conservative acoustic musicians violently broke into various EDM studios all over @@NAME@@, destroying nearly all of the equipment, severely injuring eight DJ's and many other studio employees in the process. After most people from the angry groups have gotten arrested, many citizens and music lovers all over @@NAME@@ have remained restless about the situation, bringing it to your attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[CHOICE 1] @@RANDOMNAME@@, renowned acoustic musician places a radio on the table, tuning it to the ''Radio Classical FM'' station. ''@@LEADER@@, this electronic diarrhea music is the worst thing that has ever happened to music culture as a whole and it's just talentless, soulless and heartless synthesized garbage! No wonder they broke into the EDM studios! And just so you know, I can't even walk through the streets without seeing these radically weird-dressed ''ravers'' as I think they're called, swinging with their blinding light sticks while dancing to these loud ear-torturing noises with irritating processed vocal samples and effects on every single street corner! We have raged over this for long enough, ban electronic music entirely so we can return well-respected effort, heart and soul back into our music and educate these youngsters about what REAL music is!''

[FALLOUT 1] VeggieLoops physical copies have been composted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[CHOICE 2A] [VALIDITY] Only valid for nations with a free-market economy
''Are you crazy?'', exclaims Davy Brown, CEO of @@NAME@@ EDM Studios® while tuning the radio to the ''ElectroBeatz FM'' station. ''Electronic music is a huge money-maker at the moment because of its rising popularity! Banning it would also be a huge violation on our freedom of expression, and we would lose all our beloved fans, radio stations, revenue and sales of all of our electronic music creation programs like VeggieLoops Studio! And trust me, not ALL electronic music is talentless, soulless or heartless. You just heard some of the more agressive genres around, that's all! @@LEADER@@, I suggest you subsidize the electronic music industry, so we can rebuild our studios, get more great DJ performances going and take over the entire acoustic music indu- I mean... please our fans harder, better, faster, stronger!''

[CHOICE 2B] [VALIDITY] Only valid for nations with a state-planned economy
''Are you crazy?'', exclaims Davy Brown, head of the @@NAME@@ EDM Studios Group while tuning the radio to the ''ElectroBeatz FM'' station. ''Electronic music is greatly benefiting our national economy at the moment because of its rising popularity! Banning it would also be a huge violation on our freedom of expression, and we would lose all our beloved fans, radio stations, and availability of all of our electronic music creation programs like VeggieLoops Studio! And trust me, not ALL electronic music is talentless, soulless or heartless. You just heard some of the more agressive genres around, that's all! @@LEADER@@, I suggest you increase public spending for the electronic music industry, so we can rebuild our studios, get more great DJ performances going and take over the entire acoustic music indu- I mean... please our fans harder, better, faster, stronger!''

[FALLOUT 2] Many streetlights are outshined by rave party lights.

[CHOICE 3] 'There's no need to favor one over the other!'' Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Culture, while tuning the radio to the ''FusionMusic FM'' station. ''You all are completely forgetting the underlying problem: your disrespect towards your opposite styles! I suggest we unite the acoustic music industry and the electronic music industry into one big music industry and set up schools to teach everyone your own ways of making both acoustic and electronic music, all while still being able to produce and release songs in any way you like! Maybe even try fusing elements of both acoustic and electronic music into one song for once? How interesting! Sure, we'll have to raise the taxes a bit to make all of this possible, but I think it's gonna be well worth it if it means we can enter an entirely new peaceful and exciting era in music culture!''

[FALLOUT 3] DJ's can be seen blowing on guitars thinking they're flutes.

[CHOICE 4] "Why should the government even care?" Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a renowned anarchist yelling from outside the window. "The things that happened, just happened, and stuff like this happens around the world on a daily basis anyway! Besides, those invaders got arrested, right? And for your information, most, but not ALL of the EDM studios have been destroyed! I really don't see the problem here, so please, let the government take its big nose out of these cases, and give us a nice tax cut while you're at it!"

[FALLOUT 4] DJ's suffer from a wage cut while citizens enjoy a tax cut.

Some interesting notes:

- Davy Brown is a reference to David Brown, better known as ''Dave'', the guy who runs the Boyinaband channel on YouTube. Some lines in option 2 have been borrowed directly from a couple of sentences he said in his video ''Electronic Musicians Are Talentless'', where he discussed that electronic musicians do in fact have certain talents and skills.

- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is a reference to one of Daft Punk's older tracks with the name Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger, which according to the wiki first got released in October 15th of 2001 and got a live version of it released as a single from the album ''Alive 2007'' on October 15th of 2007. This version apparently won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording in 2009.

- VeggieLoops Studio is a reference to FruityLoops and FL Studio, which are both part of a certain line of Digital Audio Workstations (DAW), with FruityLoops being older and FL Studio being the newest developed by Image-Line Software.
Last edited by Betelgeuse Alliance on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 45 times in total.
Countless self-governing communities throughout space that are united under one constitution.

I only use NS Stats very loosely - I mainly use factbooks - Telegrams welcome

_______To protect our peace and constitutional values_______
SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

For and Against (just my own opinions, I'm not hostile towards other's views):
FOR: Georgism, UBI, Liberty, YIMBYism, Free Markets, Environmentalism, Guaranteed Healthcare & Education, LGBT+ Equal Rights, Free Speech, Local Democracy, Diplomacy, Technological Advancement, Open Source
AGAINST: Authoritarianism, Cronyism, Corporatism, Censorship, Radical Feminism, Corruption

Verdant Haven
Director of Content

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Verdant Haven » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:13 pm

As a quick heads-up, writers don't specify the effects that their issues will have. That's a backstage activity by the editors after successful submission and acceptance!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Why should @@LEADER@@ care?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:35 am

Verdant Haven wrote:As a quick heads-up, writers don't specify the effects that their issues will have. That's a backstage activity by the editors after successful submission and acceptance!

Alright, thanks for telling me! What do you think of this idea though?
Countless self-governing communities throughout space that are united under one constitution.

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

FOR: Georgism, UBI, Liberty, YIMBYism, Free Markets, Environmentalism, Guaranteed Healthcare & Education, LGBT+ Equal Rights, Free Speech, Local Democracy, Diplomacy, Technological Advancement, Open Source
AGAINST: Authoritarianism, Cronyism, Corporatism, Censorship, Radical Feminism, Corruption

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:35 am

I just added another solution option, guys!

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:38 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why should @@LEADER@@ care?

Alright, I immediately added that option for you.

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 am

The result of Option 3 is a bit bland. I suggest something on the lines of "DJs have a pay cut while their fans have a tax cut." Not the best but I can't think of something else right now
This is my signature. The old one was odd.

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:The result of Option 3 is a bit bland. I suggest something on the lines of "DJs have a pay cut while their fans have a tax cut." Not the best but I can't think of something else right now

Hmmm... It IS very hard to come up with a better more humorous one indeed. I'll think about it.

Edit: I came up with this: ''DJ's suffer from a wage cut while citizens enjoy a nice tax cut.''
I replaced 'fans' with 'citizens' for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Betelgeuse Alliance on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:43 pm

This issue now has 4 solution options!

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:32 pm

In the new option 3, the last part (DJs blowing on guitars) is enough.

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:43 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:In the new option 3, the last part (DJs blowing on guitars) is enough.

But it's not just about the DJ's... I shortened it just a tiny bit by removing 'and computers' though.

Edit: Upon second thought, you were right, so I changed it.
Last edited by Betelgeuse Alliance on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Fallout 2 Suggestion: "Streetlights are outshined by dance party lights

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:Fallout 2 Suggestion: "Streetlights are outshined by dance party lights

You're a genius.

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 am

Fallout 1 Suggestion: "VeggieLoops physical copies have been composted"

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:44 pm

Submitted? Already? I haven't even had the chance to look at it
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Betelgeuse Alliance
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Betelgeuse Alliance » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Submitted? Already? I haven't even had the chance to look at it

You were one of the first guys to comment on this when it was in it's early 'Draft' stage. Maybe you don't recognize it, because I added more options, organized and polished it many times. Or do you mean something else?

SapplyValues Compass:
Link to my results

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?