NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Mandatory Establishment Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Snoburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Mandatory Establishment Act

Postby Snoburg » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 pm

A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry
Strength: mild

Believing that a nations natural beauty must be preserved in the interest of humanity.
Knowing that some WA nations attempt to override their states beauty in the interest of industry
The General Assembly
1. Will establish a committee of unincorporated and unbiased individuals
2. Will examine nations and find areas that they deem worth preserving in the interest of the nations ecosystems and natural beauty
3. Will have quarterly investigations on these areas to make sure their ecosystems are still intact
4. Will force the cause of any significantly inhibited to cease before the next quarterly inspection
5. Due to the significant loss of industry and therefore revenue on WA nations, a significant amount of tax dollars will be given back to these nations yearly, to make sure that the economy of these countries is not significantly impaired.

These laws will hopefully allow more natural beauty in our world.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Snoburg wrote:4. Will force the cause of any significantly inhibited to cease before the next quarterly inspection

In English, please?

Snoburg wrote:a significant amount of tax dollars will be given back to these nations yearly,

By whom? Money doesn't just appear out of thin air. Somebody pays.

Snoburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snoburg » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Snoburg wrote:4. Will force the cause of any significantly inhibited to cease before the next quarterly inspection

In English, please?

Snoburg wrote:a significant amount of tax dollars will be given back to these nations yearly,

By whom? Money doesn't just appear out of thin air. Somebody pays.

Yeah, didn't notice that spelling mistake, and I'm wprking through the money bit, as a tax raise wouldn't make sense

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Snoburg wrote:Yeah, didn't notice that spelling mistake

I don't see a spelling mistake. I see a sentence that makes no sense whatsoever. Given that it's probably the most significant actionable line in the entire proposal, you need to clarify what you intend it to mean.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:51 am

“Comments in red have been placed on the draft.”
Snoburg wrote:A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry
Strength: mild You have the strength, but not the category, and one doesn’t really make sense without the other. Thanks Arakaur, edit applied.

Believing that a nations natural beauty must be preserved in the interest of humanity. All of your clauses are quite bunched together, I strongly recommend adding a line breaks between them to aid comprehension and aesthetics.
Knowing that some WA nations attempt to override their states beauty in the interest of industry
The General Assembly
1. Will establish a committee of unincorporated and unbiased individuals
2. Will examine nations and find areas that they deem worth preserving in the interest of the nations ecosystems and natural beauty There should be an apostrophe in ‘nations’ and you haven’t mentioned what these areas will do, beyond from reviewing a review every quarter.
3. Will have quarterly investigations on these areas to make sure their ecosystems are still intact What will be the result of this? If ecosystems are not intact, what will happen?
4. Will force the cause of any significantly inhibited to cease before the next quarterly inspection This clause does not make any sort of sense, which is particularly problematic as this is the only one with a definitive effect, and proposals require at least one clause with a definitive effect.
5. Due to the significant loss of industry and therefore revenue on WA nations, a significant amount of tax dollars will be given back to these nations yearly, to make sure that the economy of these countries is not significantly impaired. Where will this money come from? One cannot just materialise cash from nowhere, and I’m unsure of the mechanism by which the WA could possibly pay all the thousands of nations within it.

These laws will hopefully allow more natural beauty in our world. They will only do this if the proposal makes complete sense, and line breaks between all your clauses won’t hurt.
Last edited by Kenmoria on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:22 am

OOC
"dollars" is either a Rl reference (and thus illegal) or -- if it refers either to a Roleplay forums concept [such as the NSD or the 'Universal Standard' Dollar] or to the currency of one specific nation -- Meta-gaming (and thus illegal).
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:08 am

Kenmoria wrote:“Comments in red have been placed on the draft.”
Snoburg wrote:A resolution to increase the quality of the world's environment, at the expense of industry
Strength: mild You have the category, but not the strength, and one doesn’t really make sense without the other.

OOC: I think you mean they have the strength but not the category. :P
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly